PDA

View Full Version : Warrior Troll

AppleJuice
10-15-2016, 10:15 PM
For a change I want to post something that's not a complaint or grief about the upcoming update :)
Recently got a Warrior Troll (somehow out of a Gun/Assasin Soul..., must be a glitch) and want to invest in it. What talismans work best with him? Should I got full purple?

aur0ra85
10-15-2016, 10:25 PM
It is a glitch. Contact support, you were supposed to get a premium gun or assassin character.

AppleJuice
10-15-2016, 10:26 PM
It is a glitch. Contact support, you were supposed to get a premium gun or assassin character.

I thought about that but how can I prove what happened?

Eagleknight
10-15-2016, 10:30 PM
They said just put in a ticket, it's a known issue and they would fix it. I just kept mine cause he looked cool and I didn't have one.

AppleJuice
10-15-2016, 10:33 PM
They said just put in a ticket, it's a known issue and they would fix it. I just kept mine cause he looked cool and I didn't have one.
What can they do about this problem? Could they give me the premium character I was supposed to get or is it gone?

Eagleknight
10-15-2016, 10:35 PM
Not sure what they do but Sparton said put in a ticket. If u do it let me know what ya got.

Witkacy
10-17-2016, 07:53 PM
Well... I consider the red Troll one of the most useful characters due to its passive skill... So even if it came to your possession by a bug I'd keep him if I were you ;)

AppleJuice
10-18-2016, 08:29 PM
Not sure what they do but Sparton said put in a ticket. If u do it let me know what ya got.
They heard me out and gave me an Assasin Troll :) Now I have both both red and purple trolls from 1 soul! :cool:

Aristo4
10-18-2016, 08:31 PM
They heard me out and gave me an Assasin Troll :) Now I have both both red and purple trolls from 1 soul! :cool:

Bingo, nice.

Demoonchild
10-18-2016, 08:40 PM

Nice AppleJuice!!

Is something like this??

Here with the gunner and magus one, both not included in game...

Aristo4
10-18-2016, 11:06 PM
Hmm...facing a row of trolls is a nightmare now.

AppleJuice
10-18-2016, 11:17 PM
Hmm...facing a row of trolls is a nightmare now.
It is ! I was debating whether to use red, purple, or both, but its clear now that the red troll hits all enemies.

Aristo4
10-18-2016, 11:19 PM
It is ! I was debating whether to use red, purple, or both, but its clear now that the red troll hits all enemies.

My ugly troll gets to 5* tomorrow, lets see :rolleyes:

Aristo4
10-19-2016, 04:04 PM
I must say I'm impressed, and my troll just got the 3 assassin talis I had dropped yesterday and they're not even 4* max yet.:cool:

OpticSugar
10-19-2016, 04:08 PM
Should I be switching my champion to my 5* lvl 100 Assassin Troll? He has maxed lvl 50 assassin talismans, and nearly maxed red talismans...

CORRECTION: I meant to say WARRIOR troll...
but yeah, you all knew what I meant.

Aristo4
10-19-2016, 04:10 PM
Should I be switching my champion to my 5* lvl 100 Assassin Troll? He has maxed lvl 50 assassin talismans, and nearly maxed red talismans...

Why not, could test a Assasin troll for the first time :cool:

OpticSugar
10-19-2016, 04:20 PM
>>>EVERYONE<<< I've changed my champion to the newly buffed warrior Troll beast!
Check him out.

The Educated fool
10-19-2016, 04:25 PM
I look forward to it. :cool:

Aristo4
10-19-2016, 04:27 PM
Ha! Even if its the warrior and not the assassin I'm curious how it is maxed (i'll find for myself though with these great drops soon enough :cool:)

OpticSugar
10-19-2016, 04:30 PM
I just dropped a couple of skill shards on him as well... so he's even mightier!

(your welcome)

slauki
10-19-2016, 04:41 PM
I just dropped a couple of skill shards on him as well... so he's even mightier!

(your welcome)

he will be nerfed next i feel ;)

OpticSugar
10-19-2016, 04:51 PM
he will be nerfed next i feel ;)

Then I shall halt there on the skill sharding.

Aristo4
10-19-2016, 04:53 PM
Everything that looks worthy skillsharding is a nerf candidate for the future, more or less. I wouldn't loose any sleep over that, as I did with my cyborg who still rocks.
Let them nerf everything :p

slauki
10-19-2016, 04:58 PM
Everything that looks worthy skillsharding is a nerf candidate for the future, more or less. I wouldn't loose any sleep over that, as I did with my cyborg who still rocks.
Let them nerf everything :p

agree, i also wouldn't panic about it, but it's something worth to consider...i'm also thinking about pushing him, but not entire sure...

