PDA

View Full Version : October 2016 Tuning Update (LIVE)

Pages : [1] 2 3

Sparton_LOTB
10-14-2016, 06:05 PM
These tuning adjustments were made at the conclusion of the recent maintenance. To ensure you get all of the changes, please ensure you force close the app and relaunch before continuing to play.

To view preliminary patch notes and developer comments on these changes, see threads Introducing LOTB’s Senior Designer + Upcoming Tuning Discussion (http://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?1831-Introducing-LOTB%92s-Senior-Designer-Upcoming-Tuning-Discussion) and Upcoming Character Tuning (http://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?1834-Upcoming-Character-Tuning&p=12836#post12836). Do note that any information in this thread supersedes the older information.

Campaign General Reward Adjustments

All worlds now focus on two colours for evo shard/rune drops1
1, 2 and 3 star evo shards/runes will drop in campaign missions based on overall progression through the campaign2
The chance of multiple rewards being obtained increases the further into a world the battle is, and is even more likely in battles that cost 5 energy. The highest chance for two items is always the final battle in a map
Increased the amount of gold and XP earned throughout most of the campaign (including getting more and higher-rarity XP shards/runes)
Ailing Kingdom now drops Health, Holy and Strength Talismans
Kingdom of the Sands now drops Ascension, Iron, and Ivory Talismans
Battlefield now drops Burning, Shock, and Blind Talismans
Underworld now drops Thief, Boost, Assassin, and Void Talismans
Secret locations now drop Freezing, Paralysis, Penetrating, Guardian, Paladin, Invisibility, Death, Piercing, Stone, and Energy Talismans at 3 star rarity.
Higher star level talismans are awarded at higher difficulties of each world. Normal: 1 star, Hard: 2 star, Madness: 3 star
The following talismans no longer drop in the campaign, but will return as drops in future worlds: Thorn, Explosive, Cyclone, Crystal, Guard, Resistance, Resilience, Warp, Rush

1 Red/Blue for Ailing Kingdom, Blue/Green for Kingdom of the Sands, Red/Green for Battlefield, and Yellow/Purple for Underworld. First time clears of certain levels will give you evo materials for other colours.
2 Coloured 3 star evo shards remain unavailable in normal levels (but can be found in secret locations). Coloured 3 star evo runes are available in madness difficulty for all worlds except Ailing Kingdom.

Time Rift Reward Adjustments

2 star coloured evo shards are more frequently dropped in floors 4-6
3 star coloured evo shards are more frequently dropped on floors 7-9
3 star coloured evo shards are substantially more frequently dropped on floor 10
In all floors and for all star rarities, colourless evo shards are slightly more common than coloured evo shards
Decreased the amount of gold and XP earned (including lower likelihood of high-rarity XP shards)
Reduced the drop rate of Rare Souls

Talisman Balancing - NEW

To help alleviate overwhelming new players, talismans now only give a bonus to 1 stat at 1 star, 2 stats at 2 star, and 3 stats at 3 star and higher (or 2, 3, and 4 stats respectively for Assassin talismans)
Various talisman stat irregularities have been corrected (such as overpowered Overwhelming)
Slight adjustments to better standardize certain talisman stats (such as slightly increasing Warrior talismans’ Attack bonus to be equal to Magic bonuses on Magus talismans)
Burning Talismans now apply up to 3 Physical Burns on Perfect Attacks

Character Tuning

Additions are in blue. Items removed since the preliminary patch notes are in red.

Known Issues

The set bonus for Stone Talismans still does not look like it applies a bonus to character stats when equipped
If you use the Drop Info button on campaign worlds when a quest list is visible, it shows you drop info for the Normal difficulty instead of the difficulty you’re viewing the quests for
Underworld lists yellow and purple XP shards/runes as Drop Info rewards, even though they’re not more likely to appear there
In Ailing Kingdom Madness, 2 star talismans are dropped (instead of the 3 star talismans)
In Underworld Madness, 2 star talismans are dropped (instead of the 3 star talismans)
In Underworld (all difficulties), Void talismans are not currently dropping (they will be added back in in a future update)

OpticSugar
10-14-2016, 06:09 PM
Excellent! Thanks so much for the detailed information!

:excitement:

BillLion
10-14-2016, 06:19 PM
Thank you.

So did you guys decide to scrap the buff on may artillery dog's immunity? :)

Aristo4
10-14-2016, 06:24 PM
I'm just cleaning my Visions Eddie, getting him ready :cool:

OpticSugar
10-14-2016, 06:28 PM
Various talisman stat irregularities have been corrected (such as overpowered Overwhelming)

Oh no, so overwhelming and fierce talismans are no longer going to be the s**t? That's disappointing. So to be clear, those overpowered max stats were brought down to the same levels as other max stats (rather than everything raised to that level). A lot of people invested heavily into those talismans, without knowing that they were going to be nerfed so hard.

At least now, we can start to consider the strategic benefits of all the other talisman varieties.

MrFreeze
10-14-2016, 06:30 PM
It says underworld now drops speed talismans. Is that new? I've never heard of speed talismans

Hypnos
10-14-2016, 06:31 PM
Is "fervor" a new skill for rainmaker eddie and assassin troll?

Eagleknight
10-14-2016, 06:39 PM
Oh no, so overwhelming and fierce talismans are no longer going to be the s**t? That's disappointing. So to be clear, those overpowered max stats were brought down to the same levels as other max stats (rather than everything raised to that level). A lot of people invested heavily into those talismans, without knowing that they were going to be nerfed so hard.

At least now, we can start to consider the strategic benefits of all the other talisman varieties.

If they nerfed overwhelming and fierce talismans I think I'm done. That would mean everything I have done since july is trashed. I'll wait till the game comes online before I start throwing and deleating things.

Demoonchild
10-14-2016, 06:41 PM
Nice to see that (F'n) Visions Eddie, Mummy Eddie and Speed Of Light will get some deserved buff, now lets see how good are they in game.....

slauki
10-14-2016, 06:44 PM
If they nerfed overwhelming and fierce talismans I think I'm done. That would mean everything I have done since july is trashed. I'll wait till the game comes online before I start throwing and deleating things.

i feel you, since fierce and overwhelming were also my bread and butter talismans, but for the sake of balance i like the changes. There are more options now so the talisman choice is becoming more interesting.

RCarter
10-14-2016, 06:48 PM
No fix for minion sttack timing?

Bummer. I was really looking forward to that one.

Eagleknight
10-14-2016, 06:49 PM
I have well over 50 maxed tailismans meaning I pushed hard through the terrible drop rates that every one complains about and if those talismans are nerfed I'll be furious.

Ok calming down until after I get in the game and see what's what.

Ringe666-7406
10-14-2016, 06:52 PM
Thanks a lot for a thorough info, and for rescaling damage on Mummy Eddie and SoL Eddie, those are great news... Anyway, consider that with lowering HP on overwhelming green talismans HP can be lowered up to 12k per char, and that is really not some great thing to do... Lots of resources were spent on that. Plus they are mostly on sentinel chars, that are primarily made to take some heavy damage. Is it possible to find another solution for that?

OpticSugar
10-14-2016, 07:02 PM
There are more options now so the talisman choice is becoming more interesting.

Agreed, and that's a good way to look at the bright side. I mean, once we realized how imbalanced Overwhelming and Fierce talismans were, we basically ignored all the other options. I'm sure that it ultimately has to do with balancing for PvP, so I'm all for that. It was a good run while it lasted!

Frost
10-14-2016, 07:04 PM
Would You Kindly put NUMBERS on the changes? Like Fierce atk reduced from 666 to 500, WDQ Magic rediced from 1798 to 1500, etc.

So I have some talismans that will not drop anymore, will they be deleted or will they remain in my inventory? Like I have a set of Guard Talismans that I want to keep, because they were freaking hard to get...

Sparton_LOTB
So did you guys decide to scrap the buff on may artillery dog's immunity? :)

Repeal is on multiple characters, including the highly-sought Hellhound. We felt that buffing Hellhound further was not ideal, but weren't able to do something that let us split that passive into two different effects.

Any of the items in red are expected to return in some form in the coming updates and just had to be pulled out either for time constraints or tech constraints.

It says underworld now drops speed talismans. Is that new? I've never heard of speed talismans

Whoops. Their internal name is "speed", but that's actually the Boost talisman (yellow, set bonus for increasing special by 25%). I'll correct that.

hanZ
They nerfed fierce and overwhelming and blue soldier? So nearly everything I maxed out in the game the last months is destroyed? Do I get back my ressources like skill shards in the blue soldier? Not? Well, I guess I'm done with this game.

Ringe666-7406
10-14-2016, 07:06 PM
They nerfed fierce and overwhelming and blue soldier? To nearly everything I maxed out in the game the last months is destroyed? Do I get back my ressources like skill shards in the blue soldier? Not? Well, I guess I'm done with this game.

Plus Corrupt General for me... Christ -.-

Hypnos
10-14-2016, 07:08 PM
Would You Kindly put NUMBERS on the changes? Like Fierce atk reduced from 666 to 500, WDQ Magic rediced from 1798 to 1500, etc.

So I have some talismans that will not drop anymore, will they be deleted or will they remain in my inventory? Like I have a set of Guard Talismans that I want to keep, because they were freaking hard to get...

I don't think maintainence will be much longer so we can check in-game.

OpticSugar
10-14-2016, 07:08 PM

Isn't it going to go live in less than 30 minutes?

Also, I believe they told us previously that whatever we already have in our inventory, we will keep... they just won't drop anymore (until a later date).

Frost
10-14-2016, 07:09 PM
Also, what is Crystal Talisman?!?!

Sparton_LOTB
10-14-2016, 07:10 PM

Unfortunately, due to the sheer volume of changes that went through, we don't have a good way of communicating all of the exact changes.

You will keep whatever talismans you have, even if they don't drop from worlds anymore. We're not removing anything from players' inventories or characters.

Journeyman
10-14-2016, 07:11 PM
time to try visions eddie!

OpticSugar
10-14-2016, 07:14 PM
Keep calm everyone...

Just because something got nerfed (in many cases - slightly) doesn't ruin everything. I'm sure that it's for the greater good of the game overall. PvP will heighten the value of this game many times over, but it won't be fun playing PvP if there is poorly balanced characters & abilities... I for one don't want to play a multiplayer game where "unless you have a corrupt general with XYZ, then you will get your ass handed to you". It should be about STRATEGY, not grinding for an OP toon. These changes may disappoint you now, but in the long run, they will make the game so much better, and that's what the devs are carefully crafting.

Just my two cents.

Aristo4
10-14-2016, 07:17 PM
Keep calm everyone...

Just because something got nerfed (in many cases - slightly) doesn't ruin everything. I'm sure that it's all for the greater good of the game overall. PvP will heighten the value of this game many times over, but it won't be fun playing PvP if there is poorly balanced characters & abilities... I for one don't want to play a multiplayer game where "unless you have a corrupt general with XYZ, then you will get your ass handed to you". It should be about STRATEGY, not grinding for an OP toon. These changes may disappoint you now, but in the long run, they will make the game so much better, and that's what the devs are carefully crafting.

Just my two cents.

Make it four cents now.

Eagleknight
10-14-2016, 07:19 PM
If every team you have built is trashed because of nerfs and hundreds of hours of game play are now worthless. I think you have a right to be worried or to complain. When I choose to play a game I go all out in it and spend allot of time on it. If the nerfs are as bad as they sound you are right I'm worried.

Demoonchild
10-14-2016, 07:21 PM
Thanks for the info Sparton. I appreciate that the team hears the voice of your "gamers" and take actions that improves the overall game experience.
It will be great that you can create a thread in which users can give their opinion on the update, give suggestions and receive feedback to implement in a next update.

Please think on it!!

Ringe666-7406
10-14-2016, 07:23 PM
Keep calm everyone...

Just because something got nerfed (in many cases - slightly) doesn't ruin everything. I'm sure that it's all for the greater good of the game overall. PvP will heighten the value of this game many times over, but it won't be fun playing PvP if there is poorly balanced characters & abilities... I for one don't want to play a multiplayer game where "unless you have a corrupt general with XYZ, then you will get your ass handed to you". It should be about STRATEGY, not grinding for an OP toon. These changes may disappoint you now, but in the long run, they will make the game so much better, and that's what the devs are carefully crafting.

Just my two cents.

