PDA

View Full Version : Hello,I'm Kathy

KuroKitty
10-14-2016, 08:38 AM
Probably not the first girl maiden fan to post here but I am proud to say that I am a female who loves Maiden with all my heart <3 I'm also a bit of a young fan,I'm only 20 and I love Iron Maiden which surprises a lot of long time fans since they assume I'm too young to know what Iron Maiden is and that I'd be listening to more 21st century music,but truth is I love classic metal and rock and old music in general because those generations had better style if you ask me.That's why I love Maiden,I was introduced to this band by my brother,best metal band of all classic metal :D found out there was a game and got addicted to it the day I started playing it.I love Eddie and the game made me fall in love with more Iron Maiden songs I never got around to hearing.
Up the irons!

slauki
10-14-2016, 08:56 AM
welcome to the forums. it would be good if you would post your whole ingame-name with the 4 digits, in case that you need some troopers...

KuroKitty
10-14-2016, 09:58 AM
Its the same name as my username here,as for the numbers they are 0006

Reeb99
10-14-2016, 10:25 AM
Welcome! Good to see somebody new that isn't a bot.

Rayray131
10-14-2016, 11:00 AM
Welcome to the forum.

Frost
10-14-2016, 11:41 AM
Welcome! Hope our crazyness don't scare you.

Demoonchild
10-14-2016, 11:58 AM
Hi Kathy!! Just dont talk to someone called Nekro, and his army of minions...

AppleJuice
10-14-2016, 12:28 PM
Think your a young maiden fan? :) I am too, I'm 17 in my Junior year of highschool. :) I thank my older brother for introducing me to Maiden and ever since then,I've been a fan of all their works :cool: Welcome to the forums! :D

Nekroliun
10-14-2016, 12:50 PM
Hi Kathy!! Just dont talk to someone called Nekro, and his army of minions...

Jackthebutcher, spambot, toddlers, gonzoo, visionseddie123, nekroliun and one other that i forgot, those are all my minions (aka me)

Anyways.. i hope you dont get a heart attack kathy! Welcome to the forums! And have a virtual trooper!

OpticSugar
10-14-2016, 01:13 PM
Welcome to the community Kathy! It's always great to see the legacy of Maiden being carried on younger generations. Not all bands have this kind of longevity. They were my favorite band when I was in Jr. High (the Somewhere in time era, literally) and I kind of rediscovered them in the past 10 years. Whereas other bands come and go and eventually fade from my interest, they really never get old for me no matter how much I listen to the albums.

\m/

Nekroliun
10-14-2016, 01:17 PM
Welcome to the community KuroKitty! It's always great to see the legacy of Maiden being carried on younger generations. Not all bands have this kind of longevity. They were my favorite band when I was in Jr. High (the Somewhere in time era, literally) and I kind of rediscovered them in the past 10 years. Whereas other bands come and go and eventually fade from my interest, they really never get old for me no matter how much I listen to the albums.

\m/well im a 16 year old little immature person (no kidding, dont believe what you read in my acc details) WHY DONT I GET LOVE FOR BEING A YOUNG MAIDEN FAN... nvm i dont need your love... all i need is the sweet power of hatred and revenge... MWHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA!

zamasu
10-14-2016, 05:46 PM
Think your a young maiden fan? :) I am too, I'm 17 in my Junior year of highschool. :) I thank my older brother for introducing me to Maiden and ever since then,I've been a fan of all their works :cool: Welcome to the forums! :D

That explain why you like applejuice so much!

Jackthebutcher, spambot, toddlers, gonzoo, visionseddie123, nekroliun and one other that i forgot, those are all my minions (aka me)

Anyways.. i hope you dont get a heart attack kathy! Welcome to the forums! And have a virtual trooper!

Damn!

zamasu
10-14-2016, 05:47 PM

well im a 16 year old little immature person (no kidding, dont believe what you read in my acc details) WHY DONT I GET LOVE FOR BEING A YOUNG MAIDEN FAN... nvm i dont need your love... all i need is the sweet power of hatred and revenge... MWHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA!

16! that explains a lot and why you don't know who RJD is!

Demoonchild
10-14-2016, 06:47 PM
16! that explains a lot and why you don't know who RJD is!

Hahaha thats explains almost everything!!! But not knowing about RJD mut be a deadly sin..... (My 2 years old daughter listen to him :p )

Nekroliun
10-14-2016, 07:37 PM
I was introduced to metal in the january 2015 when i first was watching a vid about how to get dat sweet sweet muny in the witcher, it had rhapsody of fire's emerald sword playing in the background, so i went to the comments, cuz u kno how every single vid with music has to have atleast someone asking about it... so i got the album, then every other album... then in either april or may i started listening to maiden and by april or may i mean april or may of 2016... so i started listening to maiden... and started listening to metallica like 1 month ago... yea... life sucks, kill me

I never really knew anything about RJD, did he have something to do with black sabbath? Or was that ozzy...

