PDA

View Full Version : Open 80 rare souls or not?

Ubajoa
10-06-2016, 10:09 PM
Well, Im getting a little impatient and Im thinking of open 80 rare souls all at once.
Do you guys recommend me to open them or wait until I hit a full stack of 99?

Aristo4
10-06-2016, 10:36 PM
I just opened 7 and cried. Imagine the cry rivers for 99, and open your 80 :cool:

The Educated fool
10-06-2016, 10:48 PM
Do it... drop the 80... do it... :cool: I would.

aur0ra85
10-06-2016, 11:22 PM
Do it.. Screenshot and post. I just got a blue bat, and allied general. According to the devs, there is little point in keeping them if you want a specific character now as your chances of getting it decrease with the more characters they add.... If you want a future character, that's a different story.

Ubajoa
10-06-2016, 11:40 PM
80 rare souls

FlyingV
10-06-2016, 11:44 PM
Don't.

I just opened 88. Got 4-5 3*, no eddies and all of them were dupe vend trash.

Opened 12 rare souls, all 3* dupe vend trash. Should've known better.

aur0ra85
10-06-2016, 11:46 PM
Yeah im not bothering with my regular souls. No point anymore.

Ubajoa
10-07-2016, 12:34 AM
https://youtu.be/SXcC042E0MI
Well guys this is the result. A couple of 5*, 2 visions eddie, 1 nomad, 1 pharaoh king dog and 1 allience general. Actually not bad Im happy with my new chars :D

aur0ra85
10-07-2016, 12:47 AM
https://youtu.be/SXcC042E0MI
Well guys this is the result. A couple of 5*, 2 visions eddie, 1 nomad, 1 pharaoh king dog and 1 allience general. Actually not bad Im happy with my new chars :D

We're gonna call this 8 premium souls. 10%. Not bad man. You got some amazing characters :O
Super jealous of visions and nomad. (I already have PDK and tonight I got a general).

Kaijester
10-07-2016, 01:32 AM
Nice...congrat dude.

Noticed 3 sentinels 5* on a sentinel LOL day, maybe I'm right about the theory.

aur0ra85
10-07-2016, 01:46 AM
I got a 5* sentinel today as well.. Not sure I believe the conspiracy theory tho.

Ubajoa
10-07-2016, 01:51 AM
OMG would that theory be right??? I want a corrupt general so bad, next time IŽll open them in a magus day.

Vaseodin
10-07-2016, 02:19 AM
Interesting. I finally got the sentinel demon I've been wanting. Maybe there is something to this theory...

Eagleknight
10-07-2016, 02:20 AM
Grata you got some nice drops. I can't wait to get a General, I'm so jealous.

Kaijester
10-07-2016, 02:47 AM
OMG would that theory be right??? I want a corrupt general so bad, next time IŽll open them in a magus day.

I did get my Corrupt General on magus event...for those who missed my thread...

http://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?1848-An-Interesting-Observation

The Educated fool
10-07-2016, 03:30 AM

It couldn't hurt to try, anyway... :cool:

Frost
10-07-2016, 12:04 PM
Envy you so much...

Dumb question: how do you guys get that many rare souls?

FlyingV
10-07-2016, 12:47 PM
Envy you so much...

Dumb question: how do you guys get that many rare souls?

1. Level your team up to 5*

2. Enter Lord of Light campains in time warp

3. Play and win mission X (the highest difficulty)

4. Repeat repeat repeat

I got 12 rare souls in one go last time.

OpticSugar
10-07-2016, 01:41 PM
I mentioned this in another thread:

You guys know that you can peek at your rare souls stacks without committing to opening them. At least on iOS, if you force-quit immediately after opening (all) your souls, then they will still be sitting there when you reboot. Only thing is, next time you open them, they will be the same thing (it's not like you can keep re-rolling the dice until you get what you want).

Nekroliun
10-07-2016, 01:55 PM

You guys know that you can peek at your rare souls stacks without committing to opening them. At least on iOS, if you force-quit immediately after opening (all) your souls, then they will still be sitting there when you reboot. Only thing is, next time you open them, they will be the same thing (it's not like you can keep re-rolling the dice until you get what you want).

Yeah... BUT I WANNA REROLL THE DICE TILL I GET WHAT I WANT! NO FAIR DEVS!

woodol
10-07-2016, 02:45 PM

4. Repeat repeat repeat

Hard to level my team up to 5* ... I need 3 stars evo unes and shards... I'm looking forward to getting quickly the new update about fixing drop rates

aur0ra85
10-07-2016, 03:20 PM

This is why we can't have nice things :)
Don't mention in the dev thread how you are cheating/exploiting lol

Kaijester
10-07-2016, 03:39 PM

4. Repeat repeat repeat

I guess this is why the game team reduced the drop rate of Rare Souls...

Kaijester
10-07-2016, 03:48 PM

......but why?

twc
10-07-2016, 03:57 PM
I have mixed feelings about posting this. On one hand it could seem like gloating, the other hand it might serve as reassurance that with good luck you can get something good from opening souls. This was from a single rare soul drop just now.

Nekroliun
10-07-2016, 04:05 PM
I have mixed feelings about posting this. On one hand it could seem like gloating, the other hand it might serve as reassurance that with good luck you can get something good from opening souls. This was from a single rare soul drop just now.