Yeah, but you see, I don't mind my general being nerfed, I mind my Mummy Eddie, a sentinel with 49K of HP being lowered to 39... Someone like Aristo4 could wipe it in just one turn, and it was made to take huge amounts of damage... Green talismans are all I care about atm, not even red ones... At least they could announced it, I would spend skill shards and evo runes to upgrade SoL Eddie i.e.

Ringe666-7406
10-14-2016, 07:24 PM
If every team you have built is trashed because of nerfs and hundreds of hours of game play are now worthless. I think you have a right to be worried or to complain. When I choose to play a game I go all out in it and spend allot of time on it. If the nerfs are as bad as they sound you are right I'm worried.

I am all with you here...

Aristo4
10-14-2016, 07:26 PM

No one removed your right to be worried or complain, buddy.:p
I'm also (partially) worried about some things, but gotta see how things work first. And even if my OP toon gets nerfed to 50% all stats this cant stop me playing a game I like...I like the game itself, not the 'OPiness' of my toons themselves :cool:

hanZ
10-14-2016, 07:27 PM
Right. It's about strategy. The developers strategy. Making things a "must" ... like Blue soldier. So everyone puts time and ressources in it ... and i guess some also put 7 skillshards in it (worth way above 100€/pound/dollars ... even if you just played for it) and now nerfing the toon to hell. So people lost their time/money for nothing. Well, they can do this once, but not again.

They should give at least the skill shards back in this case.

Nekroliun
10-14-2016, 07:28 PM
Wait... so all of my talismans are pretty much dead... i still didnt even max them out...

OpticSugar
10-14-2016, 07:31 PM

I guess it's all how you look at it. If you decide to call what you have worthless because it got changed, well that's your choice. I think that's taking it a bit drastically. I feel like this game would be worthless if it didn't evolve into PvP... I would much rather sacrifice some performance of my team today for a much much better game tomorrow. PvP would get really old really fast if you just destroyed everyone that you were up against unless they had the same advantages that you had. The way I look at it, these things have to happen if the game is going to get any better, and I want a better game.

Demoonchild
10-14-2016, 07:32 PM
Wait... so all of my talismans are pretty much dead... i still didnt even max them out...

...So your Nomad will remain as shit as he has always been!!!

Cheers Nekro!!

Eagleknight
10-14-2016, 07:37 PM
I understand an ocasional char nerf, and it's not like they didn't warn us well in advance. But to lvl a tailasman to 50 costs over 1 mil not to mention the time needed to farm all the materials. To nerf them out of the blue is sad and it negates every thing you have done in the game to date. No I'm not worried about pvp right now because it's prolly a month a way.

If I was only talking about one set of tailasmans or 6 I wouldn't be this worried.

I know I should calm down but feeling as all the time and money I have spent on this game have need wasted has me stressed out. If I find out I am wrong when I get in the game I will definitely apologize.

Aristo4
10-14-2016, 07:38 PM
...So your Nomad will remain as shit as he has always been!!!

Cheers Nekro!!

It will always remain shit no matter what update comes...he simply puts more effort in the forum than in the game. Cant blame him though, milking stunned cows in Holland is a interesting subject ;)

OpticSugar
10-14-2016, 07:38 PM
...by the way, I'm not trying to invalidate anyones concerns. You put some hard work and effort into these things and its totally understandable that you're not going to be happy about this. That is a valid reaction no doubt. I'm just trying to offer some perspective here, and look at the bright side of the situation. It's just what I tend to do when things look like their falling apart.

Bottom line, you still have great characters with great talismans. The fact that you invested skill shards makes them even greater than most, and will most certainly give you an edge in PvP! I don't think any of these adjustments made anything worthless. That's all I'm saying. I'm worried too... (I'm just hiding it).

Nekroliun
10-14-2016, 07:40 PM
It will always remain shit no matter what update comes...he simply puts more effort in the forum than in the game. Cant blame him though, milking stunned cows in Holland is a interesting subject ;)

That is like 100% true, since im not that good at the game, and cuz im such a pro "forumer" i'd rather kill a goat over eating a dead horse's heart

Also, forums are more exciting...

Also, fuck me, rip nomad 2016-2016

slauki
10-14-2016, 07:47 PM
I guess it's all how you look at it. If you decide to call what you have worthless because it got changed, well that's your choice. I think that's taking it a bit drastically. I feel like this game would be worthless if it didn't evolve into PvP... I would much rather sacrifice some performance of my team today for a much much better game tomorrow. PvP would get really old really fast if you just destroyed everyone that you were up against unless they had the same advantages that you had. The way I look at it, these things have to happen if the game is going to get any better, and I want a better game.

i'm totally with you optic. these changes had to come, for the sake of fairness and longlivity of the game. it's very unfortunate if your sweetest char got nerfed (like my corrupt general), but that's my problem. he was really much OP if you are honest with yourself. these changes are good for the game and that is all that matters. without balance the game and especially pvp would be pure trash.

these devs are doing it right, if you ask me. the problem is, that the first devs messed many things up and created the imbalance, that the new ones try to remove.

so we were basicly beta testers for a long time, and i feel, the game will get beyond that beta status soon.

OpticSugar
10-14-2016, 07:48 PM
these devs are doing it right, if you ask me. the problem is, that the first devs messed many things up and created the imbalance, that the new ones try to remove.

so we were basicly beta testers for a long time, and i feel, the game will get beyond that beta status soon.

very well put...

Demoonchild
10-14-2016, 07:51 PM
Actually I'm with Slauki.... The game has several Talis, but the everyone just uses red Fierce, and green Overwhelming. For the good of variety.
Im not sure if the devs do something with purple talismans, the resistance and resilence ones are awful to be used in Assasssin chars....

Demoonchild
10-14-2016, 07:55 PM
i'm totally with you optic. these changes had to come, for the sake of fairness and longlivity of the game. it's very unfortunate if your sweetest char got nerfed (like my corrupt general), but that's my problem. he was really much OP if you are honest with yourself. these changes are good for the game and that is all that matters. without balance the game and especially pvp would be pure trash.

Slauki for President... You should kick Clinton's and Trump's asses out of the way!!

ShadowRising
10-14-2016, 08:06 PM
Keep calm everyone...

Just because something got nerfed (in many cases - slightly) doesn't ruin everything. I'm sure that it's for the greater good of the game overall. PvP will heighten the value of this game many times over, but it won't be fun playing PvP if there is poorly balanced characters & abilities... I for one don't want to play a multiplayer game where "unless you have a corrupt general with XYZ, then you will get your ass handed to you". It should be about STRATEGY, not grinding for an OP toon. These changes may disappoint you now, but in the long run, they will make the game so much better, and that's what the devs are carefully crafting.

Just my two cents.agreed my six cents as well lol.

Eagleknight
10-14-2016, 08:06 PM
Mabey the nerfs to certain toons but the other tailasmans could have been made more appealing to use instead nerfing a two whole types of tailasmans that are the core of every toon in the game.

And I still don't under stand balancing in a game based on chance.

BillLion
10-14-2016, 08:11 PM
I too am disappointed with the talisman nerfs; I wish the others had been raised.

2 of my core characters (pharaoh eddie and alliance general) stand to lose 10k & 12k HP potentially. I get the global balance need but this really hits hard if those are the #s.

Nekroliun
10-14-2016, 08:14 PM
very well put...

I too am disappointed with the talisman nerfs; I wish the others had been raised.

2 of my core characters (pharaoh eddie and alliance general) stand to lose 10k & 12k HP potentially. I get the global balance need but this really hits hard if those are the #s.

Well if alliance general loses 12k hp then my team wont last round one...

Kaijester
10-14-2016, 08:17 PM
What about the AI fixes? Will newborns be using their power abilities in the dungeons?

Aristo4
10-14-2016, 08:18 PM
Sorry, too many posts, and might have lost it...where did the specific numbers came from?

I'm a almost middle aged man.

slauki
10-14-2016, 08:18 PM
And I still don't under stand balancing in a game based on chance.

i think it should be possible to win with a smart strategy, not only with the right toon. let's take the corrupt general. when he stuns the enemy with 95% (paired with the warrior bomber boy or assassin troll) there is no chance for the opponent to win, when you start the battle. such things shouldn't be possible, so it's more than okay to balance them.

balancing is all about action and counter action. if you do something the opponent has to have an opportunity to counter it, regardless what you do and regardless what team you have. that's an ideal scenario.

take stracraft 2 as example. it's so well balanced so that you can take every race and win the game, if you are good.every unit has a specific counter unit. so you won't have an advantage, regardsless which toons you use it solely skill based. that is balance in my opinion.in an ideal world with an ideal LOTB everyone should have the chance to beat anybody with his toons, as long as his skill is better....

Eagleknight
10-14-2016, 08:19 PM
Sorry, too many posts, and might have lost it...where did the specific numbers came from?

It was from if the make them match the numbers of the other tailismans.

Aristo4
10-14-2016, 08:26 PM
It was from if the make them match the numbers of the other tailismans.

'Various talisman stat irregularities have been corrected (such as overpowered Overwhelming)' ?

In my head this doesn't mean exact match of ward and overwhelming, for example.
Maybe it gets from 6800 to 5900 how are you all discussing 12HP losses with certainty?

Eagleknight
10-14-2016, 08:26 PM
i think it should be possible to win with a smart strategy, not only with the right toon. let's take the corrupt general. when he stuns the enemy with 95% (paired with the warrior bomber boy or assassin troll) there is no chance for the opponent to win, when you start the battle. such things shouldn't be possible, so it's more than okay to balance them.

balancing is all about action and counter action. if you do something the opponent has to have an opportunity to counter it, regardless what you do and regardless what team you have. that's an ideal scenario.

take stracraft 2 as example. it's so well balanced so that you can take every race and win the game, if you are good.every unit has a specific counter unit. so you won't have an advantage, regardsless which toons you use it solely skill based. that is balance in my opinion.in an ideal world with an ideal LOTB everyone should have the chance to beat anybody with his toons, as long as his skill is better....

Actually you could beat that team by killin the general first easily done with a good team or you could through permadeath on him then kill it. But it still revolves around chance were you lucky enough to get the general, do the right skills proc, did you get a perfect hit. I get it the game needs some balance but it's still mostly chance with strategy and skill thrown in.

maxdeviations
10-14-2016, 08:28 PM
i feel everyone s pain .. but i have been really unlucky in this game. cause of the random drop system i have never gotten a 5 star character. (so i dont have alliance general and pharrow eddie or samurai etc) so i did nt really use a lot of overwhelming and fierce talismans. i would love some ways to get thees toons without a random drop (hopefully thru daily rewards etc or special character / eddie souls)

PS - i did get 1 visions eddie but he is too powerful to group in the 5* category

PIP
10-14-2016, 08:28 PM
Getting a message that says "This version is out of date. Please upgrade to the latest version! NeedsUpgrade" When I click on it, I'm directed to Google Play Store. There is no upgrade option, just the option to uninstall. Do I uninstall?

FlyingV
10-14-2016, 08:30 PM
Keep calm everyone...

Just my two cents.

Those of us who came on board July didn't grind their butts off for the greater good. There are more creative ways of dealing with PVP (restrictive leagues w bonuses, vs anything goes battles, etc)

This.

FlyingV
10-14-2016, 08:34 PM
PS... Instead of worrying about talismans and character attributes for a game option that isn't even available...

Perhaps devs should be focused on more pressing matters, like the constant crashes playing the allied magus soldier? :mad:

Demoonchild
10-14-2016, 08:35 PM
i feel everyone s pain .. but i have been really unlucky in this game. cause of the random drop system i have never gotten a 5 star character. (so i dont have alliance general and pharrow eddie or samurai etc) so i did nt really use a lot of overwhelming and fierce talismans. i would love some ways to get thees toons without a random drop (hopefully thru daily rewards etc or special character / eddie souls)

PS - i did get 1 visions eddie but he is too powerful to group in the 5* category

You mean F'N Visions Eddie?? Hahah he's so strong that if you choose him, you can't choose any more allies....

OpticSugar
10-14-2016, 08:37 PM

OMG! Slauki, we both referenced SC2 at the same time! My post was in a different thread though... so funny!

http://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?2178-Devs!-Please-leave-the-blue-folks-alone!-)&p=16279&viewfull=1#post16279

To append what Slauki was saying... the other element at play to ensure an evenly balanced game between to players would be matchmaking... so that a super evolved player isn't paired up against a noob. If the matchmaking does it's job right, and the game is balanced well, this should be a very fun PvP game!

OpticSugar
10-14-2016, 08:44 PM
PS... Instead of worrying about talismans and character attributes for a game option that isn't even available...

