PDA

View Full Version : Why can't LotB count higher than 99?

OpticSugar
10-04-2016, 04:16 PM
Allow me to go on a little rant here...

Let me rephrase that, I have a little suggestion for the devs for something that might need fixin'.

Okay, This is the 21st century, and I'm pretty sure that computers (including handheld devices) can count higher than 99 without exploding. So why is it that this game cannot keep a stack of anything (souls, runes, shards, etc) larger than 99? More importantly, why is there even a limit on the number of materials/artifacts that we can collect (ie: you can only have so many stacks of shards/runes and when you exceed that number, you have to start selling/using them). I can understand limiting the number of characters and talismans that we can have... and giving us the ability to buy more slots... but we cannot buy more slots of shards or runes - and I cannot understand how it would affect the game in any useful way to limit the materials. It seems a lot like the year 2000 bug - where the devs didn't expect players to collect that many materials, so they only allowed for the number to reach 99 - and then they only allowed for a limited number of stacks of 99. The reason I find this particularly annoying is because it is a dreadful chore when we get that message telling us:

"You are 1 RUNES/SHARDS/TALISMANS over your Inventory limit and cannot do
Quests. Go to My Team to manage Inventory?"

This isn't part of the intended gameplay I'm sure, and it is painfully tedious. It just breaks your momentum. Especially when it tells you that you "you are 1 RUNE(s) over your inventory limit" but what it really means is "You have too many stacks of runes". That is not self explanatory, and when I first came across this, I thought my game was broken. I kept selling stuff in small amounts (usually I would take about 5 items off of a stack of 99) and it wasn't making that popup message go away! VERY frustrating. I would even be happier if there was a cap on the number of materials we could have, and any more of that material would simply not go into our inventory (wasting them). At least it would save me the chore of having to micro-manage a very poorly designed inventory user interface to try and figure out what stack I should sell to make that message go away. This current process is the opposite of fun, and aren't games supposed to be fun?

What are your thoughts on this? I've started a vote (petition) to see if we bring some attention to this issue. I know it's not considered a top priority at this point, but it doesn't seem like it would be that hard to implement and it would streamline things by removing this repeating nag.

Eagleknight
10-04-2016, 04:23 PM
I would love the removal of the limit on materials that I have farmed for. It allows me to save items to use when I want too not because I'm running out of space. Selling materials for gold make me feel like I have just wasted all that they me playing the game.

Shifter
10-04-2016, 07:27 PM
To add to the frustration. If you are at the max slots used, you can not buy a skill shard or use trooper points to buy a soul. Took me a half a day to figure that out.

Demoonchild
10-04-2016, 09:35 PM
Is really annoying, but not to commit suicide, no, not yet...

AmBush-UK
10-04-2016, 11:10 PM
It would make sense and to me it would seem an easy fix, I have suggested it to Sparton_LOTB HERE (http://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?1831-Introducing-LOTB%92s-Senior-Designer-Upcoming-Tuning-Discussion/page9)

Is Changing the Stack Total from 99 to 999 not an easy solution?

Sadly, no. Even then, that change would at best make it slightly more rare, but I've personally reproduced the bug with not having max-sized stacks, so it may not even reduce the amount of people hitting the problem by much.

Bryan-3528
10-05-2016, 12:44 PM
To add to the frustration. If you are at the max slots used, you can not buy a skill shard or use trooper points to buy a soul. Took me a half a day to figure that out.

HAHA the exact same thing happened to me this week. But I am slower, it took me more than half a day to figure it out...

Also, I am torn on which way to vote for the poll. I think it is a priority that should be fixed ASAP, but not a greater priority than fixing the numerous log in issues folks are STILL experiencing.

MetalWarrior
10-05-2016, 01:11 PM
I know there is a thread about 'Old school games', and people has participated in that thread sharing experiences. Now i request someone to create another thread to share experience about which game is that! where you've spend more time reporting issues than playing the game.They just as well put all of us into their payroll for being the tester.

i would also like to request OP to explain the 3rd choice of this Poll.
i wouldn't mind an explanation who voted for that choice. :rolleyes:

Baba-8301
10-05-2016, 01:30 PM
This might fix itself once the evo rune supply situation improves and sacrifice gives us some incentive to boost secondary characters. For the moment I am using spare shards to level /evolve dross that I don't plan to use but might be able to sacrifice at some point. <insert evil laugh here>

zamasu
10-05-2016, 04:07 PM
HAHA the exact same thing happened to me this week. But I am slower, it took me more than half a day to figure it out...

