PDA

View Full Version : Favourite and most disappointing non-Eddie playable character?

Jennie-5128
07-12-2016, 02:52 PM
My favourite changes every time I get a new one LOL. I have just obtained a Wicker Man and fallen in love with his burny burny goodness. OMG is he powerful! I suspect I am going to use him lots (and therefore level him up quickly - those of you who are my troopers might get to borrow him soon :) ).

Most disappointing I would probably say is the Dog of War. Seems to do v little damage and yet get damaged easily.

How about you lot?

Dutch
07-12-2016, 02:55 PM
Hey jennie, thanks for the heads up ive just pulled him alongside a 3rd angel of pain lol, i wont bother working on him if hes rubbish.

Jennie-5128
07-12-2016, 03:02 PM
Hey Dutch :) I worked the Dog of War up to level 15 and he didn't seem to do much. Maybe I was putting the wrong talismans on him? I liked the animation of him drooling, but I didn't think much to his (lack of) abilities. Maybe you'll get on better with him?

Dutch
07-12-2016, 03:22 PM
Yeah I'm just trying to get the hang of talismans I assume you use green talismans on the green heroes, blue on blue ones etc? Will try and level that doggy up at some point

Jennie-5128
07-12-2016, 03:27 PM
I think I'm getting the hang of the talismans. They seem to work best in sets of two the same (or three the same for some of the more powerful ones). If you look at the colours of the three bottom slots I think that gives you the best idea which colours to use. Some of them are all one colour, but most of them have two.

Dutch
07-12-2016, 03:39 PM
Yeah I saw that the sets make a big difference, I've put all red talismans on the default Eddie he's at lvl 60 now but hard getting the evo shards

Vaseodin
07-12-2016, 03:42 PM
I really like the Pharoah dog. At 4 stars he is my most powerful character and heals a ton - for 3 full rounds! And he can dish out the goods too!

Dutch
07-12-2016, 03:47 PM
The only decent one I've got is Angel of pain I'm running with 2 of those as had a shocker pulling 3 from the rare souls

Kulimar
07-12-2016, 03:51 PM
Speaking of Wickerman Eddie, he's got some details up on the Wikia now:

http://iron-maiden-legacy-of-the-beast.wikia.com/wiki/Wickerman_Eddie

I would say Dog of War can be very good for protecting other squishy units as long you build him full HP. His Tackle ability is kinda meh in the campaign though. May be better in PvP since it has a 2 turn stun and deals true damage.

A character I really like is the Axis Bomber Boy (Fighter). He's sooooooooo gooooooood!

Hellcrow
07-12-2016, 03:58 PM
I've recently pulled a Gunner Dog. A pretty good 3* character.

Jennie-5128
07-12-2016, 04:09 PM
Kulimar: I've heard good things about both Axis and Allied Bomber Boys but yet to try them. When I was talking about the Wicker Man I meant the actual Wicker Man, though, not Wicker Man Eddie ;)

Ooo that reminds me, though: one of my Troopers has a rocket dog at about level 30, and that does ASTOUNDING amounts of damage. I'd love to get hold of one of them. Speaking as a dog owner I do like that the game has many many doggies to choose from :) I suspect that cat people may differ from me in this regard though... ;)

Gonzo
07-12-2016, 04:48 PM
My Dog of War is tanking everyone right now. I guess thats expected since he has more than 5k health at 3*.

Orc71
07-12-2016, 06:40 PM
My favorite so far is a Child of The Damned (warrior). One of my troopers has a 5* and he kicks serious ass. Its passive ability is an extra turn whenever it kills an enemy which means I can go through several waves without being touched. I save him for when I'm stuck but I can't wait to get one of my own. I just got a 4* Angel of Pain which is my second favorite, it's power attack is pretty nice. The Pharaoh Dogs & Bomber Boys are really good too. Most of the other dogs are pretty disappointing though.

Lost Soul
07-13-2016, 01:40 PM
Yea Jennie...got to use that Wickerman this morning...he was a beast! So glad we are troopers! I haven't really got any rare toons yet but today i should be able to buy my first rare Assassin/Gunner for 3750! Hoping to get something cool!

Jennie-5128
07-14-2016, 08:13 AM
I'm liking the blue Angel - the green one and the red one less. Although it''s looks being somewhere half way between manbat and moth is reminding me of a really rubbish "horror film"...

Lost Soul, I got lucky with drops yesterday so he's been leveled up a bit more ;)

Aledy
07-15-2016, 04:18 AM
The Axis Commander is the OG unit in this game and can't believe he's considered an non eddie unit

mrSaxonAcres
07-15-2016, 05:19 PM
Pharaoh Dog is my current fave too. Of course, he's the only 4* I have atm, so that helps. lol.