Perhaps devs should be focused on more pressing matters, like the constant crashes playing the allied magus soldier? :mad:

The devs are grouped into teams based on their areas of expertise. The dev group that is working on additional content are not qualified to troubleshoot bugs or do technical support. All of these things (new content, balancing, and bug fixes) are being worked on simultaneously I'm sure.

Eagleknight
10-14-2016, 08:45 PM
The nerfing and speculating is all moot until we can get in the game and see how bad or not it is.

OpticSugar
10-14-2016, 08:48 PM
The nerfing and speculating is all moot until we can get in the game and see how bad or not it is.

this is true...

hold
10-14-2016, 08:48 PM
Actually you could beat that team by killin the general first easily done with a good team or you could through permadeath on him then kill it. But it still revolves around chance were you lucky enough to get the general, do the right skills proc, did you get a perfect hit. I get it the game needs some balance but it's still mostly chance with strategy and skill thrown in.

I slightly disagree because it all comes down who has round 1 right now. My team has no General. But manually playing the other team doesn't even have a turn (most of the times) before 4 enemies (in LoL) are down. Bomber Boy (Warrior - Accuracy) and Axis Assassin (Extra Turn for team) gives me most of the time enough extra turns to wipe the others out before they can respond. Even more now with my lucky Rainmaker pick. 2 times in round 1 to use one of my Eddies with fury loaded after Rainmaker moved - most teams will suffer a lot when I have first round in PvP. It will be interesting to balance this.

Eagleknight
10-14-2016, 08:52 PM
Hold I agree who goes first could decide the battle. But I know I could build a sentinel/warrior team that would be hard to beat even against the general and not having the first turn.

Well before the tailisman nerf.

jpmusic
10-14-2016, 08:54 PM
Thanks for the info!!!! Some things I like, some I don't but that's part of this :) hope the dorp rates are really improved.

A question... Any word on the Android N bug? Sorry if this has been answered before, I haven't been checking the forums much these days.

Up the irons!

hold
10-14-2016, 08:54 PM
Hold I agree who goes first could decide the battle. But I know I could build a sentinel/warrior team that would be hard to beat even against the general and not having the first turn.

If you get a turn :-) I used the General (troopers) instead of my Hellhound with bomber Boy and Axis Soldier ... Stuns and Extra Turns ... *Ouch* ...

OpticSugar
10-14-2016, 08:55 PM
OP characters and talismans were all things that would contribute to a scenario where whoever goes first will win the battle. That's why the devs are attempting to balance them, so that a PvP match can go more than one round.

And who knows, PvP may be a best of 3 were you go several matches... alternating who goes first. There are many ways to make this work.

Eagleknight
10-14-2016, 08:58 PM
A players health and resistance are differs from the ai team. That would make them more survivable.

Eagleknight
10-14-2016, 09:02 PM
But how far out is pvp? I needs to be at least a month or so if I were to try to recuperate from the loss of all my 50 lvl tailismans that may have been nerfed. If not I will be basically starting over talisman wise. Which I don't know if I'm willing to even try to do.

hold
10-14-2016, 09:05 PM
A players health and resistance are differs from the ai team. That would make them more survivable.

True but I had quite often 3 Eddie turns in turn 1
1. Rainmaker filling fury
2. CR fury buffs team, debuffs other team
3. Toons doing 10k AOE plus Eddie hitting like a truck taking 1 of other team out.

Agreed I have to be luckyish. But if you going only defend you can't really hurt me either with my Warrior Trolls defences. Only toon I can see to make a change is Sentinel Demon which I don't have - he would replace my Hellhound with 6 gren talis...

OpticSugar
10-14-2016, 09:05 PM
But how far out is pvp? I needs to be at least a month or so if I were to try to recuperate from the loss of all my 50 lvl tailismans that may have been nerfed. If not I will be basically starting over talisman wise. Which I don't know if I'm willing to even try to do.

Am I missing something? Why are your level 50 talismans worthless?
And keep in mind, you're not the only one that has had the talismans nerfed, we all have... so from a PvP standpoint, you're not at any disadvantage.

Baba-8301
10-14-2016, 09:07 PM
Talisman normalisation was always going to happen. I was happy enough to make the
most of it while I could. I doubt Fierce and Overwhelming suddenly became inferior to the alternatives.

Aristo4
10-14-2016, 09:09 PM
Talisman normalisation was always going to happen. I was happy enough to make the
most of it while I could. I doubt Fierce and Overwhelming suddenly became inferior to the alternatives.

+ I don't know why we're debating on a hypothetical basis. Lets see how big or small talisman nerfing is first.

Eagleknight
10-14-2016, 09:14 PM
Basically if overwhelming is redused to the lvl of other green tailismans then that makes any toon that uses hp as it base as useless and the whole point of overwhelming is to enable a toon to take a hit. If overwhelming value is reduced it makes them worthless and you would have to level replacements. For fierce it's basically the same but on the attack and health side. I do not just have a small talisman base built up so a nerf on those two specific types will ruin all my team builds and time I have put it. I know I am not the only one that this could drastically effect. A better route would have been making the other tailismans more attractive for use.

Eagleknight
10-14-2016, 09:17 PM
So that means all hp and att toons will be effected.

slauki
10-14-2016, 09:23 PM
A better route would have been making the other tailismans more attractive for use.

it's much easier to reduce the OPness of two talisman types than to rise up 20 other talisman types to that OP level.

hold
10-14-2016, 09:25 PM
Basically if overwhelming is redused to the lvl of other green tailismans then that makes any toon that uses hp as it base as useless and the whole point of overwhelming is to enable a toon to take a hit. If overwhelming value is reduced it makes them worthless and you would have to level replacements. For fierce it's basically the same but on the attack and health side. I do not just have a small talisman base built up so a nerf on those two specific types will ruin all my team builds and time I have put it. I know I am not the only one that this could drastically effect. A better route would have been making the other tailismans more attractive for use.

I second that... Nothing to add ...

OpticSugar
10-14-2016, 09:29 PM
it's much easier to reduce the OPness of two talisman types than to rise up 20 other talisman types to that OP level.

I guess the only advantage of that would be there would be a lot less people upset... but really when you think about it its' six of one and a half dozen of the other. It's all perception, and in general, nerfs make people feel like they've been gyped.

Look, we all feel the pain of these nerfs. I'd just hate to see any of you guys leave the game and the community over them - especially before this game has had it's chance to blossom. I like all of you guys and you add value to the community. I'm just playing devil's advocate here.

Ringe666-7406
10-14-2016, 09:33 PM
Now when I think, if we get to keep all talismans we had, maybe the values on them will stay the same, and nerfs will apply only on the ones we build from now on... How about that? But in that case I will bite my ass off 'cause I was one rainbow 3* rune short from upgrading another overwhelming today -.-

OpticSugar
10-14-2016, 09:36 PM
+ I don't know why we're debating on a hypothetical basis. Lets see how big or small talisman nerfing is first.

we're debating this because we're all locked out of the game and going stir-crazy... lol

Aristo4
10-14-2016, 09:38 PM
we're debating this because we're all locked out of the game and going stir-crazy... lol

All this giving me headache,will return in 2 hours :cool:

Nekroliun
10-14-2016, 09:39 PM
Guys relax, just go play something else and leave the forums in peace for a moment... good lord you guys talk alot...

Aristo4
10-14-2016, 09:40 PM
Guys relax, just go play something else and leave the forums in peace for a moment... good lord you guys talk alot...

Irony maiden

OpticSugar
10-14-2016, 09:41 PM

Okay, things are really bad when Nekro tells you that you talk a lot!

Irony maiden
lol

Demoonchild
10-14-2016, 09:46 PM
Shut the f'ck up for God sake!! XD

slauki
10-14-2016, 10:00 PM
the only thing i really worry about, is that i have 4-5 trooper, which i didn't use today and the game is still not playable...i have to change my signature if i cannot play in the next two hours...that's what i call a nerf ;-)

Sparton_LOTB
10-14-2016, 10:19 PM
Heads up to people watching this thread; we're turning off maintenance mode soon, but the tuning updates have not been applied yet. We need to bring the game back to normal operation temporarily before returning to applying the patch notes.

Very sorry about the delay for this.

Hypnos
10-14-2016, 10:20 PM
Heads up to people watching this thread; we're turning off maintenance mode soon, but the tuning updates have not been applied yet. We need to bring the game back to normal operation temporarily before returning to applying the patch notes.

Very sorry about the delay for this.

Cheers for the update

Eagleknight
10-14-2016, 10:55 PM
Ok after looking at my toons, specifically pharaoh Eddie and playing a few matches with my regular team soldier Eddie red rocked dog and nomad. Watching the poor performance of the team in game of death. I think I'm done with this game.

Hypnos
10-14-2016, 10:58 PM
Still can't get into the game

Arcturus
10-14-2016, 11:01 PM
Wait, tuning hasn't been applied yet? I could swear Soldier Eddie's fury is hitting a lot softer.

eddiejose
10-14-2016, 11:02 PM
Ok after looking at my toons, specifically pharaoh Eddie and playing a few matches with my regular team soldier Eddie red rocked dog and nomad. Watching the poor performance of the team in game of death. I think I'm done with this game.

The update isn't live yet, so the poor performance has nothing to do with it lol

XcarecroW
10-14-2016, 11:03 PM
I feel exactly the same but with my corrupt general. At least they could have increased the slots for more chars i cant even open anymore souls to not make the game more boring than it is right now for me.

BillLion
10-14-2016, 11:05 PM
Thanks for the communication, Sparton. Must be super frustrating on your end -hope you guys get it sorted soon. All the best!

XcarecroW
10-14-2016, 11:05 PM
The update isn't live yet, so the poor performance has nothing to do with it lol
For me it is. Troll is hiting all enemies now, and i make less damage, i can asure you that.

eddiejose
10-14-2016, 11:09 PM
For me it is. Troll is hiting all enemies now, and i make less damage, i can asure you that.

So is it live only for some users? I haven't received it yet...

OpticSugar
From what I see on my end, my max level overwhelming talisman is showing a HP boost of 4527, and my max level fierce talisman is showing an ATK boost of 453. That has everything to do with it. Looks like the game just got a whole lot more challenging and auto farming Game of Death is no longer an option. I'm okay with that, as long as we can target what materials we want to farm more easily, and the drop rates are improved. This is probably how the game was supposed to be in the first place, it makes more sense.

Eagleknight
The update is live look at the stats on your characters and see that they hit for crap now and can badly survive an auto battle that is normally a cake walk.

I'm just sick to death of this. I wish I could get a refund and drop this right now. Such a waste of time and money.

slauki
10-14-2016, 11:10 PM

really getting strange right now...maybe some changes were acceptedand others not? WTF?

@ optic my talisman stats are the same as always...

eddiejose
10-14-2016, 11:11 PM
The update is live look at the stats on your characters and see that they hit for crap now and can badly survive an auto battle that is normally a cake walk.

Their stats are the same as before. Same with talismans.

XcarecroW
10-14-2016, 11:12 PM
So is it live only for some users? I haven't received it yet...

Dont you see the changes in talismans? I see 10k less of hp in my sentinel soulless demon because of overwhelming talismans nerf. Try to restart your game.

Reeb99
10-14-2016, 11:14 PM
Wouldn't it have been better to bring other talismans UP to the level of overwhelming / fierce talismans when maxed out? Lots of people have invested heavily in those as they were the only good talismans previously. Nerfing them does not make for a happy player base....

Aristo4
Same stats on talis as always here. Also restarted.

slauki
Dont you see the changes in talismans? I see 10k less of hp in my sentinel soulless demon because of overwhelming talismans nerf. Try to restart your game.

no changes in talismans after several restarts...

eddiejose

Did it two times, no changes at all.

XcarecroW
10-14-2016, 11:16 PM
Did it two times, no changes at all.
I am on ios, maybe android takes more time. Dunno.

Frost
10-14-2016, 11:17 PM
I'm very confused right now... So the game is up and running, but no update was applied? That means game will go down again any time soon? How this update will work? Please explain, I'm afraid to lose troopers/SoT

Aristo4
10-14-2016, 11:18 PM

Maybe, cause I started getting server errors now.

Eagleknight
10-14-2016, 11:19 PM
The stats are different. Your toons barly hit over 1 k you receive 0 gold from game of death and the drop rate from 1 from 80 sands is stupidly bad. Not one tailisman not one 3* anything and yes I'm on madness.

eddiejose
10-14-2016, 11:19 PM

I'm on iOS too.
http://i67.tinypic.com/10xahbr.png

Aristo4
10-14-2016, 11:29 PM
Americans got the update earlier then? still nothing here

XcarecroW
10-14-2016, 11:31 PM
Americans got the update earlier then? still nothing here
I am from spain :)

Aristo4
10-14-2016, 11:31 PM
I am from spain :)

Forget what I posted then.:cool:

Eagleknight
10-14-2016, 11:32 PM
I'm on iOS.

