PDA

View Full Version : Positive changes observed in the new tuning/drop rate update

BillLion
10-15-2016, 11:45 AM
I know, there are lots of glitches to be sorted out and lots of nerfing to complain about in the new update. While frustrated, I also have a great deal of sympathy for the developer (see what I did there).

Anyway, since there's a space to moan already, let's also discuss the positive changes we're observing. I'll start:

Pharaoh Eddie's revive actually gives his revived allies a lot more HP so they don't always get squashed by the next (even weak) shot. I like it!

What have you noticed?

Qed
10-15-2016, 11:55 AM
How is this thing that someone got the patch and others not?
What is happening?

Aristo4
10-15-2016, 12:02 PM
How is this thing that someone got the patch and others not?
What is happening?

Noone really knows atm. Some are in with the update, many in as usual with nothing changed.Some cant enter anymore.

Bill, has the cost of Pharaoh's 'entombed' been reduced from 5 to 3 also?

Qed
10-15-2016, 12:13 PM
So they messed up again, gg.

Demoonchild
10-15-2016, 12:25 PM
I know, there are lots of glitches to be sorted out and lots of nerfing to complain about in the new update. While frustrated, I also have a great deal of sympathy for the developer (see what I did there).

Anyway, since there's a space to moan already, let's also discuss the positive changes we're observing. I'll start:

Pharaoh Eddie's revive actually gives his revived allies a lot more HP so they don't always get squashed by the next (even weak) shot. I like it!

What have you noticed?

So the already overpowered Pharaoh is now overpowered as hell... Great improvement!!!

BillLion
10-15-2016, 12:33 PM
Noone really knows atm. Some are in with the update, many in as usual with nothing changed.Some cant enter anymore.

Bill, has the cost of Pharaoh's 'entombed' been reduced from 5 to 3 also?

Indeed it has, but I think it's a pointless move so I didn't list it as positive

So they messed up again, gg.

Apparently, but that's for somewhere else -this is more of a silver linings thread

So the already overpowered Pharaoh is now overpowered as hell... Great improvement!!!

No way -he got nerfed HARD on attack and HP via the talismans as I mentioned elsewhere...but again we're looking for silver linings here...

Nekroliun
10-15-2016, 12:33 PM
They didnt make him op, they "balanced" him...

Aristo4
10-15-2016, 12:35 PM
Indeed it has, but I think it's a pointless move so I didn't list it as positive

Only tried to understand if the whole package of changes got there, derail not intended, sorry.

BillLion
10-15-2016, 12:47 PM
Only tried to understand if the whole package of changes got there, derail not intended, sorry.

No derailing -good observation!

Qed
10-15-2016, 01:12 PM
Ok, i'll be back here when i'll have the patch ;)

slauki
10-15-2016, 03:31 PM
i feel that this will be a very slim thread, even if i like the approach behind it :-)

Sleestak
10-15-2016, 03:49 PM
With the update not fully in place yet, I'd like to give them the benefit of the doubt. Maybe when the update is fully implemented some of the positive changes will become more apparent. I'd like to think that even the people who think they have received the update don't really have the full scope of it. It's definitely hard to stay positive after reading through the forum, but I think the devs see all this and truly want to bring people into the game, not drive them away. I look forward to this thread having more substance to it later on in the week once the update is finalized.

Nicko
10-15-2016, 04:02 PM
With the update not fully in place yet, I'd like to give them the benefit of the doubt. Maybe when the update is fully implemented some of the positive changes will become more apparent. I'd like to think that even the people who think they have received the update don't really have the full scope of it. It's definitely hard to stay positive after reading through the forum, but I think the devs see all this and truly want to bring people into the game, not drive them away. I look forward to this thread having more substance to it later on in the week once the update is finalized.

I have it and I'm not sure what positive changes can occur from what I have other than maybe better drop rates. It's really hard to tell if they've changed.

So far what I've seen has been exactly as advertised in an attempt to level things for PvP. It is what it is. I'm still having fun, though glad I'm mainly farming runes and not leveling characters as there's a bug where we get no gold or experience.

