PDA

View Full Version : Talisman suggestions for PSS

FlyingV
10-13-2016, 12:47 PM
I just max-leveled my PSS and threw on some straightforward talisman sets: Strength & Guardian (fierce), and Health (overwhelming).

Its basic and power attacks do not appear to have any corresponding talisman traits other than Attack, so I don't see subtle and imaginitive choices coming to mind at the moment. Should I build up these sets or is there a better setup that has worked for you?

Kardas
10-13-2016, 01:36 PM
I remember there being 2 threads on Pharaoh Sun Spirit in recent memory. Maybe you can find something cool here:
http://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?772-Pharaoh-Sun-Spirit-(Warrior)
http://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?1935-Finally!My-PSS-start-from-1*-Now-it-s-5*-LVL100-Max-skilled-amp-6-Max-Strength-Fierce

Considering that Fierce Strength and Guardian Talismans are currently the only worthwhile red Talismans, there's little to change with PSS. Mine's only 4* lv80, but I reckon at max level, that there's three possible options.
- 6 Strength (Fierce)
- 5 Strength (Fierce) + 1 green (Overwhelming)
- 4 Strength (Fierce) + 2 Health (Overwhelming)

I mean, you could give him Ivory Talismans to make him a bit tougher against magus characters, but that seems gimmicky and highly inefficient

RCarter
10-13-2016, 01:43 PM
Mine does just fine with 6 maxed fierce-flavored strength.

OpticSugar
10-13-2016, 01:44 PM
I have something close to the third option...

- 2 strength (fierce), 2 burning (fierce), 2 health (overwhelming)
(all max 50)

I like the bonus damage that the burning does x AOE (many times it's just enough to take down (an) enemy(s)). I recently tried him with all red (fierce) and I found him to be a little too squishy for auto grinding. He still does great damage and healing this way, but it's important that he stays alive. I have him as my champion if you want to try him out.

Aristo4
10-13-2016, 02:10 PM
I'm running 5 guardian fierce and 1 random overwhelming.
Going all red is bad idea for autofarming.

slauki
10-13-2016, 03:51 PM
good suggestions everywhere. i run my pss with 4 maxed fierce and 2 overhelming while autofarming. i would go 6x fierce if i would play manually, but like aristo said, he dies pretty fast, while autofarming without green talismans.

MetalWarrior
10-13-2016, 03:55 PM
btw,which type of PSS you guys are discussing here?
I've a sentinel PSS *2 sitting there for months,if it is any good,i can level up in a minute.

RCarter
10-13-2016, 04:02 PM
I think we are talking about the warrior PSS...

And yeah, the all Str(F) config does lead to the occassional premature death if he gets picked on. I have noticed that the AI is not afraid to use Rise if his health bar is in the red. Its very rarely a big enough problem that it results in a defeat while autofarming.

Aristo4
10-13-2016, 04:29 PM
btw,which type of PSS you guys are discussing here?
I've a sentinel PSS *2 sitting there for months,if it is any good,i can level up in a minute.

I think a particular S on sentinel PSS has another meaning than Sun or Sand, guess what :p

osiris0000
10-13-2016, 04:42 PM
I agree with Kardas. But if you maxed all skills, he can survive %90 of the time with 6 maxed strength fierce talismans. For example, i can autofarm Game of Death - Underworld Madness and he survives %90 of time. If your other team members are strong enough, i suggest you to go with high attack instead of HP. Because many enemies does not have a chance to get a turn from you. Even in dungeons. Today i have seen more than 20.000 k AOE damage both with basic attack and rise skill (with alliance general buff). Without buff it was around 8.800 k , at Sentinel Dungeon level 10. Crazy! He can become very wild, especially if you have a damage buff support character.

You can also consider OpticSugar's build, burning talismans give pretty good additional damage.

If not, its good to keep at least one maxed overwhelming talisman with him. Strategy depends on your overall team power in the end.

OpticSugar
10-13-2016, 04:48 PM
I agree with Kardas. But if you maxed all skills, he can survive %90 of the time with 6 maxed strength fierce talismans. For example, i can autofarm Game of Death - Underworld Madness and he survives %90 of time. If your other team members are strong enough, i suggest you to go with high attack instead of HP. Because many enemies does not have a chance to get a turn from you. Even in dungeons. Today i have seen more than 20.000 k AOE damage both with basic attack and rise skill (with alliance general buff). Without buff it was around 8.800 k , at Sentinel Dungeon level 10. Crazy! He can become very wild, especially if you have a damage buff support character.

You can also consider OpticSugar's build, burning talismans give pretty good additional damage.

If not, its good to keep at least one maxed overwhelming talisman with him. Strategy depends on your overall team power in the end.

Very good points about maxing skills... and considering how strong the rest of the team is. If I can pump a few skill shards into him, I may consider going back to the all-red build but because he's my champion at the moment, I want him to be as survivable as possible for my auto-grinding trooper mates.