This is worse
Then the update the screwed up the drop rates.
So far the drop rates are worse and your toons are crap. Where is the fun in this.

propagandy
10-14-2016, 11:33 PM
I'm on iOS and was stuck in a loop once the server was back available. I would loop downloading content, and then it would unpacking contents.... then downloading etc . I tried restarting a bunch of times and got the same thing over and over.

Then I decided to delete the game, and re-download it from the app store. Did the trick! Back in the game. If anyone is having a similar issue, thought this might help :)

CanyptianFit
10-14-2016, 11:34 PM
I'm in America. I'm using iOS.

My iPad can connect, but it still showing old information. No change to talismans.

My iPhone can't connect, says must download, please connect to wifi. Never gets past that.

Weird.

Assuming the inevitable reduction to fierce/overwhelming talismans is coming. Sigh.

Reeb99
10-14-2016, 11:35 PM
I'm in the USA, and I see zero changes so far. Must be working their way through the database or something.

Kaz_LOTB
10-14-2016, 11:36 PM
Hi guys, just to be clear, no changes have been pushed as of yet. You should not see anything different. We will keep you posted on where we are at with pushing the changes live. There are just a few more issues that we discovered that need to be resolved before we can go live.

Our apologies again for the delay.

-Kaz

Eagleknight
10-14-2016, 11:37 PM

Game of death madness. I you are playing without the update enjoy it while u can.

Nekroliun
10-14-2016, 11:39 PM
Ok so first, im not gonna waste my time reading the 4 pages of complain so lemme get straight to it... is it live? Is the game on? If so then im deleting the game

Also im not joking, this thread is literally gonna have more posts than what i have, and thats too much...

Why will i delete the game? Cuz i dont wanna see my already shit nomad be shittier

Aristo4
10-14-2016, 11:39 PM
I think you guys seeing changes are stuck somewhere in the middle.
Look when I noticed this some time ago

http://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?1782-Nerfed-talismans-at-high-levels

Better get out of the game and enter later when noticed from Kaz.

XcarecroW
10-14-2016, 11:40 PM
Hi guys, just to be clear, no changes have been pushed as of yet. You should not see anything different. We will keep you posted on where we are at with pushing the changes live. There are just a few more issues that we discovered that need to be resolved before we can go live.

-Kaz
Lol, eagleknight and i have the changes applied. This is getting ridiculous.

AppleJuice
Game of death madness. I you are playing without the update enjoy it while u can.

Holy sh*t dude, zero gold ? I'm sure this is a bug

Eagleknight

-Kaz

Ok some how I got into the game with the update. Sorry to be so negative but am not happy. I love that yall are trying to improve the game but so far this looks like the wrong direction.

Hypnos
10-14-2016, 11:42 PM

Would you relax a minute? The update isn't supposed to be live yet and those stat changes are most likely temporary. Give the guys a chance to implement the changes first and then you're free to criticise.

Eagleknight
I think you guys seeing changes are stuck somewhere in the middle.
Look when I noticed this some time ago

http://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?1782-Nerfed-talismans-at-high-levels

Better get out of the game and enter later when noticed from Kaz.

Ok I'm out will try later hope what I was playing is not the real update.

Aristo4
Ok some how I got into the game with the update. Sorry to be so negative but am not happy. I love that yall are trying to improve the game but so far this looks like the wrong direction.

This cant be the real deal, check my previous post.

I've seen weird things in the past. Especially now that were a mess, we cant judge :cool:

BillLion
10-14-2016, 11:44 PM
My talismans have indeed been nerfed and I'm bitterly disappointed. HP on Pharaoh Eddie and Alliance General is drastically reduced. AND attack was nerfed toosince that scales with HP...

Crap

BillLion
10-14-2016, 11:45 PM
And my Warrior troll now does AOE damage so somehow I have the update..

Aristo4
10-14-2016, 11:45 PM
I still think we should all not enter the game till notified.

Nekroliun
10-14-2016, 11:49 PM
I still think we should all not enter the game till notified.

I vote aristo for president

Eagleknight
10-14-2016, 11:50 PM
I love this game please do not ruin it. Yes the overwhelming and fierce are better it been that way from the beginning. That is no reason to punish players for developing their tailismans to the best of their ability. Change the other tailismans to me more attractive if you want but if the game I was just playing is how it is intended to be. Allot of people will not be happy.

Frost
10-14-2016, 11:54 PM
In 5 minutes the quests and troopers will reset and I'm freaking afraid to play

XcarecroW
10-14-2016, 11:55 PM
I love this game please do not ruin it. Yes the overwhelming and fierce are better it been that way from the beginning. That is no reason to punish players for developing their tailismans to the best of their ability. Change the other tailismans to me more attractive if you want but if the game I was just playing is how it is intended to be. Allot of people will not be happy.
If they must nerf the overwhelming health, they should nerf the attack stat, not the hp. Now not only warriors are worse now the sentinels and specially the ones that scale damage with hp.

Aristo4
10-14-2016, 11:57 PM
1) dev said its not live
2) others try to enter, asked to download via wifi, no download starts and cant open the game
3) others are in, with the supposed tuning, but maybe not the real one or inbetween
4) others are in with things as they used to be
5) all these happen at the same time.

and people already ready to delete the game. R.E.L.A.X...we will flame away all together when its due.

-nekro, I was president in my high school class, does this count?

Hypnos
10-15-2016, 12:04 AM
Ok so first, im not gonna waste my time reading the 4 pages of complain so lemme get straight to it... is it live? Is the game on? If so then im deleting the game

Also im not joking, this thread is literally gonna have more posts than what i have, and thats too much...

Why will i delete the game? Cuz i dont wanna see my already shit nomad be shittier

Thank f*ck!

slauki
10-15-2016, 12:04 AM
my suggestion:

FlyingV
10-15-2016, 12:08 AM
Is anybody on yet? All I get is about a half a dozen screens telling me to connect to Wi-Fi, and after I exit them I get this message:

Once I exit that screen I'm waiting for the download which never makes any progress.

Nekroliun
10-15-2016, 12:12 AM
my suggestion:

Good idea!

WE ARE ALL GOING TO DIE! TREMBLE IN TERROR WE ARE FINISHED! SAY GOODBYE TO YOUR SWEET SWEET 42 5* TOONS EAGLEKNIGHT! WOW IS DEAD, WHY STILL PLAY WHEN YOUR THE ONLY ONE! JUST QUIT ALREADY YOU TALISMANS ARE SHIT, EVERYTHING YOUVE BEEN FARMING FOR THE PAST COUPLE OF MONTHS IS GONE! JUST QUIT, THE GAME IS DEAD! WOW IS DEAD! IM NOT DEAD! BUT IM GOING TO BE DEAD! AXIS COMMANDER IS DEAD! RAINMAKER IS alive... CYBORG'S BEAM ATTACK IS OP! NO BALANCE WHATSOEVER! JUST COMMIT SUICIDE! SUICIDE SOLVES EVERYTHING! IF YOUR SAD THEN COMMIT SUICIDE! IF PEOPLE GET SAD CUZ U COMMITED SUICIDE, THEN THEY SHOULD COMMIT SUICIDE! SEE? SUICIDE SOLVES EVERYTHING!

I hope you have a great day everyone :)

Aristo4
10-15-2016, 12:13 AM
If you all messing with the game end up with corrupt data's and locked accounts i'm gonna laugh for a week straight :p

Aristo4
10-15-2016, 12:16 AM
Kaz and Sparton, we need more detailed schedules, people are about to jump off rooftops.

Nicko
10-15-2016, 12:21 AM
Mine is working fine. Nerfs in place

My Samurai Eddie, which has five maxed 5* Fierce Talisman and one maxed 4* Fierce, had his ATK plummet from over 3800 to 2739

Absolutely huge nerf on the Fierce Talismans

Sinister Stairs
10-15-2016, 12:28 AM
I got the updated content (according to the loading bar), but things are buggy: None of the missions give gold (except secret locations), and my allied soldier (magus) still has 50% reflect (according to the text).

Vaseodin
10-15-2016, 12:29 AM
Mine is working fine as well. The bug for using 2 of the same character and their damage output is reduced is still present, as is the bug for the sentinel golden son's heal shield not healing nor reducing damage.

Great update! The tuning looks great! Now to see how it all works out in practice...

BillLion
10-15-2016, 12:34 AM
What stinks is I almost lost underworld hard on autoplay -never happened before. I had to jump in and switch eddies quickly before I died.

That makes me concerned about how well I'll be able to autoplay on the toughest levels without losing battles/troopers...testing to commence

Nekroliun
10-15-2016, 12:37 AM
What stinks is I almost lost underworld hard on autoplay -never happened before. I had to jump in and switch eddies quickly before I died.

That makes me concerned about how well I'll be able to autoplay on the toughest levels without losing battles/troopers...testing to commence
Dude dont scare us... i cant auto battlefield normal but still.. if u talk about nerfs, ur guranteed to make some people depressed

OpticSugar
10-15-2016, 12:39 AM

Just think of it as more challenging... As long as more predictable materials drop more frequently in lower (autoplayable) levels we'll be in better shape than we were before. Then if we want to really go for better drops, we can pull out of autoplay and play a few challenging rounds manually.

Sparton_LOTB
10-15-2016, 12:40 AM
Kaz and Sparton, we need more detailed schedules, people are about to jump off rooftops.

As the thread is pretty clearly showing, something has gone awry with the maintenance and tuning deployment. Some people have tuning data, some people don't. Our programmers have been looking into the issue all day and are still trying to track down why not everyone is getting changes, and why players with tuning changes are seeing zero'd currency rewards.

Sinister Stairs
10-15-2016, 12:45 AM
Thanks for the update...

Our programmers have been looking into...why players with tuning changes are seeing zero'd currency rewards.

I'm getting the zero currency rewards; my account is Sinister-2035, if that helps.

BillLion
10-15-2016, 12:48 AM
Dude dont scare us... i cant auto battlefield normal but still.. if u talk about nerfs, ur guranteed to make some people depressed

Well, I can auto most of underworld madness, but it's getting close now...on some battles.

CanyptianFit
10-15-2016, 12:52 AM
On twitter they posted the release is being delayed til next week.

Aristo4
10-15-2016, 12:55 AM
On twitter they posted the release is being delayed til next week.

Tuning and Drop Rate Update:
During the QA phase of this latest update we ran into some unforeseen errors. This is an important update for our players and we want to ensure that it is well executed. We will be delaying the update until early next week, and sincerely apologize for the delay.
Thank you for your continued patience

Aristo4
10-15-2016, 12:57 AM
Going to farm casted die for 4,7k and use my troopers for the day, laterz :p:p

Nicko
10-15-2016, 12:58 AM
Hadn't noticed the zero currency

I'm not even getting gold on secret locations

Nicko
10-15-2016, 01:23 AM
Looking at the numbers, both Overwhelming and Fierce Talismans were completely nerfed

Now no difference between red Talismans in ATK and green Talismans in HP

Nicko
10-15-2016, 01:26 AM
During the QA phase of this latest update we ran into some unforeseen errors. This is an important update for our players and we want to ensure that it is well executed. We will be delaying the update until early next week, and sincerely apologize for the delay.
Thank you for your continued patience

This tweet makes no sense - the update changes are already visible

Eagleknight
10-15-2016, 01:26 AM
So let me get this right... The update is not supposed to be live but it is for some people. Those people that are in the game with the update are screwed because it's being pushed until next week. Am I right so far? They can play but receive no rewards from completing missions correct?

This update also nerfed tailismans that changed the whole make up and playability of the game without mentioning it at all.

I am really trying to find something to like about this update. I was hoping that at least the drop rates would be better. Sorry that's a no. But any one that has the update please conduct your onwn tests. Mine show its actually worse and it's harder to complete missions. Auto play is just about dead at any high lvl. I haven't seen any 3* evo runes on the lower levels as of yet. Which means to me and one trying to start the game or lvl toons that way will be hard pressed.

I'm not just complaining just to do it but if this is what we end up with we are in trouble.

