PDA

View Full Version : October 2016 Tuning Update (LIVE)

Pages : 1 [2] 3

Nicko
10-18-2016, 01:42 PM
My new one will probably be benched until he's sacrificed - need to work on green Talismans, not blue - poor sap

If he only knew...

Kaijester
10-18-2016, 02:10 PM
The Sgt. is still an awesome character. He's the only ally that has a fury ability (at the moment). That's got to be worth something. I was using the update all weekend, and when using my troopers' Sgts, they were still kicking ass. If we could trade, it would still be a hard decision for me.

Corrupt Sgt fury is useful when team up with Wickerman Eddie, the consume effect deal quite a lot on Lord Of Light.

Aristo4
10-18-2016, 02:10 PM
Time to work on my warrior troll and get him to 5* too, I guess. I'm semi-sick of warriors though, would like some gunners and assasins i'm after :rolleyes:

Nicko
10-18-2016, 02:15 PM
Time to work on my warrior troll and get him to 5* too, I guess. I'm semi-sick of warriors though, would like some gunners and assasins i'm after :rolleyes:

Hear ya...

Kind of like I'm sick of blue

But you already have the ultimate gunner!

Aristo4
10-18-2016, 02:18 PM
But you already have the ultimate gunner!

He's got no serious gunner company though. Just the undead hunter I leveled feeding me with power :p

Sparton_LOTB
10-18-2016, 06:05 PM
We've force upgraded everyone to version 2.1.4. Maintenance scheduled again for 2pm PST.

Hold on to your butts!

Vertax616
10-18-2016, 06:08 PM
We've force upgraded everyone to version 2.1.4. Maintenance scheduled again for 2pm PST.

Hold on to your butts!

Here we go!

zamasu
10-18-2016, 06:18 PM

Hold on to your butts!

IIs this just a "maintenance upgrade" or it is the update with all the changes?

Londo-7244
10-18-2016, 06:20 PM

Holding....................

Sparton_LOTB
10-18-2016, 06:26 PM
IIs this just a "maintenance upgrade" or it is the update with all the changes?

Unless we run into a new complication, the tuning updates will be applied after the maintenance upgrade is done.

MuadDib-7367
10-18-2016, 06:27 PM

Hold on to your butts!

Probably more appropriate:

https://youtu.be/CM_6IxyIoyQ

Londo-7244
10-18-2016, 06:30 PM
Probably more appropriate:

https://youtu.be/CM_6IxyIoyQ

Lmao!!!!!!!!!!!! Classic !!!!!!

zamasu
10-18-2016, 07:20 PM
Unless we run into a new complication, the tuning updates will be applied after the maintenance upgrade is done.

Sounds great. Thank you!

Demoonchild
10-18-2016, 07:21 PM
HAHAHA LOL!!

Go on and farm like crazy!!!! If with the last upgrade the drops go to the ground, now they will be below the Underworld!!!

calizario
10-18-2016, 07:26 PM
sacrifice feature turns in this update?

BillLion
10-18-2016, 07:28 PM

Hold on to your butts!

Holding 'em -thanks and fingers crossed!

Edit: The middle finger is not aimed at the DEVS just to be clear! Appreciate you guys working hard on positive changes.

zolaar
10-18-2016, 08:42 PM
Sparton, Kaz, and any players looking for a third possible solution to the nerf of the talismans, please read the post I've made to the Suggestions board:

http://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?2344-A-compromise-on-the-nerfed-talismans

Comments should go there, obviously. This is just a shameless self-promotion ;)

eddiejose
10-18-2016, 09:13 PM
Sparton, Kaz, and any players looking for a third possible solution to the nerf of the talismans, please read the post I've made to the Suggestions board:

http://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?2344-A-compromise-on-the-nerfed-talismans

Comments should go there, obviously. This is just a shameless self-promotion ;)

I think it's a pretty good idea!

Sparton_LOTB
10-18-2016, 09:39 PM
Maintenance should be ending soon. Tuning updates are now live!

To ensure you have all of the up-to-date data, please force close the app before or after downloading the updated data to ensure all data is shown correctly.

Feel free to continue discussion here on the tuning updates (questions, concerns, and suggestions).

MetalWarrior
10-18-2016, 09:42 PM

'Read More' button suppose to work?

nothing happens when i click on it...anyway.i just closed the splash screen.

BillLion
10-18-2016, 09:44 PM
So far, so good. Playing update now.

One question: You had mentioned new Eddies before the end of this month. Is that still on track despite the hiccups/delays with the tuning/balance update?

Kaz_LOTB
10-18-2016, 09:47 PM
So far, so good. Playing update now.

One question: You had mentioned new Eddies before the end of this month. Is that still on track despite the hiccups/delays with the tuning/balance update?

Yes. We hope to have at least 2 new Eddies available by the end of the month (if all goes according to plan).

-Kaz

BillLion
10-18-2016, 09:50 PM
Yes. We hope to have at least 2 new Eddies available by the end of the month (if all goes according to plan).

-Kaz

Great to hear- thanks and we're hoping it goes according to plan!

Hypnos
10-18-2016, 09:54 PM
What the hell did you do to rainmaker Eddie!

Aristo4
10-18-2016, 09:58 PM

Nerf bat ? :confused:

Cyborg gained 1100 base HP and lost 1000 total attack...hitting for 9k unbuffed now.

Hypnos
10-18-2016, 10:02 PM
Nerf bat ? :confused:

Cyborg gained 1100 base HP and lost 1000 total attack...hitting for 9k unbuffed now.

Basically the one thing that made him unique and a top grade 5* character was his special stat. Now he's about as bad as vampire hunter Eddie.

Ancient Mariner
10-18-2016, 10:02 PM
I was auto farming the X level of warrior dungeon before the update, now i have to manually play it and put some effort, the difference is net.
Now, for me that i have several characters maxed it's ok, but poor those who are starting playing now, I don't wanna know how hard is gonna be to go through the game worlds for them now lol

p.s: just noticed this: i've found my corrupt general has had his chance to stun reduced as it has been said, but my allied magus soldier still says to reflect 50% of the damage: does this apply to you guys too?

p.p.s: while i'm writing my game crashed while playing a round in X level .-.

Sparton_LOTB
10-18-2016, 10:04 PM

There was a bug previously where he had a base Special stat in the thousands (instead of the hundreds). We missed noting the fix to that in our patch updates; sorry about that.

Aristo4
10-18-2016, 10:09 PM
After a run on levels 7 to 10 I gotta say this is indeed more challenging...had no failure manually playing though. Will not attempt to autoplay,not possible here :cool:

Aristo4
10-18-2016, 10:12 PM
Basically the one thing that made him unique and a top grade 5* character was his special stat. Now he's about as bad as vampire hunter Eddie.

Oh ****. :eek:

Varg-0203
10-18-2016, 10:20 PM
A few observations:
Blue Allied Soldier Fealess Damage now is based on MAX HP, that wasn't mentioned in the update notes...
Soldier Eddie's Fury now is a joke, 5-6K (even with the new skill level upgraded), and the magic scaling wasn't added.
Pharaoh Dog King passive autohealing now works great!
LOL lvl 10 it's a little bit harder now, Game of Death seems the same although a little bit harder because of the new (and nerfed) Soldier Eddie's Fury

Vertax616
10-18-2016, 10:25 PM
It is too early for me to to write about drop rates but for now it is a lot more organized and much better than before. (I got two 2* red evo runes on my first 2 plays on Bf Hard, Point of no return!) Also it seems to me that game is loading much faster now. Thank you devs for the update!

eddiejose
10-18-2016, 10:28 PM
A few observations:
Blue Allied Soldier Fealess Damage now is based on MAX HP, that wasn't mentioned in the update notes...
Soldier Eddie's Fury now is a joke, 5-6K (even with the new skill level upgraded), and the magic scaling wasn't added.
Pharaoh Dog King passive autohealing now works great!
LOL lvl 10 it's a little bit harder now, Game of Death seems the same although a little bit harder because of the new (and nerfed) Soldier Eddie's Fury
At least Acrid Smoke is not so useless now, I got a hit of 5k with true damage

Demoonchild
10-18-2016, 10:29 PM
Oh ****. :eek:

C'mon the 7xxx in special was clearly a mistake!!
I just want to try the new F'N Visions Eddie!!

Kaijester
10-18-2016, 10:30 PM
Cyborg Eddie no longer deal incredible damage with talisman nerf...time to play my Aces High instead.

hanZ
10-18-2016, 10:33 PM
this nerd amok killed the rest of fun in the game.

Kaijester
10-18-2016, 10:33 PM

-Kaz

I'm more concerned with Sacrifice and adding more character slot...a new character for me would mean that I need to delete a character that I wanted to keep.

hanZ
10-18-2016, 10:34 PM
this nerf amok killed the last fun in the game.

OpticSugar
10-18-2016, 10:34 PM
There was a bug previously where he had a base Special stat in the thousands (instead of the hundreds). We missed noting the fix to that in our patch updates; sorry about that.

...and here I thought that Rainmaker Eddie made it rain fury!

90mphyorker
10-18-2016, 10:40 PM
Well I can now no longer finish Game of Death on Madness without reviving.

My Soldier Eddie, his special hits like a wet kitten and my Warrior Child of the Damned has lost HP so he struggles to survive. Great. Least he still hits line a truck, though not as powerful as before.

So if our characters have been affected will the enemies you fight be afftected to? As it doesn't seem it from the few test battles I've done. Shit if we lose power and potecy but they stay the same.

Kaijester
10-18-2016, 10:45 PM
Maybe consider increase the set effect bonus?

For example our strength talisman set effect +15% can increase to 25%? That will help...

AppleJuice
10-18-2016, 10:47 PM
Well I can now no longer finish Game of Death on Madness without reviving.

My Soldier Eddie, his special hits like a wet kitten and my Warrior Child of the Damned has lost HP so he struggles to survive. Great. Least he still hits line a truck, though not as powerful as before.

So if our characters have been affected will the enemies you fight be afftected to? As it doesn't seem it from the few test battles I've done. Shit if we lose power and potecy but they stay the same.

I can totally relate man. Soldier Eddies fury is useless now, his basic attack does better damage.

AmBush-UK
10-18-2016, 10:50 PM
At least Acrid Smoke is not so useless now, I got a hit of 5k with true damage

Fekin Awesome ! ! I was unfortunate enough to get 6 of my Skill Shards dumped on that

Aristo4
10-18-2016, 10:51 PM
Cyborg Eddie no longer deal incredible damage with talisman nerf...time to play my Aces High instead.

Still hits for 9k minimum with beam, could be worse :P

Aristo4
10-18-2016, 10:56 PM
Just for the record, played number of the beast, Carriage's fury didn't stop the beast's transformation = death.

Reeb99
10-18-2016, 10:57 PM
Yeah, this update is just plain bad. I really have nothing nice to say about it. My troopers might as well dump me now, I'm done until they fix this mess.

Kaijester
10-18-2016, 11:11 PM
Umm...this is the fix. The game was supposed to be hard.

Qed
10-18-2016, 11:11 PM
I can still autoplay LoL X war, we'll se the others.

MrFreeze
10-18-2016, 11:15 PM
I've only been able to play a few rounds so far. Did the prisoner and game of death on madness a few times each. With my team of soldier Eddie, axis commander and warrior troll I was able to beat them in roughly the same amount of turns as before. Soldier eddies fury is pretty lame now. Better for the buffs than damage at this point. Warrior troll got a nice bonus. Pretty happy about that.
Even though I'm ok with the update I can't blame anyone for being over it. Most of us have been at end game for a long time now. It's pretty boring farming for nothing all the time. I'm looking forward to checking out the drop rates when I get the time. Hopefully it's an improvement.

AppleJuice
10-18-2016, 11:20 PM
I'm looking forward to checking out the drop rates when I get the time. Hopefully it's an improvement.
I can tell you from experience that the drop rates are indeed much much better :)

BillLion
10-18-2016, 11:26 PM
I can tell you from experience that the drop rates are indeed much much better :)

By far, my biggest bottleneck in endgame farming is the non-class 3* evo shards to get my talismans to 5*s.

I don't believe this rate was adjusted? Can devs confirm? Because we'll never be able to try out all these other talismans at the current (or hopefully former) drop rate.

hanZ
10-18-2016, 11:30 PM
Kaijestar: thats complete b...... why not remove all talismans and set all players HP to 1. well that's really hard than ... as it is supposed to. The point is: the game should be fun. But when Completely maximized toons (with skill shards, months of work for the perfect talisman setup) feel like wet toast in a battle, there's no fun at all.

I wanted to give the game a chance after the update, but it is WAY worse than ever expected. i suggest that the Devs and mods slap each other on the shoulders and congratulate themselves how pretty hard the game now is and we players just go elsewhere.

Kaijester
10-18-2016, 11:30 PM
Yes I'm trying to farm rainbow evo runes 3 stars too but no luck...anyone knows where to farm em? I've been trying madness underworld.

Mizrael
10-18-2016, 11:32 PM
Just for the record, played number of the beast, Carriage's fury didn't stop the beast's transformation = death.

Yeah! The beast is near impossible even with a maxed team. CR just pops like a balloon after the transformation,the beast heals to full...revive....the beast flew into the air and CR popped again...i'm going to bed. GN 10 ironites!was fun to flush you down the drain.

Aristo4
10-18-2016, 11:34 PM
Yes I'm trying to farm rainbow evo runes 3 stars too but no luck...anyone knows where to farm em? I've been trying madness underworld.

