PDA

View Full Version : Mummy Eddie vs. Speed of Light Eddie

OpticSugar
10-19-2016, 07:08 PM
Thanks to the glorious recent change in drop rates, I find myself just one evo shard away from a 5* upgrade (UPDATE... while writing this, I just got that ninth evo shard!), and so again I turn to the community to help with the decision of who to promote.

I'll be retiring my Soldier Eddie (for the most part) and so I'll be looking to replace him as my number two Eddie (I typically ride with Carriage Rider as number one, and Vampire Hunter (for his revive ability) as number three).

The decision is between Mummy Eddie vs. Speed of Light Eddie.

Let me know your thoughts.

The Educated fool
10-19-2016, 07:13 PM
I don't think I really need to say where I stand on this at this point... though I'm gonna be looking to upgrade my Mummy soon. :cool:

Aristo4
10-19-2016, 07:17 PM
Hearing how badass SoL became he's next on my eddie upgrades too. Gotta see for myself in 5 hours though, and I have the right trooper to test it out:cool:

The Educated fool
10-19-2016, 07:32 PM
The biggest surprise (to me) is how good his heal is now... it was much more of an "oh-shit-I'm-dying-what-can-I-do-argh" option, before (to put it simply). :cool:

Nekroliun
10-19-2016, 07:36 PM
How much heal does the do??? If its something like roullete then holy shit

Browno
10-19-2016, 07:41 PM
I think around 75% of the health of each char. Healed 12k on some chars and 25k on sentinel

The Educated fool
10-19-2016, 07:46 PM
It's a little amazing, actually... I'm kinda scared to talk about it, lest it be "nerfed," as they say... lol :cool:

EddieV8-2238
10-19-2016, 08:49 PM
I went with speed of light he seems to be better now compile works good for gunner lord of light

OpticSugar
10-19-2016, 08:52 PM
I think it's decided then... I'm going to drop the shards on the Speed of Light Eddie. Who'd a thought a week ago I'd be upgrading him?

And it sounds like it will make my PSS redundant... so I can free up his spot for some more interesting options (like my red troll beast!).

The bottleneck now is upgrading talismans... Any suggestions on how to adorn him (Speed of Light Eddie) with talismans?

The Educated fool
10-19-2016, 08:57 PM
I've found that holy work well with him, and he needs a health too. Could do two of them (for the effect), but he doesn't need it, and for my money, the magic trade-off isn't worth it.

Aristo4
10-19-2016, 08:57 PM
I think my builds for magus ones in general will be 3 freeze, 2 holy, 1 whatever ward from now on. Seems to be the perfect balance on my Carriage, and I suspect on SoL too.

The Educated fool
10-19-2016, 09:01 PM
It's not a bad build at all... I've always found my Freeze talismans work better on my General though, since I only have one maxed set... and as much as I love the freeze effect, I did find I missed the magic damage the Holy talis gave me.

Reeb99
10-19-2016, 09:34 PM
I've kind of ignored my SoL for a while, but I'm thinking about using him again. Soldier Eddie is still usable, but much much harder to keep alive.

How hard did wicker dog queen get nerfed? I'm thinking SoL, Blue Soldier, gunner Voidling, Wicker dog queen might be a decent magic team. SoL steals fury, gunner voidling steals power, the other two take care of damage and buffs.

Aristo4
10-19-2016, 09:36 PM
How hard did wicker dog queen get nerfed?

I think I saw somewhere -700 something on magic stat.

OpticSugar
10-19-2016, 09:36 PM
I'm definitely a big fan of the freeze effect, although is there a reason that it seems to proc way more often with the Corrupt General (of which I only have troopers) than it does with my Carriage Rider Eddie? Oh wait... they're probably stacking them... yeah that's it. I just checked and Nicko-0517 has 6x freeze talismans on him. That would explain it.

Are there any other factors that would make one character with freeze talismans proc freeze effect more often than another?

Kardas
10-19-2016, 09:37 PM
Considering you already have Carriage Rider, I'd try Mummy before SoL.
Since Mummy Ed also does magic damage, he still works fine in a magic team (I use the same, except for Pharoah Dog King instead of WDQ)
I will say though, once I have the Evo Shards, I'll be ranking my SoL up to 5*.

No clue how good the Gunner Golden Son is though.

Aristo4
10-19-2016, 09:39 PM
I'm definitely a big fan of the freeze effect, although is there a reason that it seems to proc way more often with the Corrupt General (of which I only have troopers) than it does with my Carriage Rider Eddie? Oh wait... they're probably stacking them... yeah that's it. I just checked and Nicko-0517 has 6x freeze talismans on him. That would explain it.

Are there any other factors that would make one character with freeze talismans proc freeze effect more often than another?

Mystery to me too. Got 2 maxed sets rotating between my CR, blue soldier and gunner undead hunter....out of these less often proc on the CR, was always the case for me :rolleyes:

Reeb99
10-19-2016, 09:41 PM
Btw, gunner voidling doesn't do a whole lot of damage, but steals mad power with an energy set. The base attack already has a power stealing chance, then the energy set on top... Seems like a really good team up for SoL Eddie to me.

OpticSugar
10-19-2016, 10:00 PM
Mystery to me too. Got 2 maxed sets rotating between my CR, blue soldier and gunner undead hunter....out of these less often proc on the CR, was always the case for me :rolleyes:

There must be an invisible accuracy stat for all the characters that goes on under the hood - or something.

Esquatcho
10-19-2016, 11:49 PM
Just quickly on the freeze, since the update, is it me, or has the trigger liklihood been reduced considerably? I swear it used to be 35% and now my set is only 12%...

Reeb99
10-20-2016, 12:04 AM
I never had much luck with the freeze set unless doubled up on. Not many characters have all blue slots or the base health to pull that off. Blind set is still sticking about the same, but the AI seems to be landing about double the previous amount of basic attacks as previously...

Back to Speed of Light Eddie... Did you guys know his "block beneficial effects" skill prevents ghosting? I just used it right before the dungeon change, no ghost for blue Lord of Light. He just died. +1 for SoL Eddie! Oh yeah his heal is awesome now. Combine it with green General's buff, guaranteed full heal.

Ringe666-7406
10-24-2016, 02:19 PM
I never had much luck with the freeze set unless doubled up on. Not many characters have all blue slots or the base health to pull that off. Blind set is still sticking about the same, but the AI seems to be landing about double the previous amount of basic attacks as previously...

Back to Speed of Light Eddie... Did you guys know his "block beneficial effects" skill prevents ghosting? I just used it right before the dungeon change, no ghost for blue Lord of Light. He just died. +1 for SoL Eddie! Oh yeah his heal is awesome now. Combine it with green General's buff, guaranteed full heal.

Thank god they fixed it... I hope they did this for gunner LoL too, since he couldn't get his buff after his Fury, but could still steal and apply my buffs, thus healing himself... But I haven't played dungeon in a month or so

Reeb99
10-24-2016, 09:53 PM
Not sure about the gunner LoL yet. I forgot to test that one because I was too busy trying to make sure he dies before stealing the General's buff and wipe my whole team lol

Frost
10-24-2016, 11:24 PM
I'M living Mummy Eddie post update. More stun and taunt, a little less damage but my MAGUS TEAM buffs do for that