PDA

View Full Version : Giving troopers the axe.

FlyingV
10-12-2016, 05:15 PM
Mine is pretty straightforward:

No activity for 3 days... Bye bye.

If your new 5* champion is stuck at level 88 for days on end, gone.

If you change your champion from Allied General to say... Soldier Eddie, next.

Are there any conditions or characters that compels you to update your trooper list?

Nekroliun
10-12-2016, 05:21 PM
I like to add troopers who use unique chars, like one guy who i found that used the prisoner, or one guy who used an assassin COTD...

But on kicking, i pretty much kick everyone who i dont like (and i like everyone)

Eagleknight
10-12-2016, 05:24 PM
I don't care how fast someone levels or what toon put up for champion ( I prefer a lvl one Eddie over a low lvl support toon). My one thing is be active, I mean I use all troopers every day (it only takes about 45 minutes). So, if a trooper is not on for 3 days I drop them. However, if I got a pm from a trooper saying they had game issues or they were going to be gone an extra day I would keep them. I have thought about moving from 3'days down to 2 but some people don't play on the weekend. What does everyone else think?

I do change my champion every once and a while but I make sure that is is 100'and max tailismans for skillshards they are sol.

MuadDib-7367
10-12-2016, 05:26 PM
3 days for me. I always accept add requests if I have a trooper I can bounce. I don't care about level or character as I can clear what I need to on auto. I just want the 25 badges per day per trooper. That's the one item you can't buy or grind.

Nekroliun
10-12-2016, 05:28 PM
I don't care how fast someone levels or what toon put up for champion ( I prefer a lvl one Eddie over a low lvl support toon). My one thing is be active, I mean I use all troopers every day (it only takes about 45 minutes). So, if a trooper is not on for 3 days I drop them. However, if I got a pm from a trooper saying they had game issues or they were going to be gone an extra day I would keep them. I have thought about moving from 3'days down to 2 but some people don't play on the weekend. What does everyone else think?

I do change my champion every once and a while but I make sure that is is 100'and max tailismans for skillshards they are sol.

Best troopers are troopers who keep rotating between maxed out chars... atleast thats how nekroliun sees it

FlyingV
10-12-2016, 05:38 PM
I don't care how fast someone levels or what toon put up for champion ( I prefer a lvl one Eddie over a low lvl support toon). My one thing is be active, I mean I use all troopers every day (it only takes about 45 minutes). So, if a trooper is not on for 3 days I drop them. However, if I got a pm from a trooper saying they had game issues or they were going to be gone an extra day I would keep them. I have thought about moving from 3'days down to 2 but some people don't play on the weekend. What does everyone else think?.

I Wish there was a better system for troopers, than the awful one in existence now. My game crashes... I log back on and find 75 badges from wrathchild333, tonyt434, and scoobysnax. Great... Who the hell is that? Which character? How active?

At minimum, I would like to see a bar or banner across all trooper icons that used and won me that day's 25 badges that resets daily. that way I know who is cutting it and who is not. It would be even better if it could show more, like no bar/banner = no use, black banner = attempted/failed, gold banner = succeeded/earned, and visiting the trooper's page showed stats of when (s)he became a trooper, how many badges (s)he earned me and badge activity this week.

I know there are other fish to fry with bugs, and this is asking a lot in terms of stability, but thr current system sucks and I believe is part of what causes crashes - I'd rather they eliminate updates of who just earned me badges with their dumb mis-matching facebook profile icons I can't keep track of.

Eagleknight
10-12-2016, 05:41 PM
Good idea. I just use days offline for now.

Nekroliun
10-12-2016, 05:46 PM
I Wish there was a better system for troopers, than the awful one in existence now. My game crashes... I log back on and find 75 badges from wrathchild333, tonyt434, and scoobysnax. Great... Who the hell is that? Which character? How active?

At minimum, I would like to see a bar or banner across all trooper icons that used and won me that day's 25 badges that resets daily. that way I know who is cutting it and who is not. It would be even better if it could show more, like no bar/banner = no use, black banner = attempted/failed, gold banner = succeeded/earned, and visiting the trooper's page showed stats of when (s)he became a trooper, how many badges (s)he earned me and badge activity this week.

I know there are other fish to fry with bugs, and this is asking a lot in terms of stability, but thr current system sucks and I believe is part of what causes crashes - I'd rather they eliminate updates of who just earned me badges with their dumb mis-matching facebook profile icons I can't keep track of.