A guy I've seen on fb had 2 times x2 3* rainbows, last half hour on shadow of the valley/madness. Was always where I was getting them pre-update too.

bjrorgensen1982
10-18-2016, 11:38 PM
Oh man, the Strength(Fierce) Talisman got reduced to ATK +453 instead of +696

MrFreeze
10-18-2016, 11:39 PM

This is what I'm talking about. before the update I had decent luck with road to ruin and the prisoner on madness. They made it sound like better items would drop on later stages in the map now. I don't remember anything specific about 3 star runes being said though. How about a free gift of 99 of them for the unexpected talisman changes. A player gift of 99 skill shards would also be welcomed

sepsa
10-18-2016, 11:41 PM
...nice balanced update...

I can't farm anymore on auto Lord Of Light X, but who needs it, when you get only 4+K of gold; and 3* EvoRunes are dropping everywhere...

3* talisman upgrade runes are ultra rare now, but talismans are crap...

Kaijester
10-18-2016, 11:47 PM
10 characters

jakalope
10-18-2016, 11:50 PM
Was testing the Magus Allied Soldier’s reflect nerf and the previous bugs associated with this character still exist. Clicking on his ability removes all UI and can’t do anything. Have to manually exit out. Such a waste of sands…

90mphyorker
10-18-2016, 11:51 PM
From three plays of Shadows in the Valley on Madness I've already got two 3* Colourless Evo Shards and two 3* Rainbow Evo Runes, so the drop rate changes seen to be great. Not sure on the character changes yet. Doesn't seem as bad as people say but I can certanly see a difference. I'm surw it'll be fine and I'll get used to it and ultimately forget all about the changes.

Kraznoff
10-18-2016, 11:53 PM
How often are rare souls dropping in the dungeon now? Before I would get approximately 1 rare souls for every 80 sands of time. I'm asking because the only reason I play now is to get rare souls for future new characters and sacrifice, and if the drop rate is too low I'm going to take a break until after the sacrifice update comes out (early next year?).

Sparton_LOTB
10-18-2016, 11:53 PM
By far, my biggest bottleneck in endgame farming is the non-class 3* evo shards to get my talismans to 5*s.

I don't believe this rate was adjusted? Can devs confirm? Because we'll never be able to try out all these other talismans at the current (or hopefully former) drop rate.

As Aristo4 noted, they totally were! In fact, you get higher quantities in general in Underworld Madness in addition to the adjusted odds of getting them compared to before the tuning update. Just like the person Aristo4 said he saw, I even fluked out and got 4 3* colourless evo shards in a single battle a bit after maintenance.

It's still random, but in the long run you'll be earning way more 3 star evo runes over time than before (especially when seeking certain colours in earlier worlds).

Hypnos
10-18-2016, 11:56 PM
Marks still appear to heal when consumed

Kraznoff
10-18-2016, 11:58 PM
10 characters

I don't think I'm alone in saying I only play as much as I do because I can autofarm and do other things at the same time. There aren't enough rewards at end game to be worth your time actually having to play each level. Hopefully that'll change in the future, but right now that's the unfortunate truth.

MrFreeze
10-18-2016, 11:58 PM
So 3star colorless evo SHARDS are back in the campaign?! I thought I read they would still only be available in the LoL dungeons. That's great news if so

Kaijester
10-19-2016, 12:03 AM
Maxed base attack of Run To The Hills Eddie is 1757 while the rest of my attack base Eddies are around 700+...is that an error?

I guess running up a hill really train one well?

sepsa
10-19-2016, 12:10 AM
I don't think I'm alone in saying I only play as much as I do because I can autofarm and do other things at the same time. There aren't enough rewards at end game to be worth your time actually having to play each level. Hopefully that'll change in the future, but right now that's the unfortunate truth.

+1
:)

I have lots of 3* EVO before update, but i don't have good characters to level up...

MrFreeze
10-19-2016, 12:32 AM
I just got a 3* rainbow evo shard from the prisoner on madness. I guess they are back in the campaign. Great news, maybe I can finally start leveling up all these max 4* characters

Sparton_LOTB
10-19-2016, 12:41 AM
So 3star colorless evo SHARDS are back in the campaign?! I thought I read they would still only be available in the LoL dungeons. That's great news if so

The coloured ones (red, blue, yellow, etc) are still only in Lord of Light dungeons (or if you're lucky from secret locations). The colourless ones are indeed back in the campaign to help if that's your main pinch point (so you only need to worry about grinding the dungeons for specific colours).

That said, we also slightly boosted the odds of 3 star colourless evo shards in the dungeons in addition to making 3 star evo shards a bit more common, so we really do hope that the colourless part of the equation is no longer a major pinch point for players (and players have more options for getting them if it is).

Maxed base attack of Run To The Hills Eddie is 1757 while the rest of my attack base Eddies are around 700+...is that an error?

I guess running up a hill really train one well?

Yup; as noted in the (massive, sadly not-Ctrl+F-able) tables of character balancing, Run to the Hills Eddie got an Attack scaling increase. The starting Eddie got an HP scaling increase, though.

In general, we wanted to buff a lot of single-target attackers so they're more enticing to help make them more interesting choices compared to AoE attackers.

Aristo4
10-19-2016, 12:45 AM
Dunno what you guys have seen, but on shadows of the valley alone, in half sands I've got 2 assassin talis (had not 1 ever), 1 3* rainbow shard and 4 3*rainbow evorune already. This is huge dropwise.

Nicko
10-19-2016, 12:48 AM
I had mentioned over the weekend when I had the update I thought things seemed more balanced. There are winners (Warrior Troll) and losers (Corrupt General), but some of the challenge that went from playing a while came back largely due to the Talisman nerf

Combined with this new drop rate? Multiple 3* Rainbow runes in a drop?

I may be alone, and certainly feel the pain of those upset about the Talisman nerfs, but overall I'm liking this update!

BillLion
10-19-2016, 12:49 AM
As Aristo4 noted, they totally were! In fact, you get higher quantities in general in Underworld Madness in addition to the adjusted odds of getting them compared to before the tuning update. Just like the person Aristo4 said he saw, I even fluked out and got 4 3* colourless evo shards in a single battle a bit after maintenance.

It's still random, but in the long run you'll be earning way more 3 star evo runes over time than before (especially when seeking certain colours in earlier worlds).

Great to hear! So far my luck has been bad on them tonight, but good to know they'll be more readily available in general. Thank you for the response.

Aristo4
10-19-2016, 12:54 AM
I had mentioned over the weekend when I had the update I thought things seemed more balanced. There are winners (Warrior Troll) and losers (Corrupt General), but some of the challenge that went from playing a while came back largely due to the Talisman nerf

Combined with this new drop rate? Multiple 3* Rainbow runes in a drop?

I may be alone, and certainly feel the pain of those upset about the Talisman nerfs, but overall I'm liking this update!

You're not alone. I wouldn't classify the corrupt general as loser though. Played 4-5 strong ones on my usual places and still they stun and do bad damage

Demoonchild
10-19-2016, 12:55 AM
I really like this update.
It feels like playing a very solid game now, less inconsistences, chars more balanced, nice drops, and more fun...
Plenty of my chars have suffer a debuff, thats true but is the cost for a full better experience, a price that I will pay happy due to the good changes...
Just have play like 5 games but is sufficient to give my apreciation for the devs...
I play since the very begining, not a founder but really a pasionate gamer, I have lost a previous account so I know what Im talking about...

Congrats to the devs, is a first step, a nice one. Keep on the good work and listening to your players...

Cheers!!!!

OzzyRules
10-19-2016, 12:58 AM
I created this account just to make this post.

I have played and enjoyed this game from the start. I enjoyed it so much I have sunk over 1000.00 in it. I have played with crashes, lockouts, and the August update and still managed to have fun and do well in this game.

I have 51 5* characters and 49 4* characters. 54 mil in gold and 61000 trooper points and am currently at 49 stacks of souls (4 full stacks of rare souls.) Yes, I have played this game allot.

I agree this game could have been a little more difficult however, this is just ridiculous.

If the talismans that were nerfed were wrong from the start. Then they should have been fixed at least 2 months ago.

Yes, I can still complete most of the missions with the current update but it takes allot more time at higher lvls.

I know I haven't played for my normal extended time but the drop rates of 3* rainbow evo runes seems to be worse. This is the most important item in the game now due to the talisman nerf .

I took time to read this thread and saw that people that did have the update already stated there were problems with it and that it was a bit harsh. Now after playing with it for a while I have drawn a conclusion.

The game is no longer fun its more like work. The time I have spent playing this update was not enjoyable all the excitement of destroying thing is gone. its just not a game I would ever want to spend money on anymore or even play. I want to have fun not run the same mission over 100 time just to get 4 3* eve runes. All of the characters that I used to enjoy playing with now hit for cray and are so squishy its not worth playing them.

These nerfs were to make the game better but instead they have ruined the game for me.

I am sorry LOTB, it was fun while it lasted. But the game is just not worth my time any more and if I thought I could get a refund for the money I have wasted in this game I would.

Aristo4
10-19-2016, 12:59 AM
What demooooonchild he said ^^^^^

Also, sparton since you're monitoring this thread wanted to ask about people stuck on 0% progress on player level 99. Couple of delete/reinstalls as others mentioned elsewhere didn't help...any pointers?

MrFreeze
10-19-2016, 01:07 AM
Ran through 80 SoT on the prisoner madness
Notable drops: 6- 3* evo runes. 2- 3* evo shards and a thief talisman(onslaught)

Better than before where I'd be lucky to get 1 or 2 3* evo runes.

Aristo4
10-19-2016, 01:09 AM
Ran through 80 SoT on the prisoner madness
Notable drops: 6- 3* evo runes. 2- 3* evo shards and a thief talisman(onslaught)

Better than before where I'd be lucky to get 1 or 2 3* evo runes.

Yeap...not just better,great i'd say. Many were farming 2 weeks for 6 evo runes before.

Nicko
10-19-2016, 01:10 AM
You're not alone. I wouldn't classify the corrupt general as loser though. Played 4-5 strong ones on my usual places and still they stun and do bad damage

Agree. "Loser" just meaning his Stun took a serious hit. Still an awesome character

zamasu
10-19-2016, 01:40 AM
All I want to know is how (F'N) Visions Eddie doing!!? Is he beast he was supposed to be yet or is he still farming cows? Lol

Leo_ID
10-19-2016, 01:48 AM
First try to farm on my favorite farming location (game of death, madness), got 5* red rune. Not bad.

Demoonchild
10-19-2016, 01:48 AM
All I want to know is how (F'N) Visions Eddie doing!!? Is he beast he was supposed to be yet or is he still farming cows? Lol

Im just about to try him out, full Health....but the stats are pretty decent now

Kaijester
10-19-2016, 01:52 AM
Spent all my SoT in underworld madness, seen some talisman and good rune drops but no luck with 3 stars colorless evo runes.

Aristo4
10-19-2016, 01:56 AM
Spent all my SoT in underworld madness, seen some talisman and good rune drops but no luck with 3 stars colorless evo runes.

That's weird cause I've had 6 in the last 2 hours. Dunno, give it some time maybe? Cant be that good here and nothing there?
Off to bed its 5 AM ;)

zamasu
10-19-2016, 02:29 AM
Is there an extra level in SE fury? I remember I had all his skills maxed out but now he has lvl4 fury.

Kaijester
10-19-2016, 02:33 AM
Can the game team reconsider the SoT costs of Lord of Light dungeons since that it is much less rewarding in term of golds and Rare Souls? IMO 4,5 & 6 SoT would be better than the current 6,7 & 8 depending on tiers.

BillLion
10-19-2016, 02:36 AM
That's weird cause I've had 6 in the last 2 hours. Dunno, give it some time maybe? Cant be that good here and nothing there?
Off to bed its 5 AM ;)

I just played again for a bit and got two in one shot -that was nice!

Eagleknight
10-19-2016, 02:50 AM
Wow just completed blue lol X it seemed to take forever. Good news is I won bad news is for the amount of time it takes to beat it the rewards bite. 4K gold and some mats for vendor trash. I should have farmed this more before the update only have 34 3* blue evo shards.

Have played since the update went live. So far the game is ok for me (crashes allot). But think the game has been down graded to a once a day game. Once a day to use my troopers and wait until sacrifice comes out. Mabey when sacrifice and extra character slots are implemented I'll have a reason to be excited again.

I'm just not as excited to play it anymore. I'll give it a few more days, but I think I'll miss the fast paced play style too much and the extra time required to play does not seem to reward me enough.

Not quiting but not happy either.

Ps. No 3* rainbow runes in underworld so far. Still waiting for them to drop.

Esquatcho
10-19-2016, 02:55 AM
Got a couple of 3* evo runes on later stages of battlefield madness earlier today

Eagleknight
10-19-2016, 03:01 AM
Question on 3* evo runes. Are they only dropping in underworld madness? And what is the best one so far to farm? Number of the beast is barly beatable and I haven't seen any in my old favorite game of death. Am I trying I the wrong spot now?

Demoonchild
10-19-2016, 03:02 AM
This update revive some of mi benched chars real good...
Tailgunner Eddie is amazing now, The Mummy, Holy Smoke, even still F'N Visions Eddie...and other "dead" chars like the Assassin Axis undead or the Allied Bomber boy...(special mention to PDK now awesome passive)

LOL, it seems like Im the only one excited with this update!!

