PDA

View Full Version : Grinding list

Zuuhl
07-11-2016, 02:39 PM
Hi there!

For some reason, I keep getting my arse handed to me in the 3rd world (the one with the tank).
Then I saw my trooper buddies with all those nice stats and talismans, so he is my question.

Where do you guys grind for talismans/shards/souls?
What is the best area to farm goodies (I currently grind in the first world on Madness level)?

Just curious about your methods.
Oh also keep in mind that I "only" have a 3* Eddie, so I won't be able to do the same farm as someone with a lvl100 5* Eddie. ;)
Although any advice on how to setup a good team is welcome too!

Jennie-5128
07-11-2016, 03:10 PM
This info would be v welcome for me too :)

Vaseodin
07-11-2016, 03:59 PM
Yes, it's really hard to find the evolution shards required to go from 3 star to 4 star. REALLY HARD. I have been grinding all sorts of levels for a couple of days (I can't count how many times I've run certain missions) and still 1 short on the 2 star green shard. Just give you context of how much I'm grinding, I have 12 2-star evolution shards (white), an average of 25 1-star shards of all colors (except white which I have over 50). My talismans are maxed out ( I have had to sell a ton), and an average of 30 evolution runes of each color. In addition, most of my characters that I use have talismans at 3-stars, level 30. I have 2 eddies at 3 star level 60, my soldier just upgraded to 3 stars and I have enough shards to level him to level 60 instantly. My support character that I use are almost maxed as well, and still no 2-star green evolution shard. If I don't get it It will be really hard for me to advance without the help of troopers.

They really need to come up with a system to fix this. I love Maiden and this game is fun, but it will get old really quick if I can't advance (grinding nonstop gets old fast). I can imagine non-maiden fans who like the game can become quickly discouraged and stop playing if they were in my shoes (and I'm sure a lot of people are in the same boat). I hope they implement a system to combine 1-star shards and turn them into 2 star shards. It would really help.

TYR
07-11-2016, 03:59 PM
I'm level 30 with a 3 star speed of light eddy and can just now farm first battle in normal underworld to start getting upgrade materials. I just keep grinding out levels and improving talismans on a battle I can beat when I get stuck. Not much else you can do, while waiting for timers on secret areas and trooper badges

Jennie-5128
07-11-2016, 04:35 PM
@Vaseodin "grinding nonstop gets old fast"
You're not wrong there kid.

Lamia
07-11-2016, 07:54 PM
Copying my response from another thread -

The game team is aware that it can be hard to find the evolution shards you need in order to evolve your main characters. That being said, it is possible for evolution shards to drop anywhere, so just re-playing the hardest levels you're able to beat is a good way to get more loot and level up your non-max characters.

We will be releasing a feature in the near future that will allow you to specifically hunt the evolution shards you need. Unfortunately I can't share more than that right now but we are excited to release this feature as soon as we can.

I hope they implement a system to combine 1-star shards and turn them into 2 star shards. It would really help.
Great suggestion, I have forwarded it to the game team.

Stormseye
07-11-2016, 09:02 PM
Great to hear Lamia. I just posted the "trade-up" suggestion in another post.

Zuuhl - Ally choices have been the main thing that has helped me forward in progression. That being said farming is a huge part of it and the right talismans for your Eddie/Ally make a huge difference. Faming them is a pain but use the tool tip drop down and always farm the hardest area you can for the best chances for drops. I still lack several *2 but as I can farm Powerslave Madness and Battlefield Hard, I mainly stick to those to farm and I have noticed and increase in *2 drops. The difficulty ramps up quite fast after Powerslave so that is when you need to start farming and replaying the prior areas to get to Hard and Madness. Although my Eddie/Allies are only *3 60 I was able to get all the way to Underworld NOTB but cannot yet beat it. Just keep farming and don't get frustrated. Also I used your Hero today :P