I want a great game not only for my self but for everyone.

maxdeviations
10-15-2016, 01:32 AM
i havnt gotten the update yet .. nothing changed so far for me. everything plays like before. but really feel sorry for the whole team working on this. they picked it up from someone else and now everything is botched up. but i must say .. if i cant autoplay with fully maxed toons on madness - that is totally unacceptable. hopefully this gets resolved soon

PsychoEddie
10-15-2016, 01:59 AM
As a person who's been savoring the game, taking my time experimenting with upgrading various talismans and trying them out, the same with various characters and their abilities, and being otherwise generally wise considering things in a strategic way now and considering what were obviously going to be changes in the game, I'm very happy and already am working out how I'll be adjusting....without having to reinvest or lose what's been invested :D

To those who didn't have any strategies in mind at all, and only had a single tactic instead: upgrading 2 talismans and tapping like mad and are whinging here now, in this topic, you made your own beds, if you need further assistance call the

Nicko
10-15-2016, 02:15 AM
As a person who's been savoring the game, taking my time experimenting with upgrading various talismans and trying them out, the same with various characters and their abilities, and being otherwise generally wise considering things in a strategic way now and considering what were obviously going to be changes in the game, I'm very happy and already am working out how I'll be adjusting....without having to reinvest or lose what's been invested :D

To those who didn't have any strategies in mind at all, and only had a single tactic instead: upgrading 2 talismans and tapping like mad and are whinging here now, in this topic, you made your own beds, if you need further assistance call the

If your "strategy" was developing green Talismans that didn't offer maximum HP or red talismans that didn't result in maximum attack Id love to know the rationale

Farming evo runes is a lot of work, so almost anyone with a clue focused on Overwhelming or Fierce Talismans for green and red

aur0ra85
10-15-2016, 02:27 AM

I feel like you should just be banned. Abusive ego maniac.

Eagleknight
10-15-2016, 02:29 AM
Here is a good observation. I just completed using all of my troopers a process that i do every day and it takes 45 minutes. The process today took almost 2 hours. The yeild was there 3* evo runes on madness. This means that not everyone's trooper will get used every day by a casual player and the lower level players will have a harder time getting help if they are not using an Eddie.

And for those of you that think I'm whining. If you call stating problems with the update whining too bad.

I have worked out several strategies for winning on this game. But changing the core build of almost every players build is not ok. Especially when those players have been playing from the start and have time and money invested in it.

I actually play this game allot and have put my time into if you do not believe me just look at my character pool and tailismans.

If no one says it's wrong and not broken then it will keep happening. If you have read my posts before today you would see that I have supported the devs, helped players out, and made suggestions that would help the game. Not send it back to a new starting point.

I am reporting what I see of the update and how it plays. That's it.

Tucci
10-15-2016, 02:47 AM
Delete the app and download it again to get back in if you have "The connect to wifi" problem. Just remember your log in info. I just did it and it worked.

Brian 9579

Tucci
10-15-2016, 02:51 AM
Oh and it still crashes like before :)

Kaijester
10-15-2016, 04:17 AM
Words of encouragement for the game team:

aur0ra85
10-15-2016, 04:26 AM
I don't appear to have an update? It's still dropping cyclone talismans for me. Lol

PsychoEddie
10-15-2016, 04:51 AM

Not likely that I'll be banned for speaking truth just because a single forum member experiences butthurt over it to the point of wanting me gone.

Mizrael
10-15-2016, 05:17 AM
Sooooo.....i played the game for months without creating an account...and now i have the "downloading some more s*#t connect to wi-fi" loop issue...does that mean that i have to reinstall and all my data will be lost?!

MetalWarrior
10-15-2016, 05:20 AM

Not likely that I'll be banned for speaking truth just because a single forum member experiences butthurt over it to the point of wanting me gone.

if you want to fight with each other,wait until PVP release,this platform is excluded from fighting zone,truth is all good without disrespecting.
i think it is too much expectation and love of maiden/LOTB will kill you ... i suggest my beloved maideners to take a deep breath while you enjoy the following video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivbO3s1udic

Reeb99
10-15-2016, 05:29 AM
I just don't think it's a good strategy for the first thing for a new manager to do is widely swinging around the nerf bat. That generally doesn't go over well. Bringing others up to that level is usually the smarter thing, even though it takes longer.

Eagleknight
10-15-2016, 05:44 AM
Last update for the night. Tried to beat number of the Beast with the same team I used to beat it origanlly. Pharaoh Eddie, red rocked dog, and nomad. The big difference in this team is pharaoh Eddie and red rocked dog are almost fully skill sharded and when I beat the game the first time they weren't. I failed miserably. Tried using soldier Eddie and he was one shoted In the second phase of boss. I had to use 40 irons to beat it 2 times.

Also went through another 80 sands in game of death drops were not good and 0 3* evo runes.

Hopefully someone else that also has the patch has done some testing and had better results.

Adrea
10-15-2016, 06:07 AM
No updates here nothing to download. Dev's can you please tell us when you had updated the game.

Piece of Mind
10-15-2016, 06:23 AM
If I have a username, user ID number, and email account entered, is that enough to recover the save data? Should I uninstall/reinstall or wait for the issue to be fixed?

Adrea
10-15-2016, 06:44 AM
yes i am playing on emulator and i reinstall the emulator once per month and i just log with my e-mail account and pass

Nekroliun
10-15-2016, 07:44 AM
DAMN WHY DO DEV THREADS NEVER DIE! JUST DIE ALREADY!

Die

slauki
10-15-2016, 11:25 AM
every time the same in each online game and each guild/community...some things go wrong or some people get bored so they are becoming mean and ugly to each other...it's a fucking game guys no need to scream for blood. i don't think getting rough will do anything positive it will just ruin the environment, so that even less people will play the game and reading this forum. this is really unneccesary and it hurts the game and the community...
criticism is okay as long as it's respectfull. don't get me wrong, things are messed up and it's very okay to mention that, but really no need to insult each other...

Qed
10-15-2016, 11:32 AM
I didn't even understand if the patch is out or not, nothing to download here btw.

osiris0000
10-15-2016, 11:49 AM
Nothing new from my side, everything is still same..

Mizrael
10-15-2016, 11:52 AM
I tried to open the game again in hope that some wonder fixed the "downloading additional data" loop...it didn't. but the pop up about skill shards being in the store now still works :) this is a proper slap in the face! just rub in some more salt _LOTBs! (apology to my troopers Slauki,Qued,Eagleknight and 47 others...there won't be any badges from me any time soon)

Aristo4
10-15-2016, 11:55 AM
Weird playing with a trooper's toon who has the update already...I see your Pharaoh with 50k HP and you see yours with 40K HP.

$#@$@#%$ mess.

Jack-8799
10-15-2016, 12:03 PM
I don't think I have the update. I am not sure I want it. Nerf bats and drop rates that are even worse? I have played since day one. Those were the good old days. I have barely maxed a talisman since.

Arcturus
10-15-2016, 12:22 PM
And for those of you that think I'm whining. If you call stating problems with the update whining too bad.

I have worked out several strategies for winning on this game. But changing the core build of almost every players build is not ok. Especially when those players have been playing from the start and have time and money invested in it.

I actually play this game allot and have put my time into if you do not believe me just look at my character pool and tailismans.

If no one says it's wrong and not broken then it will keep happening. If you have read my posts before today you would see that I have supported the devs, helped players out, and made suggestions that would help the game. Not send it back to a new starting point.

I am reporting what I see of the update and how it plays. That's it.

I'm more on EagleKnight's side now. Not that it's the end of the world, but it is a big deal, and devs should know how people feel about it. It really is a huge nerf to a ton of characters. Basically sets us back a lot in what can be beaten or autofarmed. I'm basically back a world on auto farming (was doing early levels of Underworld Madness, now have to do Battlefield Madness or Underworld Hard). I don't think I could beat the game again with my current team.

Props to the devs for releasing a detailed list of character tuning well in advance, but something big like this should have been on there. The talisman nerf was big. All that said, i'm willing to wait and see how it all settles out. And I like how it's more clear what drops and I like the progression/spread of talismans/runes across the worlds. Makes it much easier to plan (drop rates are another issue).

Here is a good observation. I just completed using all of my troopers a process that i do every day and it takes 45 minutes. The process today took almost 2 hours. The yeild was there 3* evo runes on madness. This means that not everyone's trooper will get used every day by a casual player and the lower level players will have a harder time getting help if they are not using an Eddie.
Not really sure why troopers won't get used, though? Anyone affected by the nerf is basically set back a few levels. If there's an underpowered trooper, you just run a lower level.
Same goes for time spent. It's just harder to win the levels that were easy before. It sucks, but it's there's an easy solution - play an easier level for a while. Maybe I'm misunderstanding the complaint here.

I also got 3* rainbow evo runes on Battlefield Madness & Underworld Hard.

Weird playing with a trooper's toon who has the update already...I see your Pharaoh with 50k HP and you see yours with 40K HP.

$#@$@#%$ mess. I'm pretty sure all my troopers are showing up nerfed for me. Are you saying you don't have the update but some troopers are nerfed? That seems odd. I assumed if you didn't have the update it wouldn't apply to troopers either.

Sinister Stairs
10-15-2016, 12:23 PM
I just noticed that completing battles no longer rewards xp either, in addition to not rewarding gold. I did get some ironite rewards, but I can't recall if it was secret location or otherwise; haven't paid close enough attention to time awards.

EDIT: I'm getting trooper rewards, but player rank is not advancing.

Aristo4
10-15-2016, 12:28 PM
I'm pretty sure all my troopers are showing up nerfed for me. Are you saying you don't have the update but some troopers are nerfed?.

Yes I don't have the update. No, I don't see anything nerfed anywhere. Even the players that reported having their toons nerfed, show up pretty normal here.

Arcturus
10-15-2016, 12:29 PM
Yes I don't have the update. No, I don't see anything nerfed anywhere. Even the players that reported having their toons nerfed, show up pretty normal here.

Ah, I misunderstood. Thanks.

Nekroliun
10-15-2016, 12:31 PM
Seems like the devs fucked up... i hope they rethink about the talisman nerfs...

Also, back in the day you could beat the game with certain 4* teams right? Well if eagleknight cant beat the game with his maxed out chars then wtf are we supposed to do?

This "Balancing" act is ruining the game...

Kaijester
10-15-2016, 12:40 PM
every time the same in each online game and each guild/community...some things go wrong or some people get bored so they are becoming mean and ugly to each other...it's a fucking game guys no need to scream for blood. i don't think getting rough will do anything positive it will just ruin the environment, so that even less people will play the game and reading this forum. this is really unneccesary and it hurts the game and the community...
criticism is okay as long as it's respectfull. don't get me wrong, things are messed up and it's very okay to mention that, but really no need to insult each other...

Good Guy Kai agrees!

At first I was unhappy with the news of talisman nerfs, but didn't a lot of people find this game getting easy? It will put a challenge in this game again...

Nekroliun
10-15-2016, 01:05 PM
Good Guy Kai agrees!

At first I was unhappy with the news of talisman nerfs, but didn't a lot of people find this game getting easy? It will put a challenge in this game again...

Yeah i agree...

But eagleknight used a maxed out team... and it lost in phase 2 of the beast... we did ask for harder gameplay but we didnt ask for extreme hardcore gameplay...

Nicko
10-15-2016, 01:32 PM
A few observations:

I have been Autofarming Game of Death in Underworld Madness pretty consistently. Died maybe 1 out of 10 run throughs and needed to revive

3* Rune drop rates seem similar to before. In 240 Sands of Time last night (started full and two refills) farming Underworld Madness, primarily The Prisoner and Game of Death, got four 3* Rainbow runes. They dropped three times - one drop gave me two, which I had never seen before

Ran through a full 80 SoT this morning in same places and didn't get one 3* Rainbow Rune. Bummer

Number of the Beast is definitely harder! Or at least seems that way as I died during the third round each time and had to revive. Was not using Blue Soldier like when I beat the game originally. Carriage Eddie's special no longer prevents the respawn, so I wonder if it it will also have no effect on the LoL Ghosting.

More random observations as they come...

slauki
10-15-2016, 01:47 PM
A few observations:

I have been Autofarming Game of Death in Underworld Madness pretty consistently. Died maybe 1 out of 10 run throughs and needed to revive

3* Rune drop rates seem similar to before. In 240 Sands of Time last night (started full and two refills) farming Underworld Madness, primarily The Prisoner and Game of Death, got four 3* Rainbow runes. They dropped three times - one drop gave me two, which I had never seen before

Ran through a full 80 SoT this morning in same places and didn't get one 3* Rainbow Rune. Bummer

Number of the Beast is definitely harder! Or at least seems that way as I died during the third round each time and had to revive. Was not using Blue Soldier like when I beat the game originally. Carriage Eddie's special no longer prevents the respawn, so I wonder if it it will also have no effect on the LoL Ghosting.