Vaseodin
10-19-2016, 03:04 AM
so far so good on this update. My mummy Eddie took a nearly 8k health hit, but at least he hits harder with his single damage attack. My sentinel Souless demons also took a big health hit and their damage output dropped significantly because of it. But overall, Ii feel the game is more balanced overall.

Kaijester
10-19-2016, 03:06 AM
I'm happier too as I am no longer bound by Time Rift for their enticing rewards, I'm back to checking out other characters...will be good to get some update on Sacrifice and new content.

Eagleknight
10-19-2016, 03:12 AM
This update revive some of mi benched chars real good...
Tailgunner Eddie is amazing now, The Mummy, Holy Smoke, even still F'N Visions Eddie...and other "dead" chars like the Assassin Axis undead or the Allied Bomber boy...

LOL, it seems like Im the only one excited with this update!!

Don't have tailgunner or holy smoke so don't know how they have been improved. But my soldier Eddie is close to getting benched his hits are blah now and I have had him one shotted twice already. I'm trying to be positive, pharaoh Eddie is still good for keeping a team alive but that just means I win by outlasting the other team. And I'm not a defensive player.

PsychoEddie
10-19-2016, 03:19 AM
:cool:Very well done with the update, this is obviously going in a great direction!

It's been great today, finished the campaign on madness level, got a sweet character for legendary, my teams are at where they were or better now as a result of balancing, sweet drops getting 2 talismans today ALREADY I hadn't gotten so far having only heard about them in this forum, battling is more interesting plus requiring some more skill I see and I appreciate very much, and the day is still young...woohoo :)

Thanks to all the LOTB people for moving all of this forward in a great way, tip o the hat to ya'll!

RobG-9641
10-19-2016, 03:20 AM
I noticed Soldier Eddie's gun now has Derek Riggs "R" logo etched into it. Nice touch! After all, it is his iconic artwork that has made Eddie & Iron Maiden so visually memorable...

Demoonchild
10-19-2016, 03:28 AM
Don't have tailgunner or holy smoke so don't know how they have been improved. But my soldier Eddie is close to getting benched his hits are blah now and I have had him one shotted twice already. I'm trying to be positive, pharaoh Eddie is still good for keeping a team alive but that just means I win by outlasting the other team. And I'm not a defensive player.

Eagle!! Holy Smoke Eddie is the default one!!!
Man, you have a great team, you can do better if you see things from other perspective...
I bench now Soldier Eddie, for the first time... I could be angry but Im happy because I can test other chars now, I just evolve SOL Eddie and he's great, my Tailgunner, the Troll, even my Gunner Dog are now interesting chars... Just give it a try ;)

Teresa Meeks
10-19-2016, 03:33 AM
So like I'm new with this game..this update going on...what is up...so many post that has me confused...my thing is with talismen. ..I just 5 starred my soldier eddie but had used the red talismen...now I'm wondering why he isn't as strong...what is the best to use now? Took forever to get to 5 star...I want him strong...can I get some help? Thanks...

Demoonchild
10-19-2016, 03:56 AM
So like I'm new with this game..this update going on...what is up...so many post that has me confused...my thing is with talismen. ..I just 5 starred my soldier eddie but had used the red talismen...now I'm wondering why he isn't as strong...what is the best to use now? Took forever to get to 5 star...I want him strong...can I get some help? Thanks...

Hi! Welcome Teresa! This update balanced the talismans stats, the red ones fierces and the green ones overwhelming. The stats for that talis went down from 696 to 453 atk (Fierce ones) and from 69xx Hp to 4527 Hp the green ones. So if your char uses some of them his attacks will be softer now and he will have less Hp.
This was doing just to balance things..
If you want to deal more damage, maximize your talis, and use skill shards.

Eagleknight
10-19-2016, 03:56 AM
Eagle!! Holy Smoke Eddie is the default one!!!
Man, you have a great team, you can do better if you see things from other perspective...
I bench now Soldier Eddie, for the first time... I could be angry but Im happy because I can test other chars now, I just evolve SOL Eddie and he's great, my Tailgunner, the Troll, even my Gunner Dog are now interesting chars... Just give it a try ;)

I think I must have sold him when I started and haven't got another.

I just got 2 3* rainbow evo runes from chains of misery.

I think I am looking at this wrong because of my situation. I have a ton of 5* lvl 50 tailismans already lvled and only need one thing in this game and that's 3* rainbow evo runes to lvl replacements. I got myself in a hole becaue I have to sell every thing I get right now. I can't even save souls any more. I find it hard to be excited to play when I have nothing to look forward to until sacrifice.

I have thought about trying to build a team to beat number of the beast again but don't want to waste the irons on it.

I liked when I woke up and couldn't wait to play but I don't have new toons to try out.

I see why some are happy about this some of the rare tailismans are dropping more (I got 2 assassin tailismans to drop). And the other material drops seem ok but I'm not really noticing them cause they go to the vendor.

I also think if I am spending along time beating a mission it should be worth it, what makes it apealing to even attempt
Lol X anymore. Souls drop less, half the gold, twice the time.

I really see how this could be better for some but for me it's more effort for less reward.

Just curious have you beat number of the beast without reviving? If so what team did you use?

thor777dsl
10-19-2016, 03:58 AM
Hi guys, I just signed into the site and finally found explenation about the game I'm in love and is driving me crazy since last summer. Thank you! However, I still didn't get what a "floor" supposed to be. When you say: "2 star coloured evo shards are more frequently dropped in floors 4-6"or "3 star coloured evo shards are substantially more frequently dropped on floor 10" a.s.o. Means what? A stage? Or the blue platform which turns in gold once you get all the 3 skulls. Some of the worlds, such as Ailing Kingdom for example doesn't have more then 7 floors or stages then?? I really would appreciate someone wants to clarify this to me. I want badly upgrade my Eddies from level 3 to level 4, I got stuck since two weeks already! Thanks in advance

zamasu
10-19-2016, 03:59 AM
So what's up with freezing talismans? I just played with 9 troopers (axis commander/blue allied soldier) and they freeze almost 90% of the time!

Anybody else ran wigh this issue? Or it was just "lucky" me?

Eagleknight
10-19-2016, 04:02 AM
So what's up with freezing talismans? I just played with 9 troopers (axis commander/blue allied soldier) and they freeze almost 90% of the time!

They might be using two sets of freeze tailismans. Check them out and see.

Demoonchild
10-19-2016, 04:04 AM
I think I must have sold him when I started and haven't got another.

I just got 2 3* rainbow evo runes from chains of misery.

I think I am looking at this wrong because of my situation. I have a ton of 5* lvl 50 tailismans already lvled and only need one thing in this game and that's 3* rainbow evo runes to lvl replacements. I got myself in a hole becaue I have to sell every thing I get right now. I can't even save souls any more. I find it hard to be excited to play when I have nothing to look forward to until sacrifice.

I have thought about trying to build a team to beat number of the beast again but don't want to waste the irons on it.

I liked when I woke up and couldn't wait to play but I don't have new toons to try out.

I see why some are happy about this some of the rare tailismans are dropping more (I got 2 assassin tailismans to drop). And the other material drops seem ok but I'm not really noticing them cause they go to the vendor.

I also think if I am spending along time beating a mission it should be worth it, what makes it apealing to even attempt
Lol X anymore. Souls drop less, half the gold, twice the time.

I really see how this could be better for some but for me it's more effort for less reward.

Just curious have you beat number of the beast without reviving? If so what team did you use?

I know what you feel Eagle, the game just get "small" for you.. you cant get more talis, souls, chars, shards, due to space and this take the willings to play away..
Im not really on replaying hard stages since the reward is just the same than easiest ones, but if I go to replay it I would use Axis Commander, Troll, Tailgunner and Carriage Rider Eddie or SoL Eddie.. not sure about win anyway...

Demoonchild
10-19-2016, 04:13 AM
Hi guys, I just signed into the site and finally found explenation about the game I'm in love and is driving me crazy since last summer. Thank you! However, I still didn't get what a "floor" supposed to be. When you say: "2 star coloured evo shards are more frequently dropped in floors 4-6"or "3 star coloured evo shards are substantially more frequently dropped on floor 10" a.s.o. Means what? A stage? Or the blue platform which turns in gold once you get all the 3 skulls. Some of the worlds, such as Ailing Kingdom for example doesn't have more then 7 floors or stages then?? I really would appreciate someone wants to clarify this to me. I want badly upgrade my Eddies from level 3 to level 4, I got stuck since two weeks already! Thanks in advance

Hi!! The stages from the Lord of Light Dungeon, the blue vortex with the "Time Rift" title besides Ailing Kingdom, it has ten stages from easiest to hardest, there you'll find your Evo shards...
Not sure if you must have a specific level to access to it....

dem0nlord
10-19-2016, 04:19 AM
So, what's the difference between overwhelming and mystical talismans now? Looks like overwhelming is exactly the same stats as what mystical was, but I don't know for sure what mystical is now. Possibly no difference at all? If so, that doesn't make much sense now does it?

Rattlehead
10-19-2016, 04:19 AM
Oh well.. So blue soldier deals shit damage now, soldier eddie is gimped as fuck now, so im stuck with 2 skill maxed out characters that cant deal decent damage... seriously Soldier's special is suck a crap move now plus they fucked up the flag animation (good job devs!) damage went from 13k to 2-3k ish because of the random crap nerf. This is disrespectful to all us players who arent interested in investing money on such ridiculous prices you offer... Game is full of bugs, asks for facebook approval everytime I join (yes.. I reported twice) and constantly freezes on loading screens and now you've fucked it up with your random nerfs. Shame on you devs, I havent gotten anything decent from my rare souls/legendary and when I decide to stick to the "best" non HQ characters out there you guys decide to fuck em up.

Done with this crappy game... Oh and btw drops on rifts are still shit, even shittier now getting 1000 coins or lv1 shards on a X level, give me a fucking break

Eagleknight
10-19-2016, 04:35 AM
Overwhelming is hp def att mystical is hp def mr

thor777dsl
10-19-2016, 04:38 AM
Hi!! The stages from the Lord of Light Dungeon, the blue vortex with the "Time Rift" title besides Ailing Kingdom, it has ten stages from easiest to hardest, there you'll find your Evo shards...
Not sure if you must have a specific level to access to it....

Thank you Demoonchild. No, I accessed to some of the floors already. So what about farming the worlds in the game? Is there still the chance to find evo shards as it was before?

jpmusic
10-19-2016, 04:53 AM
No luck here... Everything is the same as it was before:

Time Rift is supposed to give you Evo Shards -> you don't get any.

Why, why do you do this to us? :(

dem0nlord
10-19-2016, 05:06 AM
Overwhelming is hp def att mystical is hp def mr

That's a change for mystical too then isn't it? Everything I see says it used to be ATK instead of MR. That could be nice in a way, to pair them together and get some of both ATK and MR, except for ones like my crystal talismans that no longer drop making that now impossible.

hold
10-19-2016, 05:07 AM
80 SoT
- 1 3* Evo Rainbow Evo Rune
- 1 Assassin Talismans
- 1 Burn Talisman
Talis I can't update without evo runes...

Special location underworld hard (almost died at one point):
- 30000 gold
- 3 5* yellow shards ...
Great can't wait what's in for me in madness. 3 common souls?
All other secrets only trash.

Rainmaker is absolutely no fun anymore. Still does no magic damage in fury, marks still heal and he is too vulnerable. With the little damage he does he is a liability. Glad I did not waste any skill shards on him.

So instead of sorting out really annoying bugs we all got a slap in the face?

Hold on: Warrior Troll is usable now.

Eagleknight
10-19-2016, 05:12 AM
Not sure if it was a change on mystical and mr. But I looked at one and it's
Mr now. The only reason I see doing def and mr is if a skill use both of those, haven't seen that, or if you were using the purple set that is times def and mr but I think it takes 3 for a set. But it might be good in the future.

Kaijester
10-19-2016, 05:12 AM
Just spent ironites on a SoT refill, gotten a total of 4 3stars evo runes.

Eagleknight
10-19-2016, 05:20 AM
Just spent ironites on a SoT refill, gotten a total of 4 3stars evo runes.

Doesn't seem to be a better drop rate on them just a better chance to get more then one at a time. Only way to know for sure is to do like 200 missions and compare that data to the old data collected and subtract a percent for the extra time it takes to complete the same number of missions. To see if 3* evo runes are really dropping at a faster rate. I think time is something that has to be factored in can't go on strait numbers. But mabey we lucked out only time will tell.

Eagleknight
10-19-2016, 05:32 AM
Bomber boy marks seem to be healing the enemy.

hold
10-19-2016, 05:40 AM
Bomber boy marks seem to be healing the enemy.

And this is a known issue.

If you want to heal an enemy from in the red to full up do this: After Bomber Boy marks -> Axis Soldier Assassin basic attack and your enemy is as shiny as new ...

That's what I ment earlier ... instead of getting rid of really annoying bugs ...

hold
10-19-2016, 05:42 AM
Alchemist needed ...

I wish there would be an alchemist where I could rebrand some of my talismans for 10k gold or so. Some Health from Overwhelming -> Ward, Some Fierce to Safeguard ...

Everybody went fierce and Overwhelming - for obvious reasons ... this should have been fixed right at the beginning not after everyone spent so much time in developing them ...