Nightowl
07-14-2016, 10:43 AM
As far as grinding evolution shards, I farm the "Combat Red" battle in the battlefield world. Every time I do that battle, I get either a random 2*, or one of the elusive yellow 1* shards needed for soldier Eddie's evolution to 3*....Hope this helps

Bryan-3528
07-14-2016, 04:08 PM
As far as grinding evolution shards, I farm the "Combat Red" battle in the battlefield world. Every time I do that battle, I get either a random 2*, or one of the elusive yellow 1* shards needed for soldier Eddie's evolution to 3*....Hope this helps

Are you doing this in Normal, Hard or Madness mode?

mrSaxonAcres
07-15-2016, 12:50 PM
I've had some luck getting 2* shards (specific color and the generic ones) on "Road to Ruin" (the first Underworld battle) on Normal.

Nightowl
07-17-2016, 05:00 AM
All the battles I try to farm in Battlefield are on normal....I can't survive the later battles there, since my characters aren't strong enough

Vaseodin
07-17-2016, 05:56 AM
What's your in game name? You may need to change up some of your talismans. They make a HUGE difference.

Nightowl
07-17-2016, 09:33 PM
In game name is Keith-0137....

I just beat Beelzebub in normal battlefield last night, so now I'm farming the second battle in the first level in the underworld....

I use 3* Soldier Eddie, Wicker dog King, and Wickerdog of Night....all level 60, all have talismans appropriate to their class, all level 30....

Now that I'm in an area where 2* shards actually drop though, I'm hoping to 4* all three of them soon...

Trystangst
07-18-2016, 03:13 AM
Soldier Eddie is such a step up from Wicker/Normal/Mummy Eddie. It's not even funny. Used a 4* 80 Carriage Rider Trooper to get past the General, and suddenly with Trooper I'm cleaning up missions I was previously just barely clearing.

Vaseodin
07-18-2016, 03:51 AM
If built right, all Eddies can be beasts (with a few exceptions). The soldier is very good, but my play style is better suited for the mummy. The way I've built my mummy he can take on things way above his "pay grade". Which allies you pair your Eddie with also make a huge difference depending on the Eddies.

Trystangst
07-18-2016, 03:57 AM
Well I was running Wicker Eddie with the Allied Soldier and the Ox Cultist, then I switched the Ox for the Soulless Demon when I don't need healing. Was working well, but Soldier Eddie with his default AoE attack and his special that buffs everyone...

Vaseodin
07-18-2016, 03:27 PM
In game name is Keith-0137....

I just beat Beelzebub in normal battlefield last night, so now I'm farming the second battle in the first level in the underworld....

I use 3* Soldier Eddie, Wicker dog King, and Wickerdog of Night....all level 60, all have talismans appropriate to their class, all level 30....

Now that I'm in an area where 2* shards actually drop though, I'm hoping to 4* all three of them soon...

I just added you. When you get an empty slot, add me - WickedVase-5538

Trystangst
07-18-2016, 11:53 PM
This may be common knowledge, but if you're trying to level a character or characters, you get more exp per unit the fewer units you take.

Also, I just had a 2* white evo shard drop from Battlefield (Normal) Cold, Bloody War. Huh.

Jennie-5128
07-20-2016, 07:42 PM
Trystangst/Vaseodin I am finding that play style affects such things a lot - I don't get on with Mummy Eddie at all, and I tried a Trooper''s Visions and found him meh; same with vampire hunter (although I love his Special) Soldier is OK; the blue Eddies I've tried (wicker and Speedolight) are fab but squishy; I really love the red ones - original biker Eddie & Run to the Hills - & samurai will be ace once his sometimes-my-hits-don't-hurt bug is fixed, given what I've seen from playing with other people's Samurai's.

I think it's one of the joys of the game, that we can all find something different to love.

#OldHippy

Trystangst
07-20-2016, 08:04 PM
Your units can definitely affect your playstyle - although there are plenty of units to allow just about any way to go about things.