OpticSugar
10-19-2016, 04:58 PM
For the most part... the nerfs are usually minor adjustments (with a few exceptions, like Soldier E.) so the characters are still going to be relavent, and worth using. I just hope that they offer something significant for sacrificing heavily skill sharded characters like we suggested in the other forum. If we could get at least half of the skill shards back from a sacrificed character, then future nerfs wouldn't seem so crippling, and we can upgrade characters today with more confidence. I really think it's a fair ask.

Aristo4
10-19-2016, 05:02 PM
Wait, I thought sacrifice meant/should mean trading duplicate characters for something. I mean you have your max skill SoL (that you keep) for example and send the other 3-4 you have away. Would be odd sacrificing your one and only skillsharded PSS , wouldn't it?

OpticSugar
10-19-2016, 05:07 PM
I was assuming that you could sacrifice any character... but people were thinking that they would mostly use the feature on their duplicates. I didn't think that the sacrifice feature would be limited only to duplicates (but I could be totally wrong as well, it's all just speculation). I also heard that the higher the level / stars the character(s) is(are)... the more you would get for it(them). I just want to make sure that they account for the skill shards invested into characters as well... which is the heaviest of investments.

Aristo4
10-19-2016, 05:12 PM
I don't know , I only assumed this goes for the duplicates, that's why I started bringing my 3* eddie dups to 4* just in case they are worth something. A clarification would be handy.

Nekroliun
10-19-2016, 05:13 PM
I was assuming that you could sacrifice any character... but people were thinking that they would mostly use the feature on their duplicates. I didn't think that the sacrifice feature would be limited only to duplicates (but I could be totally wrong as well, it's all just speculation). I also heard that the higher the level / stars the character(s) is(are)... the more you would get for it(them). I just want to make sure that they account for the skill shards invested into characters as well... which is the heaviest of investments.

Yea im 100% that the more pumped up your char is the more chance for a good char ur getting... also im 100% sure its not duplicates only, id be more than willing to sacrifice my warrior newborn...

OpticSugar
10-19-2016, 05:20 PM
I've been pumping up my duplicates as well... i figure it may prove to be better than selling shards (to which we barely get any gold for).

So Aristo4... are you saying that the sacrifice feature might only work when you submit two or more of the same character type (in other words, you aren't able to sacrifice just one character). That's not how I read it, and it's very possible that I missed something the devs said because I haven't been totally on top of it all.

We'll find out soon enough, I'm sure. I just hope that maybe the devs are listening to our great ideas and maybe they'll be like "Hmmm, we should implement this".

Aristo4
10-19-2016, 05:23 PM
Let me research whats been said and i'll come back.

Aristo4
10-19-2016, 05:36 PM
Had these in mind:

With some of the new tuning updates and modes (especially daily challenges), you will have more opportunities to earn rare characters. In terms of the drop rates themselves, the repeats at each tier are mainly a result of the amount of content in the game, which we are currently in the process of expanding. We also have a feature in the works called "Sacrifice", which will allow you to make use of duplicate characters to earn rare rewards, including Legendary Souls, giving you even more opportunities to obtain high tier characters.

-Kaz

The current plan is that higher star and level characters will gain you more from Sacrifice than lower star and level characters. So both the Star Tier AND Level will matter.

-Kaz

slauki
10-19-2016, 05:45 PM
i'm pretty sure, that you will be able to sacrifice any character. this is most usefull for duplicates, but if you want to sacrifice your only character, this should be possible too. but that's a pure guess anyway ;-)

OpticSugar
10-19-2016, 05:50 PM
With some of the new tuning updates and modes (especially daily challenges), you will have more opportunities to earn rare characters. In terms of the drop rates themselves, the repeats at each tier are mainly a result of the amount of content in the game, which we are currently in the process of expanding. We also have a feature in the works called "Sacrifice", which will allow you to make use of duplicate characters to earn rare rewards, including Legendary Souls, giving you even more opportunities to obtain high tier characters.

-Kaz
The current plan is that higher star and level characters will gain you more from Sacrifice than lower star and level characters. So both the Star Tier AND Level will matter.

-Kaz

Thanks so much for digging that up! Hmmmm... he could be mentioning it as "a way of using your duplicate characters" but I'm not entirely convinced that it can only be limited to sacrificing duplicates based on what he said. It could be either way. I'd love to hear some clarification from the devs on this.

However, the second quote does imply that: skill shards invested in sacrificed characters are not currently being considered. I think this needs to be looked at. The sacrifice feature could be a great way to get a little bit of RoI (return on investment) for skill shards if you are in the situation that many people currently find themselves in where some tuning adjustments made their once prized character not so desirable and they are feeling cheated that they invested a large amount of skill shards on them. I recommend that if a character that has been skill sharded is sacrificed, in addition to whatever you would normally get for that character - you should also get 50% of the skill shards back in your inventory (rounded DOWN to the nearest whole number). The way to deal with odd numbers of skill shards is: if you had only one skill shard invested, you get nothing back... if you had 7 invested, you'd get 3 back, etc...