Kaijester
10-19-2016, 05:51 AM
Note that I've encountered a game freeze which characters went idle with no option during the 3rd form of the Beast.

Also encountered inventory change not saved error.

vgta99
10-19-2016, 06:00 AM
I'm not very satisfied about this update, ok fierce and overhelming is balanced nice! but the fury of Soldier Eddie is like a normal attack, no good and very shitty...

Gold award is now 47XX in level X on Lord of Light dungeon instead of 104XX...

And I can't buy skillshard now...

It is not an update, it's a downgrade...

Eagleknight
10-19-2016, 06:20 AM
Permadeath doesn't seem to work on lol boss's.

I haven seen any tailisman effects that work on bosses either like freeze or blind.

No rare soul drops in rifts but to be fair I did not run as many as I usually do getting tired.

Mabey it's bad luck but only got 2 3* rainbow runes tonight. Will try again in the morning.

PsychoEddie
10-19-2016, 06:20 AM
Alchemist needed ...

I wish there would be an alchemist where I could rebrand some of my talismans for 10k gold or so. Some Health from Overwhelming -> Ward, Some Fierce to Safeguard ...

Everybody went fierce and Overwhelming - for obvious reasons ... this should have been fixed right at the beginning not after everyone spent so much time in developing them ...

NOT EVERYONE. In retrospect, you're realizing that the situation needed to fixed. It was obvious that it needed to be fixed but *almost* everyone went for it like it was the gold rush and did not consider what was obviously going to inevitably happen.

It was easy to avoid this issue for anyone who was considering how things would play out. Any characters or talismans/types that were far too good, so good that even skill-less players could kick ass and brag on and on here (or rage-quit when called out), were obviously going to be adjusted, and those same people are very very VERY pissed that they now have to actually think about the game while playing it and gain some skills or they're toast, especially in PvP.

Live and learn. In any online game that's new, check out which characters/buildings/addons are far too powerful. Then, instead of falling into those traps, look for the characters/buildings/addons that will become more powerful in relation when those far too powerful ones get knocked back....invest in those and you gain instead of lose.

(and of course, this same thing will happen after PvP goes on for a bit and then when the needed tunings happen in PvP will be another outcry here)

hold
10-19-2016, 06:38 AM
NOT EVERYONE. In retrospect, you're realizing that the situation needed to fixed. It was obvious that it needed to be fixed but *almost* everyone went for it like it was the gold rush and did not consider what was obviously going to inevitably happen.

It was easy to avoid this issue for anyone who was considering how things would play out. Any characters or talismans/types that were far too good, so good that even skill-less players could kick ass and brag on and on here (or rage-quit when called out), were obviously going to be adjusted, and those same people are very very VERY pissed that they now have to actually think about the game while playing it and gain some skills or they're toast, especially in PvP.

Live and learn. In any online game that's new, check out which characters/buildings/addons are far too powerful. Then, instead of falling into those traps, look for the characters/buildings/addons that will become more powerful in relation when those far too powerful ones get knocked back....invest in those and you gain instead of lose.

(and of course, this same thing will happen after PvP goes on for a bit and then when the needed tunings happen in PvP will be another outcry here)

I learn every day and will never stop learning. But for sure there isn't anything to learn from this game apart from that fixing real bugs is obviously not cool ...

Kaijester
10-19-2016, 06:39 AM
I must say that EducatedFool was not foolish and maxing his Speed of Light Eddie was an educated choice. Tried him and it is as good as Cyborg Eddie damage with more battle enhancing effects.

Sparton_LOTB
10-19-2016, 07:25 AM
Thank you everyone for your comments and suggestions. The team is really happy to see a positive reaction from many players, and we are still making note of criticisms to help refine the game further in subsequent updates. Up the irons!

Can the game team reconsider the SoT costs of Lord of Light dungeons since that it is much less rewarding in term of golds and Rare Souls? IMO 4,5 & 6 SoT would be better than the current 6,7 & 8 depending on tiers.

Part of what lets us be comfortable with adjusting the odds to the way it is is the total amount of attempts you can do with a full Sands of Time for the rewards it can give. While the gold and rare soul rate was lowered, the primary draw is supposed to be the evo shards (which yes, we do expect will take many battles to get enough to fully evolve one character). We also want to provide more varied options for Sands of Time costs so people with more or less time on their hands have options to be able to make their play sessions longer or shorter without needing to refill Sands of Time, if that's what they wish to do.

Question on 3* evo runes. Are they only dropping in underworld madness? And what is the best one so far to farm? Number of the beast is barly beatable and I haven't seen any in my old favorite game of death. Am I trying I the wrong spot now?

Battlefield Madness and Underworld Hard too.

You can double check what's the best drop for a given kind of item by using the Drop Info button (just be wary of the bug where it'll give you normal mode's drops if you're viewing it via the quest list screen).

osogaru
10-19-2016, 07:46 AM
Hi,

Well after some battles, I already have 2 3* evo shards (in Shadows of the Valley Madness) which is a good thing. thank you for that. And thank you for the change in Holy Smoke Eddie, now he's good !!

Hope (I say all the time the same thing sorry...) that the next update will be fixing all the crashes .. thank you.

osiris0000
10-19-2016, 08:18 AM
I have a question.. Pharaoh Sand Spirit (Sentinel one) got a quite good buff with the update about the stats, thanks for that. But why he have a one boring red talisman spot, since his both skills are scaled with only magic?!? And additional to that there is also 2 Green Talisman spots, since his skills nothing to do with scaling HP.. I can't see any logic with this, please consider to change Talisman spot colors in a supportive way. I have him as 5* lvl 100 now, and that useless red and green talisman spots ruins his usability. I don't think a 5* 100 level maxed talismans char supposed to make 1500-2000 k damage.. Being only able to add 3 magic talismans from 6 spots for a char that only scales with magic, is not fair

hold
10-19-2016, 08:39 AM
One trooper has a level 80 Newborn of Light (Assasin) that hits almost as hard as my Rainmaker (just basic attack). So I checked out if he did something special to him. To my surprise he only had 2 talismans out of 5 and no skill shards spent.

I'll head out now and buy a nice skirt for my Rainmaker with 6 level 50 talis (3 assassins shield // 2 strength fierce // 1 health mystical) ... he screams like a girl and hits like one ...

Esquatcho
10-19-2016, 08:39 AM
Anyone else notice that rainbow evo shards seems to be way more common in the regular maps than runes? I thought the intent was that the dungeons were for shards & regular maps for runes. But I seems to be getting more 3* rainbow shards in regular maps than in the dungeons now. Add to that, the money is better in regular maps now, then why would I need to venture into the dungeon?

Also, am still having difficulty finding 2* rainbow evo runes! lol

monkeyskeleton
10-19-2016, 08:42 AM
Anyone else notice that rainbow evo shards seems to be way more common in the regular maps than runes? I thought the intent was that the dungeons were for shards & regular maps for runes. But I seems to be getting more 3* rainbow shards in regular maps than in the dungeons now. Add to that, the money is better in regular maps now, then why would I need to venture into the dungeon?

Yea been getting quite some number of rainbow. Also just got a stack of 4 A*** on Road to ruin. Only had 1 A*** before.

Esquatcho
10-19-2016, 08:48 AM
Yea been getting quite some number of rainbow. Also just got a stack of 4 A*** on Road to ruin. Only had 1 A*** before.

Just for clarity, runes you mean? I've been getting nothing but shards! lol Maybe just luck of the draw. But a 4 stack is pretty nice! Assuming that was on madness?

Adrea
10-19-2016, 08:50 AM
Yay i have the update and is very hard!!!! nice !!
Good job devs

Esquatcho
10-19-2016, 08:51 AM
I'll head out now and buy a nice skirt for my Rainmaker with 6 level 50 talis (3 assassins shield // 2 strength fierce // 1 health mystical) ... he screams like a girl and hits like one ...

But his fury still kills it right? And you can do it every turn?

But has your rainmaker gotten worse you think? Because from the OP, it would seem he's only gotten buffs in the update.

hold
10-19-2016, 08:55 AM
But his fury still kills it right? And you can do it every turn?

But has your rainmaker gotten worse you think? Because from the OP, it would seem he's only gotten buffs in the update.

His special got nerfed big time and that is OKish (but CR almost has as much special as rainmaker now) - a fury every turn was way too much. If he gets it he does hit hard but no overkill. But it does mention he should do physical and magical damage and he does only physical at the moment.

But without that there is not much to like about him.

1. He has very low defences (def 70 / mr 70) and for a single hitter (all his attacks are single) he hits not hard enough to compensate that he is very fragile.
2. His marks are not usable right now as marks do heal the enemy sometimes ... so Rainmaker should be renamed in the "Friendly Nurse Eddie" ... :)

Right now I switched back to my CR as Rainmaker is a liability ...

hold
10-19-2016, 09:00 AM
I have to admit drops are much better now:

Another SoT and I got luckier this time: six A*** and two 3* rainbow shards ...

still a bit grumpy about the very bad drop in the secret locations ...

Kaijester
10-19-2016, 09:01 AM
Defeated the Beast again and for everyone info, he has been fixed and there's no way to stop him from changing his 3 forms...yes I knew 3 different methods and none of it works anymore. So beware. :D

monkeyskeleton
10-19-2016, 09:11 AM
Just for clarity, runes you mean? I've been getting nothing but shards! lol Maybe just luck of the draw. But a 4 stack is pretty nice! Assuming that was on madness?

Yeah Madness. And seem to get a 3* every other run or so on average. Nerfing talismans but will at least have a zillion lvl 100 when the day is over.

Ddrak
10-19-2016, 09:39 AM
Just downloaded the update and played 80 sands.
I was expecting a more serious nerf on Magus Allied Soldier (who still does a good job) while Soldier Eddie's Fury got a worse nerf I imagined (time to bench him and give a try to Carriage Rider) but overall seems a good update.

The only complaint is the skill "crumble" (Holy smoke Eddie/Gunner Voidling), its heal is really really weak, if it's not possible to fix it, at least rename it to a more accurate "smallish Band Aid" or something :)

Abnyway, thx devs.

eddiejose
10-19-2016, 09:58 AM
Wow, Speed Of Light got a great buff, his heal is amazing (24k to my Allied General), and pretty decent damage. I really like this update, the game seems more challenging and with the talisman tuning, there are many different options to try. Also, I haven't had any crash since I installed the update and the game runs pretty smooth now!

guddy
10-19-2016, 10:10 AM
Good work with this update! I think it really balances the game and makes it challenging again :)

I'm surprised by the huge buff my Prisoner got. Before it was hitting for 970 damage, but I kept him in the team for his utility (stun, passive disable, seal). Now he's does 2900 dmg, almost triple :o

I guess I'll give a try again to my dog of War, which now has a more reasonable health.

Overall, it looks like now you can have more team compositions than before and that's a good thing for the PvP coming

Esquatcho
10-19-2016, 10:23 AM
Yeah Madness. And seem to get a 3* every other run or so on average. Nerfing talismans but will at least have a zillion lvl 100 when the day is over.

I think the problem will probably be 2* evo runes ;)

Ringe666-7406
10-19-2016, 10:25 AM
Ok, my observations so far: first of all, droprates seem to be better (2 3* rainbow evo runes though, but some dudes had more luck with them, I had shitload last week). Rainbow evo shards 3* are there again in UM, and lots of them. 6 blue 3* rainbow evo shards on UM SL this morning and 3 3* rainbow evo shards on BM, plus 5 or more generally in UM. So far so good. Magus allied soldier doesn't seem bad as much as I expected, but I do not know about shield since I don't use it at all for a month or so. Axis Commander still can stun often, freezing talismans are of great help, and his mandatory Lower MR works great with allied soldier and Mummy Eddiee (and all magus chars, right?). Soldier Eddie went from hero to zero, from one of the most useful chars to back seat guy. Mummy Eddie's damage is rescaled, yes, but considering lowered HP on talismans, it is same as before, -15k HP in worst case, leaving it on 26-7k, plus basic 10k. Still decent, I am happy I started upgrading and using him 10 days ago. Now he has lot of skill shards and I got used to him, and got used to play without SE. And SoL Eddie now steals huge amounts of fury and deals more damage (although I would still put one, or even more probably two Health ward talismans, since he is still too fragile). Overall, really really good char, just a little weak to be main and too strong to be just support. I can still play Casted Die on madness and beat it with almost no effort, just need a little more time then before. Literally the only thing I feel sorry for is that lowered HP on my Mummy (and all other sentinels from other players).
Further, 3* runes and shards (the ones for leveling) on UM, really? Then, less talismans, but I actually got two Assassin talismans this morning, and I haven't seen them in a month or more. Hope it helped :D \m/

Kaz, Sparton, one thing - Pharaoh Eddie has higher basic HP and defense then Mummy, and F'n Vissions Eddies has higher HP and MR, so, is there any chance for Mummy to be #1 amongst them with some of these stats?

Esquatcho
10-19-2016, 10:29 AM
Part of what lets us be comfortable with adjusting the odds to the way it is is the total amount of attempts you can do with a full Sands of Time for the rewards it can give. While the gold and rare soul rate was lowered, the primary draw is supposed to be the evo shards (which yes, we do expect will take many battles to get enough to fully evolve one character). We also want to provide more varied options for Sands of Time costs so people with more or less time on their hands have options to be able to make their play sessions longer or shorter without needing to refill Sands of Time, if that's what they wish to do.