More random observations as they come...

i wouldn't put too much into this. i could imagine, that some changes applied while others don't. nobody is supposed to get the update, so things seem to be hard messed up right now, that's why i think it's too early to draw any conclusions. for me nothing changed until now (and i'm happy with this ;-) ).

Sleestak
10-15-2016, 01:48 PM
I think this nerf update would be a much easier pill to swallow if it came with some new content. Being able to dive into Night City or Brave new world and getting a change of scenery would be so motivating that I wouldn't really mind that a couple of talismans have been nerfed. But right now that is the only thing we have to focus on. For those that have reached the upper limits of the game and have to sell toons/mats just to keep playing, we're itching for some sort of expanded game play. When a much anticipated update does come through and it generally makes progress even more restrictive, it will naturally be frustrating. With updates so few and far between, there is no light at the end of the tunnel for end game restrictions.

That said, I think this is a great game and I think the devs are doing a great job at making it even better. I won't lose the faith just because of one update because I know there are so many great directions it can go in. But until some new content comes out, it's difficult to invest a large amount of time or money when all I can do is get trooper points and hope for 3* shards/runes along the way.

Demoonchild
10-15-2016, 01:50 PM
Maybe the best solution here is:

Since the most used talismans get nerfed(Fierce and overwhelming), and the chars which uses them now deals less damage and have less life (in some cases 1000 damage and 15000 Hp diference) devs should "nerf" enemies ATK and HP(yes just like the talis). That way the impact should be more balanced....
...Is a little unfair to deal less damage have less HP, and enemies stats stays just as always...

What did you think guys???

Nekroliun
10-15-2016, 01:59 PM
Maybe the best solution here is:

Since the most used talismans get nerfed(Fierce and overwhelming), and the chars which uses them now deals less damage and have less life (in some cases 1000 damage and 15000 Hp diference) devs should "nerf" enemies ATK and HP(yes just like the talis). That way the impact should be more balanced....
...Is a little unfair to deal less damage have less HP, and enemies stats stays just as always...

What did you think guys???thats a solid idea! Dont enemies technically have talismans equipped? Since you can see the blue numbers next to the base stats?

Nicko
10-15-2016, 02:11 PM
i wouldn't put too much into this. i could imagine, that some changes applied while others don't. nobody is supposed to get the update, so things seem to be hard messed up right now, that's why i think it's too early to draw any conclusions. for me nothing changed until now (and i'm happy with this ;-) ).

I don't think anything here is a negative, though I would like to see the 3* Evo rune drop rate beefed up

Ive actually enjoyed things being a tad more challenging despite my initial apprehension. And some of the nerfs do make sense - Blue Allied Soldiers hits were WAY too heavy - now they're more in line with where they should be . I'll be playing Number of the Beast today trying to beat it without revive - and it's kind of nice having a challenge in this game again other than farming!

Vertax616
10-15-2016, 03:50 PM
I don't think anything here is a negative, though I would like to see the 3* Evo rune drop rate beefed up

Ive actually enjoyed things being a tad more challenging despite my initial apprehension. And some of the nerfs do make sense - Blue Allied Soldiers hits were WAY too heavy - now they're more in line with where they should be . I'll be playing Number of the Beast today trying to beat it without revive - and it's kind of nice having a challenge in this game again other than farming!

Exactly my thoughts on this, my approach to this tuning is like what Opticsugar and Kaijester said on this thread.

PsychoEddie
10-15-2016, 05:42 PM

Well said and I'm looking forward to more adjustments like this, the challenge and other features/benefits.

Devs will be able to look at the raw actual statistics to see how things are working out and go from there.

I'm enjoying the game even more now that I know positive changes are going on as well....no crying here whatsoever, adapting and improving instead.

Eagleknight
10-15-2016, 05:53 PM
New test on drop rates in game of death madness ran 25 matches with PSS fully maxed, red rocked dog fully maxed, and soldier Eddie maxed tailismans and lvl. All matches played manually and I died 2 times had to revive.

Looks as PSS heal proc has been nerfed.
No boost health after completing each phase.

The drops:
6 1* rainbow evo shard
1 3* green evo shard
2 1* resilience tailisman shield
4 3* orange evo rune
1 2* void tailisman shield
6 2* rainbow evo rune
1 1* warp tailisman onslaught
2 3* red evo rune
2 2* green evo shard
1 3* rainbow rune
3 1* blue evo rune
3 4* blue rune
9 4* green rune
1 3* blue evo rune
1 1* warp tailisman will
3 1* purple evo rune
1 3* purple evo rune
2 2* orange evo rune
3 4* red rune
2 2* yellow evo shard
1 3* purple evo rune

Ok the drop rates are bad but something is not right because warp talismans were supposed to have been removed.
Yes it is a harder game now but this hard when using maxed toons. This means that new players or players still trying to level their toons are in for a world of hurt. If the drop rates stay as they are those same players will have to spend around 1 month just to get 3 tailismans to max lvl.

Players that have maxed toons will have a hard time with the game with this update think about the other players (new or casual) they will not be able to even complete the current content.

I'm looking forward to try and beat rift x later. I have a feeling it will be a massive fail.

I want this to succeed but if you make a game were players can't progress the game fails. From my understanding this is supposed to be a casual game not one that requires 2 hrs of time just to use your troopers.

Aristo4
10-15-2016, 05:58 PM
something is not right because warp talismans were supposed to have been removed

That's why i'd want a response from the devs on what was changed for those that are updated.
Is it the real thing? Is it incomplete?

Eagleknight
10-15-2016, 06:12 PM
I want a response. But I don't think we will get one till after the weekend.

The Educated fool
10-15-2016, 06:17 PM
good lord you guys talk alot...

lol--Of all people! Nekro, coming from you, this put a smile on my face. :cool: There definitely is a lot of talk in this thread though... and there does seem to be a lot to talk about!

nobody is supposed to get the update, so things seem to be hard messed up right now, that's why i think it's too early to draw any conclusions. for me nothing changed until now (and i'm happy with this ;-) ).

For me, this is where things stand too... my game hasn't changed at all, so I can't draw many conclusions... other than one.

The fact that we were given so much information about the coming changes to the game here on the board was really nice. The extra communication with the developers was something that a lot of people here had asked for, and when we got it, with specific questions answered very quickly in the threads, it felt very encouraging, and like real progress, given how little information we were given from the previous development team. All of this being the case, the fact that there was absolutely no warning beforehand (at least, beforehand had things gone as scheduled) that some talismans would be so radically adjusted seems... suspicious to me. This was going to be a contentious issue, and that had to be known--much like the changes to certain characters (CG and Allied Soldier in particular)--and people were going to need time to discuss/lament and get used to the idea, so why not let us know about all of the changes that were coming at the same time? Generally, good surprises are the only ones to shoot for, are they not?

As others have said in this thread, changes that weaken/balance certain characters (with many new characters now affected, due to the change in talismans) would be much more palatable with the addition of extra content to balance it out. Something I haven't seen mentioned at all is the proposed changes to what is available in the store for trooper badges... particularly, the new character, Trooper Eddie, that was proposed to be the one that would come first. I had thought that this change was coming with this update, and it seems now that I may have gotten that wrong? It is hard not to be disappointed with the direction of the game at the moment, as it currently appears to be. Since the hammer hasn't truly fallen all the way yet for everyone though, I shall continue to wait and see...

Arcturus
10-15-2016, 06:38 PM
A minor thing I noticed: I know it was announced that 1* talismans would only boost one stat, with additional stat boosts as it was upgraded. This doesn't bother me in theory, but I think it's going to throw new players off, since you won't know which type to upgrade (or possibly understand why 2 otherwise identical talismans have different names). For instance, a 1* green Ward talisman will look exactly the same as a 1* Overwhelming talisman, so you won't know which one to upgrade for a certain character.

Maybe at 1 or 2 stars material is easy enough to come by so it won't matter, or they added/will add something to the tutorial, but it seems like it could be confusing.

The Educated fool
10-15-2016, 06:39 PM
Good point. I think you're right... it does have potential to confuse new players.

vikirosen
10-15-2016, 06:46 PM
I've been putting up with all the bugs in this game for a very long time now (since launch), and I was hoping that this latest update would fix at least some of them. However, I can't even play the game now (on Android 6). This was the last straw. Time to uninstall.

AmBush-UK
10-15-2016, 06:49 PM
UPDATED Status from Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/IronMaidenLegacyoftheBeast/)

QA - Quality Assurance

Thank you for your continued patience.
-----------------------------------------------
October 14 Tuning Update: Thank you for your patience! Our server update will take place at 11am PST today. The game will be down for a few hours.
-----------------------------------------------
October 13 Tuning Update: We’ve run into a couple of issues with getting you the Tuning Update today. We’re working through them and are targeting to get the update to you tomorrow (October 14).
We really appreciate your understanding and we’ll reach out to you again when we have more news.
------------------------------------------------
Server Update at 2pm PST today.
Attention Legacy of the Beast players! The game will be unavailable today starting at 2pm PST while we implement our Tuning and Drop Rate Update. The game will be down for approximately 1 hour.
Thank you for your patience.

https://www.facebook.com/IronMaidenLegacyoftheBeast/

Eagleknight
10-15-2016, 07:17 PM
I've been putting up with all the bugs in this game for a very long time now (since launch), and I was hoping that this latest update would fix at least some of them. However, I can't even play the game now (on Android 6). This was the last straw. Time to uninstall.

I feel ya brother. But I'm not throwing in the towel just yet. I am hoping they fix this and realize they have made a huge mistake. I am also hoping that the update I have been playing with is some kind of error. Give them a bit of time they are trying to fix major issues that fell into their lap.

Sparton_LOTB
10-16-2016, 07:27 AM
Sorry about the communication blackout everyone. I've been keeping a pulse on the team's work throughout today and wanted to relay what I can before I head to bed.

Without getting into too many technical details (which I might still get wrong), the tuning update we tried to push out ran into complications, and when we tried to hold it back, it seems that some people got them anyways (partially). There's an issue in the app version of the game that's live which is preventing people from all being on the set of game data, so some people have new data and some people have old.

However, for anyone who does have tuning changes, the actual rewards being dropped are still the old values, because the servers are arbitrating the rewards. This likely is also why the 0 gold/0 XP/etc is occurring for people with the tuning changes; the client and server disagree on that and something is 0'ing out those numbers. From what I can tell, deleting your cache (Android)/deleting and reinstalling (iOS) should force you to redownload the entirety of the old data so you can at least get gold and XP again from battles. As with any time you're doing that, though, make sure you have your username/email/password saved and ready t

The team has fixes in place in an internal build. Much of our team (QA and other departments) have been helping to hammer it today, and we'll be continuing to work on it tomorrow to release ASAP.

Vertax616
10-16-2016, 08:35 AM
Sorry about the communication blackout everyone. I've been keeping a pulse on the team's work throughout today and wanted to relay what I can before I head to bed.

Without getting into too many technical details (which I might still get wrong), the tuning update we tried to push out ran into complications, and when we tried to hold it back, it seems that some people got them anyways (partially). There's an issue in the app version of the game that's live which is preventing people from all being on the set of game data, so some people have new data and some people have old.

However, for anyone who does have tuning changes, the actual rewards being dropped are still the old values, because the servers are arbitrating the rewards. This likely is also why the 0 gold/0 XP/etc is occurring for people with the tuning changes; the client and server disagree on that and something is 0'ing out those numbers. From what I can tell, deleting your cache (Android)/deleting and reinstalling (iOS) should force you to redownload the entirety of the old data so you can at least get gold and XP again from battles. As with any time you're doing that, though, make sure you have your username/email/password saved and ready t

The team has fixes in place in an internal build. Much of our team (QA and other departments) have been helping to hammer it today, and we'll be continuing to work on it tomorrow to release ASAP.

