PDA

View Full Version : Anybody else a here a "hard-luck player?"

FlyingV
10-04-2016, 05:04 PM
Through my LoTB experience, I feel more like I am playing the Mötorhead Game - Born to Lose (RIP, Lemmy)

I've been a daily player since July, and ignoring the experience money and power robbing glitches and crashes, I have had the following experiences:

- Well over a month playing (Almost 2) to break the 4 star plane for any character.

- One single drop of a 4 star character throughout the whole story line play-through (no 5 stars)

- Having to slog through with borrowed 5 star gens and children of the damned troopers from others

- Endgame legendary crystal is 4 star wicker man Eddie (An obvious and unfair dupe)

- Talisman desert (Haven't been able to evolve a single 3 star tal. In weeks)

- Eddie drought: looked promising at first w RTTH and MUMMY, then constant dupes. I have only managed 4 additional eddies beyond the plot-awarded wicker & solidier, which were all 3 star and duped 4 times over

- High character drought: had to level an allied bomber to 4 and use as champion for months. To date, the only 4* or better characters I recall owning are the allied general, allied bomber, and the green soulless demon, and the allied bomber was the only one earned during the play-through.

It has been a very frustrsting grind behind an allied bomber for months watching the July-earned children of the damned, generals, samurai and vamp hunters others put up for champions... Maddening to see an axis general champion inactive for 19 days.

Anyone else part of this club

OpticSugar
10-04-2016, 06:14 PM
I think you'll get quite a big turnout for this club here... You are not alone my friend.

Nekroliun
10-04-2016, 06:58 PM
Through my LoTB experience, I feel more like I am playing the Mötorhead Game - Born to Lose (RIP, Lemmy)

I've been a daily player since July, and ignoring the experience money and power robbing glitches and crashes, I have had the following experiences:

- Well over a month playing (Almost 2) to break the 4 star plane for any character.

- One single drop of a 4 star character throughout the whole story line play-through (no 5 stars)

- Having to slog through with borrowed 5 star gens and children of the damned troopers from others

- Endgame legendary crystal is 4 star wicker man Eddie (An obvious and unfair dupe)

- Talisman desert (Haven't been able to evolve a single 3 star tal. In weeks)

- Eddie drought: looked promising at first w RTTH and MUMMY, then constant dupes. I have only managed 4 additional eddies beyond the plot-awarded wicker & solidier, which were all 3 star and duped 4 times over

- High character drought: had to level an allied bomber to 4 and use as champion for months. To date, the only 4* or better characters I recall owning are the allied general, allied bomber, and the green soulless demon, and the allied bomber was the only one earned during the play-through.

It has been a very frustrsting grind behind an allied bomber for months watching the July-earned children of the damned, generals, samurai and vamp hunters others put up for champions... Maddening to see an axis general champion inactive for 19 days.

Anyone else part of this club

Wait wait wait, THERES A FREAKING MOTORHEAD GAME???

also, i can relate...

aur0ra85
10-04-2016, 11:13 PM
Allied general is the best character in the game, and if not the best, is def top 3, be grateful you got that one lol.

FlyingV
10-04-2016, 11:36 PM
Believe me, aurora... I do all I can to cultivate and use my allied general champion. It was just maddening being the ugly duckling at prom who couldn't even raise a 5 star character for want of shards with tons of people posting 5 star eddies and other natural 5 star characters in the first month.

twc
10-04-2016, 11:41 PM
Wait wait wait, THERES A FREAKING MOTORHEAD GAME???

also, i can relate...

This had me LMAO, truly

aur0ra85
10-04-2016, 11:55 PM
Believe me, aurora... I do all I can to cultivate and use my allied general champion. It was just maddening being the ugly duckling at prom who couldn't even raise a 5 star character for want of shards with tons of people posting 5 star eddies and other natural 5 star characters in the first month.

Well good things come to those who wait it seems. Nice job on the general ;)
He's going to be a PvP nuclear bomb. I'd run him with basic Eddie (life steal works with physical damage), and a healer (PSS?), and a tank (for the rifts, blue allied cheese soldier/troll, green demon/green bat maybe). Don't neglect your soldier Eddie tho, he's prob one of the best farmers in the game. That allied general made every character you have OP, just tweak the lineup and talismans to taste.

Edit: you don't need any other character anymore, you have the great equalizer.

Demoonchild
10-04-2016, 11:59 PM
Well good things come to those who wait it seems. Nice job on the general ;)
He's going to be a PvP nuclear bomb. I'd run him with basic Eddie (life steal works with physical damage), and a healer (PSS?), and a tank (for the rifts, blue allied cheese soldier/troll, green demon/green bat maybe). Don't neglect your soldier Eddie tho, he's prob one of the best farmers in the game. That allied general made every character you have OP, just tweak the lineup and talismans to taste.

Edit: you don't need any other character anymore, you have the great equalizer.

I have 2 equalizers....

AmBush-UK
10-05-2016, 12:33 AM
Im in that club my mantra for this game is "if it wasn't for bad luck, I wouldn't have no luck at all"
Account login issues had to restart went from from level 24 to 0, No end of crashes/freezes
Been playing since the first week of release and not one 5* character drop, until The Pharaoh Dog King and Visions Eddie last week :mad:
The Demoness started a couple of weeks after me so far she's had Pharaoh Eddie, Corrupt General, Vampire Hunter Eddie and last night Alliance General

OpticSugar
10-05-2016, 01:02 AM
I guess be thankful that your game is working!

Reeb99
10-05-2016, 01:58 AM
Allied General is great, man. Combine him with soldier Eddie or somebody's samurai Eddie and a good area attacker like rocket dog and watch the crazy damage fly. Bomber boys seem overrated to me.

My problem is that I can't finish Underworld NORMAL due to crashes on Number of the Beast. Every. Single. Time. I'm almost finished with battlefield madness, so it isn't like I have any trouble staying alive in underworld normal at all. I'm starting to finish LoL floor 8's too, IF they don't crash. Those are really my only crashes left unless I try to repeat any level more than 4 times.

Chernobog3
10-05-2016, 07:47 AM
Been playing daily since around the launch and my luck is pretty meh, too. There's a feeling of not being able to make any progress. I've gotten 2 naturally four star minions and my only 5 star is the original Eddie. Getting white 3 star gems or the runes I need to evolve various higher talismans is like pulling teeth. I can only auto farm stage 6 of Lords of Light and I struggle to do any better than level 7 when playing manually. I don't even have anyone I can level up beyond my lvl 95 Eddie. I've got about 15 minions at least who are capped at 80. I've got a couple soul gems, but I've given up using them until a patch releases more minions. I can only get the corrupted owl cultist so many times in a row before I come to the conclusion they're not worth bothering with right now.

On an unrelated note, how utterly sexy would it be to have a Lemmy stand-in for Eddie, as a special character? I would kill for that. F'ing love Motorhead!!!