PDA

View Full Version : Kaijester’s Guide to Uncommon/Rare Talisman & their effects

Kaijester
07-14-2016, 03:43 AM
As I have proceed quite a fair bit in this game, I will like to share my findings & opinion on the uncommon or rare Talisman that I’ve collected.
Note that below are all passive traits unless otherwise stated with powers.

2 Sets Talisman
Penetrating Talisman (Magic Penetration)- 35% Chance to ignore MR on Perfect Attacks
This grant higher magical damage occasionally on foes of higher level, in that sense is better than Magic +20% of MR.

Piercing Talisman (Armor Piercing) - 35% Chance to gain Ignore DEF on Perfect Attacks
Same as Penetration but for high DEF foes instead.

Ascension Talisman – Increase Magic by 1% of HP
1% of 10k HP is only +100 and it only consider your base HP.

Crystal Talisman – Increase MR by 1% of HP
Have not met a magic attack that require me to increase my MR. Even if there is any, I will rather bet on other MR increase Talisman.

Burn Talisman – 35% Chance to apply Physical Burn on Perfect Attacks
Fun for a bit but not worth replacing the Strength increase for better physical attacks.

Shock Talisman – 35% to apply Shock on Perfect Attacks
Same as Burn Talisman except deal magic damage over time

3 Sets Talisman
Blind Talisman – 35% Chance to Blind target on Perfect Attacks
Tested with ally that hit all enemies with basic attack. Low chance to get the effect stick on the enemy, and even lower for them to miss even when blinded. Tried two rounds of battle and only one enemy with one miss on me.

Death Talisman – Grant Death Mark Skill to wearer
Death Mark Skill (7 powers): Deals true damage to all enemies based on ATK & apply up to 3 marks. Perfect hits consume marks and deal extra true damage per mark on the target
You use a turn to apply this skill which takes 7 powers to use, deal a weaker attack on all enemies, and spend another turn to hit perfect to deal a little more damage. Too much sacrifice on stats, powers and turns make this skill unattractive.

Explosive Talisman: Grants Explosive Shield Skill to wearer
Explosive Shield (6 powers): Creates a shield that absorbs 50% of all damage and returns it as True damage while applying a Flare status to all enemies
This skill only apply to wearer and takes a turn, not that attractive to me.

Cyclone Talisman: Grants Cyclone Shield Skill to wearer
Cyclone Shield (5 powers): Creates a shield that absorbs 50% of all magic damage and return it as True damage based on your HP
Will work better if the shield is for all allies and absorbs all damage instead of magic damage.

Thorn Talisman – 45% Chance to gain Thorn Shield on Perfect Attacks, Thorn Shield reflect 50% of all physical damage for 1 turn
Works better than other shield as this is a passive shield but will work better if for all allies.

Invisibility Talisman – 35% Chance to Vanish on Perfect Attacks
Activated twice in a single battle, and none on another battle. Too unreliable but Vanish is a powerful skill.

Energy Talisman – 45% Chance to steal Power on Perfect Attacks
Not bad, wish it takes only 2 sets to work.

Void Talisman – 35% Chance to trigger Void Shield on all allies on Perfect Attacks
Void shield reduce physical and magic damage and return as true damage to each attacker at end of their turn. Estimated at 20%. True damage is not affected by this shield. And it randomly apply to ally or allies.

Thief Talisman - 35% Chance to steal Fury meter from target on Perfect Attacks
This would be extremely helpful to clear Garden of Aset which the winged boss keep reviving and full heal with her Special move.
I had a hard time clearing that mission by using basic moves only and wish I had these Talisman earlier.

Vampiric Talisman - 45% Chance to gain Lifesteal status on Perfect Attacks
Got 3 of these from 1st completion of Hard mode: LightBringer. This Talisman is not even listed in the drop info!

Paralysis Tailsman - 12% Chance to Stun on Perfect Attacks
Definitely a useful passive trait but the nerf bat reduced it to meh.

Freezing Talisman - 35% Chance to Freeze the target and apply Magic Burn for 1 turn
Tried for a couple of battles and the effect happen rarely despite I uses a ally that hit all.

Guard Talisman - 45% Chance to raise DEF by 50% on Perfect Attacks.
Good for tanker Sentinels.

Talisman that I am still trying to collect:

Comet Talisman
Meteor Talisman

Kulimar
07-14-2016, 05:07 AM
As far as I have seen, the [stat]x[stat] talisman are actually stronger than the default stat sets IF you build 3 sets, as the sets stack. They also seem to be good for specific units, like Assassins that scale of both ATK and MAGIC, for instance. Not sure if you've experienced the same thing.

Good thread BTW, consider posting it on the lotb reddit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/LegacyoftheBeast/

Kaijester
07-14-2016, 05:27 AM
Indeed, but those are applicable only to Assassins character as I will always need Health Talisman to last in a high level battle.

Hellrider
07-14-2016, 06:39 AM
Great post, thanks. I think this should be in the Guides and Tips category.

