PDA

View Full Version : Trooper badges: should we be hoarding them?

OpticSugar
10-17-2016, 06:04 PM
So I've been hoarding my trooper badges, and I'm at around 42k right now. The thing is, I forgot why I was hoarding them. It may have had something to do with the changes coming down the pike, something to do with the possibility of buying a Trooper Eddie (or any other new characters), but is it even confirmed that the'll be selling characters for trooper points, and if so - does anyone know how much they will cost?

I sure would like to cash these in for some skill shards. Is anyone else out there in the same predicament? What's the consensus?

Witkacy
10-17-2016, 06:36 PM
Optic :)

I've to admit I was tempted to exchange those to buy some souls from the store, yet as I've read people's results of what they're getting I thought I'd be better if I invest all my badges to buy skillshards for my men as they are very rare and in postgame stage only available in some secret locations... I've made the mistake and put all of them I've got from the story of the game into a wrong guy... So since I can't remove them and get them back that way - any my badges goes for shopping these for the right characters (so far I thought that the right thing would be simply to dress them into my best characters, but then the ''nerf gate'' showed up, so lesson learned - once best today - it might be not so best tomorrow - and that's because I am buying them only for those USEFUL to me...

Aristo4
10-17-2016, 06:44 PM
I was on the skillshard hunt till recently...I'll delay collecting badges again, to take some gamble... To be honest I don't feel like I've got a character i'd really like to spend skillshards right now, with all that's happening. Will probably buy some more souls for now, and collecting again starting in the weekend.
My gamble semi-paid off too :p

You with 42k and counting can do both.I'd wait to see where its more appealing to spend though,after the update's dust settles down.

MuadDib-7367
10-17-2016, 07:27 PM
One of the devs said that the trooper badges would be able to purchase more items, including Trooper Eddie, in a future update. No timeline was given. I'm staying between 25k-30k badges and purchasing, but not using skill shards with the excess. You could probably do something similar. If you are already autofarming without difficulty then why waste precious resources until the nerf and update are done? Yeah, it will probably be a month before it's all sorted, but then you stand to be in position to quickly equip and update any new OP characters that are introduced.

OpticSugar
10-17-2016, 08:26 PM
One of the devs said that the trooper badges would be able to purchase more items, including Trooper Eddie, in a future update. No timeline was given. I'm staying between 25k-30k badges and purchasing, but not using skill shards with the excess. You could probably do something similar. If you are already autofarming without difficulty then why waste precious resources until the nerf and update are done? Yeah, it will probably be a month before it's all sorted, but then you stand to be in position to quickly equip and update any new OP characters that are introduced.

That sounds like a good plan actually... Still, I might want to grab a couple skill shards to amp-up my PSS, seeing that he's my champion toon and all. I'll keep my badges around 30k for now and buy some skill shards with the excess. I think I'm done buying rare souls for a while... until they announce some better odds at better characters. I really want a Cyborg more than anything, but it feels like a wild goose chase at this point.

osiris0000
10-18-2016, 09:54 AM
That sounds like a good plan actually... Still, I might want to grab a couple skill shards to amp-up my PSS, seeing that he's my champion toon and all. I'll keep my badges around 30k for now and buy some skill shards with the excess. I think I'm done buying rare souls for a while... until they announce some better odds at better characters. I really want a Cyborg more than anything, but it feels like a wild goose chase at this point.

I gave up with buying souls with my trooper badges, when my last 12 + magus rare soul stack come up with all the owl and ox cultists. I just keep buying skillshards, maximizing what i have as a core team. Thats better idea for me, since i know at least i got something valuable and it's worth it. I have maxed my PSS first and very satisfied with results, now maxing my lvl 100 5* Angel of Fear buddy, just 3 skillshards left to be full maxed with skills. Because i know when i have a maxed team, i can farm higher and got more rare soul drops.

Gambling with rare souls is very hard in this game so i don't care about it anymore :)

The Educated fool
10-19-2016, 04:22 PM
I was hoarding them for a long while too... somehow I got it in my head that this update would bring us Trooper Eddie. :rolleyes: I had reached over 60,000 badges, so I decided to cap off at 50,000, and now I'm spending on skillshards again. :cool:

Aristo4
10-19-2016, 04:31 PM
I was hoarding them for a long while too... somehow I got it in my head that this update would bring us Trooper Eddie. :rolleyes: I had reached over 60,000 badges, so I decided to cap off at 50,000, and now I'm spending on skillshards again. :cool:

This sounds very delicious to someone who has 0,0 at the moment, well played :cool:

OpticSugar
10-19-2016, 04:33 PM

Wow, 60k! That's impressive man. I was capping myself at 30k, but then I just made the last minute decision to drop a couple of skill shards onto my Warrior Troll - seeing that I just made him my active champion. So now I'm down to 23k.

The Educated fool
10-19-2016, 04:42 PM
I'm really looking forward to trying him out... the trolls are an interesting bunch! :cool:

zamasu
10-19-2016, 04:43 PM
I'm at 38K. I was thinking to gamble a little and get 10 gunner/assassin rare souls but now I changed my mind lol. I will stop at 50K and start spending again in skillshards

H3lls4ng3l
10-19-2016, 06:20 PM
Been keeping 'em for a long long time now.

The Educated fool
10-19-2016, 07:09 PM
Just remember... they're solids, my friend... Not everyone's a McDuck... :cool:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=viDL2W0HcJw