Nekroliun disagrees, for personal selfishness, cuz he doesnt want to lose 72% of his troopers

Ringe666-7406
10-12-2016, 05:51 PM

Don't need that for me, I use yours every day, and I see you do the same :D

BillLion
10-12-2016, 06:15 PM
For me it's mostly days offline, usually 3 & beyond. Stinks because I recognize that some people go on vacation etc. and there's no in app communication tool to let your troopers know, but what are you gonna do?

I tend to also prefer accepting people with desired/exotic characters, but I won't cut a loyal trooper for one.

I'll also accept newbies happily if they use an eddie as their champ because it's all about the autoplay grind!

Funny, one day my fat fingers hit the crown on my pharaoh dog (with no talismans or boosts) but I didn't realize I until a couple days later when I investigated why I was losing 5 troopers per day :)

Nekroliun
10-12-2016, 06:34 PM
For me it's mostly days offline, usually 3 & beyond. Stinks because I recognize that some people go on vacation etc. and there's no in app communication tool to let your troopers know, but what are you gonna do?

I tend to also prefer accepting people with desired/exotic characters, but I won't cut a loyal trooper for one.

I'll also accept newbies happily if they use an eddie as their champ because it's all about the autoplay grind!

Funny, one day my fat fingers hit the crown on my pharaoh dog (with no talismans or boosts) but I didn't realize I until a couple days later when I investigated why I was losing 5 troopers per day :)

Poor bill losing troopers... so... are they dead?

Eagleknight
10-12-2016, 07:12 PM
Question do the still block you from adding a dropped trooper back?

Nekroliun
10-12-2016, 07:17 PM
Dunno wth that means but yes

The Educated fool
10-12-2016, 07:52 PM

I don't think so... when I added Tom, we had to delete and re-add each other twice before we each showed up on the other's trooper list (for some ungodly reason) but it worked in the end.

OT: I really agonise about dropping troopers, actually... I try to wait as long as I can, but if there are people in queue to try my character, yeah, 3 or 4 days is the cutoff. If there's no one with an active request to add me, I wait a week. I don't care how high their levels are, or who their champion is (it's nice when it's an Eddie, of course, but it's not a dealbreaker). I use every trooper every day though, so I do hope for the same in return... but a few days of lost badges is far from the end of the world. Life definitely happens (and it damn sure should!) :cool:

Eagleknight
10-12-2016, 08:03 PM
Life? What is this "life" you speak of?

Shifter
10-12-2016, 08:11 PM
I'm along the same lines as the Educated fool. When I get a request I see if there is anyone that hasn't played in a long time. Drop them and add the request, If everyone has played then the request is sadly ignored. Way I see it at least I get 25 points from the trooper, barring a game freeze, shutdown, or the occasional failure.

Oh yea i always play the trooper before dropping. extra 25 Points :)

MrMadMan
10-12-2016, 08:12 PM
Hmm, maybe it's time to check the activity on the troopers again...
Got one "stuck" at 3* lvl37 main Eddie :p
Tho I rather use that inactive toon for 25 badges than boot it and get none if no replacement around.

Anyways, got room for some more troopers, I play everyday and use all my troopers. 5* SE max talis as champ, hook me up if you want to
Schultz-2267

MuadDib-7367
10-12-2016, 08:26 PM
I've got 1 open spot if anyone wants a fully maxxed PSS.

MuadDib-7367

Ringe666-7406
10-12-2016, 08:42 PM
I don't think so... when I added Tom, we had to delete and re-add each other twice before we each showed up on the other's trooper list (for some ungodly reason) but it worked in the end.

OT: I really agonise about dropping troopers, actually... I try to wait as long as I can, but if there are people in queue to try my character, yeah, 3 or 4 days is the cutoff. If there's no one with an active request to add me, I wait a week. I don't care how high their levels are, or who their champion is (it's nice when it's an Eddie, of course, but it's not a dealbreaker). I use every trooper every day though, so I do hope for the same in return... but a few days of lost badges is far from the end of the world. Life definitely happens (and it damn sure should!) :cool:

Totally agree with you on the lower part :) As for the upper, try quitting the game and starting it again, worked out for me... Will you happen to have some empty slot soon? I have a couple of troopers that are always active, and yet I never see them in that pop-up window when I enter the game, so I think it is time for them to hit the road, plus I really like your SoL Eddie :P

The Educated fool
10-12-2016, 08:49 PM
I don't have any spots open at the moment, but I'll let you know if one comes up. :cool:

Aristo4
10-12-2016, 09:22 PM
Usually remove people after 3 days (unless I know the guy from here/vacations etc)
Also used to accept anyone/any level, whatever max character before I started being bombarded with 5 requests at least every day. Now my list can rarely change.

