PDA

View Full Version : Soldier eddie (update)

Rattlehead
10-19-2016, 04:54 AM
So... War Torn has been nerfed incredibly, damage went from 12-13k to 3k and for some reason he feels squishier. Haven't tried using gold talismans since they scaled SP on it. Kinda annoyed and really dissapointed to bench a character that requires 19 skill shards to fully upgrade...

Thoughts? :(

Roquetas-5312
10-19-2016, 09:32 AM
Absolutely discussed with the downgrade spent months getting skill shards to upgrade and now his a piece of shit
Fury is less than normal attack !

Esquatcho
10-19-2016, 10:47 AM
I always found the better benefit of his fury was the boosts more than the damage (but then, my team are only all 4*).

But be interesting to see what he's like with the fury if you have 2 or even 3 sets of boosts?

Frost
10-19-2016, 11:35 AM
He's trash now. I DO want to suicide for upgrading him to the max. His fury does no damage now (hope it's a bug with atk scaling), he's way squishier with the HP nerf... I can't autofarm Matter Madness now.

AppleJuice
10-19-2016, 11:39 AM
He is somewhat trash now :/ It took my about 3-4 months to get him and his talismans maxed out. I feel like that time's been wasted, because there's better eddies now

Demoonchild
10-19-2016, 11:45 AM
It's true that the basic ability and the Fury were nerfed, in part due to the talis balancing, but say that now he's trash, shit or whatever... is just too much!!
Damage is important but not all, he still is a really good char, and one of the few Eddies with AOE damage...
Just stop whining for no reason....

Roquetas-5312
10-19-2016, 11:59 AM
18 skill shards is not no reason to moan I certainly won't use another to get his fury up to level 4
It took months to developers this character now I have to start all over again with another Eddie

Esquatcho
10-19-2016, 12:09 PM
Has anyone tried him with all will boost talismans? Before writing him off, Id be interested to see what effect that has. Dont forget boost (will) 5*'s should be easier to build now....

Roquetas-5312
10-19-2016, 01:02 PM
Yes went with 4 will 5*s and his worse you lose 736 atk and gain 343 special

XcarecroW
10-19-2016, 01:06 PM
The nerf has been so much yes, but i will still using it. Acrid smoke is dealing 7k-8k damage plus accuracy debuff. With one piercing fierce set, one strenght set, and one yellow set is dealing like 10k with the basick attack when piercing ignores def, not bad. Yes the fury does shit now, but the buff is really good. Tell me wich eddie is better with AOE damage that is easy to get... It is still the one for farming for me.
I have him maxed, but acrid smoke only till level 4.

Demoonchild
10-19-2016, 01:45 PM
The nerf has been so much yes, but i will still using it. Acrid smoke is dealing 7k-8k damage plus accuracy debuff. With one piercing fierce set, one strenght set, and one yellow set is dealing like 10k with the basick attack when piercing ignores def, not bad. Yes the fury does shit now, but the buff is really good. Tell me wich eddie is better with AOE damage that is easy to get... It is still the one for farming for me.
I have him maxed, but acrid smoke only till level 4.

The Tailgunner is better now... Hahaha!! but youre right XcarecroW

Nekroliun
10-19-2016, 01:48 PM
The Tailgunner is better now... Hahaha!! but youre right XcarecroW

Gotta admit, after using kai's tailgunner and wrecking the beast with a 30k crit using his fury, tailgunner seems pretty nice... he only needs a heal...

Demoonchild
10-19-2016, 03:28 PM
Gotta admit, after using kai's tailgunner and wrecking the beast with a 30k crit using his fury, tailgunner seems pretty nice... he only needs a heal...

He has a Heal Nekro, Laugh heals (himself only anyway)...

vgta99
10-20-2016, 07:50 AM
I make a review of the set talisman in my Soldier Eddie, change 1 set strenght fierce by 1 set of boost will and is fury is better but not really good 4k-5k and no change in regular attack.
So I preffer to use my SoL Eddie...

Reeb99
10-20-2016, 08:12 AM
Try pulling out a red and putting in a yellow talisman. A 3/3 split might be ideal now instead of 4 red / 2 yellow.

Ancient Mariner
10-20-2016, 09:17 AM
When i read people saying that now Soldier Eddie's fury deals less damage than the normal attack i thought they were exxagerating, and instead it's sadly true o.O and i even have it at max level!
I wonder if it's a bug, because a special attack can't deals less damage than a normal one, otherwise it's useless..

Another thing: i've read that acrid smoke now should deal true damage and not magic anymore, right? Yet the description still says magic attack :confused:

Esquatcho
10-20-2016, 10:30 AM
My soldier is only a 4*, but swapping 2x reds for 2x yellows made a big difference to his fury. Attack didnt seem to drop too significantly. Has anyone tried him now with 6 x boost (wills) talismans?

vgta99
10-20-2016, 11:27 AM
Has anyone tried him now with 6 x boost (wills) talismans?

Can't because you have 2 red slot on him.

Esquatcho
10-20-2016, 12:11 PM
Oops, OK, so 4xboost + 2 reds, how does that work with the fury? My lvl4 definitely seems to do a little better overall with that....

URock
10-20-2016, 03:27 PM
I played with 4xyellow and 2xred talismans. Fury damage is so...low since the update. It must be a bug, because of new damage formula based on special + attack. Soldier Eddie now is only usefull to farm...

woodol
10-24-2016, 12:09 PM
Acrid smoke does random damage and the fury is too low. I confirm that the fury is lower than a normal attack, too bad

Ancient Mariner
10-24-2016, 01:08 PM
Acrid smoke does random damage and the fury is too low. I confirm that the fury is lower than a normal attack, too bad

The only benefit is that they added another skill level to the fury.
About the acrid smoke instead, i don't know if it's a problem of translation (i set the language to italian), but in the decription it still says that the damage is magic :confused:

woodol
10-24-2016, 01:36 PM
The damage is not magic, since the update, I have seen the difference. Before about 400 pts of damage and now about 4000 ! (I don't have any magic talisman)

Cthulhum
10-24-2016, 02:10 PM
What i would suggest, and will probably make a thread about it, is to reset the skill shards of characters which were subject to an update (of any form).

I remember being in a huge dilemma back then, of going for a maxed Soldier vs. Carriage Rider Eddie and i ended up choosing the first option.

The character is still good, i combine it with a Red Troll and it's still optimal for auto-farming (as there is limited damage on him during the first round, and most fights don't last more than 1-2 rounds anyway), but the decrease of fury skill damage is really, but really in-explainable (just can't comprehend for fury to damage less than normal attack).

It's not just me i presume that has been feeling as a part of a beta testing period for this game, that lasted from the moment it came out, up to the tuning update.

Best reward for us that "stayed" would be this SKILL SHARD RESET, nothing else. I don't even believe it would really damage the game economically, as in most cases, it is just one character with a significant amount of shards (that will go to the next one).

MuadDib-7367
10-24-2016, 02:11 PM
Soldier Eddie may be the only Eddie whose basic attack consistently deals more damage than any of his special attacks or his fury. I have him with max talisman (2 boost, 2 fierce strength, 2 fierce piercing and only use his basic attack or heal. Only upside is that it does leave more energy for the support characters. He definitely needs to be reworked.