PDA

View Full Version : Green Soulless Demon vs. Red Troll

OpticSugar
10-11-2016, 02:42 PM
The time has come once again to elevate one of my characters to 5*'s. Any advice on who it should be? I've been leaning towards my Sentinel Soulless Demon (based on some recent discussions about him), but I have also heard good things about the Warrior Troll and Gunner Golden Son. Any last minute advice before I pull the trigger?

Baba-8301
10-11-2016, 02:51 PM
I use the troll when autoing rifts as the passive shield helps the AI. I use the demon a fair bit too, decent AOE damage and quite amusing with some vanish talismans when he taunts something then disappears.

Short version: Troll if you aim to auto play more. Demon if you prefer to stay in control.

OpticSugar
10-11-2016, 02:59 PM
I use the troll when quoting rifts as the passive shield helps the AI. I use the demon a fair bit too, decent AOE damage and quite amusing with some vanish talismans when he taunts something then disappears.

Short version: Troll if you aim to auto play more. Demon if you prefer to stay in control.

solid advice...

MuadDib-7367
10-11-2016, 03:07 PM
I'd promote the character that is closest to having a max set of talisman placed on it. If you have 6 lvl 50 overwhelming health talisman laying around, then souless demon becomes nearly unkillable with 50k+ HP while dealing true damage and 55% chance to taunt (using skill shards).

slauki
10-11-2016, 04:05 PM
i love the troll but since he has three purple spots and i can't get the assassin talismans i want to put on him, i would choose another character.
it's not easy to upgrade three purple talismans anyway if you don't have the right chars...

The Educated fool
10-11-2016, 04:27 PM
Since I have both of these characters, and I literally have chosen one to evolve over the other, I guess I have to say Sentinel Soulless Demon (though God alone knows when I'll be able to turn him 5*).

Side note: I imagine that it's the fabled Barrier Assassin Talismans you're holding out for, slauki, and I'm curious: what makes the Magic Resistance that much better than the Defense the Shield Assassin Talismans would give you? I've always considered those to be reasonably throwaway stats, as stats in this game go...

slauki
10-11-2016, 04:36 PM
Since I have both of these characters, and I literally have chosen one to evolve over the other, I guess I have to say Sentinel Soulless Demon (though God alone knows when I'll be able to turn him 5*).

Side note: I imagine that it's the fabled Barrier Assassin Talismans you're holding out for, slauki, and I'm curious: what makes the Magic Resistance that much better than the Defense the Shield Assassin Talismans would give you? I've always considered those to be reasonably throwaway stats, as stats in this game go...

the troll deals true damage, so you need to push the attack and magic stats.

when you now check the effect of the assassin talismans that i meant, you will find, that they fit perfect with true damage dealers

OpticSugar
10-11-2016, 04:45 PM
the troll deals true damage, so you need to push the attack and magic stats.

when you now check the effect of the assassin talismans that i meant, you will find, that they fit perfect with true damage dealers

and is barrier the best type of assassin talisman? And if so, why? I have a set of shield assassin talismans (two max 50 and one lvl 40) wasting away on my lvl 100 assassin Axis Bomber Boy (which I kinda wish that I didn't upgrade to 5*, but I've been going with him). Are the shield type comparable?

The Educated fool
10-11-2016, 04:48 PM
Don't the Shield Assassin Talismans do the same thing, or pretty close, though? "ATK x Magic" sounds too similar to me to justify the rarity and coveted nature of these talismans (but then again, for all I know they give an additional 20000 damage per enemy--lol). I'd love to see these two sets' damages go head to head sometime... I'm guessing by 2044 or so, when someone actually gets them. :cool:

slauki
10-11-2016, 05:13 PM
Don't the Shield Assassin Talismans do the same thing, or pretty close, though? "ATK x Magic" sounds too similar to me to justify the rarity and coveted nature of these talismans (but then again, for all I know they give an additional 20000 damage per enemy--lol). I'd love to see these two sets' damages go head to head sometime... I'm guessing by 2044 or so, when someone actually gets them. :cool:

okay, sorry maybe i understood your post in a wrong way.
if shield or barrier depends... if you like to push your magic resistance go with the barrier for the normal defense push go with the shield.
but you are right, the effect is the same, so both would be fine on the troll, but i have never ever seen one single assassin talisman. i hope they will fix the droprates by the end of the week.