Kaijester
07-14-2016, 07:37 AM
Great post, thanks. I think this should be in the Guides and Tips category.

You are right...hmmm. How do I move this to Guides & Tips?

Hellrider
07-14-2016, 10:53 AM
I think only moderators can do that.

Lamia
07-16-2016, 12:13 AM
Stickied. I will also try to update it with images of the talismans when I can (no promises). Thanks Kaijester!

KedhranX
07-17-2016, 02:27 AM
Hello,
for the Freezing Talisman. Recently got the third one and its 35% chance to freeze enemies for 1 turn and apply magic burn for 1 turn.

Honestly i tested it for like an hour and IMO definitely not worth it. It is too unreliable and i havent seen the freeze effect much (sometimes not even once during the whole battle).

Hope this helps.

Kulimar
07-17-2016, 08:23 AM
Best Talisman I've encountered so far is the Comet Talisman Set. It's a very high chance to AOE freeze the enemy team. If you have Soldier Eddie you can get the energy to use it on the first turn, with a bit of luck. It also does decent damage on a high magic damage unit:

Kaijester
07-17-2016, 08:52 AM
Where did you get Comet Talisman?

Kulimar
07-17-2016, 06:08 PM
It came with the founders pack. Not sure where to get it in the game. Probably a late game item in secret locations, as it's really good.

Kaijester
07-17-2016, 08:15 PM
It came with the founders pack. Not sure where to get it in the game. Probably a late game item in secret locations, as it's really good.

I see, thanks!

Beeboo
07-25-2016, 08:26 AM
Iron Talisman (Fierce) MAX. 50
HP 1632
ATK 696
DEF 163

Guardian Talisman (Safeguard) MAX 50
HP 1142
ATK 451
M.Resist 114

Rush Talisman (Will) MAX 50
HP 3029
ATK 114
Special 114

Kaijester
07-25-2016, 08:59 AM
Iron Talisman (Fierce) MAX. 50
HP 1632
ATK 696
DEF 163

Guardian Talisman (Safeguard) MAX 50
HP 1142
ATK 451
M.Resist 114

Rush Talisman (Will) MAX 50
HP 3029
ATK 114
Special 114

Good Idea BeeBoo, I wil start a thread to collect LV50 Talisman stats.

Beeboo
07-25-2016, 03:39 PM
Good to know what some Talismans max before spending all that gold..

HolySatan
07-28-2016, 02:55 PM
I have been trying out the blind talisman on my sentinel soulless demon. Realised even though his skill is AoE but the blind will only affect the main target and not all enemies. Is this the same for the other talismans like freeze, shock, stun, etc?

SARGERAS
07-28-2016, 03:48 PM
I have been trying out the blind talisman on my sentinel soulless demon. Realised even though his skill is AoE but the blind will only affect the main target and not all enemies. Is this the same for the other talismans like freeze, shock, stun, etc?

Yes, so choose nicely :P

Kulimar
07-28-2016, 03:49 PM
This issue is going to be fixed in a future update, from what I've been told. All the augments will apply on aoe attacks to all enemy units. Been looking forward to trying out freezing talisman on a soulless demon :D

aur0ra85
07-30-2016, 12:19 PM
I can confirm 3 vampiric talismans on the quest bringer of light (underworld secret location), upon completion on hard mode. Sounds like a legit first drop. Got a three star red evolution shard too and some misc.

Gonzo
07-30-2016, 02:07 PM
Wrong Thread :P

Funny y'all decided to talk about the Vampiric Talisman... I decided to level them up today.

Assassin (Best)

Vampiric /Barrier/

3 Set 45% to grant lifesteal status

HP: 1142
ATK: 342
Magic: 342
M. Resist: 114

sentinel_
08-02-2016, 11:26 AM
I want to talk about the FREEZING and BLIND talismans

Like KedhranX said the FREEZING talisman doesn’t worth. I have tested it triggers much less than it says.
It is supposed to trigger with a 35% (this should be 1 of each 3 times) and it happens 1 each 10 times or so.

On the other hand, you have the BLIND talisman. It really has a triggering of 35%. Also, as it is green, you can make your sentinel more useful.
(For me is not the same to lose attack/magic with your DPS character, than with the sentinel character, because this char is more for support than for deal damage)
Once a bad guy is blinded he will miss around 75% of its hits (3 each 4). Is true that a 100% would be better, but when you are playing at madness levels is very important to avoid as many attacks possible.
Another good thing of the blind is that it last for 2 rounds.
For me is a great talisman.

