PDA

View Full Version : An Interesting Observation...

Kaijester
09-28-2016, 02:59 AM
Not sure if coincidence or there is an increased chance for getting the rare character that you desire..but I've gotten these from Rare Soul:

Corrupt Commander on Magus Lord Of Light Day
Gunner Golden Son on Gunner Lord Of Light Day
Assassin Golden Son on Assassin Lord of Light Day
Warrior Bomber Boy on Warrior Lord Of Light Day
Assassin Undead Axis Soldier on Assassin Lord of Light Day

Anyone with similar observation?

The Educated fool
09-28-2016, 03:11 AM
Huh... that is indeed interesting.

aur0ra85
09-28-2016, 03:32 AM
Nada. A lot of crap in the last month. Picked up a troll and regular wicker man at random but that's it. :/
I'm banking my souls now because they aren't dropping anything. I can't even get a wicker dog king in a few hundred tries.

Heavy1974
09-28-2016, 06:27 AM
Only shitty 3* charachters, not one gunner or assasin. Just the same ones i get from normal souls....

Kaijester
09-28-2016, 06:29 AM
umm...I used rare assassin gunner soul to get those on gunner or assassin day... :confused:

I'm not saying that there is a higher chance to obtain rare characters on that particular corresponding event but I'm saying there might be an increased chance of getting that particular class, with the right Rare Soul.

slauki
09-28-2016, 07:37 AM
umm...I used rare assassin gunner soul to get those on gunner or assassin day... :confused:

I'm not saying that there is a higher chance to obtain rare characters on that particular corresponding event but I'm saying there might be an increased chance of getting that particular class, with the right Rare Soul.

since the time rifts were introduced in hurry i doubt, that they took the time to implement different dropchances for the souls. i would guess, that the rare souls there are equal to any other rare soul and you got extremly lucky :-)...but it's a pure guess

PsychoEddie
09-28-2016, 07:40 AM
Not sure if coincidence or there is an increased chance for getting the rare character that you desire..but I've gotten these from Rare Soul:

That would require that the rare soul remember where it came from OR that what it will produce is already decided at the instant it is generated (conceived).

IF what you're saying is not coincidence, the latter could be the case, (the former would be an odd added complication in coding) that it isn't like some sort of random roll is done when the soul is cashed in, it's already rolled when the soul is won.

IF this is the case, then the fact that I've observed, that if a soul is redeemed, it'll keep delivering the same character, over and over, even if a crash immediately happens afterwards each time that specific soul is redeemed (and it holds true for multiple devices, they all 'know' what character the soul is to be).

So, from that assumption, it follows that every soul that's currently in inventory is already destined to be some particular character and that changes in what sorts of characters are more likely to pop up in the future won't effect those souls saved up.

(i'm just speculating of course, pulling that out of my hind end)

Kaijester
09-28-2016, 08:06 AM
Ummm previously it has been stated by Devs that characters are assigned upon the usage of the rare soul, pegged to your account so even force closing the game will yield the same character.

This was answered by the previous Matt_LOTB in my August Q&A but somehow the thread was deleted. :(

PsychoEddie
09-28-2016, 08:22 AM
Ummm previously it has been stated by Devs that characters are assigned upon the usage of the rare soul, pegged to your account so even force closing the game will yield the same character.

Then my more complicated theory would be more likely to support your observation here....a theory that the soul 'remembers' where it came from.

(again, it's all just my speculations to support your own observations...i can't know without seeing the code regarding this)

Kaijester
09-28-2016, 08:52 AM
Wanted Carriage Eddie and it's Magus event today..So I spent 4 rare souls and gotten a Sentinel Pyro Soldier, Sentinel Undead Ally Soldier, Magus Harpy, Warrior Harpy.

Meh, prob coincidence...myth debunked.

aur0ra85
09-28-2016, 09:48 AM
Carriage riders fury is broke anyways, he heals the bad guys lots of the time lol

Painkiller
09-28-2016, 12:23 PM
Also got Rare soul and it dropped COTD ...the only confirmed thing is 3* Evo shards drop from lvl VII+ :)

The Educated fool
09-28-2016, 10:22 PM
Wanted Carriage Eddie and it's Magus event today..So I spent 4 rare souls and gotten a Sentinel Pyro Soldier, Sentinel Undead Ally Soldier, Magus Harpy, Warrior Harpy.

Meh, prob coincidence...myth debunked.

I was pretty sure it would be, but it was worth a shot!

Frost
09-29-2016, 01:46 PM
Just lots of harpies and undead soldiers... eventually a green tank dog...