I get that, but what I'm personally finding is that I get better gold (for sands) and heaps of evos from the regular maps. So is the intent that you only are grinding LoLX just for the single colour evo shards 3*?

Kardas
10-19-2016, 11:18 AM
The return of the 3* colorless evo shard on Underworld Madness was a surprise for me.

Also, Rune drops are weird. One playthrough gave me 5 3* green (not evo!) runes. I still get 4* colored runes, but sometimes something like this happens

I do greatly enjoy the increased colorless 3* evo runs drops though

Arcturus
10-19-2016, 11:53 AM

This seems a little crazy to me. Yes, a few talismans were overpowered, and it was certainly possible, even likely, that they would get nerfed. But it was far from "obviously...inevitabl[e]", especially considering how long they've been in the game like that. Further, it seemed far more likely (unless you understood the programming error, like a poster a dozen or so pages back) that they would get somewhat nerfed, but not necessarily leveled w/r/t the other types in that class.

Also, who finds a powerful character in a game, and decides not to use them because it's too strong? How is that a smart strategy? Maybe (MAYBE) if you were able to get a ton of characters leveled and saw how much overpowered some were you might expect a nerf, but most players never had that deep of a bench, considering how difficult it is to upgrade chars/talismans.

For the record, I'm not too upset about the changes; a more balanced game is better. I just think this post is a little sanctimonious about expecting everyone to have the foresight to see how the dev's would handle these issues.

OpticSugar
10-19-2016, 12:57 PM
I noticed Soldier Eddie's gun now has Derek Riggs "R" logo etched into it. Nice touch! After all, it is his iconic artwork that has made Eddie & Iron Maiden so visually memorable...

that's a great nodd, as I am a huge fan of Derek Riggs... only thing is, he had nothing to do with the "A Matter Of Life And Death" album cover...

Baba-8301
10-19-2016, 01:11 PM
It's always the same pattern. Community finds an optimal strategy (eg, some talismans have a higher point budget than others or accuracy synergies really well with prof effect talismans), a tuning pass levels the playing field, there is a week or so of uproar then the next optimum strategy emerges until it in turn is squashed. If you think the moaning is bad now, just wait until pvp is released :)

OpticSugar
10-19-2016, 01:13 PM
I must say that EducatedFool was not foolish and maxing his Speed of Light Eddie was an educated choice. Tried him and it is as good as Cyborg Eddie damage with more battle enhancing effects.

Who's the fool now?

Aristo4
10-19-2016, 01:17 PM
Overall happy with the update, definitely in the right direction for me.
Even with all the nerfs, yes. We'll get used to the new balance between characters...and I find things not so tragic as others say.

The drops are so good I found myself upgrading my Troll to 5* in 4 sands (!), and spent around 2 million already upping some talismans ...not even 1 full day has gone by. With these rates, i'll have the runes to upgrade and will have to farm for gold lol :p

Frost
10-19-2016, 01:20 PM
Even with all the nerfs, yes. We'll get used to the new balance between characters...and I find things not so tragic as others say.

The drops are so good I found myself upgrading my Troll to 5* in 4 sands (!), and spent around 2 million already upping some talismans ...not even 1 full day has gone by. With these rates, i'll have the runes to upgrade and will have to farm for gold lol :p

Wich battle was this? UW Madness? BF Madness?

Ringe666-7406
10-19-2016, 01:22 PM

And you'll still lack skill shards :P

Aristo4
10-19-2016, 01:22 PM
Wich battle was this? UW Madness? BF Madness?

Shadows in the valley,underword madness...got this combo 3 times already. 3 times in total had 2x 3* rainbow runes, some others the 3* rainbow shards alone.

Aristo4
10-19-2016, 01:25 PM
And you'll still lack skill shards :P

Troopers will provide the skillshards, where to choose spending them its another more complicated story now :p

edit: one more time the same 2 runes, 1 shard drop as I was typing this ;)

Nekroliun
Shadows in the valley,underword madness...got this combo 3 times already. 3 times in total had 2x 3* rainbow runes, some others the 3* rainbow shards alone.

Wait a sec... so the drops are now op???

vgta99
Instead the nerfed fury of Soldier Eddie, I return my world about this update:

- No more 10k gold awards in lvl X Time rifts, but you can drop 5k gold on Madness Underworld for 5 SoT spends, pretty good deal.
- RNG for 3* evo runes is better with you could drop 2 or 4 stacks of them!
- The return of 3* evo shards in madness regular world is much apprecied with a great droprate.
- You can drop now assassin and thief Talisman.

So now I wil try to search Holy talismans to complete my SoL Eddie and Try to upgrade my Soldier Eddie with some Boost talismans to see how is he's fury with them...

Aristo4
10-19-2016, 01:27 PM
Wait a sec... so the drops are now op???

What you see in my previous pic happens often...you can decide what to call the drops, deadman :p

Nekroliun
10-19-2016, 01:28 PM
So wait... SOL is actually good now???

If so then the educated fool isnt that big of a fool...

Nekroliun
10-19-2016, 01:29 PM
What you see in my previous pic happens often...you can decide what to call the drops, deadman :p

Wait, only rainbow right?

vgta99
10-19-2016, 01:35 PM
Wait, only rainbow right?

Yes rainbow ;)

URock
10-19-2016, 01:46 PM
The drop rate of red 2* evo runes is the too low as before the update. How l9ng should it take to upgrade my red talismans? Weeks? Months? I'm off with this boring farming game...

angelkelly
10-19-2016, 02:03 PM
This update is very horrible and because of it I will no longer be playing this game as often as I use to. I have been a player of this game for a long time now, dedicating my time into making my characters that i thought were good...great. But after this update all of my hard work I put into my characters are now all worthless. And for that I'm extremely pissed and disappointed of how a good game turn into a hard difficult one that i can barely get through. Hope the talisman go back to how they were or increase a tad bit more then they currently stand at now because without it majority of my characters are garbage now. And i personally think the developer should have made these changes along time ago before the game was released because now for player like myself who have been playing this game from the beginning now have to get use to these heavy changes. And like someone said i would rather have a easy game then hard one. Because at least when the game was easy i was enjoying myself rather than wondering how im going to make it out of battles alive. Overall this game should have never been released like stated before and some my disagree with me but if you think about all the failures and mistakes this game have made over the course of time you will understand.

Frost
10-19-2016, 02:32 PM

Too bad I can't auto-farm that level anymore...

Ringe666-7406
10-19-2016, 02:38 PM
Too bad I can't auto-farm that level anymore...

Yeah, too bad you have to actually PLAY the game you like :P

Valgard
10-19-2016, 02:46 PM
I'm still shocked by the change to Magus Allied Soldier's Fearless ability to be based in Max HP, it doesn't make any sense. If that was the intention, why does he still have two blue talisman slots? Has anyone checked if the ability has actually changed, or it's just a copy-paste error in the text and the ability still uses Magic?

Ringe666-7406
10-19-2016, 02:47 PM
I'm still shocked by the change to Magus Allied Soldier's Fearless ability to be based in Max HP, it doesn't make any sense. If that was the intention, why does he still have two blue talisman slots? Has anyone checked if the ability has actually changed, or it's just a copy-paste error in the text and the ability still uses Magic?

I think it might be mistake, mine still hits hard af :D \m/

slauki
10-19-2016, 02:55 PM
i played some hours now and i think this update is a big step in the right direction. thing's are way more balanced, than they were before. the game is more challanging and much more interesting, because you have a big variaty of characters to choose from.
this will be very interesting when pvp arises. the droprates seems to be really good now, i will update my thread about the estimated dropchances, when i get enough numbers, but so far it seems that 3* evo rainbow runes drop about 20-25% of the time, which is great.
not to mention, that the 3* evo shards are back in the normal stages. this is an excelent move for many of us.

my only concerns are the rare souls and the skillshards. since it's not very attractive anymore to play the dungeon, i don't now how to get rare souls. it would be nice if sacrifice and daily challanges would be the next step, to gain more rare souls or skillshards.

for the people who complain because they have put months in evolving blue soldier and soldier eddie it's really bad. maybe it should be possible to get the skillshards back, if you sell your character or something like that?
even if your changes are right devs, i think the time that people put in this game should be respected. that's why i would like to ask you for a somewhat fair solution for the people who was hit hard with these changes.

that said i'm pretty happy to wait and see, what will come next. so far it seems that the game will get very good with if you keep the path, and i think you will :-)

Ancient Mariner
10-19-2016, 02:55 PM
it's funny how now it's raining 3* evo colorless shards in battlefield and underworld, way more than 3* evo runes xD
If it keeps going on this way i'll have loads of 5* characters with low talismans :o

maxdeviations
10-19-2016, 03:23 PM
i must say that from the initial reaction from the guys here - it seemed like the end of the world. but i m really liking the new update. great drops and makes all talismans relevant again. now only if we can get top characters as unlockables / rewards etc (rather than chance) .. that would level the playing field.

Cheers DEVS - YOU GUYS DONE IT RIGHT \m/

OpticSugar
10-19-2016, 03:27 PM
for the people who complain because they have put months in evolving blue soldier and soldier eddie it's really bad. maybe it should be possible to get the skillshards back, if you sell your character or something like that?
even if your changes are right devs, i think the time that people put in this game should be respected. that's why i would like to ask you for a somewhat fair solution for the people who was hit hard with these changes.

This is a very good suggestion. Perhaps if you sacrificed a character that had [let's say] 8 skill shards in him, if you could get a return of about 50% in skill shards (four skill shards), in addition to whatever else you would get for sacrificing him (rare souls?) I think that would be fair... They definitely need to account in some significant way for the skill shards invested into a sacrificed character.

OpticSugar
10-19-2016, 03:40 PM
I am definitely among those that are quite happy with the latest update. I am glad to see that the consensus is leaning to towards being happy with it as well. Whereas before it felt like there were only a handful of winning options to play the game (specific OP characters, fierce/overwhelming talismans, etc.)... now there are many more options that are viable. The ability for us to choose which character combinations to use for each unique situation that we might face has become a fantastic part of the gameplay - as opposed to mindlessly grinding with the same OP army over and over (if you were lucky enough to be blessed by such characters). There really is no question that this has become a much better game, and it may even become increasingly clear to us in the weeks that follow.

Great job so far - to all the people that have been working hard behind the scenes.

satani
10-19-2016, 03:44 PM
there are some plus and minus facts about the patch, here my review:

+ 3* evo runes (colorless) now dropping on Madness, too (or better, again)
+ red 3* runes now dropping
+ some character tunings (visions eddie)
+ removing pointless runes (warp, resistance, resilence)

- some character nerfs:
- extra turn on gunner dog is decreased? Still states 35%
- reduced stun effect of corrupt general
-/+ magus golden sun should return now with more health, i think it's still the same amount
- fierce/overwhelming talisman nerf (which results now in drastically lower attack/special-move values compared to mages)
- Soldier Eddie "Acid Smoke" effect still states to be Macic only damage
- thief talisman still only onslaught?

Aristo4
10-19-2016, 03:49 PM
What's with the big question marks on the shop? you all have it?

Qed
10-19-2016, 04:11 PM
Here's my quick review of the patch and some comment.
Overall I like it, tunings on talismans were necessary and very reasonable (complaining about that is nonsense), characters tuning went quite well, some are better now, some worse, but overall the situation is more balanced and this is what you want before the coming in of the arena. I have not tested enough to speak about the drop rates but it seems to me that now is easyer to understand where a specific drop is supposed to be and so the farm could be more accurate. About the difficulty of the game, due to the tuning of talismans the game is overall a little harder but nothing too serious, I can still autofarm level X on LoL and every map in the game aside The beast (which i couldn't autofarm before the patch anyway). The beast is much more difficult now and requires certain setups (and maxed characters) to win there and to state it clear there wasn't any need to this change, the players that can beat it don't give a shit anyway to play that level and this is just an useless wall against which the newcomers will crush.

Some things are not yet fixed: there are still plenty of text\translation problems on the non english versions, the stone talismans are still broken not giving the correct defence bonus (a thing known since July and written by many users here, pls devs read more), sometimes the game crashes anyway, the inventory was not fixed and with the new aboundance of trash 1* runes and shards you have to sell every few levels ecc...

Despite these problems, the game basically is how it should be on release, with 5 months delay. And during these months the people have betatested the game for free, helping devs in many ways (bugs testing and report, speaking about balancing issues ecc...) but now they are pretty done with the game until something new will happen. I was always on the side of "do the things slow and do them fine" but devs now have to admit that old player cannot stay here for other two months farming for no reason to beat nothing and achieve nothing they need to bring something new on the table quite soon if they want to keep the game alive. A couple of toons won't make it, you need another campaing or the pvp arena many are looking at. Playing now is pointless, but not for the nerfs or the tuning, they were fine and reasonable, it's a matter of lack of content.

dem0nlord
10-19-2016, 04:15 PM
- thief talisman still only onslaught?

I had thief bulwark drop twice in UW madness shadows in the valley.

Eagleknight
10-19-2016, 04:21 PM

Yea to bad that a feature of the game, auto play, is no longer viable. If you believe that people shouldn't be able to use auto play then it shouldn't be a feature in the game. By your logic.

Qed
10-19-2016, 04:26 PM
To ask to the players that completed the game 4 months ago to not autofarm is stupidy.

Sparton_LOTB
10-19-2016, 05:39 PM
Hope (I say all the time the same thing sorry...) that the next update will be fixing all the crashes .. thank you.