The Educated fool
10-11-2016, 05:19 PM
Huh... I didn't realize the Shield ones were rare too. Happy hunting! :cool:

Vaseodin
10-11-2016, 05:56 PM
I vote soulless demon. He is a beast!

OpticSugar
10-11-2016, 06:03 PM
Nice, well I have myself a set of (almost entirely) maxxed out assassin talismans...

This is a hard decision! I might end up going with the Demon though... I'll have to tally up my talismans and see who I'm ready to outfit.

MetalWarrior
10-11-2016, 06:17 PM
well,i can't advise OP,cause i don't even remember which one is Red troll,a screenshot would be helpful :p
btw,i need even easier advise,which one to level up Green or purple Soul less demon?

Aristo4
10-11-2016, 06:18 PM
well,i can't advise OP,cause i don't even remember which one is Red troll,a screenshot would be helpful :p
btw,i need even easier advise,which one to level up Green or purple Soul less demon?

Definitely the green one, I find the purple the worst of all demons.

The Educated fool
10-11-2016, 06:22 PM

Same here... after seeing how good the Sentinel was, I leveled one to 80... and was very disappointed.

Aristo4
10-11-2016, 06:27 PM
Same here... after seeing how good the Sentinel was, I leveled one to 80... and was very disappointed.
Maybe you intended to have another meaning with this post :p

MuadDib-7367
10-11-2016, 06:28 PM

Agreed. Purple one dies first round in every lvl 10 LOL battle. I've yet to find a purple character that adds anything of value (other than low HP and a quick death) to a team.

Aristo4
10-11-2016, 06:30 PM
Agreed. Purple one dies first round in every lvl 10 LOL battle. I've yet to find a purple character that adds anything of value (other than low HP and a quick death) to a team.

The assassin demon could have been of use, if the talisman slots weren't so weird.
Plus there are other magic buffers out there.

2 mandatory blue and 1 purple spots. Another not understandable dev decision to put a useless purple mandatory spot in a char that doesnt do true damage

The Educated fool
10-11-2016, 06:31 PM
Maybe you intended to have another meaning with this post :p

lol--It only becomes unclear out of context... with the quoted text, it makes sense. :p

To clarify though: After seeing how good the Sentinel Soulless Demon was, I leveled an Assassin Soulless Demon to 80, and was very disappointed. :cool:

Nekroliun
10-11-2016, 06:35 PM
Sentinel pretty much destroys all of the other demons... his damage can reach up to 9k, has taunt, aoe damage, has 50k hp... what more could you ask for...

MetalWarrior
10-11-2016, 06:50 PM

Looks like Green soulless demon has huge fan base, i can't find any dedicated thread for that character.
if there is one,please refer to that thread,and if there is none,someone have the honor to make one please.

here is my tribute of dancing demon for that thread :p

OpticSugar
10-11-2016, 06:51 PM
okay, so if I go with the Sentinel Soulless Demon, what should I do about talismans? I currently have 2 overwhelming Health and 3 overwhelming blind (all at level 40, but I can swap out some level 50 ones to get him jumpstarted). Should I be going all green (overwhelming)? Is it really worthwhile to only do health (three sets of 2)?

Aristo4
10-11-2016, 06:56 PM
Either all health overwhelming, or 3 health and 3 blind (to go with your 40% taunt). Both seem fine and even if you miss the bonus HP, you gonna have a ton of it anyway.

Nekroliun
10-11-2016, 06:57 PM
okay, so if I go with the Sentinel Soulless Demon, what should I do about talismans? I currently have 2 overwhelming Health and 3 overwhelming blind (all at level 40, but I can swap out some level 50 ones to get him jumpstarted). Should I be going all green (overwhelming)? Is it really worthwhile to only do health (three sets of 2)?

Just go health ALL HEALTH! One of my troopers had him with all health... he did 9k per hit...

MuadDib-7367
10-11-2016, 07:05 PM
His damage scales off of health. Health, health, and more health is all GSD needs.....

aur0ra85
10-11-2016, 07:07 PM
Green demon is better and more useful at this time. Troll is getting an AOE damage buff. I imagine the green demon will still be one of the top tanks after this update.

