PDA

View Full Version : Team Picking Help

Kardas
10-07-2016, 07:53 AM
Hey everyone,

It's been some time since I finished Underworld Madness, and I've been itching to make a proper skill shard maxed endgame team.

Since Pharaoh Dog King is still my only 5*, I wanted to make a magic using team.
Team will look like:
- Pharaoh Dog King: nice lil' debuff when attacking, and the all important Magic Charge. Already has all skill shards maxed.
- Magus Allied Soldier: self explanatory. Plus good PDK synergy. Already has all skill shards maxed.
- Assassin Possessed Mine: so I have something in case I meet a lot of Sentinels. Plus he's got a nice heal.
- Mummy/Speed of Light Eddie.

I have two choices for Eddie: Mummy or Speed of Light (still don't have Carriage Rider). Which one should I take here? Both are on the support end of things, but Mummy can take hits for an otherwise somewhat fragile team. Or is there any other good character that I could plop on here?

OR I could do something radically different: a burny team! See, while I was drafting some character threads, I thought up this composition:
- Wicker Man Eddie gives single target murder, and some nice AoE damage.
- Sentinel Allied Bomber Boy heals everyone, and gives AoE burns so Wicker Ed consumes them.
- Warrior Pyro Soldier gives more AoE Burns for Wicker Ed, decent damage and defensive buffs. Not to mention he'll get buffed in the upcoming update!
- Sentinel Soulless Demon makes sure people stay away from fragile Wicker Ed and Bomber Boy.

So should I do the magic team, or try the burny team? If magic, SoL or Mummy?

Many thanks for reading!

Nekroliun
10-07-2016, 10:33 AM
I never actually tryed to use burn effects, they dont seem reliable... maybe they are, but about the magus team... i'd say the team looks good, but i dont really know which eddie is best... ive seen many level mummy lately, idk why though... but i have had experience with an amazing speed of light eddie, hes a good all around charecter, but i think he needs a good tank to go with him... just ask The Educated Fool, im sure he would be willing to let you test out his SOL! He has a maxed out SOL, im sure that will help you determine which one is best!

Ringe666-7406
10-08-2016, 10:43 AM
And mind that bomber boy heals everyone BUT based on his CURRENT HP... I mean, ok, you will build him up to have, like, 40k HP but still, in same late phase of the battle that might prove to be useless...

If you want a burny team, let me suggest this (I would even do that on my own, but I lack chars): soldier Eddie, rocket dog (AOE hard af plus gives heal to all chars who deal physical damage), Wicker man (not Eddie, warrior, since he can deal decent damage and his passive grants enhanced attack) or some char with similar passive and physical damage, and angel of fear since he can give extra turn to a whole team... Mind that you can add pharaoh sun spirit somewhere in there, can hit good too, and his power move heals the whole team :)

Nekroliun
10-08-2016, 11:18 AM
And mind that bomber boy heals everyone BUT based on his CURRENT HP... I mean, ok, you will build him up to have, like, 40k HP but still, in same late phase of the battle that might prove to be useless...

If you want a burny team, let me suggest this (I would even do that on my own, but I lack chars): soldier Eddie, rocket dog (AOE hard af plus gives heal to all chars who deal physical damage), Wicker man (not Eddie, warrior, since he can deal decent damage and his passive grants enhanced attack) or some char with similar passive and physical damage, and angel of fear since he can give extra turn to a whole team... Mind that you can add pharaoh sun spirit somewhere in there, can hit good too, and his power move heals the whole team :)

1+ to the wickerman! He works great with a burny team!

BillLion
10-08-2016, 11:59 AM
Looks like you have a great team. I'd recommend Mummy Eddie over Speed of Light. Simply as you said -he'll be able to to take more damage along with the other fun stuff he brings to the team. When you pull a Carriage Rider it might be time to back to a magus Eddie :)

Nekroliun
10-08-2016, 12:14 PM
You could go soldier and fo an acrid smoke build... no nvm that idea...

Also i agree, mummy eddie is the way to go, he can stun, immunity, survive and has a decent attck

The Educated fool
10-08-2016, 09:48 PM
Go blue with Speed of Light, and put that puppy to best use! You'll never go back. :cool:

Kardas
10-09-2016, 06:02 PM
Judging from the responses from the thread, I'll stick with Mummy Eddie for a bit. I will rank SoL when I have the shards again though.

There's a lot of blues if I use SoL though The Educated Fool. Is that fine, or would you suggest I replace a character?

Thanks for the responses though!

Ringe666-7406
10-09-2016, 08:49 PM
Judging from the responses from the thread, I'll stick with Mummy Eddie for a bit. I will rank SoL when I have the shards again though.

There's a lot of blues if I use SoL though The Educated Fool. Is that fine, or would you suggest I replace a character?

Thanks for the responses though!

I upgraded both of them, SoL mostly just for two moves, but he is so freaking useful as a sidekick to me I cannot describe... And for the mummy I have great plans and tactics for the arena... Looking forward to max his talismans and skills

Ringe666-7406
10-16-2016, 11:41 PM
Whoa dude, that's one nice mummy you got now... Looking forward to using it tomorrow, can't wait :D I'm maxing one myself, just too bad talismans will be nerfed :/

Reeb99
10-17-2016, 01:55 AM
Speed of Light Eddie might actually be useful after the patch. The hard part is keeping him alive though to be honest. I actually used his steal buff skill to beat the beast easy once. It worked when it didn't actually steal the skill interestingly enough. Then I tried it again and he did steal the buff, but the beast changed classes anyway. Strange.

Kardas
10-17-2016, 12:18 PM
Yeah, Mummy got buffs but SoL got even more. Will be very interesting.

Whoa dude, that's one nice mummy you got now... Looking forward to using it tomorrow, can't wait :D I'm maxing one myself, just too bad talismans will be nerfed :/

Thanks! I'm currently scrambling to get 3* evo runes and one more Mystical Energy Talisman so he's still at his full potential once I get hit with Schrodinger's Update

Ringe666-7406
10-17-2016, 12:27 PM
Tested it few hours ago, was impressed \m/

Esquatcho
10-17-2016, 01:24 PM
The sticky mummy thread has some nice tips from vaseodin. Also, I hear the sentinel soulless demon is gun when maxed out with health talismans. Very nice man!

Esquatcho
10-17-2016, 01:30 PM
Oh and to answer your 1st question, I'd say the magic team. Though, not convinced about the mine. Do you have a PSS?

Ringe666-7406
10-17-2016, 01:48 PM
The sticky mummy thread has some nice tips from vaseodin. Also, I hear the sentinel soulless demon is gun when maxed out with health talismans. Very nice man!

We will see about it when nerfs on talismans become active... Much less HP, so I keep thinking about four overwhelmings for defence, against reds, and one ward for magic, since all will have same HP then...