Thank you very much Sparton for the detailed response.

tex-0775
10-16-2016, 09:06 AM
Thanks for the info Sparton

My view of the update/nerf: I think that balancing out some of the chars is fine, but leveling everything out is wrong. Instead I think that you should have created more "peaks". What I mean is, talismans are being leveled out, more equal, but you if you would have taken, lets say green/ward, and made the "magic" rise equally as "overwhelming" when leveling from 4* to 5*, then it would have been more of a choice. The game is already made so that you're not overpowered against all, so this idea could probably have been applied to chars too, so that some of the never used chars in one way or the other could be overpowered, when facing x-toon. I hope you get what i mean.

tex

Adrea
10-16-2016, 09:29 AM
Over 30 LOL lvl 8 and JUST the 1st battle with 3* evo rune!!! here no update!!! and lose over 300 ionite :(

NOW I HAD REINSTALL THE APP LET'S SEE

BillLion
10-16-2016, 10:37 AM

Thank you, the reinstall brought me back to the old version where I again receive currency and my Pharaoh Eddie is restored to his former glory (albeit temporarily).

I do hope you guys will consider the feedback regarding the talismans...that's a tough one.

But I do want to say, I trust you guys are going to get this right despite the problems inherited and present hiccups. Thanks for your commitment to making this game great!

Mizrael
10-16-2016, 11:39 AM
From what I can tell, deleting your cache (Android)/deleting and reinstalling (iOS) should force you to redownload the entirety of the old data so you can at least get gold and XP again from battles. As with any time you're doing that, though, make sure you have your username/email/password saved and ready

I'm gonna ask it again: What about players, who don't have the game sinced with FB/email/roundhouse account? I lost 2 days of playing,trooper badges,login rewards,etc. and i can't do anything about it, because my client is still stuck at the "additional data download". if i reinstall now i will lose all my data=can as well just delete the app and move on with my life(3 months of every day hardcore gaming and some real money invested will go down the drain, not because i did something wrong...) :(

Reeb99
10-16-2016, 12:36 PM
Speaking just from my own experience, I'd just wait it out if you didn't sync and are having problems. Once the game updates again, it should push the correct update to make it playable. Definitely sync once you get sorted though, email is the easiest way.

Mizrael
10-16-2016, 12:51 PM
Speaking just from my own experience, I'd just wait it out if you didn't sync and are having problems. Once the game updates again, it should push the correct update to make it playable. Definitely sync once you get sorted though, email is the easiest way.
Yeah, that's the plan;) Thanks for the advice. Im just having a bit of a cold turkey here. didn't play for 2 days now and it's upsetting to miss out on few daily rewards and thousands of trooper badges. but i'm definitely not touching anything. tried to reinstall on my ipad and lost a low lvl account. don't want to lose my main lvl80+ acc on the iphone as well.
and i'm definitely syncing the email as soon as i get back in.

slauki
10-16-2016, 03:08 PM
Yeah, that's the plan;) Thanks for the advice. Im just having a bit of a cold turkey here. didn't play for 2 days now and it's upsetting to miss out on few daily rewards and thousands of trooper badges. but i'm definitely not touching anything. tried to reinstall on my ipad and lost a low lvl account. don't want to lose my main lvl80+ acc on the iphone as well.
and i'm definitely syncing the email as soon as i get back in.

wait and drink some coffe against the cold turkey :-) ...the new update should solve your problem.in the meantime i'll send you 25 badges every day to lesser the pain ;-)

@ sparton: thanks for the detailed info, i still belive in you...

Eagleknight
10-16-2016, 03:58 PM
Sparton, thank you for the information. I am glad the devs are working on the issues and things are headed in a good direction. However, from what I understand of your post is that those who did receive the partial update were indeed experancing how the characters will preform after the update. If this is the case I would ask that you review that part of the update because:

A good team fully maxed skillshards included if failing on number of the beast madness.
(If a maxed team can't do it how is a player that hasn't beat the game expected to.

The auto feature is almost is not a real option at high lvl if you expect to win.

How are new players or players that are not maxed out expected to succeed. When getting the specific toons with the right abilities is still a random factor.

I tried a play through with non maxed toons using only half 50 half 40 tailismans and couldn't even get close to beating the game.

I did not try my toons in the rift as I switched back to the old version. But I believe that the team I normally use to beat yellow rift x would have failed.

From what I saw this update lowered the damage output of allot. For example a maxed red rocked dog hits for on average 1200 less on each hit and others were worse.

I put in around 30 hours testing the update and I have some real concerns espessially for lowere level players. With my character pool of allot of 5*'100 toons I found ways to win but not everyone has a pool like that to draw from.

One last concern was the ability of this game to remain a casual game. To use all 50 of my troopers it takes me around 45 min or 1 hour if I use them on rift x but it took over 2 hours to complete the same task after the partial update. Also with the difficulty increases this much people will be required to spend twice the amount of time to make any real progress in the game.

I personally like thing a little more difficult but when considering the games entire player base I don't believe the game should be this difficult.

I know I have been very vocal about this update but that is because I love this game and was not prepared for such a harsh nerf. I had the partial update so I tested it and voiced my concerns for the people that did not have it. I the hope that is this patch does go through the way it is now they can be prepared.

Thank you devs for all your hard work and please listen to the concerns of your players.

hold
10-16-2016, 04:28 PM
Somebody mentioned it somewhere before: Removable Skill Shards would soften the nerf a lot ... at least this way one could react to a certain degree to a slap in the face like this.

BillLion
10-16-2016, 06:54 PM
One last concern was the ability of this game to remain a casual game. To use all 50 of my troopers it takes me around 45 min or 1 hour if I use them on rift x but it took over 2 hours to complete the same task after the partial update. Also with the difficulty increases this much people will be required to spend twice the amount of time to make any real progress in the game.

Thank you devs for all your hard work and please listen to the concerns of your players.

This is a great point. I play a fair amount, but I can't add time. I love that you can do well at this game without having to constantly be on. That's why I quit Contest of Champions a year ago even though I loved the game. Please, don't make it a grind-fest! :)

Mizrael
10-16-2016, 07:07 PM
Instead I think that you should have created more "peaks". What I mean is, talismans are being leveled out, more equal, but you if you would have taken, lets say green/ward, and made the "magic" rise equally as "overwhelming" when leveling from 4* to 5*, then it would have been more of a choice. The game is already made so that you're not overpowered against all, so this idea could probably have been applied to chars too, so that some of the never used chars in one way or the other could be overpowered, when facing x-toon. I hope you get what i mean.

tex

This! I also always thought that it's in fact the other talismans which need fixing. If ward would give significantly more magic and you would have a magic type char, you wouldn't look at overwhelming as OP. Or you could use talismans which add def/m.res to build your character in a defensive way. Lowering fierces and overwhelmings stats just makes all talismans a bit meh...
Plus like Eagleknight mentioned, it makes the later levels extremely hard which will put alot of casual players off. and it also puts you as developers in front of another task to find another way for players to strengthen their team in order to progress in the future chapters. if you can hardly beat the beast with fully maxed 5* team you will probably get big time ass kicked in the first lvl of the night city/hard (not mentioning that most of the people don't have a legion of 5*s like Eagleknight). You guys should really reconsider this nerf, because it sounds like a huge step in the wrong direction...

PS.: Thanks Slauki,but i will probably only receive the last 25 badges from you anyway. thats IF i'll ever be able to get back ingame. Judging on what we have seen so far it might take: weeks of radio silence,3 announcements promising some cool new features to calm the crowd down, then few more weeks of radio silence, 3 days of applying new bugs...sorry...updates, few apologies and more promises from Sparton, a roll back and a biiiig blessing from all the gods before things move forwards. (pardon my sarcasm,but as they say "fool me once..." )

Sparton_LOTB
10-16-2016, 07:23 PM
Quick update on fixing the data discrepancies; we have a build submitted, but we're still working on testing it to ensure it doesn't introduce more problems than we're solving.

My view of the update/nerf: I think that balancing out some of the chars is fine, but leveling everything out is wrong. Instead I think that you should have created more "peaks". What I mean is, talismans are being leveled out, more equal, but you if you would have taken, lets say green/ward, and made the "magic" rise equally as "overwhelming" when leveling from 4* to 5*, then it would have been more of a choice. The game is already made so that you're not overpowered against all, so this idea could probably have been applied to chars too, so that some of the never used chars in one way or the other could be overpowered, when facing x-toon. I hope you get what i mean.

Our intent is that's what the set bonuses were there for; if you want a lot of health, you should go for all greens, then you push a bit further with more Health/Stone talismans for more raw defensive stats, or Energy talismans if you want to trade that extra flexibility for getting more energy, or Paralysis/Blind if you want to add crowd control-capabilities, etc. The point of the subtypes is being able to customize the secondary stats, not have exceedingly more of the primary in some cases. That said...

I do hope you guys will consider the feedback regarding the talismans...that's a tough one.

We hear you all loud and clear. While I do not want to return to the point where certain subtypes were clearly incorrect choices because of copy+paste errors/lack of foresight making others way stronger than they should have been, I plan on investigating this further and taking everyone's thoughts and suggestions into account.

I'm gonna ask it again: What about players, who don't have the game sinced with FB/email/roundhouse account? I lost 2 days of playing,trooper badges,login rewards,etc. and i can't do anything about it, because my client is still stuck at the "additional data download". if i reinstall now i will lose all my data=can as well just delete the app and move on with my life(3 months of every day hardcore gaming and some real money invested will go down the drain, not because i did something wrong...) :(

Unfortunately, I personally can't help with this manner, although our team is still working on solving this for you and others. For more information on our investigation of a thorough fix for this, please read this post (http://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?2113-FAO-Sparton-and-or-Kaz&p=15601&viewfull=1#post15601) I made earlier this week.

Sparton, thank you for the information. I am glad the devs are working on the issues and things are headed in a good direction. However, from what I understand of your post is that those who did receive the partial update were indeed experancing how the characters will preform after the update. If this is the case I would ask that you review that part of the update because:

[Lots of good reasons]

Me and Kaz could probably write essays on the subject, but the short version for right now is that we want this game to encourage players to have a wide variety of powerful characters. Just having a team of max level/max talisman/maxed skills characters shouldn't be enough to steamroll the campaign (even if you're talking about 5 stars straight from souls!). Strategizing and bringing teams that not only work well with each other but work well at countering the enemies of a particular battle should be key to be able to progress pass the various difficulty points in the game (for the campaign and for the upcoming PVP).

Under the previous balancing, certain talismans made you way stronger than we intended, allowing players to use less characters because they can just move some talismans around if it's really needed instead of maxing out the right talismans of the right subtypes for the characters in question. Certain characters also were just always so damn useful that they had much of the same effect. Obviously those characters (and talismans) will still have some great usability after the tuning adjustments, as the intent is not to make them worthless... it's just to make them not the universally correct answer for nearly every encounter in the game.

aur0ra85
10-16-2016, 07:51 PM
1. Please consider buffing the fierce talismans again to a maybe not quite so high as previous if necessary. I have a feeling my samurai is going to be vendor trash after the update. He literally lived and died doing the damage that he used to and any kind of a nerf to his damage output is going to make him near obsolete. The character just does not have the abilities to survive without the damage output. I feel like he should in fact be investigated for bugs as his damage output Unbuffed is very poor.
2. Please consider buffing all green talismans by a substantial amount (1000HP?), again, maybe not quite to the realm that they were before, but the enemies do such incredible damage at level 10 of the rifts, most of the characters will not last long anymore.
3. Please consider buffing the purple, blue, and yellow talismans by about 500HP for reasons as stated above. Purple characters were for the most part unusable even before the overwhelming nerf, and I was stacking multiple health talismans on them.
4. I have no idea how good the drop rate is going to be post update: but if it's not around the realm of what it was prior to August update, it's probably not high enough for me to rebuild all my toons and talismans. I've given up farming as of a week or so ago, and I will not put myself through that again. I'm sorry. I am at ends with this game and nothing short of an amazing drop rate will change my stance ->and I do intend to buy gold for all my new upgrades provided the drop rate is substantial.
5. Thank you much for all the effort and communication, I'm grateful and it's appreciated.

Eagleknight
10-16-2016, 08:01 PM
Sparton, thanks for the response. I agree that mixing and matching charters should be an inportant aspect of the game. But to beat the game after the update you would need charters that have the right effect for the given area. If you don't have the right toon with that effect your done. Yes certain tailismans can help with this
Freezing/stun but most of those don't even effect a boss fight like in number of the beast.

In pvp I get it you want several combos that can win. I focusing only on the pve aspect of the game. Pve and pvp are almost always two different communities but mabey this will be different. My main concern is that the focus is leaning toward pvp combat and pve is being effected by it.

The extra time sink created by these changes could also cause problems. Not for me but for a casual player it could mean the difference between continuing or moving on to a new game.

Some people have had really bad luck with the rng In obtaining certain charterers. By making it were only a select group of characters that have the needed skill to be successful in a specific fight a bottleneck can be created. With the game the ways it is yes some toons are more bennificial but they are not required to beat a level. You can change characters when you want without fear of failing.

