PDA

View Full Version : Considering spending skill shards on Angel of Pain

Rydgen
10-15-2016, 05:49 PM
I've been using AoP since I got him early in the game, and he's been a great asset to my team. I've been primarily focusing my skill shards on my Eddies, but I decided to look at allies, since some of the Champions I've been using are pretty powerful after skill upgrades.
I'm looking at AoP's Storm skill, because it's an AoE that will have an added 70% damage when maxed, as well as an increase to 70% chance of shock. I know people praise the blue Allied Soldier for skill upgrades, as his base attack is an AoE, upgrades to 55%, and is low cost in skill shards. It'll take many more skill shards to upgrade AoP, taking into consideration that he has a base skill that'll steal them along the way. The end result would be more powerful than Allied Soldier though, so I'm feeling it would be worth the investment.
I wanted to get some more opinions on it though before proceeding.

Reeb99
10-15-2016, 09:33 PM
I don't know with this update coming that nerfs fierce and overwhelming talismans. It might be wise to wait and see how it plays after the update gets sorted next week.

Eagleknight
10-15-2016, 09:45 PM
I agree I wouldn't use any skillshards until all of this is worked out. Because at this point all of the previous data and builds are dead.

Nifelheim
10-15-2016, 09:57 PM
Depends on the rest of your team. If your using blue allied same time, I'd upgrade him first. Will be faster, but he's also a character you will outgrow eventually. + your skilling Blues reg attack, Angels uses 6 power, so won't be used as much.

slauki
10-15-2016, 09:58 PM
not much more to say than eagle and reeb...i'm sitting on 11 skillshards and i have no clue how to spend them...i wanted to maximize soldier eddie, but i'm not sure anymore. no serious prediction is possible, that's why i think that waiting is the way to go...

aur0ra85
10-15-2016, 10:20 PM
Yeah I wouldn't spend skill shards on anything ATM. That drop rate better be good or I think I'm done sadly. I'm not farming another 50 talismans at even 10x the rate preupdate.

Rydgen
10-16-2016, 12:14 AM
Thanks for the feedback, guys!

The talismans aren't even a concern, as I'm more interested in the character's base levels before adding them.
I hardly touch the Allied Soldier, as AoP has been a core member of my team for a long time. My other member is usually Pharoah Dog for healing and attacks, but I've been experimenting with others for that role. Even though AoP's Storm costs energy, when it is used, it'll be a doozie. Pros and cons, right? ;)
But good points about the update and possible nerfing. I'll wait and see what happens afterwards, then explore that option.

Thanks again!