PDA

View Full Version : Death Talismans

The Educated fool
10-12-2016, 12:32 AM
Just wondering if anyone out there has a maxed out set of these. I'm curious as to how often they trigger, and just what happens when they do...

MetalWarrior
10-12-2016, 12:48 AM
Just wondering if anyone out there has a maxed out set of these. I'm curious as to how often they trigger, and just what happens when they do...

I've never seen one,If i have to guess, they trigger only once in life time,and you know what happens when they do ;)

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/8b/dd/a1/8bdda19a8e698ca624534a1fde351397.gif

The Educated fool
10-12-2016, 02:00 AM
lol--Pop goes the weasel.

I do have a set, myself... just wonder if they're worth developing.

aur0ra85
10-12-2016, 02:06 AM
Not at this time, but I wouldn't sell them. Their mark skill costs a turn and 7? Power. That's all they do. Other characters do that for free and it's not a great skill to begin with. It's like the explosive shied, void shield, thorn shield, and cyclone shield; why would you ever want those shields which are damage specific, don't trigger enough, are only for one character (mostly), and cost lots of power when you can simply bring the blue allied cheese soldier, or bring the troll instead?

The Educated fool
10-12-2016, 02:36 AM
Ah... I've heard of the mark skill, but I've never seen it in action, so I can't visualize it. I do like the void effect (of the Void Talismans) though... although, I must admit, I didn't know that it used power. Guess I've just never noticed it because it doesn't trigger all that often.

aur0ra85
10-12-2016, 09:52 AM
Void is the good one of the passivr shields, but you don't have any control over when it triggers and who it shields. Whereas the blue cheese soldier
You get the best shield whenever you want.

The Educated fool
10-12-2016, 07:15 PM
Void is the good one of the passivr shields, but you don't have any control over when it triggers and who it shields. Whereas the blue cheese soldier
You get the best shield whenever you want.

Whenever you want, provided you're not in an LoL Dungeon trying to reflect revenge damage... aka the most logical place to use that skill in the entire game. :cool:

aur0ra85
10-12-2016, 10:15 PM
Whenever you want, provided you're not in an LoL Dungeon trying to reflect revenge damage... aka the most logical place to use that skill in the entire game. :cool:

They don't revenge me, they just die ;)

The Educated fool
10-13-2016, 10:39 PM
Same here, I must admit... but even so. :cool:

IceManFerrar
02-07-2017, 09:15 PM
Bumping this thread.

Are Death Talismans really all that useless? I have seen quite a few of my troopers with Assassin GS use the Death Talismans in conjunction with the Assassin (Shield or Barrier) ones.

Sidney
02-07-2017, 09:36 PM
I actually started building out a 3 set of these out of curiosity... hopefully they aren't total crap. Wouldn't be the first time I spent time and runes on a junk talisman...

Silentknight
02-07-2017, 09:50 PM

Yeah, I have a set,not maxed but 50,45,44. Deals true damage + apply 3 marks that do significant damage but don't feel they're worth 7pts & a turn.. same as the other high end talisman sets. Just tried em & they still work as advertised. Right now they're on a unsharded Warrior Axis Bomber Boy. Not sure if they'd do more damage if he was sharded tho. I'd imagine the initial true damage would increase only

Nine
02-23-2017, 09:44 PM
Can anybody confirm these are still dropping? I know they are supposed be available from secret locations and I know they are rare but I have been trying for months now to complete a set. At the moment I am still stuck with two I have since forever (I think from before the drops were relocated).

konstifik
02-24-2017, 06:46 AM
I've been getting them somewhat recently.

Nine
02-24-2017, 11:15 AM
I've been getting them somewhat recently.

Thank you! Do you by any chance know if it was from one of SL with longer waiting time or can they drop everywhere?

Lulero
05-20-2017, 07:22 PM
I had one from secret location, underword madness once. Now, after the skull quest update, seems to drop more often as I got 2 others since (2-3 days?).

Considering leveling a set, if only for collection. I do have some allies geared to steal energy for those kind of skills, but at 7 cost it better be significant still.

Will answer again here, if I do level them ad try them a bit to share my results. If someone else does it first, all the better.

blackbolt
05-20-2017, 07:48 PM
I have a maxed set, and another two set at level 1, I've got one today from a SL so, they are still dropping...the skill deals a little true damage and applies 3 marks to all enemies. It means that every perfect attack will deal additional true damage for 3x12% of the enemy's health. It's really good on high health targets. In LOL X Gunner it's a lot of fun, i have it on my assassin bomber boy and It almost one shots the boss if I trigger it with my AOF...I don't know if it's a really viable set in PvP because of the high energy cost and the fact that needs to be triggered by someone else's perfect attack...also if I remember correctly immunity prevents marks to be applied...if you wanna try it, I still have a free trooper spot on my list, just ask me to change my champ..