Aristo4
10-14-2016, 07:43 PM
Would be fun being 12-16 again discovering things from scratch :cool:
Also start investigating RJD,if you want a worse probability that i'll come there and throw you off the rooftop myself.

Nekroliun
10-14-2016, 07:44 PM
Would be fun being 12-16 again discovering things from scratch :cool:
Also start investigating RJD,if you want a worse probability that i'll come there and throw you off the rooftop myself.

Ok... i will...

One sec...

Nekroliun
10-14-2016, 07:54 PM
Just did my research... so... he died 6 years ago... i guess im late to the party...

Demoonchild
10-14-2016, 08:08 PM
Just did my research... so... he died 6 years ago... i guess im late to the party...

RJD is the greatest frontman and singer of all the fucking time. Just compared with Freddy Mercury, But I think that DIO is best, due to his contribution in Blues, Hard Rock, Heavy Metal, and many other styles, even Glam... (Freddy just stays in Queen plus some little other stuff)
The guy started greats but not so well known bands like Dio and the prophets or ELF, after he jumps to RAINBOW(YOU MUST LISTEN AT LEAST THE 3 FIRST ALBUMS WITH RJD, are pure magic), Black Sabbath (after Ozzy was kicked out), and after that his solo career as DIO(download and listen the all fuckin' discography right now). (He rejoins BS but due to legal issues they are known as HEAVEN AND HELL, just one album but listen to it...)

Thats is a resume of one of the greater GODs of metal...(if not the GREAT OF THEM ALL)

Nekroliun
10-14-2016, 08:12 PM
RJD is the greatest frontman and singer of all the fucking time. Just compared with Freddy Mercury, But I think that DIO is best, due to his contribution in Blues, Hard Rock, Heavy Metal, and many other styles, even Glam... (Freddy just stays in Queen plus some little other stuff)
The guy started greats but not so well known bands like Dio and the prophets or ELF, after he jumps to RAINBOW(YOU MUST LISTEN AT LEAST THE 3 FIRST ALBUMS WITH RJD, are pure magic), Black Sabbath (after Ozzy was kicked out), and after that his solo career as DIO. (He rejoins BS but due to legal issues they are known as HEAVEN AND HELL, just one album but listen to it...)

Thats is a resume of one of the greater GODs of metal...(if not the GREAT OF THEM ALL)
Just asking, why was ozzy kicked???

Aristo4
10-14-2016, 08:15 PM

Had an appetite for bats.

Eagleknight
10-14-2016, 08:17 PM
Because Ozzy was so much better and BS was holding him back. To me Ozzy was BS the completely tanked after him. Although I did like a few songs off Heaven and Hell.

Nekroliun
10-14-2016, 08:24 PM
Because Ozzy was so much better and BS was holding him back. To me Ozzy was BS the completely tanked after him. Although I did like a few songs off Heaven and Hell.

Oh... so wait.. other than americas got talent... what does ozzy do... i heard he had radio shit

Demoonchild
10-14-2016, 08:30 PM

Drugs, alcohol, the guy is brainless... IOMMI is the heart and brains of Sabbath so he get tired of him.
Ozzy is just a particular/recognizable voice(Personally I think thah he sings like shit!!)
DIO is an overall amazing singer, and a frontman like Ozzy never was/be.
Black Sabbath is a great band with has had several good singers like Gillan, Gillen or Martin... the best era is with DIO, the most recognizable and classic one is with Ozzy...

Anyway, Black Sabbath at least for me is the greatest band of all time, as DIO is the greatest singer/frontman of the universe...

KuroKitty
10-14-2016, 08:36 PM
Well we sorta went off topic lol

that's great to hear that there's a lot more young Maiden fans,I always surprise older guys who were fans since it came out whenever i'm at work and I'm wearing my Iron Maiden shirts they're like "You listen to Iron Maiden!?They are so old and you're so young" and I'm like "Yeah so?Doesn't mean I wouldn't know they existed" bless my brother for introducing it to me.(though at the time he was real pissed when I liked them too because he accused me of copying his interests and refused to share an interest with me since he was really mean) but nowadays he doesn't care anymore.
I listened to this band since I was 12 but stopped listening to them after a year or so but then I got back into them a few years later and this year I have loved Maiden more than I ever did the past 8 years.

MuadDib-7367
10-14-2016, 08:59 PM
The guy started greats but not so well known bands like Dio and the prophets or ELF, after he jumps to RAINBOW(YOU MUST LISTEN AT LEAST THE 3 FIRST ALBUMS WITH RJD, are pure magic), Black Sabbath (after Ozzy was kicked out), and after that his solo career as DIO(download and listen the all fuckin' discography right now). (He rejoins BS but due to legal issues they are known as HEAVEN AND HELL, just one album but listen to it...)