I used the Ox Cultist as my healer a LOT, and he's very tanky. Though once I got Soldier Eddie's future skills unlocked, Ox Cultist really becomes redundant - his single target damage is OK, but his heals are weaker than Eddie's while costing 3 points to Eddie's 0. I'm still using him, but I am looking for a replacement (maybe I'll just beef up the talismans on my Soulless Demon).

Jennie-5128
07-20-2016, 08:22 PM
I'm still using Wicker Dog of Night for my healer, and I like that she has All Enemies Attack, but I think if I'm totally honest that's mostly because I'm soppy on doggies *blush*

Jessiah
07-23-2016, 09:58 PM
Trystangst/Vaseodin I am finding that play style affects such things a lot - I don't get on with Mummy Eddie at all, and I tried a Trooper''s Visions and found him meh; same with vampire hunter (although I love his Special) Soldier is OK; the blue Eddies I've tried (wicker and Speedolight) are fab but squishy; I really love the red ones...
#OldHippy

I found that 3* Wickerman Eddie (by default a glass cannon) given the right talismans turns into an absolutely vicious lightning bruiser (2x Ascension Talisman [Overwhelming], 2x Holy Talisman [Power]) and my 1st choice for sweeper.

The minions I choose to round him out are 2 Allied Soliders (One Green, One Blue). To all those having major difficulty getting to the areas where 2* evolution shard drops are possible-- I can't recommend the Blue Allied Soldier highly enough if you're forced to punch above your weight.
His attack all is pretty decent (especially with with possibility of boosting Atk and mAtk of the party) his reflect shield though is absolutely amazing and is prefect for ruining an enemy that can cheese you by spamming attacks that can create extra turns. That shield has turned several battles from what would be 1st turn TPKs into winnable fights.

I'm currently grinding road to ruin in hell (normal) for the necessary shards to evolve my Wickerman and Blue Allied Solider. I've not had much luck with RNG drops though. I've ground my way to level 38 and have only been able to upgrade my Biker and Soldier Eddies to the 4th star in the last 24 hours with the Soldier in the last three.

Trystangst
07-23-2016, 11:40 PM
My Allie Soldier (Magus) is my hero...not Eddie. His reflect is amazing, though you do have to be careful around trolls in the underworld due to the infinite reflect issue. With a bunch of MAG talismans he routinely hits everyone for 1-4k each depending on buffs and affinities. Eddie dreams of hitting that hard.

Jessiah
07-24-2016, 05:17 AM
What's the level and stats for your Blue Allied Soldier?
Only way I could get mine's damage capability that high was a glass cannon loadout.

The Reflect issue is why I have the green Allied Soldier on the same party. Damage is poor, but the full party heal&cure is decent (now that I have the ability to charge power and the talismans boosting him), his attack has a better than even chance of debuffing an enemy including neutralizing any shields.

Olevipoeg
07-26-2016, 08:24 PM
My Allie Soldier (Magus) is my hero...not Eddie. His reflect is amazing, though you do have to be careful around trolls in the underworld due to the infinite reflect issue. With a bunch of MAG talismans he routinely hits everyone for 1-4k each depending on buffs and affinities. Eddie dreams of hitting that hard.
Same here. I have got only Soldier Eddie for leading. I tried to level up my Eddie's skill so I wasted 3 shards for upgrade Acrid Smoke. I was quite frustrated and dumped all other skill shards to Allied Soldier fearless skill. And now I've got real damage pumping powerhouse.

Trystangst
07-26-2016, 08:52 PM
What's the level and stats for your Blue Allied Soldier?
Only way I could get mine's damage capability that high was a glass cannon loadout.

4* 80, 6919 hp, 1602 MAG. Hits for 2k to 10k per enemy, depending on affinity and buffs. 3 4* 30 Holy Talismans, 1 5* 17 Holy Talisman (so that's +30% base MAG), and 1 4* 27 Health Talisman.