PDA

View Full Version : Pharaoh Dog King

Rattlehead
10-19-2016, 04:56 AM
Is this guy going to get his wings back anytime soon? Or does it only happen in my game?

Tucci
10-21-2016, 08:57 PM
Mine too. The shadows are there for them.

90mphyorker
03-25-2017, 02:46 AM
Is it worth putting Skill Shards on him?

Been using him in my Arena defence and felt I started holding a bit more since I started him him. But am I going to see the benifit if I pop 10 skill shards on to him?

Have 9 skill shards (10 after tomorrow) so could max him out straight away.

But got lots of other characters I use them on too. Decisions decisions.

R1ck
03-25-2017, 02:53 AM
I just sacrificed mine which had 5 skillshards

Browno
03-25-2017, 05:27 AM
You will not benefit by sharding it in arena for defence. All he does is a little more damage, but not so much it is worth sharding him.

90mphyorker
03-25-2017, 08:57 AM
Cheers, thought as much. Thought he'd be like Sharding up Mummy Eddie, only a slight increase in damage.

Got lots of other characters that need them so I'll leave him be. Likely to drop him from defence when I get a better character anyway.

RACCAR-8000
03-31-2017, 04:46 AM
IMO the PDK should be better, he's getting a little boost in next update, but he's still far to weak for a natural 5 start toon. I believe he's supposed to be a defense, keep your team alive guy, and not a offensive guy. Still just can't find a place for em.

Browno
03-31-2017, 07:06 AM
Pdk were great at defense when he had 15% heal before. His curse skill can make a huge difference as well, almost double the damage taken. He is great as support for magic casters too when maxed.

scott-5496
03-31-2017, 09:34 AM
I have never even seen one being used in PVP so that might be a guide to how good he is?

konstifik
03-31-2017, 09:46 AM
I have never even seen one being used in PVP so that might be a guide to how good he is?

I've seen tons of PDK's in PvP, but not in any higher ranked teams. His passive cleanse is annoying, but his damage is so low that you can leave him alive until last.

The increased chance of triggering Curse is probably the best improvement from sharding him. Still, the AI is too stupid for him to be effective in a defending team.

Browno
03-31-2017, 10:38 AM
I use him in my offensive team with great success togethee with aof. Good for taking out single targets. Not many have him sharded tho. I use him in my defense too and have around 28% hold rate.

thealchemist
06-03-2017, 12:57 PM
I am thinking this toon could potentially keep my team alive longer in PVP against certain teams...if so which talismans would people recommend? I'm still leveling it up the hard way (about lvl90 atm) but once at 100 I might give it a shot. I am thinking of ones like warp and paladin which boost magic based on its good hp and mr stats. Or should I lean more towards boosting def, mr and hp as its attack is on the weaker side...Thoughts?

Browno
06-03-2017, 02:03 PM
Go for hp. When maxed it does around 5k dmg with its attack. Paladin talismans are good on this one. Use it more for it's potential buffs. Curse is great

Kardas
06-03-2017, 02:07 PM
Depends on what your team is. For most PVP-oriented characters I give them a Health set (I would use Shell Talismans but alas I have none) and fill the rest with offense Talismans.
I haven't used my (Sharded) PDK in forever, but I'll expect he'll do just fine with 2 Shells (Ward) and 4 Paladin (3 Power 1 Arcane).
Another niche option is giving him a Comet set along with the usual 2 greens. PDK should be tanky enough to cope with the lack of health granted by the Comet set.

thealchemist
06-03-2017, 02:33 PM
well at the moment my team is Grim reaper Eddie, Assassin Axis Bomber Boy, Magus Corrupt Rescuer and Assassin Soulless demon. It would be a possible replacement for the soulless demon as I use its power skill to give my team a magic boost which PDK can do as well.

Sadly I don't have comet or shell talismans, just more the run of the mill ones from doing farming of SQs and whatnot. I'm not sure I have that many arcane paladin talismans either, I tend to receive the sorcery ones the most.

Coletrain
06-03-2017, 03:09 PM
Depends on what your team is. For most PVP-oriented characters I give them a Health set (I would use Shell Talismans but alas I have none) and fill the rest with offense Talismans.
I haven't used my (Sharded) PDK in forever, but I'll expect he'll do just fine with 2 Shells (Ward) and 4 Paladin (3 Power 1 Arcane).
Another niche option is giving him a Comet set along with the usual 2 greens. PDK should be tanky enough to cope with the lack of health granted by the Comet set.

I would be interested to hear from anyone who has successfully used comet or meteor talismans in PvP. Perhaps you could use them on offense, but I don't foresee any AI team saving enough power to use those skills.