Nice drop! I have one and hes extremely good! But i dont really use him for reasons to complex for the simple minded... and just saying, its not gloating

OpticSugar
10-07-2016, 04:49 PM
This is why we can't have nice things :)
Don't mention in the dev thread how you are cheating/exploiting lol

DOH! my bad!
I didn't have my coffee yet.

aur0ra85
10-07-2016, 04:56 PM
I got 2 blue COTD, one I've taken to five stars, but I cannot for the life of me build up another 15+ blue talismans for his team. Farming is brutal lol.
My samurai/soldier Eddie team is complete featuring allied general, red bat, hellhound, and red troll (just three more talismans for the general to level up). I'd like to take my PSS to 5 stars to sub for the hellhound in the yellow rift, but it's a want not a need.

calizario
10-07-2016, 05:21 PM
Nice...congrat dude.

Noticed 3 sentinels 5* on a sentinel LOL day, maybe I'm right about the theory.

Your theory is strong ... in 4 rare soul i win Aliance General and Visions Eddie ... detail .. on Sentinel LoL . ;)

MuadDib-7367
10-07-2016, 05:57 PM
I'm holding off on rare souls until after the update. Not because I have all the characters I want (I'm not close missing both generals, CotDs, hellhound, assassin golden son, nomad), but I have enough to farm and the inability to level up the needed talismans to 5*will prevent me from being able to use any new character right away. I figure waiting on the update and seeing what new characters arrive and if there is a new Meta that I should be working toward. Just my $0.02.

Aristo4
10-07-2016, 10:41 PM
I've seen some nice pulls with gun/assassin rare souls in a facebook group, including cyborg and rainmaker etc...there must be still hope, BillLion :cool:

Eagleknight
10-07-2016, 10:56 PM
I've seen some nice pulls with gun/assassin rare souls in a facebook group, including cyborg and rainmaker etc...there must be still hope, BillLion :cool:

I opened 5 rare gun/assassin today and got same old crap. I'm hoping I'll do better with plain rare souls.

slauki
10-07-2016, 11:49 PM
I opened 5 rare gun/assassin today and got same old crap. I'm hoping I'll do better with plain rare souls.

so are you finally going to open all of your rare souls? :-) if so, let us know about it. i think i might open my 80 rare souls tomorrow, since it won't make a difference if i wait longer...but i have to sleep over it, just for the sake of dramaturgy...

BillLion
10-08-2016, 12:11 AM

I sure hope so, Tom. But man the gunner/assassin rare souls like to tease me...

The Educated fool
10-08-2016, 09:57 PM
This game thrives on teasing... as evidenced by my second AG drawn yesterday. For just a moment, I dared to dream of a new Eddie... lol

aur0ra85
10-08-2016, 10:18 PM
If 10% for a premium character is correct for regular souls, and there are 14 or so premium yellow/purple characters, assuming the same drop rate, that means you'll need at minimum 140 gunner assassin rare souls to collect all the premium characters from those classes. :/
That is assuming no dupes and a kind RNG.
Also, I've cashed in more than 20 rare gunner souls at this point and have gotten nothing. Ouch.... Just ouch. I mean I'm sure I'll get something cool, but wow this is painful especially considering the amount of 3 star purple Evo shards this game gives you and 3 star Evo runes. (I think I'm working on my third stack) :/
But, those are some of the very best characters and the rarest.

Edit: given the RNG in his game, I feel like to get a particular character (cyborg), it's not out of the realm of possibility to go through a few hundred rare gunner souls. Reality hurts. I've got 267 3 star purple Evo runes, what am I going to do with them? :'(

Aristo4
10-08-2016, 11:50 PM
This thing with the tons of purple shards and runes is meh...I keep getting and getting them without ever having any assassin character to use them (only some 2* trash)so I've sold purple shards and runes in my early days for gold and kept only a few now (shards). Still got 2-3 stacks of purple evo runes 1 to 3*....

Keep the 267 purple...gonna need them on a Rainmaker/ vampire hunter.

You wont be needing them on your incoming CYBORG though:p

GL man, something good HAS to come :cool:

slauki
10-09-2016, 08:26 AM
If 10% for a premium character is correct for regular souls, and there are 14 or so premium yellow/purple characters, assuming the same drop rate, that means you'll need at minimum 140 gunner assassin rare souls to collect all the premium characters from those classes. :/
That is assuming no dupes and a kind RNG.
Also, I've cashed in more than 20 rare gunner souls at this point and have gotten nothing. Ouch.... Just ouch. I mean I'm sure I'll get something cool, but wow this is painful especially considering the amount of 3 star purple Evo shards this game gives you and 3 star Evo runes. (I think I'm working on my third stack) :/
But, those are some of the very best characters and the rarest.

Edit: given the RNG in his game, I feel like to get a particular character (cyborg), it's not out of the realm of possibility to go through a few hundred rare gunner souls. Reality hurts. I've got 267 3 star purple Evo runes, what am I going to do with them? :'(

i think that gunner/assassin characters should drop from rare souls too. the gunner rare souls are way too expensive imo and we need the points for skillshards. so maybe there should be another way to get them. maybe the could also drop in the dungeon from time to time, where the other rare souls drop.

btw: you are assuming that the 10% premium droprate will give you every time another rare character. in reality you wil get many dupes, so i guess maybe 1000 rare gunner souls should be realistic to get you every possible gunner/assassin character.
#notinthislifetime