Cheers

The Educated fool
06-14-2017, 01:37 AM
In the (very long) time since i posted this thread, i have maxed and experimented with a set of these talismans, and I have enjoyed using them. I found that they work very nicely on Prisoner... but with him on my defense team these days, he is no longer built that way. :cool: Still, for anyone who isn't using Prisoner in the Arena, Death talis on him give him a way to affect all enemies without impacting much on his damage, and combined with a good AoE hitter to trigger them (like say, from a Golden Son... ) it can be a kick watching the waves explode. lol I would call Death Talismans more of a novelty than anything else, at this point... but there are worse talismans out there. :cool:

IceManFerrar
06-14-2017, 03:59 AM
Thanks for that info, mate. So is it equivalent to the marks which Assasin Harpy applies as her passive, or which Wrath applies as part of his Power skill?

Kardas
06-14-2017, 09:11 AM
Thanks for that info, mate. So is it equivalent to the marks which Assasin Harpy applies as her passive, or which Wrath applies as part of his Power skill?

It's pretty similar to Wrath's Power Move. The Talisman skill costs 7 PWR, while Wrath's costs 6, but they do mostly the same thing (applying up to 3 Marks) and scale off the same stats. The other notable difference is of course that the damage of Wrath's move can be increased via skill shards.

IceManFerrar
06-14-2017, 03:32 PM
Got it, thanks Kardas. So not worth for me to level-up any death Talismans, given that I have my Wrath! :)

Mariner-1212
06-14-2017, 07:45 PM
I've gotten spoiled from Shaman Eddie with the marking, so I was excited to power these up to give another character the ability. I think they're best used on the tank sentinels; the toons that are going to take a ton of hits but not really send out much damage. Sentinels that absorbs hits and gives off weak damage, paired up with heavy-hitters... like maybe that undead rescuer that will mark the opponents, and then a warrior rocket dog that will consume all of the marks. And when possible, use a character with the energy-stealing talismans, so you can charge up to the 7 fast enough to make it worthwhile.

Just a possible approach.

Kardas
06-14-2017, 10:01 PM
I've gotten spoiled from Shaman Eddie with the marking, so I was excited to power these up to give another character the ability. I think they're best used on the tank sentinels; the toons that are going to take a ton of hits but not really send out much damage. Sentinels that absorbs hits and gives off weak damage, paired up with heavy-hitters... like maybe that undead rescuer that will mark the opponents, and then a warrior rocket dog that will consume all of the marks. And when possible, use a character with the energy-stealing talismans, so you can charge up to the 7 fast enough to make it worthwhile.

Just a possible approach.

That sounds like an interesting idea in theory (Sentinel true damagers such as Soulless Demon and Corrupt Droid, among others, would probably benefit most), but I'm not sure if you can acquire 7PWR in a PVP match that easily. I use Navigator and his Dead Reckoning (6PWR) a fair bunch in PVP, and it feels like there's a 50/50 chance whether I have 6 or 5 PWR when I go second. You'd need to be fairly lucky with your Energy Talismans if you want to pull that off.

Of course in PVE it's a completely different story, considering you start out with 6PWR there (if you're leveled high enough). But still, the Axis Bomber Boys (or Wrath) are probably a better pick for Marking shenanigans.

EDIT: I have been informed that I was confused with the 50/50 chance. Apparently you should have 5 PWR going first on turn 2, and 6 if going second on turn 1.

Mariner-1212
06-14-2017, 10:15 PM
... I'm not sure if you can acquire 7PWR in a PVP match that easily....feels like there's a 50/50 chance whether I have 6 or 5 PWR when I go second
Yeah, good point. I have the energy on my PDK, and when I go second I always have 6 (I like going second so my MCR can use his freeze which is 6)... but with a 7, you'd probably have to use that char first and hope he gets you the extra one.

But still, the Axis Bomber Boys (or Wrath) are probably a better pick for Marking shenanigans.
Without a doubt. Shaman Eddie as well. I wonder if these talismans make more sense to use on supporting cast (or the above mentioned characters) when you have a Vampire Hunter or Rainmaker, since their moves involve the marks more? Probably some clever strategy that can be applied in there. But I'm not going to look for it!