Heavy1974
09-29-2016, 01:58 PM
Got me two mummy eddies from rare souls from the rift today.

hold
10-10-2016, 09:47 PM
It really might be pure coincidence and a lot of luck. I saved rare gun/assassin souls for a bit and bought some with trouper badges. So on assassin day I opened 6 rare gun/assassin souls and got:

- 4 times 3* rubbish
- a 4* assassin rocket dog
AND the RAINMAKER (also assassin) ...
I'll save again some stuff and try something similar on gunner day (or any other as it might be cheaper ... :) ...

Not wuite sure how to use the Rainmaker yet ... marks are bugged and heal enemies (sometimes?) and it is the marks that seems to make the Rainmaker very strong ...
So if bugs are resolved a combination with Bomber Boy (warrior) might be a nice combination ...

Reeb99
10-10-2016, 10:29 PM
I think it is coincidence. I opened 4 rare souls last night, and got 3 magus allies and a red harpy. Only one I didn't have yet was magus Golden Son. It was Assassin day, FWIW.

Kaijester
10-10-2016, 11:25 PM
I think it is coincidence. I opened 4 rare souls last night, and got 3 magus allies and a red harpy. Only one I didn't have yet was magus Golden Son. It was Assassin day, FWIW.

Ummm what if I tell you that Gunner nor Assassin characters cannot be obtained from normal Rare Soul?

AmBush-UK
10-10-2016, 11:57 PM
Ummm what if I tell you that Gunner nor Assassin characters cannot be obtained from normal Rare Soul?

CRAP ! ! didnt think of that, I had 2 rares from the rift only got Allied Soldier Magnus & Sentinal neither of which are rare lol
gonna try it if i get any more.

aur0ra85
10-11-2016, 12:05 AM
Rare assassin and gunner souls should be part of the loot on purple and yellow lord of light rifts.

AmBush-UK
10-11-2016, 11:14 AM
Just pulled a Warrior Desert Warrior 3*
ALLIANCE GENERAL 5* / ALLIED BOMBER BOY 4* Demoness got Warrior Harpy 3*

Aristo4
10-11-2016, 11:57 AM
Just pulled a Warrior Desert Warrior 3*
ALLIANCE GENERAL 5* / ALLIED BOMBER BOY 4* Demoness got Warrior Harpy 3*

Woa general a great pull. As I always say the moaning pays off eventually, keep moaning people :cool:

Nekroliun
10-11-2016, 01:00 PM
Woa general a great pull. As I always say the moaning pays off eventually, keep moaning people :cool:

Depends on what kind of moaning your talking about...

BillLion
10-11-2016, 01:05 PM
Rare assassin and gunner souls should be part of the loot on purple and yellow lord of light rifts.

Good idea. With so many skill shards needed it is hard to keep dividing the loot and buying gunner/assassin souls -though I usually do once a week and am always disappointed all over again. Would be nice to have another way to get these characters.

Nekroliun
10-11-2016, 01:07 PM
Good idea. With so many skill shards needed it is hard to keep dividing the loot and buying gunner/assassin souls -though I usually do once a week and am always disappointed all over again. Would be nice to have another way to get these characters.

Tbh i would like if normal asassin/gunner souls dropped, and yea the rare versions should drop imo

The Educated fool
10-11-2016, 04:39 PM

100% agree... I calculate a 0% chance they ever will be though.

Kaijester
10-20-2016, 10:49 AM
Finally gotten my Alliance General! On a sentinel event day!

Spent 6 sentinel rare souls which all are 3* trashes, another 9 Rare Souls and got lucky~*

Note that there was 3 Mummy Eddies among the trashes.

Aristo4
10-20-2016, 10:51 AM
Finally gotten my Alliance General! On a sentinel event day!

Spent 6 sentinel rare souls which all are 3* trashes, another 9 Rare Souls and got lucky~*

Note that there was 3 Mummy Eddies among the trashes.

Nice! I want this f***er too for so long but no luck :cool:

Nekroliun
10-20-2016, 11:51 AM
Nice! I want this f***er too for so long but no luck :cool:

I git him as my first 5*... also, should i keep a shitton of rare warrior souls for samurai? Or skillshards?

Im leaning towards samurai, but ofc the chancce of me getting him is -93%...

Duvian
10-27-2016, 04:24 PM

I believe there's indeed some relevance to it. Today is sentinel lord of light day. I purchased 10 rare souls and dropped them. I got a 4* sentinel class soulless demon.

Frost
10-27-2016, 05:24 PM
Just pure RNG.