PDA

View Full Version : A compromise on the nerfed talismans

zolaar
10-18-2016, 08:38 PM
So, I get it.

As soon as I noticed the immense stat INCREASE when upgrading my Fierce tali to 5* (whereas all other talis had a bit of a DECREASE), and I realized that the Lv1 5* values were actually supposed to be the Lv50 5* values, I KNEW it was a bug. Wouldn't last.

But everyone's in an uproar, despite an easily demonstrable data entry error that happened long ago and the OLD devs were too busy/nervous to correct it. Didn't stop me from focusing on the two subtypes in question, but it did temper my reaction when the nerf bat started swinging. Others aren't so forgiving, and it seems the community is divided on the fairness of each solution suggested.

I propose a compromise: Colored Talisman slots shall give an equipped talisman a boost exactly the way Fierce & Overwhelming were boosted: they use the regular LvMax values for Lv1.

As a software developer myself, I've noted how the talis' values are calculated:

BaseValue + PtsPerLevel*CurrentLevel.

Simply set

BoostedBaseValue = NormalBaseValue + PtsPerLevel*LvMax.

Easy peasy.

This has a couple of benefits:
- Some of the 'losses' due to nerf can be recovered
- Makes the colored talisman slots on each character actually _beneficial_ & _helpful_, instead of worthless (or, in most cases, a flat-out hinderance).
- Creates more strategy w/ regards to talisman assignment.

I hope the devs will take this under consideration. I feel it adds to the game in a more meaningful & strategic way than simply buffing all 5* talismans & gives players more interesting choices across the board.

Aristo4
10-18-2016, 08:41 PM
Interesting idea...I'd paste this on the update thread, so someone actually sees this/maybe comment on it. Devs don't seem to be checking other forums regularly.

BillLion
10-18-2016, 08:48 PM
I like this a lot. MAA2 (before it was recently discontinued) did this and it was nice. Solid idea.

zolaar
10-18-2016, 08:53 PM
Done. Also posted to Sparton's & Kaz's 'Visitor Messages' on their profile pages (for whatever that is worth?)

Mizrael
10-18-2016, 09:10 PM
It's an honor to have you as a fellov trooper mate(even though i'm not that keen on your blue son ;)). A genius idea! This would open up endless possibilities of building your characters and teams.

eddiejose
10-18-2016, 09:12 PM
I think that's a great idea! I also thought that these type of talismans would be nerfed sooner or later, so I was kind of expecting it.

slauki
10-18-2016, 09:19 PM
really like the idea, seems to be very solid. i hope they will think about it...

zolaar
10-18-2016, 10:19 PM
> i'm not that keen on your blue son

What-what-whaaaaaat?!?!

He freezes! He heals! He self-revives! He hits like a ... ok, so he hits like a Toyota Corolla. (very economical vehicles, btw)

;)

MetalWarrior
10-18-2016, 10:24 PM
i don't even recognize the lvl 1 talismans now. i don't know how to differentiate those talismans with or without hp. :rolleyes:

Reeb99
10-18-2016, 10:35 PM
I think they should change their name from nodding frog to nerfing frog. I lost 10k life on my General. Cheese and rice.

MetalWarrior
10-18-2016, 11:18 PM
I can't guess what's actual reason for this nerfing, if it's a decoy,so we won't able to finish the game quickly now, and won't complain for not releasing new contents and stages.
and a way to buying times,then it isn't working very well.

or if the issue was, that previous setting became too easy, because enemy wasn't strong enough,then they could've just revamp the enemy,much easier solution.:rolleyes:

zolaar
10-19-2016, 04:43 AM
The reason is simple, and I pointed it out in my OP: the values at 5-star Level 1 were incorrectly entered for Fierce & Overwhelming. That's all. No other motives than to correct that bug, and this probably seemed the best time to do so, due to the other balance-related tweaks being made.

It's more reflective of the previous devs' QA team (it should've been fixed long ago, during internal alpha testing) than of the current devs who are committed to fixing problems.

Roadhouse did put 95% of this Beast together without issue, though -- kudos to them for that.

Reeb99
10-19-2016, 08:49 AM
I like this a lot. MAA2 (before it was recently discontinued) did this and it was nice. Solid idea.

That game was discontinued because the team leader was clueless. Looks like this one is heading in the same direction now. Sorry it needs to be said.

zolaar
10-19-2016, 05:54 PM
Received a msg from Sparton :

Sparton_LOTB:

Thanks for the suggestion. Me and Kaz are still waiting to see the overall impact on player clear rates and talisman usage, but we've actually had a quick discussion on the merits of your idea. I'm not sure if we'll go with your idea directly, but we do want to incorporate allowing players to further advance their characters (and talismans) in the future.

Disappointed -- of course -- but I can't fault them for being cautious about re-balancing the game without the numbers to back it up.

I can also appreciate why they'd keep their cards close to their chests regarding future gameplay features, as to do otherwise might cause more uproar if they change their minds later.

One thing is for sure: Sparton & Kaz have much more discipline and tact when speaking to the community than I ever could!