Also, I am torn on which way to vote for the poll. I think it is a priority that should be fixed ASAP, but not a greater priority than fixing the numerous log in issues folks are STILL experiencing.

Can you guys elaborate a little more about this? I been having this issue about not being able to buy anything in the trooper store. How do you solve this?

Bryan-3528
10-05-2016, 05:02 PM
Can you guys elaborate a little more about this? I been having this issue about not being able to buy anything in the trooper store. How do you solve this?

You need to sell stuff in your inventory. For me I had to sell stuff in the evolution shards section.

Shifter
10-05-2016, 08:02 PM

If you have all your shard slots full it will not let you buy anything with trooper points. you need to clear out at least one stack of the shard items. Not just 1 shard of xx, the whole stack, to free up that space.

Eagleknight
10-05-2016, 09:18 PM
Changing the maximum from 99 can actually help with sorting when you are required to sell for space. Something that I really hate doing. If they upped the number to 999 space would rarely be an issue and those hours of playing would not be wasted. I really don't see why there is a limit on how many runes and shards I can save, I mean I did earn them by playing. It's like I'm being punished for playing too much.

Aristo4
10-05-2016, 09:29 PM
Is Changing the Stack Total from 99 to 999 not an easy solution?

Sadly, no. Even then, that change would at best make it slightly more rare, but I've personally reproduced the bug with not having max-sized stacks, so it may not even reduce the amount of people hitting the problem by much.

1) its not easy said Sparton
1) it occurs even with without maxed stacks

Maybe its something else, that we cant imagine.Too much speculation.

Eagleknight
10-05-2016, 09:36 PM
I saw that also but with stacks of 999 it would occur less often and you would be able to have more materials. I'm not only suggesting this to fix the bug but because stacks of 99 limit the amount of resources a hardcore player can store without being penalized for playing allot.

Aristo4
10-05-2016, 09:39 PM
I saw that also but with stacks of 999 it would occur less often and you would be able to have more materials. I'm not only suggesting this to fix the bug but because stacks of 99 limit the amount of resources a hardcore player can store without being penalized for playing allot.

I'm with you about hardcore players should not have limits on resources.
I just translate 'Even then, that change would at best make it slightly more rare' into 'same s**t' , that's what I'm saying,

Eagleknight
10-05-2016, 09:48 PM
I'm with you about hardcore players should not have limits on resources.
I just translate 'Even then, that change would at best make it slightly more rare' into 'same s**t' , that's what I'm saying,

Got ya. It would be just a quick fix that doesn't resolve the real problem.

OpticSugar
10-05-2016, 09:53 PM
I wasn't suggesting this fix as resolving any real bugs... I just find it to be a frequently occurring annoying nag that I cannot understand why it even needs to happen. Just up (or remove) the limit so we don't have to be constantly housecleaning in the dark instead of playing the game.

zamasu
10-06-2016, 05:36 PM
If you have all your shard slots full it will not let you buy anything with trooper points. you need to clear out at least one stack of the shard items. Not just 1 shard of xx, the whole stack, to free up that space.

Thank you! i will try to clear out some stacks.

And back to the topic.

I believe one of the reasons why they don't want to do it is because of the players file. increasing the number of materials allowed will increase the size of the player's file making it more difficult for the server to read and probably causing more bugs

MetalWarrior
10-06-2016, 09:29 PM
I believe one of the reasons why they don't want to do it is because of the players file. increasing the number of materials allowed will increase the size of the player's file making it more difficult for the server to read and probably causing more bugs

That's very logical,any tech has those in their planning in advance , no doubt about that.

Except,these database aren't containing those items as they have physical weight,
think of each shard has atleast 2 lb/pounds,
imagine the weight of samurai eddie with its armor suit! that's huge!!

how big you imagine these db containing simple text file can become!!!