Vaseodin
07-25-2016, 05:02 PM
My new favorite is the mummy dog. Very plain and simple, deals a ton of damage - consistently. I also played with a Trooper's Axis Commander and the guy is insanely good.

aur0ra85
07-25-2016, 05:36 PM
The best combo I've seen so far is soldier Eddie spamming heal (free ability which also gains power and fury), pharaoh dog king using charge ability followed by Axis commander basic or fury ability.
It's devastating. And the cycle perpetuates itself thanks to soldier Eddie and his special stat.
Edit: another fantastic combo I've tried is Pharaoh Dog, and Pharoah Dog King who both have complimentary abilities. The dog King heals between rounds and his charge ability works great on the regular dog, the regular dog provides excellent active healing for relatively cheap ability. Lights out with Samurai Eddie, practically invincible.
Lastly Warrior child of the dammed and Samurai Eddie and for the third character a traffic cone would work great. Both Eddie and the child are capable of physical charge, where either you can then use Eddie's splash damage skill, or have the child attack and combined with the child's passive of an extra turn for every kill and two turn duration of the charge spell, there isn't much you can't vapourize in two turns.

Jennie-5128
07-26-2016, 03:58 PM
Wow, I just had a go with Vaseodin's 5* 100 Mummy Dog. Holy CTHULHU that thing can BITE!
I have no idea how squishy it is because it just kills everything. I shall certainly be putting more effort into levelling up my own Mummy Dog after this experience.

Vaseodin
07-26-2016, 06:10 PM
Thanks Jennie! Yeah he can bite like no other. The only thing he lacks is an AOE hit. But That's why we have 2 allies plus Eddie, huh?

jorgesarcos
07-26-2016, 07:37 PM
The Corrupt OX Cultist at 3 stars is an amazing Healer for Speed of Light Eddie

Jennie-5128
07-26-2016, 08:14 PM
Thanks Jennie! Yeah he can bite like no other. The only thing he lacks is an AOE hit. But That's why we have 2 allies plus Eddie, huh?
Indeed. I've got a nice spread of characters to spend my shards on levelling up now; mummy dog is getting all my purples at the moment though :)

BillLion
07-26-2016, 09:02 PM
I pulled a 4* Troll (warrior class) today. I wanted a 4* warrior badly, but not him! One of my troopers has him and he's just not impressive.

aur0ra85
07-26-2016, 10:16 PM
I just tried someone's Nomad with 4 star level 40 talismans and it did 10000 damage per basic attack of true damage. Then it healed itself like 3000 damage. Mind is blown. Put my samurai to shame. It's by far the most OP character I've tried.

Jennie-5128
07-26-2016, 11:04 PM
Oooooooo I'd love a Nomad, I've heard fab things about him :)

PeaceFrog
07-26-2016, 11:17 PM
Nomad is awesome. I just recently got the 5 star Nomad. Unreal attack!

~agrajag
07-29-2016, 05:23 PM
angels of strife and fear are my faves, esp. when used in combo with soldier eddie's roulette! i have to agree, though, the dog of war is certainly the most disappointing one.

Mild
08-02-2016, 11:18 PM
I have a trooper who has leveled up a lot if characters to 100, including a dog of war. With talismans it has like 30k+ health. Would be really good to absorb hits for other characters.

Trystangst
08-02-2016, 11:55 PM
I have a trooper who has leveled up a lot if characters to 100, including a dog of war. With talismans it has like 30k+ health. Would be really good to absorb hits for other characters.

That's the whole point, especially if you can use Eddie's Endure (assuming it doesn't get stolen).

Mine is only 66, but already has about 35k HP. The talismans are only like 25 or 26 5*. Once he's done, I expect him to be close to 40k health.

And one thing people forget - his Attacks scale with HP and deal True damage. Not to mention his Power Ability can Stun too. It may not be AoE, but he can BITE.

aur0ra85
08-03-2016, 12:22 AM
We'll see, I bet I can one shot it :P

aur0ra85
08-03-2016, 12:23 AM
FYI. Vampire hunter Eddie is a bit of a disappointment. Idk what levels the talismans are on him, but he didn't seem that great. He's a purple character too, I think he's listed as a red?

Kaijester
08-03-2016, 12:25 AM
In my opinion, the Wicker Man (not Eddie) is the most disappointing character that I've gotten.

Single target basic physical attack and a first turn only passive that raise ATK and DEF for all allies.