Bob.A.Smith-6226
08-07-2016, 04:04 AM
I had put the freeze talisman set on my Blue allied soldier almost every other attack froze someone. I had put the blind talisman set on Wickerman and it worked like it should

aur0ra85
08-08-2016, 05:42 PM
So, after testing the void, invisibility, and vampiric talisman today I have some thoughts to share:
The void shield appeared to reflect ALL damage, including true, it's not a bad passive but cannot be relied upon especially considering the HP of purple characters.
The vampiric talisman appeared to trigger at a much lower rate than 35%, I'm writing it off here and now, it's potentially the most powerful talisman in the game, works on about two different characters, and it's passive trigger rate is awful (if they buffed it to work 100% of the time it might be worth it, but the only characters I See it working on are vampire hunter Eddie and the mummy dog, there might be more). Remember this talisman is not a heal shield (which would be better), you actually have to get a perfect attack, have it trigger 10% of the time (or whatever the obscenely low rate is), and then you have to do physical damage for it to heal your character (and the effect only lasts one turn and Potentially zero turns if the enemy has a blue bat. Maybe if they buffed the vampiric to trigger at 50% on all party members and lasted two turns it would be a solid talisman. Tbh, the vampiric is an immense disappointment.
The invisibility talisman doesn't trigger enough, maybe if it worked for the whole party and triggered a legit 35% of the time, but I'm using it on a purple harpy and she's so squishy that it needs to work most of the time to be worth it. I tried the purple harpy with both the void shield and invisibility equipped, 70% of the time She should either be invisible or have a shield and that's simply not the case.

Vaseodin
08-08-2016, 07:36 PM
I want to talk about the FREEZING and BLIND talismans

Like KedhranX said the FREEZING talisman doesn’t worth. I have tested it triggers much less than it says.
It is supposed to trigger with a 35% (this should be 1 of each 3 times) and it happens 1 each 10 times or so.

On the other hand, you have the BLIND talisman. It really has a triggering of 35%. Also, as it is green, you can make your sentinel more useful.
(For me is not the same to lose attack/magic with your DPS character, than with the sentinel character, because this char is more for support than for deal damage)
Once a bad guy is blinded he will miss around 75% of its hits (3 each 4). Is true that a 100% would be better, but when you are playing at madness levels is very important to avoid as many attacks possible.
Another good thing of the blind is that it last for 2 rounds.
For me is a great talisman.

Yeah sometimes RNG can be a son of a mother. Try playing Blackjack for a living exclusively for 4 months... Anyway it is 35 percent, but that doesn't mean 1 in 3. You may have it trigger 10 out of 10 timess and then not trigger at all for 20 battles. Each proc is independent from the last, so just because it didn't proc the first round doesn't mean your chances improve the next round. I hope I am being clear on this. I can explain further but may be very mathematical.

I guess the best way to look at it is to flip a coin 10 times and pick heads. You have a 50% chance of getting heads, but you might just get heads in 1 toss out of 10. You need a very large sample size to get accurate results.

As far as vampire talismans go, I find them very useful for any assassin character that does both magic and physical damage. It works just fine for me and keeps my purple mine alive every fight.

maxdeviations
08-19-2016, 04:46 PM
where can i find the vampire talisman ?

Vaseodin
08-19-2016, 04:59 PM
It's a gift given at the end of the bonus stage "light bringer". I believe in Underworld Hard. You get the set of 3.

goochklok
08-22-2016, 09:55 PM
Not sure if they changed that in the recent update but i've used freeze and blind talismans with AOE characters and they usually apply the affect to the whole enemy team. Blind works about 50% of the time for me and freeze I would say around 30% I've also got one of my freeze sets on my Gunner Bomber Boy so class doesn't seem to effect the chance of success.

Gonzo
08-22-2016, 10:17 PM
Not sure if they changed that in the recent update but i've used freeze and blind talismans with AOE characters and they usually apply the affect to the whole enemy team. Blind works about 50% of the time for me and freeze I would say around 30% I've also got one of my freeze sets on my Gunner Bomber Boy so class doesn't seem to effect the chance of success.

I'm pretty sure they never applied statuses to the whole team... They shouldn't... that would be too OP

DIEDD
08-22-2016, 10:48 PM
were can i find the piercing talisman?

Gonzo
08-22-2016, 11:12 PM
Battlefield IIRC.

I don't know if they actually work... but they are amazing :P

DIEDD
08-22-2016, 11:40 PM
Thanks! they do not work!? why?

kdminhquan
10-04-2016, 06:02 AM

Nekroliun
10-04-2016, 12:10 PM

I got 3 from the underworld hard secret location, ive read that many others also got 3 in one go so it shouldnt be that hard...

Rygone
10-17-2016, 11:52 PM
Wow, the Paralysis Tailsman is crap now :/

Kaijester
10-18-2016, 01:23 AM
Wow, the Paralysis Tailsman is crap now :/

Just like how Corrupted Sergent will be. Yes I've demoted him.

blade685
10-19-2016, 09:34 AM
corrupted sergent????

Adrea
10-19-2016, 10:31 AM
I have 3 lvl 50 talisman's after october update
regards

Esquatcho
10-19-2016, 10:37 AM
So the question is, ~3400 HP worth ~340 of attack or magic? Im undecided...

Adrea
10-20-2016, 10:11 AM
2 of hp and 4 magic/attack :P best combo :P