This is only fair, and is a great way to ease the pain of people that have made some misguided decisions due to unforseen character balancing changes (aka "Nerf Bat").

What do you guys think? I'm going to repost this on the threads that the devs might look at.

slauki
10-19-2016, 05:54 PM
Thanks so much for digging that up! Hmmmm... he could be mentioning it as "a way of using your duplicate characters" but I'm not entirely convinced that it can only be limited to sacrificing duplicates based on what he said. It could be either way. I'd love to hear some clarification from the devs on this.

However, the second quote does imply that: skill shards invested in sacrificed characters are not currently being considered. I think this needs to be looked at. The sacrifice feature could be a great way to get a little bit of RoI (return on investment) for skill shards if you are in the situation that many people currently find themselves in where some tuning adjustments made their once prized character not so desirable and they are feeling cheated that they invested a large amount of skill shards on them. I recommend that if a character that has been skill sharded is sacrificed, in addition to whatever you would normally get for that character - you should also get 50% of the skill shards back in your inventory (rounded DOWN to the nearest whole number). The way to deal with odd numbers of skill shards is: if you had only one skill shard invested, you get nothing back... if you had 7 invested, you'd get 3 back, etc...

This is only fair, and is a great way to ease the pain of people that have made some misguided decisions due to unforseen character balancing changes (aka "Nerf Bat").

What do you guys think? I'm going to repost this on the threads that the devs might look at.

i'd like to see it rounded up, to the nearest whole number :-) but it would be fair to do anything about wasted skillshards...

Aristo4
10-19-2016, 06:01 PM
While I agree with all the things you suggest, I still got the gut feeling the quotes suggest a use for duplicates only/mainly.
Also allowing duplicates only would be easier for them to set ground rules into (5* dupe, x skillshards, or 4*dupe something else). To organize a kind of 'market value chart' for any sole character in the game and what would sacrificing the exact one (skillshards or not) means, would be a huge a mess I think, and they wouldn't focus on that with so many pressing matters. Just my thoughts.

Yeah repost it in case someone clarifies anything.

OpticSugar
10-19-2016, 06:05 PM
i'd like to see it rounded up, to the nearest whole number :-) but it would be fair to do anything about wasted skillshards...

Of course we'd like to see it rounded up... but I'm afraid to ask for too much. LoL

slauki
10-19-2016, 06:24 PM
Of course we'd like to see it rounded up... but I'm afraid to ask for too much. LoL

from a tactical perspective it's almost always better to ask for more, so that you have some room to maneuver and accept a compromise i think :-)

OpticSugar
10-19-2016, 06:26 PM
from a tactical perspective it's almost always better to ask for more, so that you have some room to maneuver and accept a compromise i think :-)

very good point...

The Educated fool
10-19-2016, 08:04 PM
T'is a fine thing you propose, good OS. It sounds fair to me too.

Aristo4
10-19-2016, 09:28 PM
Sparton keeps referring to sacrifice mentioning it only about dupes solution...or am I missing sth?

Reeb99
10-19-2016, 10:02 PM
The only thing I know about the trolls is that their passive shield causes mad crashes for me. So I avoid them any time I can.

OpticSugar
10-19-2016, 10:25 PM
The only thing I know about the trolls is that their passive shield causes mad crashes for me. So I avoid them any time I can.

eeee, well this might cause a problem because I just switched my champion today to the Warrior Troll. If any of my troopers want me to switch it back to my PSS because of this bug, PM me or let me know in the threads. I aim to please.

slauki
10-19-2016, 10:36 PM
eeee, well this might cause a problem because I just switched my champion today to the Warrior Troll. If any of my troopers want me to switch it back to my PSS because of this bug, PM me or let me know in the threads. I aim to please.

tell us about your experience with the troll, would be very interesting, since you are going to use him more often that the troopers :-) did you experience some bugs ?

OpticSugar
10-19-2016, 10:42 PM
tell us about your experience with the troll, would be very interesting, since you are going to use him more often that the troopers :-) did you experience some bugs ?

I am not experiencing any crashes (due to his reflect shield, or anything else). So far, I'm loving him. He offers incredible support for the team with his passive shield, and his special shield ability... and his main ability just hits like a bastard with AoE. Fits very well into any team, and especially good for auto-grinding.

