PDA

View Full Version : The Book Of Souls World Tour

eddiejose
07-15-2016, 10:57 AM
Have you seen Maiden in this tour? I was in Madrid 2 days ago and it was fucking incredible! The band was brilliant :D
Highlights for me: Children Of The Damned, The Red And The Black, Powerslave, The Book Of Souls and Hallowed Be Thy Name.
Share your experiences!

mrSaxonAcres
07-15-2016, 02:02 PM
I saw them in April in Detroit (well, actually 45 mins north, but whatever). Definitely agree with the highlights. I think Powerslave was the biggest thrill for me!!

jpmusic
07-16-2016, 06:35 AM
Same! Saw them in Mexico in March, I died when they played Powerslave. Also, we got lucky here and got 2 dates \m/

Enti
07-17-2016, 07:14 PM
I was in Hungary, Sopron at Volt festival and for me the whole concert was rad. This was the third time I saw them live and the Book of Souls tour easily beat the other two. Best concert in my life so far, I wish I could relive the experience

The Educated fool
07-17-2016, 10:14 PM
They didn't come anywhere near here on this tour, unfortunately for me.

Heavy1974
08-26-2016, 09:35 AM
saw them at Graspop Metal Meeting in Belgium in June. Absolutely great. If eternity should fail, Book of souls, Powerslave and Wasted years.
PERFECT !!!

OpticSugar
08-26-2016, 01:16 PM
I got to see them at Madison Square Garden - NYC. It's actually a pretty cool story:

I found out that a buddy of mine that I met on Clash of Clans was also a Maiden fan and when they announced the tour dates for the Book of Souls, he was able to secure a suite at the Garden (through some connections he had)! A suite is like a mini-hotel room with a wet bar (byob) couches, and at the end of the room, it's wide open with about 3 rows of a dozen private seats. Oh, and a private bathroom. We were directly stage-right (so much so that we could barely see Niko, and we could see a little bit back stage).

Seeing Maiden was at the top of my bucket list since I was in Jr. High and the experience was nothing short of amazing for me. And yes, the guitar solo Powerslave was the pinnacle moment for me! That song contains one of my favorite guitar solos of all time.

Here are some photos of the experience along with most of "Powerslave" (audio - the quality is poor, but I figured I'd share it anyway. It was recorded up in the suite so at least there weren't a thousand screaming fans near the mic!)

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6CnGw50f-zTZUZjWVZwa003aUU

Calin
08-26-2016, 01:31 PM
I saw them in Bucharest on 30th of July. It was ... you'll never guess ... AWESOME :D

Bryan-3528
08-26-2016, 04:16 PM
I had tickets to see Maiden twice back in the early 90s. Both times they cancelled each show :(

I thought about buying tickets to see them in Ft Lauderdale for Book of Souls but decided against it. I regret it but I also try to convince myself if I had bought tickets they would have cancelled the show, and therefore my sacrifice of not buying tickets was for the benefit of everyone that got to see them play in Lauderdale.

OpticSugar
08-26-2016, 05:02 PM
I had tickets to see Maiden twice back in the early 90s. Both times they cancelled each show :(

I thought about buying tickets to see them in Ft Lauderdale for Book of Souls but decided against it. I regret it but I also try to convince myself if I had bought tickets they would have cancelled the show, and therefore my sacrifice of not buying tickets was for the benefit of everyone that got to see them play in Lauderdale.

You've got to sneak up on them... like just show up and get tickets from a scalper or something.

The Educated fool
08-27-2016, 01:50 AM
I got to see them at Madison Square Garden - NYC. It's actually a pretty cool story:

I found out that a buddy of mine that I met on Clash of Clans was also a Maiden fan and when they announced the tour dates for the Book of Souls, he was able to secure a suite at the Garden (through some connections he had)! A suite is like a mini-hotel room with a wet bar (byob) couches, and at the end of the room, it's wide open with about 3 rows of a dozen private seats. Oh, and a private bathroom. We were directly stage-right (so much so that we could barely see Niko, and we could see a little bit back stage).

Seeing Maiden was at the top of my bucket list since I was in Jr. High and the experience was nothing short of amazing for me. And yes, the guitar solo Powerslave was the pinnacle moment for me! That song contains one of my favorite guitar solos of all time.

Here are some photos of the experience along with most of "Powerslave" (audio - the quality is poor, but I figured I'd share it anyway. It was recorded up in the suite so at least there weren't a thousand screaming fans near the mic!)

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6CnGw50f-zTZUZjWVZwa003aUU

Cool pics man, thanks for sharing. Looks like a good time! \m/

Rhorun
09-04-2016, 06:52 PM
I missed them at Download this year hoping they would announce some UK dates like they did the last time they played at Download so you can imagine how disappointed I was when it was indeed the only UK date they played I'm hoping they will add the UK in 2017 as I think the new album is awsome bit of old and new Maiden together and well put together

The Educated fool
09-06-2016, 05:20 PM
The Book of Souls is a masterpiece, without a doubt.

Sudjenica
09-20-2016, 10:09 AM
I've seen them only once on this tour and it was on Wacken. Sadly, the sound was awful, and that's an understatement. They were the highlight of this years Wacken. Actually, seeing them on Wacken was one of my dreams ever since I was a teenager and the whole experience was ruined, to say at least. I started trying to push my way through to the front rows, but when I heard the sound I was so sad and disappointed that I gave up and just stood there in rain and mud, numb.
Whose fault it was - I cannot say for sure, I am no expert, but I am 90% certain it was the festivals fault, because other bands had bad sound (but not as bad as IM). Since that was the last show on the tour, that whole day is very blurry because I tried to forget about it :(

Before this disaster, I've only seen them 5 times, but that'll soon change :)