OpticSugar
10-11-2016, 07:16 PM
I just pulled the trigger on GSD... and he's now level 100. Thanks guys for helping me make this very hard decision. Now I'm just grinding away at his talismans. I have been preparing tons of Overwhelming Health talismans... so I can do all Health level 40 with one max 50... and I'll be grinding away at the other five.

Beast!

Olevipoeg
10-11-2016, 07:19 PM
I have both warrior troll and sentinel soulless demon. I can autoplay game of death madness when troll is in party. My one trooper is 5 star green soulless demon and he can't survive even circle of fire. I use maxed void set with my troll - very easy to get. Troll is not attacker, it is a protector.

BillLion
10-11-2016, 07:20 PM
I'll play the devil's advocate and go for warrior troll. Tons of great buffs including fury generation, shields, lowering defenses, etc. And you already have a set of assassin talismans so that's gold.

I'd recommend a set of 3 purple, a pair of guardian fierce and a sentinel talisman just to give him a health boost.

I pushed my troll to 5*s and I love him (even as ugly as he is). However, this was recent so I pulled talismans from other characters and I still needed to get my assassin trio to 5*s if I can ever find some more 3* evo shards.

That said (though I don't have him) green soulless demon is a beast. If I had him and if 2 of my main characters weren't sentinels I'd level him for sure too.

BillLion
10-11-2016, 07:22 PM
Oops, I just saw you already leveled him -enjoy!

Drew said the troll is getting a buff, I'm pretty sure that's just the assassin troll. Warrior troll has no AOE damage.

OpticSugar
10-11-2016, 07:29 PM
It's funny, I recall that when I first joined this discussion forum, my champion was none other than the Green Soulless Demon (I remember bragging about his taunting abilities). I took him as far as level 80 and when I got my first 5 star character, I put him on the shelf never to revisit him...

...until now.

I do use the Alliance General and the Pharaoh Sun Spirit as well, so I'm not sure how that's going to work out. We will see.
Next upgrade will most likely be the red troll.

BillLion
10-11-2016, 07:43 PM
Sorry, Drew just reviewed the skill change sheet and you were correct-great news!

Nicko
10-12-2016, 03:13 AM
I have both warrior troll and sentinel soulless demon. I can autoplay game of death madness when troll is in party. My one trooper is 5 star green soulless demon and he can't survive even circle of fire. I use maxed void set with my troll - very easy to get. Troll is not attacker, it is a protector.

5* with no Talismans? :p

I have a trooper with a maxed out 5* GSD and he's a beast.

He's so good I decided to upgrade mine. But it's the talismans that are always the holdup...

Vaseodin
10-12-2016, 05:47 AM

Hmm. I run Casted Die on Madness on auto as my default and he never bites the dust. In fact, he finishes pretty will stacked with his health. Maybe the talismans you had on him weren't ideal, I don't know. But you're right the troll is a very good character as well. You can't go wrong either way.

Olevipoeg
10-12-2016, 08:39 AM
5* with no Talismans? :p

I have a trooper with a maxed out 5* GSD and he's a beast.

He's so good I decided to upgrade mine. But it's the talismans that are always the holdup...
Checked talismans. 6 maxed level 50 green overwhelming talisman. Maybe that green demon just doesn't fit my team.

tex-0775
10-12-2016, 10:13 AM
Inspired by a trooper i'm leveling a GSD with blind/overwhelming and invisibility/will talis. I don't get the full hp benefit, but it does happen (quite often actually) that all or combinations of effects trigger. Now i just need to max the skills, so in a couple of years i'll have him maxed \m/ o_O \m/

Baba-8301
10-12-2016, 12:18 PM
I'm running paralysis / invis for a similar impact. The fury generation is nice too.

Reeb99
10-12-2016, 11:48 PM
Wait, the green soulless demon is actually good? How high do the talismans need to be before it actually does damage?

aur0ra85
10-12-2016, 11:57 PM
5* level 50. He's a beast.

MuadDib-7367
10-13-2016, 12:37 PM
5* level 50. He's a beast.

Correction, he's a tanky beast ;)