Eagleknight
10-13-2016, 04:50 PM
I go for all fierce guardian tailismans on my pss. He rarely does and if he does it usually doesn't matter I still win on auto. I would say if you team is strong don't bother with the health tailismans however if it isn't through one or two on it.

About putting burning tailismans on him I tried it but didn't see them go off enough to warrant them however if I was running an accuracy raising toon it might work well. I think it's all preference. Steady damage or fluxing damage.

MetalWarrior
10-13-2016, 05:01 PM
I think a particular S on sentinel PSS has another meaning than Sun or Sand, guess what :p

Do you mean the word, that rhyme with duck! 1421

Aristo4
10-13-2016, 05:02 PM

Yes, it had to be clarified...all these suggestions are about no skill-upgraded PSS's.
With all skills maxed you can go all red of course, since there's nothing left on the enemy team when PSS and all your other hardhitters are done :cool:

MuadDib-7367
10-13-2016, 05:33 PM
6 fierce strength maxxed out is all you need. Max out out his skill shards and he is a monster hitter and healer. I've never had a problem with his health since his heal so powerful.

osiris0000
10-13-2016, 05:35 PM
Yes, it had to be clarified...all these suggestions are about no skill-upgraded PSS's.
With all skills maxed you can go all red of course, since there's nothing left on the enemy team when PSS and all your other hardhitters are done :cool:

Exactly! For example; i have 5* lvl 100 Soldier Eddie + 5* lvl 100 All Maxed PSS and a 5* lvl 100 Angel Of Fear (Red Bat) as my unstoppable farming team. Now i am focused on maxing the skills of my red bat, halfway already :) Even when i can't kill all enemies with first turn, i kill at least one enemy. Then i got an Extra Turn triggered for whole team with red bat's passive. With that Extra Turn all enemies are surely gone. So... In this situation its much better for me to focus on high damage :cool: It is all about mixing all team skills & powers in a strategic way.

OpticSugar
10-13-2016, 05:43 PM
6 fierce strength maxxed out is all you need. Max out out his skill shards and he is a monster hitter and healer. I've never had a problem with his health since his heal so powerful.

As far as problem with his health, I think we're specifically referring to auto-grinding (when the AI is just too stupid to heal). I find that in auto, he occasionally goes down, then my team goes down. Until I have the chance to put some Skill shards on him, a couple of green (overwhelming) charms are a good alternative. He still does sick damage.

Playing manually, I have never had a problem with him.

By the way... didn't someone recently post an issue with his skill shard distribution (where it appears to skip a level - wasting a shard)? Has this been confirmed?

osiris0000
10-13-2016, 05:51 PM
As far as problem with his health, I think we're specifically referring to auto-grinding (when the AI is just too stupid to heal). I find that in auto, he occasionally goes down, then my team goes down. Until I have the chance to put some Skill shards on him, a couple of green (overwhelming) charms are a good alternative. He still does sick damage.

By the way... didn't someone recently post an issue with his skill shard distribution (where it appears to skip a level - wasting a shard)? Has this been confirmed?

As i remember; when i was skilling my PSS, Disquiet skill level just jumped from 2 to 4, but i am not sure. It was long time ago. In the end, there is 2 possibilities about this issue: a black hole between level 2 and 4 that swallows your skill shard. Or Disquiet is 5 levels in total, there is a typo mistake. It's good to let them (Devs) know about this issue anyway.

MuadDib-7367
10-13-2016, 07:58 PM

I think the skill shard issue is a typo. I maxed him with the correct number of skill shards. I autogrind game of death-madness with PSS and Wickerman and never suffer a defeat. Maybe 5% of the time AI damages PSS, but never kills him. If you team him with another strong toon, you should be autoing everything that doesn't have a 'troll' level without any fear of losing.

Having said that, adding health isn't sacrificing that much by way of damage so we are discussing a very fine point, that really doesn't have a real impact on game play. I think the message should be that every player should level up this easily obtained character because it is a very versatile attacker with one of the best heals in the game.

Esquatcho
10-14-2016, 01:45 AM
I have something close to the third option...

- 2 strength (fierce), 2 burning (fierce), 2 health (overwhelming)
(all max 50)

I like the bonus damage that the burning does x AOE (many times it's just enough to take down (an) enemy(s)). I recently tried him with all red (fierce) and I found him to be a little too squishy for auto grinding. He still does great damage and healing this way, but it's important that he stays alive. I have him as my champion if you want to try him out.

Am building a PSS, so gonna take you up on that offer. Be interesting to check the burning option out!

Eagleknight
10-14-2016, 02:09 AM
The skillshards numbering is just a typo. Mine said character is max when I put the last one on it. As to tailismans I will stick with full fierce unless I run a accuracy toon. Burning just didn't proc enough for me. I'll do another test tomorrow on it. Oh I am talking auto farming only.