PDA

View Full Version : Why does the PDK look like anubis???

Nekroliun
09-28-2016, 01:32 PM
In the magus soul char image in the "best drops" the PDK looks lime an epic anubis, too bad hes actually just a dog with really bad looking wings, i was first excited that there was an anubis char in the game, then disappointment destroyed me (not really)

1225 PDK

1226 Anubis

osiris0000
09-28-2016, 02:44 PM
Exactly! It would be more badass if he was standing.. And i am really waiting for Goddess Aset & God Horus for being playable characters! That was the one of the reasons that i have started this game. Wish there was a cool Mythology RPG having Age of Mythology characters!

Nekroliun
09-28-2016, 03:47 PM
I knew you of all people would reply! But yes i agree, i would rather have a badass Anubis over a dog with bad looking wings...

If i had to choose which mythological deity i'd want to see in the game they would be Ra, Shu, Anubis, and Amun... I say they could put Amun as a god that Eddie asks for help at defeating void thingy, THAT would be awesome

MetalWarrior
09-28-2016, 06:27 PM
Wish there was a cool Mythology RPG having Age of Mythology characters!

you just remind of that game,it was an amazing game,one of my favorite.

Ancient Mariner
09-28-2016, 06:30 PM
It doesn't even have wings anymore now xD
It looks exactly like the simple pharaoh dog

Nekroliun
09-28-2016, 06:47 PM
Whaaaaaaat welll the normal one looks much cooler imo

Kardas
09-28-2016, 09:38 PM
Oh man, Age of Mythology was rad! I still have my copy lying about somewhere. Always liked the Egyptians most in that one.

It's funny, I wanted to get a cool Egyptian team running in this game while doing Kingdom of the Sands, but I'll never get Pharaoh Eddie at this rate. And other than the Pharaoh/Mummy Dogs and Corrupt Harpy, the KotS characters peter off a bit...

The Educated fool
09-28-2016, 11:28 PM
Don't forget those Sun and Water Spirits! And Sand... others seem to give those more love than I do though. :cool:

osiris0000
09-28-2016, 11:33 PM
Oh man, Age of Mythology was rad! I still have my copy lying about somewhere. Always liked the Egyptians most in that one.

It's funny, I wanted to get a cool Egyptian team running in this game while doing Kingdom of the Sands, but I'll never get Pharaoh Eddie at this rate. And other than the Pharaoh/Mummy Dogs and Corrupt Harpy, the KotS characters peter off a bit...

Isis (Aset) is my goddess at Age of Mythology, because good economy = unstoppable army :) I really wish to see Aset and Horus playable, and new chars from Egyptian Mythology. I guess many people wants this with other different bosses also.

Btw those Harpies looks like little Asets and Hathors :)

osiris0000
09-28-2016, 11:37 PM

you just remind of that game,it was an amazing game,one of my favorite.

I am still playing it for long years. I never get bored of this game. Wish there was more games that have pure Mythology atmosphere like Age of Mythology.

osiris0000
09-28-2016, 11:39 PM
Don't forget those Sun and Water Spirits! And Sand... others seem to give those more love than I do though. :cool:

I just have one monster Pharaoh Sun Spirit level 100, i will try to level Pharaoh Water Spirit also :) And when i got Pharaoh Eddie, that would be cool Pharaoh team i guess.

The Educated fool
09-28-2016, 11:51 PM
I haven't used my Water Spirit very often, I must admit... but he's been on the back burner. I don't have Pharaoh Eddie (or any other even remotely rare Eddie, for that matter, he whined, whiningly) either, and Revive is a skill that's definitely not getting any less rare... :cool:

MetalWarrior
09-29-2016, 04:26 AM
I am still playing it for long years. I never get bored of this game. Wish there was more games that have pure Mythology atmosphere like Age of Mythology.

I still have those series of microsoft games,starting from 'age of empire', age of mythology,rise of nation.
also includes in my favorite lists are from sierra games 'Pharoh, Cleopatra, Emperor..

well,that's probably a topic of another thread discussing 'memories of your favorite games'

Nekroliun
10-01-2016, 11:32 PM
Wow i never played age of mythology, looks awesome, do you think it will run on a pc that can barely run oblivion!

Also arent harpies not even relevant to egyptian mythology? Pretty sure i once read an article stating a bunch of greek creatures and one of them was a harpy... Ye pretty sure harpies are not egyptian, if im wrong gg, if im right gg

MetalWarrior
10-02-2016, 01:28 AM
Wow i never played age of mythology, looks awesome, do you think it will run on a pc that can barely run oblivion!

Unless you have purchased your pc from the historical museum,it should run age of mythology without any problem. (video clip (http://cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/2031737/movie480.webm))

osiris0000
10-02-2016, 12:42 PM

Also arent harpies not even relevant to egyptian mythology? Pretty sure i once read an article stating a bunch of greek creatures and one of them was a harpy... Ye pretty sure harpies are not egyptian, if im wrong gg, if im right gg

You should try my friend, especially if you are into Mythology! I warn you: you can get addicted.
About the harpies, i don't know either if they were in Egyptian Mythology. But in my view, they look like little versions of Goddess Aset (Isis)

Kardas
10-02-2016, 01:33 PM
Age of Mythology came out in 2002. Oblivion came out 4 years later. It should definitely be able to run AoM.

As for the harpies, Wikipedia says they originate from Greek/Roman mythology. Of course, it's possible that they came into Egyptian mythology via the Ptolemys, or when Egypt became a Roman province.

Is Pharaoh Water Spirit that useful though? I mean, it's game over once Eddie dies, so I don't think he'll ever be able to revive Eddie, which means that you can only revive one ally in the Campaign, and two in the Time Rifts. Unless in PVP he can revive Eddies too without a game over...

Nekroliun
10-02-2016, 03:25 PM
Age of Mythology came out in 2002. Oblivion came out 4 years later. It should definitely be able to run AoM.

I play oblivion at like 30 fps and skyrim at 5 fps (completed both with all of the dlcs) and i run morrowind at 20-60 fps... I also completed heretic 2 like 1 month ago and it ran on like 20 fps... and that game is like... Ancient...

You cant predict my pc's actions, it once ran crisis 1 at 30 fps...