Sorry but you seem to have misspelled Bon Scott. :p

Nekroliun
10-14-2016, 09:21 PM
Well we sorta went off topic lol

that's great to hear that there's a lot more young Maiden fans,I always surprise older guys who were fans since it came out whenever i'm at work and I'm wearing my Iron Maiden shirts they're like "You listen to Iron Maiden!?They are so old and you're so young" and I'm like "Yeah so?Doesn't mean I wouldn't know they existed" bless my brother for introducing it to me.(though at the time he was real pissed when I liked them too because he accused me of copying his interests and refused to share an interest with me since he was really mean) but nowadays he doesn't care anymore.
I listened to this band since I was 12 but stopped listening to them after a year or so but then I got back into them a few years later and this year I have loved Maiden more than I ever did the past 8 years.
Your brother reminds me of my sister... whenever i do something remotely similar she accuses me of copy catting her...

KuroKitty
10-15-2016, 01:38 AM
Yup that's how he was back then.He kept blasting the music and at some point his ipod was stolen at school and I would allow him to use mine sometimes but because I didn't have songs that he liked on it I let him put some in my ipod and when I looked through what he had put on it I gave Iron Maiden a try and I loved the music right away.He put Remember Tomorrow,Blood Brothers,Children of the Damned,Out of the Shadows,Number of the Beast (didn't listen to this one though),and Fear of the Dark.The first one I heard was Children of the Damned.It was a small selection until I bought the album A Matter of Life and Death.Probably my favorite album next to Killers and the original one.I'm glad I heard those songs and this year I ended up getting more and more fond of the songs,before listening to them was a bit eh but now ever since Legacy of the Beast I had no idea what I was missing.I get addicted to these songs fast.

Nekroliun
10-15-2016, 02:09 AM
Yup that's how he was back then.He kept blasting the music and at some point his ipod was stolen at school and I would allow him to use mine sometimes but because I didn't have songs that he liked on it I let him put some in my ipod and when I looked through what he had put on it I gave Iron Maiden a try and I loved the music right away.He put Remember Tomorrow,Blood Brothers,Children of the Damned,Out of the Shadows,Number of the Beast (didn't listen to this one though),and Fear of the Dark.The first one I heard was Children of the Damned.It was a small selection until I bought the album A Matter of Life and Death.Probably my favorite album next to Killers and the original one.I'm glad I heard those songs and this year I ended up getting more and more fond of the songs,before listening to them was a bit eh but now ever since Legacy of the Beast I had no idea what I was missing.I get addicted to these songs fast.

I never was fond of children of the damned, this song, the apparitions and remember tomorrow are pretty much my least fav songs... also im surprised u turned down number of the beast, thats a masterpiece...

I got into direction in a irregular way, nobody introduced me to it, i didnt listen to any song and then bought every album on earth... i was checking out the power of the horde, and someone in the comments said that it was inspired by iron maiden's Powerslave, so youtube... i listened to Powerslave (the song) and thought that it was complete shit, then i went to the book of souls, listened to Speed Of Light and got immediately hooked!

My fav album keeps changing... its a hard decision... i think currently its either Brave New World, A Matter Of Life And Death, Number Of The Beast, Virtual XI (yes i did say that) and The Book Of Souls... really hard to decide...

Fav song always changes tbh, but currently ive been listening to the nomad ALOT, used to be dance of death, but dance of death i guess got old?

Rayray131
10-15-2016, 02:18 AM
Its the same name as my username here,as for the numbers they are 0006

Just noticed You are number 6. Lol.

KuroKitty
10-15-2016, 02:41 AM
Oh no no I meant I didn't listen to the Number of the Beast at the time I discovered it,I freaking love that song its one of my favorites,I listened to it last year for the first time all the way through and I couldn't stop listening to it for days lol in fact I made an AMV with that song.

My favorites change as well,my favorite songs list keeps on growing and growing.

Rayray
"I am NOT a number I am a free man!"

Demoonchild
10-15-2016, 03:00 AM
Oh no no I meant I didn't listen to the Number of the Beast at the time I discovered it,I freaking love that song its one of my favorites,I listened to it last year for the first time all the way through and I couldn't stop listening to it for days lol in fact I made an AMV with that song.

My favorites change as well,my favorite songs list keeps on growing and growing.

Rayray

...Free girl...

KuroKitty
10-15-2016, 03:11 AM
Exactly lol

Nekroliun
10-15-2016, 07:48 AM

Rayray

Yeah thats what i thought...

Also, since your no6 then there must be someone with the tag666 that person must get infinite resources for life!

The Educated fool
10-17-2016, 05:52 AM
well im a 16 year old little immature person (no kidding, dont believe what you read in my acc details) WHY DONT I GET LOVE FOR BEING A YOUNG MAIDEN FAN... nvm i dont need your love... all i need is the sweet power of hatred and revenge... MWHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA!

I would have bet every 5* character I have that you weren't a year over 16... glad to see I'm not slipping. :cool:

Welcome to the board, Kathy.