PDA

View Full Version : Corrupt General Nerf

Nicko
10-14-2016, 02:56 AM
This is primarily for the developers - but any chance you'd reconsider the Corrupt General nerf?

Of course I have a vested interest - mine is maxed in both talismans and skills - but I'm surprised the nerf is so extreme. He hits hard, but certainly not crazy hard - characters hit harder. A maxed Blue Allied Soldier or Soldier Eddie easily tops him. Hell hounds and Green Souless Demons - with maximum skills and talismans - can hit as hard.

The thing that sets the General apart is the stun. Reducing it from 45%? I get that - kind of.

Reducing it to 15%? Huge. He's basically just an ordinary toon at that point.

Perhaps that was the goal - to make him a generic toon - but as he's been the epitome of an awesome AOE attack in this game it seems crazy the nerf is so extreme.

30%? Or even 25%? Those I would get

15%? Strips him of his masculinity!

Anyone else feel this way?

MetalWarrior
10-14-2016, 03:03 AM
yeah! undoubtedly correct comment,i had to resort to freeze talisman to cover that up :(

Eagleknight
10-14-2016, 03:13 AM
As I don't have one it doesn't effect me. But, I think it is a drastic nerf. At this point with the update comming tomorrow I do not think they will change it. He was the main toon I was going after but after the incoming nerf he will be dropped off my list of must haves.

MetalWarrior
10-14-2016, 03:21 AM
as someone suggested in other thread, to add 2 sets of freeze talisman on him,can't confirm 35x2= 70% freeze is working properly,if it does, it won't be that bad as you might think.

Nicko
10-14-2016, 03:23 AM
As I don't have one it doesn't effect me. But, I think it is a drastic nerf. At this point with the update comming tomorrow I do not think they will change it. He was the main toon I was going after but after the incoming nerf he will be dropped off my list of must haves.

Don't blame you - while still a viable toon, he'll no longer be special.

Carriage Eddie was nerfed a while back - now Blue Allied Soldier and Corrupt General

Beginning to think the developers are rabid anti-magites!

Nicko
10-14-2016, 03:26 AM
as someone suggested in other thread, to add 2 sets of freeze talisman on him,can't confirm 35x2= 70% freeze is working properly,if it does, it won't be that bad as you might think.

Have one more Freeze Talisman to level to 5*. Exactly the route I'm going, but he'll lose some punch as his Magic bonuses from Holy and Paladin talismans will disappear...

Eagleknight
10-14-2016, 03:29 AM
I dropped carriage rider from my team after the nerf and never use allied soldier other then to lvl it. But I still want the corrupt general but it just not close to the top of the list. Stupid pvp ruining everyone's favorite toon.

aur0ra85
10-14-2016, 04:00 AM
They buffed the general too, he's getting 100% on magic reduction? Or Mr reduction?
The point was the skill was an AOE stun, the only one in the game if I'm not mistaken, adding either freeze talismans or buffing accuracy made it well over 100%. In terms of abusing a strategy, that's ridiculous. 2 sets of freeze, and accuracy still make it 50%, 50%, and 40% AOE on a perfect attack ->which is still near ridiculous.
Gimme a break guys lol, I'd trade in most of my toons out together for a single one of those.

AppleJuice
10-14-2016, 04:16 AM
They buffed the general too, he's getting 100% on magic reduction? Or Mr reduction?
The point was the skill was an AOE stun, the only one in the game if I'm not mistaken, adding either freeze talismans or buffing accuracy made it well over 100%. In terms of abusing a strategy, that's ridiculous. 2 sets of freeze, and accuracy still make it 50%, 50%, and 40% AOE on a perfect attack ->which is still near ridiculous.
Gimme a break guys lol, I'd trade in most of my toons out together for a single one of those.

Nicko
10-14-2016, 04:17 AM

I see where you're coming from, but you can add six freeze talismans to any Magus AOE attacker at this point and have a similar attack as the general, as a 15% stun is pretty minimal (granted it can be raised a bit with skill shards)

MetalWarrior
10-14-2016, 04:26 AM
I see where you're coming from, but you can add six freeze talismans to any Magus AOE attacker at this point and have a similar attack as the general, as a 15% stun is pretty minimal (granted it can be raised a bit with skill shards)

Actually,not a bad idea.Adding 2 sets freeze talisman to magus COTD would make more sense,he has blizzard sheild,plus he already looks frozen :p

Eagleknight
10-14-2016, 04:32 AM
I can just feel a tailisman stacking nerf comming real soon.

Nicko
10-14-2016, 04:36 AM
I can just feel a tailisman stacking nerf comming real soon.

Hope not - it was a developer that suggested stacking Freeze talismans to compensate for the General's big nerf!

Frost
10-14-2016, 11:43 AM
Mummy Eddie has a 4 power aoe stun skill, but only 40% max chance if I record, 60% with acc buff.

Corrupt Geenral will still be op guys... 2 frezze sets + Wickerdog Queen buff + SE fury buff = way too op. If you want to face that in PvP...

Baba-8301
10-14-2016, 11:46 AM
You need a magus character with 3 blue slots to double stack talismans. I'd still trade any of my 5*s for him even post-nerf though.

Ancient Mariner
10-14-2016, 12:00 PM
But these changes weren't already implemented right?

Demoonchild
10-14-2016, 12:12 PM
Axis Commander is my favourite toon, the devs will nerf his stun from 45% to 15%... I think that this is necessary for PVP but takes all the magic he had away...
Maybe considering to drop stun to 20%, Plus reduce Mr, Plus other debuff, ATK down, permadeath should be a nice idea...
The reality matter here is that devs MUST be more into improve already shit chars(no names needed) instead of nerfing others, like the Pyro boys...