I am willing to wait and see how things work out but from what I've seen of the update I am concerned.

Just curious during the testing of this update has successful play through been made using charterers with only maxed tailismans and no skillshards on the current pvp content and rifts x lvls. I only ask this because I couldn't do the underworld completely with my toons set up like that and the lvl 50 tailismans that I had available.

Ringe666-7406
10-16-2016, 08:05 PM
Me and Kaz could probably write essays on the subject, but the short version for right now is that we want this game to encourage players to have a wide variety of powerful characters. Just having a team of max level/max talisman/maxed skills characters shouldn't be enough to steamroll the campaign (even if you're talking about 5 stars straight from souls!). Strategizing and bringing teams that not only work well with each other but work well at countering the enemies of a particular battle should be key to be able to progress pass the various difficulty points in the game (for the campaign and for the upcoming PVP).

Under the previous balancing, certain talismans made you way stronger than we intended, allowing players to use less characters because they can just move some talismans around if it's really needed instead of maxing out the right talismans of the right subtypes for the characters in question. Certain characters also were just always so damn useful that they had much of the same effect. Obviously those characters (and talismans) will still have some great usability after the tuning adjustments, as the intent is not to make them worthless... it's just to make them not the universally correct answer for nearly every encounter in the game.

But then enhance ward, safeguard and all other talisman classes... Fighting with terrible droprates for 3* rainbow evo runes for months, barely upgrading any talisman, and when I do, I get nerf bat in the center of my face... Level them up to better side... I planned to use various talismans, and I used lot of various, but now it is like pulling me way back... I will have at least 10 of them nerfed and they WILL stand there for nothing, while I'll have to upgrade some others instead... As someone who plays from the first day, and someone who has Corrupt General, magus Allied soldier, Soldier Eddie and assassin Golden son with 3 fierce talismans each and more than halfway to maxing out Mummy Eddie with overwhelming talismans (which is one pretty big variety, you will agree), I can only say that this is not just unfair, but killing my thirst for this game to the end. Five of this chars, three and a half months grinding and what not, and all of them will be cut for so much... Please, please prove me wrong.

slauki
10-16-2016, 08:22 PM

thank you again, for the communication, it's very appreciated. maybe some thoughts to consider:

i like the mentioned approach, because it will make the game more challenging and more suitable for pvp. but that means also, that every player needs many more appropriate and maximized characters, any many more maximized and appropriate talismans.This is very hard to do, when the rare soul drops are reduced and sacrifice is not implemented yet. even if the drops will get better with the next update, it seems a little too difficult to me to grind for the necessary characters/talismans and maximize them. especially beginners will have huge problems, and they might quit, if playing and finishing the is getting too hard. and due to the iron maiden context there are many casual players, who are not experienced with the hardcore style of play.

XcarecroW
10-16-2016, 08:33 PM
All what the devs say is so nice in theory, but how are we going to choose between chars if the RNG of this game is so shitty than we cant get the chars. So much nerf and touching stats and pvp isnt even here. No slots enough to open more souls, so no chance to get chars. Seriously, most of the players started when the game was released and probably most of them are in the end game farming, the boring end game farming. At least increase the number of char slots so we can do something that is not boring, and please try to bring sacrifice feature ASAP. I can keep farming if i get new chars to keep some motivation. By now im just using my troopers anything else.

Eagleknight
10-16-2016, 08:33 PM
Ok I guess my opinions and conserns are making people angry, they seem to think I am just whining and complaining and have no reason to want the game to be better for all players not just hardcore or pvp. All I can say is my intention was to inform and say what I thought were vaild concerns. I will therefore with draw from posting on the forums for a while.

tex-0775
10-16-2016, 09:54 PM
All I can say is my intention was to inform and say what I thought were vaild concerns.

...and this is exactly what you did, and big thanks for telling those of us, who didn't get the update, what to expect. So now you can just as well keep posting... \m/ O_o \m/

Ringe666-7406
10-16-2016, 09:57 PM
...and this is exactly what you did, and big thanks for telling those of us, who didn't get the update, what to expect. So now you can just as well keep posting... \m/ O_o \m/

+1 \m/ #JeSuisEagleknight :D

MetalWarrior
10-16-2016, 10:33 PM
+1 \m/ #JeSuisEagleknight :D

Vraiment !!

Reeb99
10-17-2016, 02:04 AM
I can live with the nerf as long as you guys track the data and consider averaging the difference if it works out so people are having too tough of a time with the end stages. I still only have a single 5* character, so I'm really looking forward to the drop rate adjustments.

Sparton_LOTB
10-17-2016, 03:41 AM
Just curious during the testing of this update has successful play through been made using charterers with only maxed tailismans and no skillshards on the current pvp content and rifts x lvls. I only ask this because I couldn't do the underworld completely with my toons set up like that and the lvl 50 tailismans that I had available.

Every since we've been aware about the two subtypes in question being overpowered compared to their counterparts within their class, I personally have playtested without using those. Kaz has done multiple runs of the early- to mid-game experience where those talismans' irregularly high stats were not at play (in the case of overwhelming, I believe it only had the absurdly high HP addition on tier 5?..). The end game was balanced with the expected balance in mind, not with their irregularity in mind.

I can live with the nerf as long as you guys track the data and consider averaging the difference if it works out so people are having too tough of a time with the end stages. I still only have a single 5* character, so I'm really looking forward to the drop rate adjustments.

Clear rates are routinely monitored, and our aim is definitely that allowing for better farming of resources will let people better diversify as they advance in the game.

Esquatcho
10-17-2016, 04:50 AM

Same. I get why the older players are upset. Their hard won players are being nerfed.

But I feel like I've been farming for ages and still cant get my team to 5* on either talismans or toon level. And that farming is mostly manual because there is no way my team can even do the 1st level of underworld madness on auto.

So it might be the case that its harder to 'win' the game and farming LoL X or underworld madness cant be auto'd. But if it means new players can get to the point where they are challenging that sooner, then I would say that is a great thing (From my biased point of view ofc).

Besides, for older players, they can still probably autofarm the start of underworld madness or LoL VII, so getting whatever new toons up to spec should still be quite viable.

But great point about continuing to tweak things based on more data once its rolled out. Thats all that can be asked really.

Vaseodin
10-17-2016, 04:53 AM
I'm holding my thoughts until I actually see the changes in practice. I'm confident the devs didn't just make adjustments and push them out without testing them extensively. I trust things will be fairly balanced.

Adrea
10-17-2016, 06:45 AM
Thanks a lot guys for your work but i still waiting the update. I am playing on a BlueStacks because my phone dosent has so much space and i can't move the app on a sd card.
regards!

OpticSugar
10-17-2016, 03:42 PM

well stated, as always slauki...

BillLion
10-17-2016, 03:58 PM
well stated, as always slauki...

I'll second this. Most of us do some periodic moaning (I know I do!), but getting hostile w/ the devs doesn't help anything.

Edit: Thoughtful critique (even if a bit passionate at times) is certainly helpful to all. I'm sure devs would agree. No one is calling for fake :)

Witkacy
10-17-2016, 07:43 PM

A good team fully maxed skillshards included if failing on number of the beast madness.
(If a maxed team can't do it how is a player that hasn't beat the game expected to.

The auto feature is almost is not a real option at high lvl if you expect to win.

How are new players or players that are not maxed out expected to succeed. When getting the specific toons with the right abilities is still a random factor.

I tried a play through with non maxed toons using only half 50 half 40 tailismans and couldn't even get close to beating the game.

I did not try my toons in the rift as I switched back to the old version. But I believe that the team I normally use to beat yellow rift x would have failed.

From what I saw this update lowered the damage output of allot. For example a maxed red rocked dog hits for on average 1200 less on each hit and others were worse.

I put in around 30 hours testing the update and I have some real concerns espessially for lowere level players. With my character pool of allot of 5*'100 toons I found ways to win but not everyone has a pool like that to draw from.

I personally like thing a little more difficult but when considering the games entire player base I don't believe the game should be this difficult.

I know I have been very vocal about this update but that is because I love this game and was not prepared for such a harsh nerf. I had the partial update so I tested it and voiced my concerns for the people that did not have it. I the hope that is this patch does go through the way it is now they can be prepared.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v130/Mr.Maiden/ma322pka.jpg

Kaijester
10-18-2016, 02:14 AM
Only gotten one Rare Soul since gunner event, so I assume even the tuning patch did not went thru, the rare souls from Lord of Light event has. Afterall, drops are distributed from server and can happen without patch?

OpticSugar
10-18-2016, 12:03 PM
Quick question, does the red troll do AoE damage or single target? I woke up this morning and my troll was doing single target. Am I seeing things?

Aristo4
10-18-2016, 12:07 PM
Quick question, does the red troll do AoE damage or single target? I woke up this morning and my troll was doing single target. Am I seeing things?

Always been single target, supposedly AOE after the update.

Demoonchild
10-18-2016, 12:07 PM

Warrior and Assassin Troll deal single enemy damage, after the update the Warrior one is supossed to do AOE

BillLion
10-18-2016, 12:48 PM
Warrior and Assassin Troll deal single enemy damage, after the update the Warrior one is supossed to do AOE

This is true. While I briefly had the update my warrior troll did AOE damage.

Dutch
10-18-2016, 12:52 PM
Mines still single, so does that mean i havent received the update yet?

OpticSugar
10-18-2016, 12:53 PM
Always been single target, supposedly AOE after the update.

ahhh, that explains it! I just promoted my warrior Troll to 5*'s this weekend! I was also stuck on the update all weekend until last nights iOS fix, so I've been rocking him with AoE damage, and damn! What a (F'n) beast! Sometimes you invest in stuff that gets nerf'd, but then sometimes you invest in stuff that gets buff'd!

I would like to take this opportunity to express how happy I am that this guy got the buff!

BillLion
10-18-2016, 01:02 PM
ahhh, that explains it! I just promoted my warrior Troll to 5*'s this weekend! I was also stuck on the update all weekend until last nights iOS fix, so I've been rocking him with AoE damage, and damn! What a (F'n) beast! Sometimes you invest in stuff that gets nerf'd, but then sometimes you invest in stuff that gets buff'd!

I would like to take this opportunity to express how happy I am that this guy got the buff!

I'm with you -he was a great utility character before the buff -now he's just a beast!

Nicko
10-18-2016, 01:27 PM
Wow! Now AOE with his already awesome passive? Dang, now I'm going to have to start playing the rift again for some souls...

Anyone want to trade their troll for my Corrupt Sergeant (Kaijester gets credit for that term - the demoted Corrupt General - so true!)

OpticSugar
10-18-2016, 01:33 PM
Wow! Now AOE with his already awesome passive? Dang, now I'm going to have to start playing the rift again for some souls...

Anyone want to trade their troll for my Corrupt Sergeant (Kaijester gets credit for that term - the demoted Corrupt General - so true!)

The Sgt. is still an awesome character. He's the only ally that has a fury ability (at the moment). That's got to be worth something. I was using the update all weekend, and when using my troopers' Sgts, they were still kicking ass. If we could trade, it would still be a hard decision for me.

Nicko
10-18-2016, 01:36 PM
Unreal.

I only had three rare souls cause I had burnt my big stack a couple weeks ago. Was going to start saving for the update, but after reading about the troll my willpower melted

First soul I toss in?

A second Corrupt General! Minutes after my comment in this thread!

Nicko
10-18-2016, 01:39 PM
The Sgt. is still an awesome character. He's the only ally that has a fury ability (at the moment). That's got to be worth something. I was using the update all weekend, and when using my troopers' Sgts, they were still kicking ass. If we could trade, it would still be a hard decision for me.

I agree, he's still a beast

Someone put it in perspective - while his stun did go down, so did the Talismans for both red and green. And seeing him salute while your opponents are turned to dust by lightening is still a cool visual:p

BillLion
10-18-2016, 01:39 PM
Unreal.

I only had three rare souls cause I had burnt my big stack a couple weeks ago. Was going to start saving for the update, but after reading about the troll my willpower melted

First soul I toss in?

Unbelievable -I'd take one! But would I trade my troll? Hmm -earlier in the game without a question! Now, it's a tough decision for me too.

OpticSugar
10-18-2016, 01:41 PM
Unreal.

First soul I toss in?

Can I borrow some of your luck? I want to buy a lottery ticket.

Nekroliun
10-18-2016, 01:41 PM
Troll may become a demonic death machine... maybe...