There were some character art optimizations that we were originally trying to get into the tuning update, but held back most of it due to a lack of time to thoroughly test them. Such optimizations should make it out in the next feature update (coming soonTM).

I have a question.. Pharaoh Sand Spirit (Sentinel one) got a quite good buff with the update about the stats, thanks for that. But why he have a one boring red talisman spot, since his both skills are scaled with only magic?!? And additional to that there is also 2 Green Talisman spots, since his skills nothing to do with scaling HP.. I can't see any logic with this, please consider to change Talisman spot colors in a supportive way.

That's a good point. We'll swap the red slot to a green one for a later update.

Keep in mind that there are some green talismans which give magic, even if they don't give as much as blue talismans. We don't want to only give talisman slots to characters for stats they scale off of; their class and what kinds of talisman set effects which can synergize with them is also a factor.

I get that, but what I'm personally finding is that I get better gold (for sands) and heaps of evos from the regular maps. So is the intent that you only are grinding LoLX just for the single colour evo shards 3*?

Dungeons are supposed to be about getting evo shards to evolve characters specifically (and the colour-specific nature also helps for lower-star ones for early and mid-game players). Secondarily they're helpful for getting more souls. The campaign is supposed to be the main source for gold, XP, and all things talisman-y.

The drop rate of red 2* evo runes is the too low as before the update. How l9ng should it take to upgrade my red talismans? Weeks? Months? I'm off with this boring farming game...

They're still possible to get in later worlds and difficulties, but if you want the best odds of finding those specifically, you'll want to switch to an earlier place to grind which shows 2 star evo runes in the Drop Info. Colourless evo runes are found in better qualities as you get further into the game; red evos are found in Ailing Kingdom and Battlefield (with best odds for 2 star evo runes in Hard difficulty).

Kaz, Sparton, one thing - Pharaoh Eddie has higher basic HP and defense then Mummy, and F'n Vissions Eddies has higher HP and MR, so, is there any chance for Mummy to be #1 amongst them with some of these stats?

While evolving characters to 5 stars will do wonders for characters' stats, we don't want to encroach too much on the value of natural 5 star characters. Mummy Eddie needed buffs because he was just too far below the curve before, but he still has some unique edges over his Sentinel Eddie peers, even if it isn't in the raw stat department.

Actually, his basic skill always scaled with Max HP, it just didn't communicate it.

However, it's still a magic attack, so it scales from Magic as well. Magic damage always scale with Magic, just like how physical damage always scale with Attack and true damage always scales with Attack and Magic. Whenever a skill says it scales damage off of a different stat, it means it scales off of that stat on top of the usual stat scaling that damage would have.

my only concerns are the rare souls and the skillshards. since it's not very attractive anymore to play the dungeon, i don't now how to get rare souls. it would be nice if sacrifice and daily challanges would be the next step, to gain more rare souls or skillshards.

The odds of rare souls have dropped from Lord of Light dungeons, yes, but it's still possible as a grindable source. Subsequent features will also introduce more ways to get Ironite so you can spend to refill and try and grind dungeons more (or to just get the souls directly from the store), and PVP will have it's own economies in parallel with the features currently in the game to get even more Ironite and souls (and skill shards).

Some things are not yet fixed: there are still plenty of text\translation problems on the non english versions,

If you can PM me and/or make a thread with examples, I'll happily look into fixing this. We're obviously challenged with a smaller team to fix things in languages we do not speak, but we can source getting retranslations for stuff that has problems/ensure we get translated things we've missed.

the stone talismans are still broken not giving the correct defence bonus (a thing known since July and written by many users here, pls devs read more),

I personally investigated that to see if I could fix it, but there's a coding issue that is making it apply the actual defense bonus while not communicating that when looking at the character stats. I even added that issue to the "known bugs" section at the end of the first post of this thread... :(

sometimes the game crashes anyway,

I note this earlier in this post I'm writing, but there's optimizations coming we couldn't finish testing in time for this tuning update.

the inventory was not fixed and with the new aboundance of trash 1* runes and shards you have to sell every few levels ecc...

We are still working on options for this (short-term solution of expanding inventory sizes and long-term solution of revamping that part of your inventory to avoid needing to sell), but we don't have a timeline yet, sadly.

Sithybaby
10-19-2016, 06:04 PM
So I finally got a chance to check things out, and the first thing I notice are skill ups missing from my Aces High Eddie. Considering that skill shards are the hardest thing to get, this is most definitely not cool.

Frost
10-19-2016, 06:16 PM

'Cause I'm rich and single and I don't have anything else to do so I can manually play all day long to farm like no tomorrow.

So if we are all supposed to "play" the game we like, what's the point of auto-play? Better remove it entirely.

BTW I found out how to farm UW Madness with F'n PDK... Just takes twice as long after the nerfs to SE and WDQ.

aur0ra85
10-19-2016, 06:20 PM
My initial thoughts on the update:
1. I can play on. My iOS phone, I cannot play on my iPad as it freezes at loading screen still
2. The drop rate of 3* runes is better, but I'll qualify that by saying it's still very mediocre.
3. I am reserving comment on the 3* evo shards, but the drop rate seems decent so far. I have a backlog of 3* coloured runes hundreds deep, this is going to be an insurmountable hill to clean out my inventory.
4. I am very disappointed on the thief talismans dropping everywhere, I know I am alone here, but I spent weeks farming them previously only for them to not be an exclusive rare drop. Which sucks for me I guess. ->that's two weeks of my life I'll never get back lol.
5. The premium character drop rate very clearly changed for the rare assassin/gunner souls (or was reset), and previously while peeking at my 6 rare souls banked I only had vendor trash ->after update, the same souls dropped some interesting characters including a rainmaker Eddie. These souls are still my primary game focus.
7. Regular rare souls were not reset/did not change
8. Many characters need buffs/changes still: the green and blue bats are prime examples as their talisman colours do not match their skill sets still. The green bat still suffers from AOE damage ->his HP isn't high enough to tank hits from the LOL. LOTS of characters still have awkward talisman sets. LOTS of small bugs that need to be fixed before PVP is on the radar.
9. I am extremely disappointed the talisman special effects for thief and energy were not fixed.
10. The buff to burning talismans is a home run.
11. I have no idea which deleted talismans I should be keeping ->sorting this is going to be an epic long project.
12. Upgrading a single talisman takes forever in terms of time exiting and reentering the my team screen. I've got hundred talismans to upgrade, a quality of life improvement/bug fix here would be fantastic.
13. I am going to be out of gold before the end of the week. Ouch lol.
14. I can still farm game of death on madness auto, which is awesome.
15. Number of the beast is crazy hard now lol.
16. I would rather not decide between skill shards and gunner/assassin souls, I need the souls for the best characters in the game, but I'm hurting by not buying skill shards. ->throw us a bone here please lol.
17. The HP nerf to red talismans I feel was unnecessary, I felt like the blue and purple talismans could have used an HP buff to match the red ones.
18. The green characters were probably hit the hardest with the nerf bat.
19. Lots of positives and bug fixes which is fantastic, looks like a long ways to go though still.

Overall I am happy.

Eagleknight
10-19-2016, 06:26 PM
Hello Sparton,

I do really appreciate the work y'all are doing with the game.

I know the plan was for pvp to be implemented soon but, to tell the truth for me it's hard to get excited about pvp when I can't even attempt to get new characters without selling 4* toons. What is the possibility of sacrifice comming before pvp.

Because the way the game is now i will have to keep selling characters just to be able to play. I don't know about others but now that it is even harder to acquire rare souls, it is even more painful to just sell them for gold and I have had to sell characters I would have like to try just because I have no space.

From what you have said in sacrifice you would turn in your dupes for tokens or something that can be traded for other items. If this is the way it will work. I would prefer to be able to turn my dupes in for the tokens now even if I wasn't able to use them until later. This way I would have space for new characters and not be wasting them on a very small amount of gold.

I know a large group of players are not having space issues but there are a number of us that are so encumbered that opening pvp will not be as important as having a way to deal with the lack of character space and duplicates.

aur0ra85
10-19-2016, 06:36 PM
20. I have not the slightest clue how I'm going to clean out my inventory of lower end items such as evo runes/runes/shards/evo shards.

I agree with eagle, it's not currently a game breaker for me, but the sacrifice feature or having the ability to at least trade in the dupes for tokens/trooper points would be a huge quality of life upgrade.

zamasu
10-19-2016, 06:50 PM
So I finally got a chance to check things out, and the first thing I notice are skill ups missing from my Aces High Eddie. Considering that skill shards are the hardest thing to get, this is most definitely not cool.

Yes I knew I was not crazy! I lost skill ups as well. in my Soldier Eddie and my regular Eddie. 4 skill shards!! to waste.

@Sparton Is there anything you can do about this? Is this related at the "skill switch" for certain characters?

The Educated fool
10-19-2016, 07:00 PM
Smokes, this thread has become f***ing War & Peace! lol :cool:

I am still farming Circle of Fire, as always, and the returns have been great so far... the first time it dropped a 3* Evo Shard and a pair of 3* Rainbow runes at the same time fairly blew my mind!

Who's the fool now?

So wait... SOL is actually good now???

If so then the educated fool isnt that big of a fool...

Fool (noun): a professional jester, formerly kept by a person of royal or noble rank for amusement

Now granted, no one is paying me... but still, these are the advantages of an education. Remember: not all jesters are kai! :cool:

... and SoL always was a baddass... he's just super mega ultra baddass now! (with cheese!) :cool: :cool:

zamasu
10-19-2016, 07:02 PM
Fool (noun): a professional jester, formerly kept by a person of royal or noble rank for amusement

Now granted, no one is paying me... but still, these are the advantages of an education. Remember: not all jesters are kai! :cool:

... and SoL always was a baddass... he's just super mega ultra baddass now! (with cheese!) :cool: :cool:

What kind of cheese?

The Educated fool
10-19-2016, 07:05 PM
Why, your favourite kind, of course! :cool:

Ringe666-7406
10-19-2016, 07:29 PM
'Cause I'm rich and single and I don't have anything else to do so I can manually play all day long to farm like no tomorrow.

So if we are all supposed to "play" the game we like, what's the point of auto-play? Better remove it entirely.

BTW I found out how to farm UW Madness with F'n PDK... Just takes twice as long after the nerfs to SE and WDQ.

Excuse me (both you, and Eagleknight as well) i am fuckin poor, i fuckin study, i fuckin work and I have a girlfriend, and yet I find time to play, and never autoplay, because in all these farming it is the only joy I have left from this game... Plus I said it ironically, with all that ':P' in the end... Butthurts... All five of my main chars are nerfed, 5 of my 6 5*... And so what... Lets all kill ourselves aaaaaaaaaaa... Prick

Aristo4
10-19-2016, 07:33 PM
Frost's first sentence was ironically said also, relax.

Nekroliun
10-19-2016, 07:35 PM
Excuse me (both you, and Eagleknight as well) i am fuckin poor, i fuckin study, i fuckin work and I have a girlfriend, and yet I find time to play, and never autoplay, because in all these farming it is the only joy I have left from this game... Plus I said it ironically, with all that ':P' in the end... Butthurts... All five of my main chars are nerfed, 5 of my 6 5*... And so what... Lets all kill ourselves aaaaaaaaaaa... Prick

I agree, my life is pretty shit too ringe, your not alone, but i play 5 different games at the same time, how? I dont really know how... but i do put alot of time into each one, but yeah... that has costs...

zamasu
10-19-2016, 07:56 PM
I agree, my life is pretty shit too ringe, your not alone, but i play 5 different games at the same time, how? I dont really know how... but i do put alot of time into each one, but yeah... that has costs...

maybe that's why you get grounded and sh!t taken away from you lol. Spend time on what really matter! life lesson

Ringe666-7406
10-19-2016, 08:05 PM
I don't say my life is a shit... I'm satisfied, but what's the point in calling me out because of nerfs and not being able to autoplay? Play manually for a few days, use this enhanced drop rates to strengthen up your char and get back to auto play, is that so hard? The ones who doesn't like all this are free to find someone else to be a scapegoat... I was first against all this nerfs but now what? Devs don't do as we say so lets slay each other, right? Just find the smallest thing in this and use it as excuse to be happy (not you :P(I mean, yes, and you, all of us)), don't just point fingers and yell... What is done is done... That's all... There was no hard feelings meant in the first post at all... Just wanted to point all this out in a funny way, but I guess not everyone can understand it...

The Educated fool
10-19-2016, 08:05 PM
I agree, my life is pretty shit

Maybe... try jumping off less rooftops? :cool:

Eagleknight
10-19-2016, 08:39 PM
I jumped off the roof top... But it wasn't high enough. Right before I attempted the jump the roof got hit by a massive nerf bat. So I just sprained an ankle.

The Educated fool
10-19-2016, 08:42 PM
Lucky break... er... sprain! :p :cool:

Sparton_LOTB
10-19-2016, 08:50 PM
I know the plan was for pvp to be implemented soon but, to tell the truth for me it's hard to get excited about pvp when I can't even attempt to get new characters without selling 4* toons. What is the possibility of sacrifice comming before pvp.

Well, shit. I know Sacrifice is the intended solution to dupes, but I hadn't realized under the current inventory limits were causing problems even if you were selling everything but 4 and 5 star characters.

While I don't know if we can accelerate Sacrifice specifically, I'll do my damndest to at least get an interim solution out to help you and others who're at the limits of the inventory system.