Ringe666-7406
10-12-2016, 09:38 PM
Usually remove people after 3 days (unless I know the guy from here/vacations etc)
Also used to accept anyone/any level, whatever max character before I started being bombarded with 5 requests at least every. Now my list can rarely change.

I had my (huge) spot of luck few days ago :P

aur0ra85
10-12-2016, 09:51 PM
Switching from an Eddie to a non max talisman support ally will often get you the boot from my list, as will becoming inactive for 2+ days. I'm pretty heartless with it I guess. :(
My rule of thumb: if your champion cannot survive level 10 of the rifts on auto, it shouldn't be there. Sorry. If it's a 2* Eddie and you're active, no problem.
I'll often cut slack if I don't have anyone on my request list. I will not add a request unless there is an open trooper spot (I won't delete someone to in order to add someone new).

BillLion
10-12-2016, 10:00 PM
Poor bill losing troopers... so... are they dead?

No sweat. It was about a month ago. Got my pharaoh eddie back as my champion and had no trouble replacing people. I don't blame people for dropping me in that situation -they had no way of knowing if that was the champ I was sticking with.

Reeb99
10-12-2016, 11:13 PM
More than 7 days for me, because I don't feel like going through the list unless I have to. Having a non-Eddie with no/weak talismans equipped is a pet peeve though, and I'm considering dropping a few because of it. I don't care if it is a rare 5* or not, no talismans = useless.

MetalWarrior
10-12-2016, 11:32 PM
10 days idle is the limit for me,i went 15 days for few who were active previously, sharing the weakest player of their team and no talisman will be replaced with someone else more generous, in no time.

no preference of level and unit in general

Ringe666-7406
10-13-2016, 08:43 AM
I still have a guy on my list who keeps his 4* basic Eddie with 4-5k HP although he has some 5* allies, but he uses my champion successfully every day so I just can't delete him. I use that Eddie on AK SL... And I remember keeping KhedranX for 50 days without playing because his COTD was soooooooooo powerful... It was when I asked Zamasu to swich his champion to COTD who had similar stats and add me, to remove this guy :D

Frost
10-13-2016, 02:17 PM
Whoever does not log for a day, maybe two... I do not care about the champion, just want the badges.

But I'm thinking of checking wheter the troopers are using my champion or not...

Ddrak
10-13-2016, 03:46 PM
I put the limit on 5 days, but I don't look everyday so it's sometimes longer.

LegoMech
10-13-2016, 04:51 PM
I think I'm finally at a point where most of my list logs in every day. I use all my troopers religiously each day and I hope they do the same - I usually have a few hundred badges a day so I'm sure most of them do. I do clear out anyway who hasn't logged in for 4 days but that's rare.

I also wish I had a better character to offer, but I don't right now.

The only Tropper I am making an exception for is a level 100 Cyborg Eddie - they haven't played in a week but I enjoy that character too much to drop them.

Bryan-3528
10-13-2016, 04:52 PM
Whoever does not log for a day, maybe two... I do not care about the champion, just want the badges.

But I'm thinking of checking wheter the troopers are using my champion or not...

i've been contemplating this too. i've noticed a portion of my troopers (that are active, and not locked out of the game, etc) do not seem to be using mine and thus are not reciprocating the sending of trooper badges.

MuadDib-7367
10-13-2016, 05:30 PM
i've been contemplating this too. i've noticed a portion of my troopers (that are active, and not locked out of the game, etc) do not seem to be using mine and thus are not reciprocating the sending of trooper badges.

What trooper are you using? If not an Eddie, throw in any eddie and you should see an increase in usage. It's easy to auto grind Eddie troopers.

slauki
10-13-2016, 06:47 PM
i read, that not everyone is shown up on the screen, who used your trooper, that's why i solely care about the last login.
i'm not sure if this got fixed, but i doubt it...more information would be very helpfull.