The Educated fool
10-20-2016, 04:41 AM
I must say, I like him even more than I expected to... he's on the list to be 5*ed now, for sure.

slauki
10-20-2016, 07:28 AM

i used him approx 10 times in level X of the sentinel dongeon and he is doing quite a good job. no crashes or anything. i put 3 assassin shield on him (barrier would be better i they don't seem to drop) two guardian safeguard and one overhelming...which talismans did you put on him?
does approx. 4000-5000 k damage.

Cthulhum
10-22-2016, 10:14 AM
Maxed his skill today, hes worth it.

Also, using 4 assassin talismans and 2 guardian ones, over 5k damage on perfect hits,

Putting him as a leader so you can try him yourself.

OpticSugar
10-22-2016, 09:01 PM
Maxed his skill today, hes worth it.

Also, using 4 assassin talismans and 2 guardian ones, over 5k damage on perfect hits,

Putting him as a leader so you can try him yourself.

I would love to take him for a spin. He's my leader as well, and I'd like to know what a difference it makes with Max skills so I can make an educated decision :-) accept me if you can.

Aristo4
10-22-2016, 09:06 PM
I would love to take him for a spin. He's my leader as well, and I'd like to know what a difference it makes with Max skills so I can make an educated decision :-) accept me if you can.

Share your thoughts after you do, cause maybe i'll drop skillshards on him too :cool:

Also, check your PMs.

osiris0000
10-22-2016, 10:23 PM
Guys, I got my warrior troll from my legendary soul. I was kinda disappointed first (because i never used or checked him) but now i know that i am blessed :) He is currently 4* 80 level now. I just need 2 3* red coloured evo shards to level him to 5*. Last time when i farmed the warrior Dungeon 10, I got a lot of rare souls and 3* rainbows which we call premiums. Well, I just need coloured red ones. Did you guys noticed anything about coloured 3* evo shard drops in a particular level? Like 7-8 or 9? Level 10 doesn't seem like working for them.

AppleJuice
10-22-2016, 10:45 PM
Guys, I got my warrior troll from my legendary soul. I was kinda disappointed first (because i never used or checked him) but now i know that i am blessed :) He is currently 4* 80 level now. I just need 2 3* red coloured evo shards to level him to 5*. Last time when i farmed the warrior Dungeon 10, I got a lot of rare souls and 3* rainbows which we call premiums. Well, I just need coloured red ones. Did you guys noticed anything about coloured 3* evo shard drops in a particular level? Like 7-8 or 9? Level 10 doesn't seem like working for them.

I'm no expert :) , but your best bets are probably level 8 and 9

Aristo4
10-22-2016, 10:46 PM
We didn't have the time post-update to see where and what,my general feeling was that the coloured weren't dropping that often though.

Frost
10-25-2016, 10:38 AM
So I pulled one out from yesterday secret locations rare souls... He has 3 colorless, 2 assassin and 1 warrior slot, so I'm wondering the best talisman setup for him.

He does true damage but I dunno how it scales on him. He has more def and mres than atk and magic, so 1-2 pair of guardian safeguard seen good, but that leaves 2 assassin slots. Since assassin sets need 3 talies, I'm thinking of putting 3 resistance talismans (atk by 10% of def & mr), 2 guardian safeguard and one health overwhelming, but again if his true damage scales with magic too it's a lot to lose.

This one is intriguing me, anyone have any tip?

Aristo4
10-25-2016, 11:05 AM
I currently run 1 assassin set (shield), 2 guardian fierce, 1 health overwhelming

HP+ 10k
ATK+2,2k
Def+684
magic+1130
MR base 628

Ideal for me would be to ever get a barrier assassin set, and swap the 2 fierce for 2 safeguard, since you mostly face magic attackers, maybe swap overwhelming for ward,but he's ok now anyway.
Other option is to go 3 assassin and 3 red , but then you loose 3,5k HP only to gain 350 sth ATK.

Piece of Mind
11-04-2016, 08:19 AM
So I pulled one out from yesterday secret locations rare souls... He has 3 colorless, 2 assassin and 1 warrior slot, so I'm wondering the best talisman setup for him.

He does true damage but I dunno how it scales on him. He has more def and mres than atk and magic, so 1-2 pair of guardian safeguard seen good, but that leaves 2 assassin slots. Since assassin sets need 3 talies, I'm thinking of putting 3 resistance talismans (atk by 10% of def & mr), 2 guardian safeguard and one health overwhelming, but again if his true damage scales with magic too it's a lot to lose.

This one is intriguing me, anyone have any tip?

From what I can tell the Troll has higher DEF and MR at first, but when it reaches level 100 its ATK and MAG become higher. These stat fluctuations really confused me, higher defenses seem like the more obvious choice for a shielder like this one.

Anyway both Trolls are top tier. Warrior Troll is an outstanding supporter and its stats are quite high all-round. Also does great for auto-farming because you get your shield instantly.