Yes I knew I was not crazy! I lost skill ups as well. in my Soldier Eddie and my regular Eddie. 4 skill shards!! to waste.

@Sparton Is there anything you can do about this? Is this related at the "skill switch" for certain characters?

Hm, it probably is. I'm pinging our QA to investigate.

If you know you had skill ups invested in said characters before the update and you do not have the same amount of levels on skills, please send a message to support via the in-game option and tell them the character who lost skill levels (and what skill it was for/is in that slot now) and we can do what we can to correct that.

OpticSugar
10-19-2016, 08:57 PM
While we're on the topic of sacrifice, I'd like to offer up a suggestion:

The last we heard about how sacrifice will work, it seems that: skill shards invested in sacrificed characters are not currently being considered. I think this needs to be looked at. The sacrifice feature could be a great way to get a little bit of RoI (return on investment) for skill shards if you are in the situation that many people currently find themselves in where some tuning adjustments made their once prized character not so desirable and they are feeling cheated that they invested a large amount of skill shards on them. I recommend that if a character that has been skill sharded is sacrificed, in addition to whatever you would normally get for that character - you should also get 50% of the skill shards back in your inventory.

This is only fair, and is a great way to ease the pain of people that have made some misguided decisions due to unforseen character balancing changes (aka "Nerf Bat").

Below are some quotes from KAZ for reference:

With some of the new tuning updates and modes (especially daily challenges), you will have more opportunities to earn rare characters. In terms of the drop rates themselves, the repeats at each tier are mainly a result of the amount of content in the game, which we are currently in the process of expanding. We also have a feature in the works called "Sacrifice", which will allow you to make use of duplicate characters to earn rare rewards, including Legendary Souls, giving you even more opportunities to obtain high tier characters.

-Kaz
The current plan is that higher star and level characters will gain you more from Sacrifice than lower star and level characters. So both the Star Tier AND Level will matter.

-Kaz

Vertax616
10-19-2016, 08:59 PM
I really like this update, the game feels more balanced and stable. Sure there are some huge nerfs but I was aware of the talisman and rainmaker eddie nerf before this update. My guess is Roadhouse haven't touched these issues because they knew about their departure. I am glad that Nodding Frog is doing what is right for the game.

There is a big change regarding drop rates, they are improved a lot. Now we know where to look for to find what we need.

About the autoplay: In my opinion autoplay is needed but playing only by autoplay is...boring. The game becomes an incremental game such as "Cookie Clicker". It takes away the strategy factor from the game. Sure, the game became harder with the update but I welcome this change.

Thank you Sparton, Kaz and all the people behind the scene in Nodding Frog! This is the right direction in my opinion. I really appreciate that Sparton is reading this huge thread and responding the questions. Looking forward to see new content!

BillLion
10-19-2016, 09:04 PM

My big concern. Where do we get rare souls now? The drop rates don't justify paying 75 irons and the dungeons now simply don't drop them...at least in any meaningful way

Sparton_LOTB
10-19-2016, 09:10 PM
While we're on the topic of sacrifice, I'd like to offer up a suggestion:

The last we heard about how sacrifice will work, it seems that: skill shards invested in sacrificed characters are not currently being considered. I think this needs to be looked at. The sacrifice feature could be a great way to get a little bit of RoI (return on investment) for skill shards if you are in the situation that many people currently find themselves in where some tuning adjustments made their once prized character not so desirable and they are feeling cheated that they invested a large amount of skill shards on them. I recommend that if a character that has been skill sharded is sacrificed, in addition to whatever you would normally get for that character - you should also get 50% of the skill shards back in your inventory.

This is only fair, and is a great way to ease the pain of people that have made some misguided decisions due to unforseen character balancing changes (aka "Nerf Bat").

Yeah, I was actually talking to Kaz about this earlier. We agree with you that skill shard investment should also be a factor in determining sacrifice value/rewards, but we're not sure what's the best way to do that yet.

Aristo4
10-19-2016, 09:11 PM
The last we heard about how sacrifice will work, it seems that: skill shards invested in sacrificed characters are not currently being considered.

Also on topic with my m8, the OpticSugar...we'd like to know if the incoming 'sacrifice' will be just and only about duplicate characters or any random character as well?

Edit: sparton partially replied :p

Eagleknight
10-19-2016, 09:26 PM
Well, shit. I know Sacrifice is the intended solution to dupes, but I hadn't realized under the current inventory limits were causing problems even if you were selling everything but 4 and 5 star characters.

While I don't know if we can accelerate Sacrifice specifically, I'll do my damndest to at least get an interim solution out to help you and others who're at the limits of the inventory system..

Thank you Sparton. This would be a great help and bring some excitement back. I would be happy even if
It wasn't the full sacrifice update, just some way to be able to open some souls. Thanks again.

Ringe666-7406
10-19-2016, 09:28 PM
I agree with Optic, skill shards are now the only thing that is coming slow, and they went wrong chars pretty quickly... And yet they do mean a lot... Now when I look where some of them went in my team, I would bite my ass off, but, oh well... It would really be too much to get easy them, talismans and evo shards all at the same time :D

Monte47
10-19-2016, 10:39 PM
Thanks for the update. I appreciate that you are trying to make the game better, and while some things are frustrating, having you keep us up to date and communicating with us is great. Thank you.

As for the update, I'm not noticing weaker characters, neither in my own, nor in ones I borrow. I am very grateful for the bigger drop in 3* evo shards, as not being able to evolve was my biggest frustration.

I do hope the other worlds open up soon as I'm pretty well stuck now in repeat except for farming.

Thanks again!
Eskiggalu8063

Monte47
10-19-2016, 10:48 PM

Mine freeze almost every time on some levels, then not at all on others.

XcarecroW
10-20-2016, 12:28 AM

While I don't know if we can accelerate Sacrifice specifically, I'll do my damndest to at least get an interim solution out to help you and others who're at the limits of the inventory system.

Please do something, pleeeease! Everytime the game tells me i have 1 soul over the limit i have to open a stack of souls and sell the 99 chars straight. Increase the slot limits, would that be so hard to implement? Like 500 slots limit? Would that have really an impact internally? I mean, not everyone would use the slots, only who really needs it.

Qed
10-20-2016, 10:47 AM
BTW the talismans bug is here again, I evolved some talismans and, three in a row, after closing and relaunching the app all the changes were reverted, talismans were down to 1* and the materials (and the gold) back in the inventory.
C'mon guys, you fixed this in the previous patch, how the hell did you reintroduced it again? -.-'

Kaijester
10-20-2016, 10:51 AM
Yup I'm getting this talisman bug too.

vgta99
10-20-2016, 11:50 AM
Yup I'm getting this talisman bug too.

Same bug Here

Painkiller
10-20-2016, 12:22 PM
Not only talisman bug, also evolving character. Happend to Blue Allied Soldier, from 4 to 5 *.
After finished upping his lvl and talismans, everything went back to the begining. Workaround is to do everything in steps, upgrade something, exit team screen, go back, repeat for talismans ...

Esquatcho
10-20-2016, 12:26 PM
I've always had that bug :/ Just slower having to click back to cosmos each step

Qed
10-20-2016, 12:36 PM
Also toons? Here we go again...
I can't believe it.

MuadDib-7367
10-20-2016, 12:58 PM
When is the trooper store bug going to be fixed? I have 29k badges and can't purchase anything. I tried all the 'workarounds' and still get "Your purchase failed, please try again" error.

macmar
10-20-2016, 01:05 PM
Blue 4-5* runes.
Well... I tried to read a comment that talks about this but I didn't found any... just one question... if the number of stars depends on the lvl of the mission that we are playing... it's now waaaaaay hard to get a high star lvl blue rune??? because only in Ailing Kingdom and Kingdom of the Sands are supposed to drop blue runes, and there are no levels that cost 5 energy, also... I have seen that those lvls (maybe only for me) drop a lot of talismans instead of runes, so... now I have a lot of talismans (because of playing Ailing Kingdom and Kingdom of the Sands), and a bunch of Yellow/Purple runes because I looked for Blue ones in undergrownd madness... is it supposed to be that way??? just to know...

P.S. sorry if anything sounds weird jaja I'm from Mexico and... english, just like game language in english... I'm not that good.

Gilgameth
10-20-2016, 01:57 PM
Not only talisman bug, also evolving character. Happend to Blue Allied Soldier, from 4 to 5 *.
After finished upping his lvl and talismans, everything went back to the begining. Workaround is to do everything in steps, upgrade something, exit team screen, go back, repeat for talismans ...

I know those dance steps all too well. I had to figure out how to avoid it the hard way, bouncing the app over and over again like a mental until I realized I had to just burn runes and shards one at a time, backing out to map, rinse and repeat. Stability and overall balance are the coolest new features I am waiting for on any upcoming update. Love this game, but it is getting increasingly difficult to even do character maintenance let alone the gameplay effort for nearly useless drops. Waaaaaaaa😭 Yeah, I'm whining, yup, sure am.😬

slauki
10-20-2016, 02:24 PM
dear sparton, dear kaz,

as i mentioned before, i really like most of the changes since the update. but i have a feeling that playing the dungeon isn't a good option anymore. i bet your numbers will show the same result, because many players now refuse to play the dungeons. the gold is reduced and the rare souls too. in the last two months many players got enough 3* coloured runes to evolve plenty characters of every type, so why should they spend 8 SOT for gaining something that they could recieve in the campaign? i don't think that earning a rare soul 2-3% of the time is enough to justify the dungeon. it has lost his usefulness. maybe if you change the drops and add some rare assassin/gunner sould or even some skillshards 1% of the time many players will swich back to grinding the dungeon. at the moment this is a unnecessary feature for the most of the players i think...

anyway i guess, that you will see that too in the next time and make some smart adjustments. :-)

cheers and keep up the good work!

MuadDib-7367
10-20-2016, 03:56 PM
dear sparton, dear kaz,

as i mentioned before, i really like most of the changes since the update. but i have a feeling that playing the dungeon isn't a good option anymore. i bet your numbers will show the same result, because many players now refuse to play the dungeons. the gold is reduced and the rare souls too. in the last two months many players got enough 3* coloured runes to evolve plenty characters of every type, so why should they spend 8 SOT for gaining something that they could recieve in the campaign? i don't think that earning a rare soul 2-3% of the time is enough to justify the dungeon. it has lost his usefulness. maybe if you change the drops and add some rare assassin/gunner sould or even some skillshards 1% of the time many players will swich back to grinding the dungeon. at the moment this is a unnecessary feature for the most of the players i think...

anyway i guess, that you will see that too in the next time and make some smart adjustments. :-)

cheers and keep up the good work!

Totally agree with this. Until new characters are introduced, most day 1 players (both FTP and PTP) have no current reason to play the dungeons. The current focus is on leveling talisman and identifying post-update OP characters.

BillLion
10-20-2016, 04:04 PM
Totally agree with this. Until new characters are introduced, most day 1 players (both FTP and PTP) have no current reason to play the dungeons. The current focus is on leveling talisman and identifying post-update OP characters.

Agreed. I'll prob just play enough to use all my troopers for now until there's some new content. May not use all my daily SOT and def won't use ironite for SOT refills for now.

Yeah pulls from rare souls have not been great for me lately, but the potential of a new character was at least motivating.

Sparton_LOTB
10-20-2016, 05:56 PM
BTW the talismans bug is here again, I evolved some talismans and, three in a row, after closing and relaunching the app all the changes were reverted, talismans were down to 1* and the materials (and the gold) back in the inventory.
C'mon guys, you fixed this in the previous patch, how the hell did you reintroduced it again? -.-'

Whatever we did I think reduced some ways of it happening, but this is something else that has been puzzling us. One of our programmers has this as a high priority task, but every time me and Kaz try to reproduce it for him in a way where he can see what's going wrong in the code, it works fine...

One of those terrible cases where when you think it'll happen it won't, and if you aren't thinking about it it catches you unawares. We'll let you guys know if we make any progress on this.

Blue 4-5* runes.
Well... I tried to read a comment that talks about this but I didn't found any... just one question... if the number of stars depends on the lvl of the mission that we are playing... it's now waaaaaay hard to get a high star lvl blue rune??? because only in Ailing Kingdom and Kingdom of the Sands are supposed to drop blue runes, and there are no levels that cost 5 energy, also... I have seen that those lvls (maybe only for me) drop a lot of talismans instead of runes, so... now I have a lot of talismans (because of playing Ailing Kingdom and Kingdom of the Sands), and a bunch of Yellow/Purple runes because I looked for Blue ones in undergrownd madness... is it supposed to be that way??? just to know...

We changed where evo shards and evo runes drop in the campaign so each world focuses on just two colours. That does mean you'll need to go back to Ailing Kingdom or Kingdom of the Sands, but the odds of getting 3 star evo runes there are as high (if not higher) than getting 3 star evo runes in Underworld Madness, which is higher than the odds of getting 3 star evo runes in general before the tuning update, even though it only costs 4 energy per battle in those earlier worlds.

but i have a feeling that playing the dungeon isn't a good option anymore. i bet your numbers will show the same result, because many players now refuse to play the dungeons. the gold is reduced and the rare souls too. in the last two months many players got enough 3* coloured runes to evolve plenty characters of every type, so why should they spend 8 SOT for gaining something that they could recieve in the campaign? i don't think that earning a rare soul 2-3% of the time is enough to justify the dungeon. it has lost his usefulness. maybe if you change the drops and add some rare assassin/gunner sould or even some skillshards 1% of the time many players will swich back to grinding the dungeon. at the moment this is a unnecessary feature for the most of the players i think...