AmBush-UK
10-13-2016, 07:52 PM
I dont give a monkeys what level your trooper is, as ive completed the game. I'll use all 50 troopers within the 24 hour reset period (barring internet problems) Occasionally i'll use a trooper against the LoL IF ive never used the character before and its strong.

The Demoness and I log everyone who uses our troopers on Excel daily, I dont see how or why some people wouldn't show up in the splash screen. If someone doesn't show as using my trooper for a few days their binned, the way i see it:
#1 Their Not logged in for 3+ days their loosing me badges.
#2 Their logged in but not using my trooper their loosing me badges.

I Have made exceptions in the past but theirs plenty more active players to choose from, nobody has inboxed me saying i made a mistake either. :cool:

Aristo4
10-13-2016, 07:56 PM
Only the freezes, prevent me from using all 50 every day. Missed you and educated fool only, once each, this week.

Check it I'm curious :eek:

AmBush-UK
10-13-2016, 08:05 PM
No worries Aristo4 :cool:

You just reminded me i had an error contacting server when i used a trooper earlier I cant bloody remember who it was now:mad:
Apologies to whoever it was

Wolfie
10-13-2016, 08:13 PM
I log everyone who uses our troopers on Excel daily, I dont see how or why some people wouldn't show up in the splash screen. If someone doesn't show as using my trooper for a few days their binned, the way i see it:
#1 Their Not logged in for 3+ days their loosing me badges.
#2 Their logged in but not using my trooper their loosing me badges.

I Have made exceptions in the past but theirs plenty more active players to choose from, nobody has inboxed me saying i made a mistake either. :cool:

Same Here, i got two troopers who showed on the splash screen once after i added them but not since :mad:

The Educated fool
10-13-2016, 08:22 PM
Only the freezes, prevent me from using all 50 every day. Missed you and educated fool only, once each, this week.

Check it I'm curious :eek:

I have noticed some days where you didn't pop up on the splash screen here and there... I always assume that we are just playing at the same time, when that happens. At any rate, I haven't had any problems while using your character this week, on my end. :cool:

slauki
10-13-2016, 08:32 PM
I dont give a monkeys what level your trooper is, as ive completed the game. I'll use all 50 troopers within the 24 hour reset period (barring internet problems) Occasionally i'll use a trooper against the LoL IF ive never used the character before and its strong.

The Demoness and I log everyone who uses our troopers on Excel daily, I dont see how or why some people wouldn't show up in the splash screen. If someone doesn't show as using my trooper for a few days their binned, the way i see it:

okay, than this list has to show, that i used your and demoness trooper every single day. if this is not the case this would prove,that not every useage of your trooper is shown (or that you forgott to write it down, or that i'm lying ;-) ).

Witkacy
10-13-2016, 08:39 PM
A word from me if any of you care... Pretty please don't use so much bright colours on your posts... All this hurts the eyes and it's bad to read... Eyes are my working tool and probably most of you as well, so please consider changing a bit those patters you have... Thank you kindly :)

Hypnos
10-13-2016, 08:51 PM
A word from me if any of you care... Pretty please don't use so much bright colours on your posts... All this hurts the eyes and it's bad to read... Eyes are my working tool and probably most of you as well, so please consider changing a bit those patters you have... Thank you kindly :)

I'm with buddy here

MetalWarrior
10-13-2016, 08:52 PM
okay, than this list has to show, that i used your and demoness trooper every single day. if this is not the case this would prove,that not every useage of your trooper is shown (or that you forgott to write it down, or that i'm lying ;-) ).

haha,if you or rest of my troopers are writing as well like him,then if you don't see my name anyday,
cause your champ died in battle ..sorry for not reviving him with 10 ironite,no trooper point for you today :p

AmBush-UK
10-13-2016, 08:53 PM
slauki & Aristo4 and most people on this thread have no worries, I think i have the best troopers anyone could want.:cool:

Wolfie
10-13-2016, 09:05 PM
haha,if you or rest of my troopers are writing as well like him,then if you don't see my name anyday,
cause your champ died in battle ..sorry for not reviving him with 10 ironite,no trooper point for you today :p

Not sure i understood all of what you said I take it English isnt your first language :D but i'm Glad your not on my trooper list thats LAME !

hold
10-13-2016, 09:15 PM
If I get a request I check if one was inactive for more than two weeks and replace the trooper. I also had troopers inactive for almost 3 weeks and now they play again - I guess they've been on holidays. An "on vacation" button would be nice though.