The game did get more challenging with the nerfs. This isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Looking forward to getting experience again though as my army of Mummy Eddies need to get ready for sacrifice!

Sleestak - see you're in Chicago - have you checked out Judas Beast? If not I'd highly recommend them. Singer is amazing - truly nails Bruce!

Sleestak
10-15-2016, 04:24 PM
Looking forward to getting experience again though as my army of Mummy Eddies need to get ready for sacrifice!

Sleestak - see you're in Chicago - have you checked out Judas Beast? If not I'd highly recommend them. Singer is amazing - truly nails Bruce!

I hear ya. Sacrifice might me the thing I'm most looking forward to in this game. One of the best (if not THE best) things about this game is collecting characters. I love the idea of trading duplicates for the chance at toons I don't have.

Thanks for the tip on Judas Beast. Just checked them out on YouTube and they sound solid. Singer sounds as close to Bruce as humanly possible. Looks like they even have some shows coming up that I might just have to go check out!

PsychoEddie
10-15-2016, 05:49 PM

I LOLed because I have 4 now that I've kept. If I redeem one of my stacks of souls I know there will be 1-2 more in there each time so I have 3-6 more Mummies ready to be born and then die through sacrifice immediately :)

Eagleknight
10-15-2016, 06:17 PM
I have a positive comment. The game is more challenging.

I am thinking about making a new account. Just to see how long it would take to beat the first campaign.

Nifelheim
10-15-2016, 06:25 PM
I can use strength safeguard now on my warriors, as they need the m. resist more than def. too bad I made "rookie" mistakes leveling a few then selling those and every one received since...

BillLion
10-15-2016, 11:49 PM
i feel that this will be a very slim thread, even if i like the approach behind it :-)

Doesn't need to be big. I understand the frustration everyone (including myself) has.

I just wanted a place for us to share things that weren't obvious but were good -like the Pharaoh Eddie example I gave.

Hopefully people will be able to report better drop rates, etc. when the dungeons open (and of course when everyone gets the update...

PsychoEddie
10-16-2016, 02:55 AM
I can use strength safeguard now on my warriors, as they need the m. resist more than def. too bad I made "rookie" mistakes leveling a few then selling those and every one received since...

I've been using a mix of fierce, strength, and safeguard on my favorite warrior team.

My team will be generally stronger post update as a result, part of the reason I'm really happy with it.

PsychoEddie
10-16-2016, 03:12 AM

I'm happy about the positive changes enough that I've now decided I can put some money into this so I'm buying a Sentinel bundle with this account in a few minutes.

If I get something really good, that's fine, if not, that's fine too, I'm showing true support to the team for these awesome changes.

(if i do get what I want, I'll buy a skill shard set as well :) )

Eagleknight
10-16-2016, 03:22 AM
I'm happy about the positive changes enough that I've now decided I can put some money into this so I'm buying a Sentinel bundle with this account in a few minutes.

If I get something really good, that's fine, if not, that's fine too, I'm showing true support to the team for these awesome changes.
(if i do get what I want, I'll buy a skill shard set as well :) )

Sorry, not to be rude but after reading your post I laughed so hard I got a headache. You made my night.

PsychoEddie
10-16-2016, 03:29 AM
Sorry, not to be rude but after reading your post I laughed so hard I got a headache. You made my night.

I got a 5* Alliance General so I'm very happy and that's what matters. Devs win and I win as well.

I'd buy a skill shard pack but they're not on the menu now so it'll have to wait until it's available for me.

Trooper points will get me at least one I can use tonight, woo hoo!

Nifelheim
10-16-2016, 03:49 AM
Warp talismans are dropping frequently today. They have not dropped at all for awhile now. I still don't see anything special about them or any yellow talisman.

aur0ra85
10-16-2016, 03:53 AM
Jesus what are the drop rates like? Lol

Nifelheim
10-16-2016, 06:02 AM
3. Two wills and a bulwark, off a full 80 sands of time.