We still need more real-world time to see how play patterns eventually do shake out, but nothing indicates that the usage of the Time Rift across the playerbase has changed as dramatically as you might think (in fact, yesterday was only slightly below average... which is expected with most of the important reward changes being in the campaign). We do have plans for something unqiue we want to add to the Time Rift in the mid term, but it still serves an important use for players at different lifecycles right now.

zamasu
10-20-2016, 06:17 PM
When is the trooper store bug going to be fixed? I have 29k badges and can't purchase anything. I tried all the 'workarounds' and still get "Your purchase failed, please try again" error.

Have you tried clearing up your shards inventory? I had the same problem as you for weeks. For some reason having an inventory full (shards/runes) prevents you from purchasing souls and skill shards in the store. try selling a few stacks

MuadDib-7367
10-20-2016, 06:35 PM
Have you tried clearing up your shards inventory? I had the same problem as you for weeks. For some reason having an inventory full (shards/runes) prevents you from purchasing souls and skill shards in the store. try selling a few stacks

I've tried selling runes and shards and maybe 25% of the time I can purchase a skill shard (no rhyme or reason I could see), but I've haven't been able to purchases any character souls for weeks. I only have 98/100 character slots filled so that can't be the issue. It is forcing me to save trooper badges, which in the short term is probably a good thing, but I don't want to be unable to use trooper badges when new content arrives.

zamasu
10-20-2016, 06:41 PM
I've tried selling runes and shards and maybe 25% of the time I can purchase a skill shard (no rhyme or reason I could see), but I've haven't been able to purchases any character souls for weeks. I only have 98/100 character slots filled so that can't be the issue. It is forcing me to save trooper badges, which in the short term is probably a good thing, but I don't want to be unable to use trooper badges when new content arrives.

Do you sell individual items or stacks of them?

OpticSugar
10-20-2016, 06:44 PM
Yeah, you have to clear an entire stack. It's VERY misleading because it tells you that you are "1 shard(s) over the limit" when it really means "1 shard stack over the limit". I usually look for a stack with only a couple of shards in it that I don't need (like one star non-evo shards) and sell that whole stack. It's a pain in the ass and probably my least favorite chore in the game. I posted a bitter rant thread about this a while back.

Eagleknight
10-20-2016, 07:25 PM
Has any one else noticed how confusing 1* tailismans can be, because they only show one stat. It would be really easy especially by a new player to lvl the wrong tailisman type. Is it only me or does anyone else think this could be a problem?

RCarter
10-20-2016, 07:29 PM
Yep, I thought that too.

OpticSugar
10-20-2016, 07:35 PM
Has any one else noticed how confusing 1* tailismans can be, because they only show one stat. It would be really easy especially by a new player to lvl the wrong tailisman type. Is it only me or does anyone else think this could be a problem?

Perhaps they should show all the potential stats for 1 & 2 star talismans, and just ghost out the ones that aren't active at that level... Boom! problem solved.

slauki
10-20-2016, 07:40 PM
Perhaps they should show all the potential stats for 1 & 2 star talismans, and just ghost out the ones that aren't active at that level... Boom! problem solved.

perfect solution. indeed this is very confusing....

angelkelly
10-20-2016, 07:41 PM
So I'm trying to get use to this update. But everytime I try to find ways to like it. I always find something wrong with it. For instance you guys took away alot of strength and health from characters making them weak and useless. Like my gunner Eddie who now has a special or fury that hits weaker then
his basic attack. Another thing is the tuning update you guys did to make the game more balanced. Is way off from balanced especially when you never give players skill shards to max out there character full potentinal. Making them useless and worthless. Like come on guys at least before my characters barely need a skill shard to excel. But now i just have a bunch of 5* characters who hits like a 2 year old child. With 1 skill unlock because of how non existence the skill drop is.

Eagleknight
10-20-2016, 08:03 PM
So I'm trying to get use to this update. But everytime I try to find ways to like it. I always find something wrong with it. For instance you guys took away alot of strength and health from characters making them weak and useless. Like my gunner Eddie who now has a special or fury that hits weaker then
his basic attack. Another thing is the tuning update you guys did to make the game more balanced. Is way off from balanced especially when you never give players skill shards to max out there character full potentinal. Making them useless and worthless. Like come on guys at least before my characters barely need a skill shard to excel. But now i just have a bunch of 5* characters who hits like a 2 year old child. With 1 skill unlock because of how non existence the skill drop is.

I'm not so concerned with the skill shards not dropping for me they never had. Espessially after this update I am very warry about using skilshards. A toon would have to be exceptional to put a skillshard on, but then it would get nerfed. What concerns me is how worthless the effect giving tailismans are.

They don't work on bosses.
They never seem to proc.
I made a set of freeze tailismans last night ( even though I was warned not to) I put them on CR just to test and they don't seem to proc ever. Each tailisman costs over 1 mill to make not to mention the mats needed.

I'm not seeing how this help me choose an effect tailisman over strait damage one.

I do see that using a ward can be better then a overwhelming now, but there is no real bennificial reason to use sorcery or and strait support stat tailismans right now. The reduced damage of almost all characters forces the use of a tailisman that has at least some hp on it. Other wise most toons have problems surviving one round of combat.

This update did allow for a choice between certain tailismans but it also caused some to be less appealing then before.

The update has been out for a bit, am I wrong about the tailismans? If so please explain why.

Witkacy
10-20-2016, 08:30 PM

Eagle :)

That's right - but if you evolve one particular talisman - it will show you more stats - if I know exactly what I am lookin' for - am not going for statistics (as I have already couple of any type levelled in my inventory or applied to chars already, and always can look there if I am not certain of something) but for names... But agree for the people who not play long enough to memorize sorts of talismans and what they up to - it can lead to misleads...

OpticSugar
10-20-2016, 08:32 PM
We were all n00bs at one point, and this is definitely a n00b trap.

The Educated fool
10-20-2016, 08:34 PM
I've got the level 40 skilled talismans to prove it... :cool:

Aristo4
10-20-2016, 08:35 PM
I'm still a noob. And probably the only noob lvl100 with not 1 million in the bank. And probably have some other 'noobities' as well :p

Mizrael
10-20-2016, 08:37 PM

Agreed. First thing i saw that new feature i thought to myself: Why couldn't they just grey them out?!
Now i have to keep looking for an evolved version every time i think of upgrading one (yes i can't be bothered to learn them all). veeeeeeery confusing. not mentioning the fact, how confusing must that be for new players, who don't read the forums. I personally would probably sell alot of valuable talismans thinking "this one is S#%t. the other one gives me 2 stats"....
Aaaand while i'm at it (moaning)
Why the heck did warrior Trolls slot get changed to red?! Thats just plainly stupid move...: All purple sets need 3 for the bonus. i for example used to play him with a purple+green 3 set. now im forced to use a red set (of which the 3ers are all useless). so i end up with 2 ref tals and 1 dead slot. whats the logic behind that?!!!

Witkacy
10-20-2016, 08:47 PM
I'm not so concerned with the skill shards not dropping for me they never had. Espessially after this update I am very warry about using skilshards. A toon would have to be exceptional to put a skillshard on, but then it would get nerfed. What concerns me is how worthless the effect giving tailismans are.

They don't work on bosses.
They never seem to proc.
I made a set of freeze tailismans last night ( even though I was warned not to) I put them on CR just to test and they don't seem to proc ever. Each tailisman costs over 1 mill to make not to mention the mats needed.

I'm not seeing how this help me choose an effect tailisman over strait damage one.

I do see that using a ward can be better then a overwhelming now, but there is no real bennificial reason to use sorcery or and strait support stat tailismans right now. The reduced damage of almost all characters forces the use of a tailisman that has at least some hp on it. Other wise most toons have problems surviving one round of combat.

This update did allow for a choice between certain tailismans but it also caused some to be less appealing then before.

The update has been out for a bit, am I wrong about the tailismans? If so please explain why.

As for me the devs made some easy choices here - they wanted people to use more variety of talis - not just fierce and overwhelming ones - and they did brilliant job! Why reducing the stats on freezing ones or paralysis from 35% to 12%? Was THAT MUCH already? At least to me they hardly worked - I have one set of freezing installed in CG Now after reducing ALL remaining freezing and so paralysing ones was drained in bog... Who needs a talis which are supposed to work once per year? I dunno... But not me for sure... I am pitty just money and so mats spent on them...

Nekroliun
10-20-2016, 09:01 PM
So are fierce still the best??? Whats the current best thing...

Im not gonna waste my valuable time that i can spend educating myself on reading 83 pages about a silly update...

Aristo4
10-20-2016, 09:03 PM

Im not gonna waste my valuable time that i can spend educating myself on reading 83 pages about a silly update...

They're only 49 pages, and the best nowadays are the skilled ones, together with sorcery.

Witkacy
10-20-2016, 09:10 PM

Nekro :)

I would recommend you now going for safeguard as they would provide some MR to your Nomad... Otherwise two breaths of two blue bats in ''Circle Of Fire'' and your Nomad will suffer a lot of HP loss or even be dead...

Eagleknight
10-20-2016, 09:19 PM
They're only 49 pages, and the best nowadays are the skilled ones, together with sorcery.

How are skilled and sorcery even an option. They do not give more att or magic and have no hp. A character is more powerful and survivable with the tailismans that give hp as well as att or magic. Since the amounts of att and magic are the same. Unless a toon skill works on max mr or def. but you can get the same mr or def raises from tailismans with hp on them.

Extra hp deals with both magic and att damage as well as true damage making hp still the most important stat in pve as well as in pvp.

So still do not see a reason for a tailisman that only provides secondary stats without hp.

And a tailisman that procs only once a fight and that doesn't effect bosses doesn't seem as usfull as focusing on whatever damage type you toon uses.

How am i wrong?

Aristo4
10-20-2016, 09:21 PM
Lol, I only tried to bug our forum's mascot (nekro)...don't take that seriously :p

you're not wrong at all, and I shouldn't do this here, my bad.

Eagleknight
10-20-2016, 09:26 PM
Lol, I only tried to bug our forum's mascot (nekro)...don't take that seriously :p

you're not wrong at all

Haha ok.mi wasn't mad just trying to make sure i wasn't missing something. I do want the game to be successful but am not understanding some of the logic behind the choices that are made.

MrFreeze
10-20-2016, 10:12 PM

you're not wrong at all, and I shouldn't do this here, my bad.

Ha you forgot about onslaught

If they upped the stats on those three, things could get interesting. 696 atk on skilled talismans might make them worth trying

Aristo4
10-20-2016, 11:25 PM
Ha you forgot about onslaught

If they upped the stats on those three, things could get interesting. 696 atk on skilled talismans might make them worth trying

I'll need 66 million now with all I have in mind upgrading, imagine these added too, i'll be 40 till I finish :cool:

Monte47
10-21-2016, 01:12 AM
I feel like I just started the game now. My Only character that still performs right is my Carriage Rider Eddie. I can finally level up a side character to five now, and am at a loss. I felt so good about the game last week. I'm glad they are working on, I'm glad I can get 3* evo shards now, but I'm so lost on talismans now.

vgta99
10-21-2016, 06:24 AM
- Nerfed Talismans
- To choose a Talisman is like a blind test for noob players (but we have a google spreadsheet to build characters...)
- Drop rate for Ironite is low now on secret levels
- Freeze Talisman is useless now (12% really???), in 80 SoT no freeze, nothing, nada, walou, niet, ништа, דבר, hiçbir şey, τίποτα, 沒什麼, 何も, bullshit, rien...
- LoL Dungeon is only usefull for colored 3* Evo Shards
- SE Fury is more useless than VE.
- And I'm honored to give the Darwing Awards to This DUMMY PIECE OF SHIT IA!!!
It's a good deal between to drop more 3* rainbow Evo Shard and 3* Rainbow Evo runes.

Ringe666-7406
10-21-2016, 09:52 AM
- Nerfed Talismans
- Freeze Talisman is useless now (12% really???), in 80 SoT no freeze, nothing, nada, walou, niet, ништа, דבר, hiçbir şey, τίποτα, 沒什麼, 何も, bullshit, rien...

Whoa whoa whoa, I just saw after this post that freeze are also nerfed... Jesus Joseph and Mary... I think that's the second most used blue talisman, I have two maxed out sets, they've been of great help and now this... Nothing is sacred obviously -.-

Hellrider
10-21-2016, 10:28 AM
I have 2 freeze talisman sets on my Magus Golden Sun and it still works well

Ringe666-7406
10-21-2016, 10:33 AM

Maybe it's time to lower it to .1% -.-

Aristo4
10-21-2016, 10:42 AM
Whoa whoa whoa, I just saw after this post that freeze are also nerfed... Jesus Joseph and Mary... I think that's the second most used blue talisman, I have two maxed out sets, they've been of great help and now this... Nothing is sacred obviously -.-

Maybe it's time to lower it to .1% -.-

I had the feeling it works more than the 12% advertised and started keeping track. I'm counting CR's basic AOE and am currently at 20/63 freezes. Many in a sow sometimes too, but I didn't have the time to play many matches manually.

-

Absolutely 0? τίποτα ?

Ringe666-7406
10-21-2016, 11:06 AM
absolutely 0? τίποτα ?

ништа :p :d