I am certainly not spending time on tracking who plays me and who is not logging in every day for a few badges. I have honestly better things to do.

slauki
10-13-2016, 09:33 PM
slauki & Aristo4 and most people on this thread have no worries, I think i have the best troopers anyone could want.:cool:

i'm not worried, i'm just curious, what your list says about me. that's why i asked. this information could verify or falsify the thesis, that not every trooper usage is shown:-)

MetalWarrior
10-13-2016, 09:51 PM
Not sure i understood all of what you said I take it English isnt your first language :D but i'm Glad your not on my trooper list thats LAME !

you are right,English isn't my first language,it is my fifth language,i'm certain, it isn't your first language either, "your" isn't same as " you're."
moreover,whom i quoted perhaps understood that with ease.

Wolfie
10-13-2016, 10:00 PM
you are right,English isn't my first language,it is my fifth language,i'm certain, it isn't your first language either, "your" isn't same as " you're."
moreover,whom i quoted perhaps understood that with ease.

Dinna fash yersel

Demoness-9720
10-13-2016, 10:17 PM
i'm not worried, i'm just curious, what your list says about me. that's why i asked. this information could verify or falsify the thesis, that not every trooper usage is shown:-)

You use me every day, I salute you sir :o

slauki
10-13-2016, 10:26 PM
thank you for clarification...there are some people on my list, that don't show up very often...i wil keep an eye on them. untill now i thought, that they simply don't show up, but maybe they are just lazy bastards ;-)

Reeb99
10-14-2016, 12:22 AM
I'm not going to lie, I don't get to everyone every single day. Some days I'm doing real life stuff, some days crashes get the best of me. If that's a problem to any of my troopers, just go ahead and drop me. The majority of the time, I do try to get everyone on the list though.

Rayray131
10-14-2016, 12:41 AM
Just went back through mine. 5 spots are now open. Striving to improve my champion everyday, if anyone needs a COTD warrior.

Eagleknight
10-14-2016, 05:08 PM
I am about to axe a couple troopers. If your active send me a request.

Witkacy
10-14-2016, 07:17 PM
I am treating my every trooper the same - no matter if you have a 5* superb character, or you just started your adventure with Legacy or for some reasons suffer the lack of goods to upgrade your stuff as you can't pass beyond certain points in game - and you have 3* or even 2* toon - you guys are the same important to me... Even if your character is not so solid yet - no problem - I can manage with my other two... In special situations - even play on manual mode - just for everyone get their points... And when some users frequently using my champion - I am glad that I could help and they cleared some missions or objectives... Simply... I treat everyone that way like I would like to be treated myself :)

I don't give any limits to people - I am patient and understanding guy - this is just the game and it's about to have fun... Everyone has their problems and so duties and I respect that... Won't be kicking somebody off the list just because he or she couldn't play or not give me the points since two or three days...

I don't like to delete anyone - always trying to get someone another chance... On the other hand - I would like to have something off the game to myself as well... And when you have poor support or hardly at all, things not like too good - sure still can play and achieve my goals myself - just it would be last much more longer... So... If I see that someone is stubbornly and comonly refusing to cooperate despite given points everyday - that someone disappears off my list...

Sure... There are TWO exceptions - these are the troopers who will be on my list all the time - no matter they will give me the points being active or not - not just because they have great characters making a playthrough nice and easy, but simply because they give me a helping hand, while nobody else didn't and lettin' me use their characters (even once a day) so I could finish the game, discover and unlock all the secret places, earn all gold skulls, and even get my first matrials in the rifts... Big respect to you, guys and thank you :)

Few ending words though - despite I do my best all the time - couple of times it HAPPENED that I failed to give points some of my troopers due to game crashing... If I could - I would play once more, yet I can't like we all here - so if any of you didn't get your points someday - I am sorry and just hope that soon all the bugs and crashes will be fixed once and for all...

FlyingV
10-14-2016, 10:21 PM
Unless a player checks updates with a pencil and paper, it is rather unlikely that a crash or a missed day would even be noticed. On the other hand, absenteeism for a number of days is readily ascertainable. Some may make an allowance for a weekend or even a solid week of personal time, but at some point one will have to accept that a certain trooper arrangment is a one-sided relationship.

Kaijester
10-14-2016, 11:09 PM
Thread closed due to request.