PDA

View Full Version : Scrapping the Blue Cheese (Allied Soldier)

FlyingV
10-12-2016, 04:07 PM
At least 4 crashes in warrior LOL X timeline... I finally had enough with this BS. I dropped him harvested what Talismans I could use on his replacement and am running all sentinel toons now. Fortunately I managed to 5* evolve my Soulless Demon just in time, but this is ridiculous.

Zero crashes since, which accounts for another 1-2 full sands of times runs in Warrior and another 2 in Magus yesterday/today.

:mad: now the pressure is on for TWO toons for when/where sentinels won't cut it, with only five 3* evo shards in the bank. :mad:

Demoonchild
10-12-2016, 04:34 PM
I've never used the all loved AS. Just leveled one to 4* for testing purposes and not counting the shield, he's useless... So I find out that people doesnt love him, people love's the f'n shield. (Maybe this shield is the answer to f'n Visions Eddie lack of love) :p

BillLion
10-12-2016, 04:34 PM
Well, good time to ease off your dependence on him before he gets hit by the Nerf gun imminently.

I benched mine for now and have found some new fun combos. Good luck putting your new all-star cast together!

Nekroliun
10-12-2016, 04:40 PM
I've never used the all loved AS. Just leveled one to 4* for testing purposes and not counting the shield, he's useless... So I find out that people doesnt love him, people love's the f'n shield. (Maybe this shield is the answer to f'n Visions Eddie lack of love) :p

Great idea, give visions a reflect all, explosive all and a cyclone all! I think thats kinda fair, its still pretty weak, needs immunity

Also... i can relate, never used the soldier!

MuadDib-7367
10-12-2016, 04:44 PM
Allied soldier goes from being a superior mid-game character to a rather meh end game character. Once you have your team fully geared with talisman, taking a hit or two doesn't faze you so better to sub out allied solider for a hitter or healer. However, trying to clear Underworld madness would be tough without him unless you have massive RNG 'skill' in the Book of Souls.

Eagleknight
10-12-2016, 04:51 PM
I never used the allied soldier. For rift blue X my standard team is Pharaoh Eddie for boss (soldier Eddie to get to boss) nomad, red rocket dog, and pharaoh sun spirit. I can sub the nomad with any hard hitting toon. There are many was to byif a good team it's all trial and error.

FlyingV
10-12-2016, 04:56 PM
I never used the allied soldier. For rift blue X my standard team is Pharaoh Eddie for boss (soldier Eddie to get to boss) nomad, red rocket dog, and pharaoh sun spirit. I can sub the nomad with any hard hitting toon. There are many was to byif a good team it's all trial and error.

This is true, but 3* evo shards are a luxury these days that precludes much experimentation.

Looks like PSS and Assassin Artillery Dog are next on the development list

FlyingV
10-12-2016, 04:58 PM

Shield aside, he's a Magus AoE fighter... Handy with a set of 5* freeze talons.

BillLion
10-12-2016, 04:59 PM
This is true, but 3* evo shards are a luxury these days that precludes much experimentation.

Looks like PSS and Assassin Artillery Dog are next on the development list

The assassin artillery dog won't let you down. He's become part of my core team over the past couple weeks.

Eagleknight
10-12-2016, 05:04 PM
When you use your 50 troopers each day Where do you use them? I use all my low
Lvl support troopers in madness shadow of the wickerman (just to use them cheap and fast) then I use all trooper eddies and good support troopers in the highest lvl rift. I do this to maximize the amount of 3* for leveling toons. Also it allows me to see how other toons preform on a difficult area.

Demoonchild
10-12-2016, 05:17 PM
Shield aside, he's a Magus AoE fighter... Handy with a set of 5* freeze talons.

Wickerdog queen, Magus Golden Son, Paraoh water spirit, and soooo there are plenty Magus AOE in game....

FlyingV
10-12-2016, 05:25 PM
When you use your 50 troopers each day Where do you use them? I use all my low
Lvl support troopers in madness shadow of the wickerman (just to use them cheap and fast) then I use all trooper eddies and good support troopers in the highest lvl rift. I do this to maximize the amount of 3* for leveling toons. Also it allows me to see how other toons preform on a difficult area.

My minority collection of Eddie troopers are used to sit idly by as I farm the secret locations with my existing team.

All other troopers are used for Time Warp LOL X missions unless the missions are offline, in which case, I farm for whatever is needed on madness level.

I have no low-level troopers. All are 5* level 100 or they get the axe. I had two 5* troopers that were Level 80-88 for a few weeks, but I got sick of their refusal to make their champion a better ally for me and I recently purged them. Any ambitious player can turn a fresh 5* to level 100 in the matter of hours. Any average player who is sensible enough to keep should have no problem doing it within 3 days. Anything else shows infrequent play/lack of knowledge that all but ensures they aren't using my trooper to the fullest and giving his/her spot another player would bring me more badges.

aur0ra85
10-12-2016, 10:04 PM
I ditched the blue cheese shortly after upgrading him to five stars. He's a fantastic character, and I've got 4 or 5 guys from back in the early days on my troopers list who maxed his skills. His hits are ludicrous lol. Absurd damage, and the shield is fantastic. He does not need freeze talismans as his shield negates damage that disabling would have negated. I'd go full damage on him.
Why did I ditch him? He's not great on auto battle ->at least with my builds, and he's squishy without the shield.
Even after the nerfs, I feel like a player doing their first run through of number of the beast on madness will likely require this character ->he's a bread and butter toon that everyone has access to fairly early in the game, and he can be slotted into most parties.

Aristo4
10-12-2016, 10:14 PM
Mine gets used sometimes, only cause I got only 2 other magus 5*, to go for a full magus team. Mostly preferring the undead hunter over blue cheese though. And when I do use him, I don't think I pressed the shield button for 2 months now.

He's a great damager if built right, will still help new players everywhere. He's going further down on my team though now that I'm about to upgrade a wickerdog queen.

FlyingV
10-12-2016, 10:49 PM
Wickerdog queen, Magus Golden Son, Paraoh water spirit, and soooo there are plenty Magus AOE in game....

Very true... Although I hear WDQ isn't that spectacular past 4* either. Maybe that's the way of the AoEs outside of one with a particularly quirky or useful power attack.

Arcturus
10-13-2016, 12:01 AM
I'm looking to drop my soldier, but he is damn useful for the rifts. But I'm having trouble upgrading the talismans to get another guy who is as useful. Even after the nerf, he's still going to be pretty helpful.

Esquatcho
10-13-2016, 12:56 PM
At least 4 crashes in warrior LOL X timeline... I finally had enough with this BS.

If you have other toons, we'll I guess it doesnt matter. But the issue in dungeons for me is shield + revenge related only. Depending on which dungeon, I just like his big hitting AoE magic. As long as you I dont put the shield up, I dont get the crash. Just checking, but did you get the crashes only in the 'X of lights' that have revenge?

Nicko
10-14-2016, 02:44 AM
A maxed Blue Allied Soldier hits harder than a maxed Corrupt General and has the reflect shield to boot

Crazy good character. Sucks you're getting the crashes