PDA

View Full Version : Mummy eddie 2

Rodrikamikaze
09-24-2016, 05:07 PM
Yo guys got my mummy eddie(finally) and i also evolved him into a four star any tips on how to use him or what talismans to put?

Nekroliun
09-24-2016, 05:25 PM
Wait a sec, is mummy actually a good char? Ive seen many suddenly use him

Rodrikamikaze
09-24-2016, 08:21 PM
I dunno thats what i wanna find out

XcarecroW
09-24-2016, 11:12 PM
Yo guys got my mummy eddie(finally) and i also evolved him into a four star any tips on how to use him or what talismans to put?

I will be updating this guide when i have time. You can read a bit about the builds and talismans:
http://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?1777-Guide-Compilation-of-quot-best-quot-talisman-builds-for-all-chars&p=12357&viewfull=1#post12357

Vaseodin
09-25-2016, 12:35 AM
Mummy Eddie needs a tweak, but he's great. I use him as my main 95% of the time. I would put Health (overwhelming) or Paralisys (overwhelming) on him. The health talismans will up your damage output (as it is based off your total max health) and the paralisys will improve your stun chances (which are not great). It is up to you depending on how you want to play him. Either way, his damage output is not in any way great, but he tanks very well.

I love using him because he is such a tactical character (more than most), and you have to change your strategy based on the fight (which keeps things interesting).

First, you need really high damage allies paired with him to give bad guys the punishment they deserve.

If I am not familiar with a stage or boss, the first thing I do is run mummification (to make me immune to negative effects for 3 rounds). If the baddies aren't killed in the first round, and they cast negative effects (especially stun) I use mummy to support my allies by casting "sacred sanction", which will remove all negative effects and has a chance to give them an awesome titan shield. With this strategy I never had a problem when the accuracy debuff bug was happening in the dungeons (never affected me). And stunners are a cakewalk.

If I am familiar with the enemies (and they are tough and a boss) I immediately cast my titan shield (to help survivability). If it is not a boss, I attempt a stun with power smash or power punch (power punch has a higher stun chance especially if you're using paralisys talismans but only hits a single target - so use it on the toughest or most dangerous non-boss foe). That will leave my allies 2 turns to really give it to the baddies.

On a 2 ally team, I use 2 assassin allies. On a 3 ally team, I use 2 purple characters and a green soulless demon. He has excellent synergy with the mummy, as he taunts the bad guys that aren't stunned (most of the time) and he can take a hit while also doing some pretty solid damage. I put paralysis talismans on the demon, so he has a pretty good stun chance as well.

There are many other ways to use him, of course, but I find him a ton of fun to use and he really fits my play style. He's not for everybody, so expect to be disappointed if you're expecting a high-damage or straight-forward character. He requires a lot of strategy and thinking, as well as a lot of "taking a back seat" and letting the allies take the reins.

Rodrikamikaze
09-25-2016, 01:05 AM
Nice! Thank you!

Rodrikamikaze
09-25-2016, 01:11 AM
Mummy Eddie needs a tweak, but he's great. I use him as my main 95% of the time. I would put Health (overwhelming) or Paralisys (overwhelming) on him. The health talismans will up your damage output (as it is based off your total max health) and the paralisys will improve your stun chances (which are not great). It is up to you depending on how you want to play him. Either way, his damage output is not in any way great, but he tanks very well.

I love using him because he is such a tactical character (more than most), and you have to change your strategy based on the fight (which keeps things interesting).

First, you need really high damage allies paired with him to give bad guys the punishment they deserve.

If I am not familiar with a stage or boss, the first thing I do is run mummification (to make me immune to negative effects for 3 rounds). If the baddies aren't killed in the first round, and they cast negative effects (especially stun) I use mummy to support my allies by casting "sacred sanction", which will remove all negative effects and has a chance to give them an awesome titan shield. With this strategy I never had a problem when the accuracy debuff bug was happening in the dungeons (never affected me). And stunners are a cakewalk.

If I am familiar with the enemies (and they are tough and a boss) I immediately cast my titan shield (to help survivability). If it is not a boss, I attempt a stun with power smash or power punch (power punch has a higher stun chance especially if you're using paralisys talismans but only hits a single target - so use it on the toughest or most dangerous non-boss foe). That will leave my allies 2 turns to really give it to the baddies.

On a 2 ally team, I use 2 assassin allies. On a 3 ally team, I use 2 purple characters and a green soulless demon. He has excellent synergy with the mummy, as he taunts the bad guys that aren't stunned (most of the time) and he can take a hit while also doing some pretty solid damage. I put paralysis talismans on the demon, so he has a pretty good stun chance as well.

There are many other ways to use him, of course, but I find him a ton of fun to use and he really fits my play style. He's not for everybody, so expect to be disappointed if you're expecting a high-damage or straight-forward character. He requires a lot of strategy and thinking, as well as a lot of "taking a back seat" and letting the allies take the reins.
Hey do you know where to find the paralysis tamismans? Btw awesome guide dude!

PsychoEddie
09-25-2016, 03:19 AM
Hey do you know where to find the paralysis tamismans?

I didn't start getting them until the other day after I'd beaten Underworld on NORMAL.

I've gotten 2 so far while working through Underworld HARD.

(underworld drop info for NORMAL didn't match my experience of it very much, like I didn't get VOID talisman but I did very quickly on HARD)

Rodrikamikaze
09-25-2016, 04:35 AM
I didn't start getting them until the other day after I'd beaten Underworld on NORMAL.

I've gotten 2 so far while working through Underworld HARD.

(underworld drop info for NORMAL didn't match my experience of it very much, like I didn't get VOID talisman but I did very quickly on HARD)

Alright dude thanks!

Vaseodin
09-25-2016, 05:57 PM
Yeah, Underworld hard and madness seem to drop them. They're not very common, so it takes a while to get several sets (especially the overwhelming kind).

Stormcrow379-5310
09-29-2016, 08:59 PM
Great insight, thanks man, I was doubting for weeks on my eddie mummy, no more after reading this thread!

AppleJuice
09-29-2016, 09:52 PM
Yeah, Underworld hard and madness seem to drop them. They're not very common, so it takes a while to get several sets (especially the overwhelming kind).
Just curious what Assasins do you use?