PDA

View Full Version : Talismas Guide For Dummies- Back to School

MetalWarrior
10-19-2016, 10:02 PM
Don't get confused by the Thread title,I'm not here to write guides for dummies,I'm looking for guide as a dummy
so,that means when you answer my question,this thread will fulfill its destiny. :p

I don't memorize talisman names,i try to remember them by color and icon.
here is a simple question about talisman,since the recent update....

how do you know which stat comes with which talisman!! i know it increases by leveling up and evolve,
but how would i know, what are the stats comes with it,if it is a *1 talisman !!!
it wasn't an issue for me previously..but

maybe you guys know the trick,where to simply look at,cause i can't see it :rolleyes:
let me show you an example with images to clarify my question.

So,if i have this *1 talisman (image above),how can i determine that, this talisman will get me HP and MR when evolved to 3* or more..

Aristo4
10-19-2016, 10:07 PM
Well,they will be as they always were...fierce goes HP/ATK/DEF ,safeguard HP/ATK/MR etc...

As the guide says...take a look there :cool:

http://ironmaidenlegacy.wikia.com/wiki/Talismans

* wrong max stats there, don't forget

MetalWarrior
10-19-2016, 10:25 PM
Are you saying,it is not possible to determine for dummy like me,as it was before .
My only option is to memorize the name/category of the talisman and their criteria (which is you mentioned) or visit the wiki page

*no concern about changes of max stats/nerf in this specific scenario.

Aristo4
10-19-2016, 10:32 PM
Yes, you should be checking what to evolve beforehand, if its quardian safeguard, guardian fierce or guardian skilled.(others accordingly). Were you going red,green.yellow etc without noticing what is what the whole time? :p

MetalWarrior
10-19-2016, 10:39 PM
Yes, you should be checking what to evolve beforehand, if its quardian safeguard, guardian fierce or guardian skilled.(others accordingly). Were you going red,green.yellow etc without noticing what is what the whole time? :p

I guess, you've not seen *1 talisman for a long time,cause all you may have is *5 (no joke) :cool:
but for poor guy like me, * 1 is a hope for tomorrow.
previously all the criteria was there,starts with the *1 talisman,lvl 1 (with a minimal number)
so i knew,what i was leveling up and evolving. :(

----------- Edit---------
example of an for older version below

Aristo4
10-19-2016, 10:45 PM
I guess, you've not seen *1 talisman for a long time,cause all you may have is *5 (no joke) :cool:
but for poor guy like me, * 1 is a hope for tomorrow.
previously all the criteria was there,starts with the *1 talisman,lvl 1 (with a minimal number)
so i knew,what i was leveling up and evolving. :(

:p

Don't worry, I've got to level many 1*'s now too, and certainly don't have near as many 5* talis as others do:cool:

Shifter
10-19-2016, 11:06 PM
Now that the talisman nerf has hit, my rule of thumb now is:
"safeguard" for Red characters, "Power" for Blue characters, Reason for this, most red characters have high def but low MR so safeguard fills the gap and vice versa for Blue characters.
Green is different, obviously it is overwhelming for characters who do Physical damage, and ward for Magical guys. Gold guys get either will (atk) or bulwark (magic), Purple it just doesn't seem to matter since most purple guys seem to be equal or close to it for Mag/ATk and def/MR.

Vendor trash in my opinion
Red- skilled
Blue- sorcery
Gold- onslaught
Green- Mystical
Purple- whatever I have most of

MetalWarrior
10-19-2016, 11:21 PM
Now,the destiny of the half of the thread title has fulfilled " Back to school ",
now those tips are as good as it gets,but how about a short tip for a dummy !!

don't tell me ,uninstall lotb and play candy crush ;)

Shifter
10-20-2016, 12:05 AM
Short tip is to remember what not to keep, all the others you will find a use for.

Reeb99
10-20-2016, 12:08 AM
Silly unnecessary change. It's like they wanted to confuse people. SMDH at this one.

Shifter
10-20-2016, 12:15 AM
Silly unnecessary change. It's like they wanted to confuse people. SMDH at this one

totally agree on this, especially for someone just starting the game when resources are what holds you back.

MetalWarrior
10-20-2016, 01:28 AM
Short tip is to remember what not to keep, all the others you will find a use for.

that's a very good advise,i knew there were some similar icon talisman had NO hp on them,i never kept them.
for example - Red (skilled) , Blue (sorcery)... don't think,that i memorized them,i'm just looking at them as i'm typing this.
Now! i don't know...if it comes with HP or not, when i receive a *1 talisman,and what are two other hidden stats when evolved.

i guess! answer is, to memorize them or print out wiki page and use it as handbook.

Silly unnecessary change. It's like they wanted to confuse people. SMDH at this one.

really! i would have had no problem,if it was stating like the image below after the nerf.

Reeb99
10-20-2016, 03:27 AM
The only non-leveled reds I'm keeping anymore is safeguard. There's no use leveling up red fierce anymore considering red characters in general have trouble with MR and not defense. Blues, still concentrating on power, yellows keep everything but onslaught, keep all greens but stone and paralysis sets. Freeze sets are pretty useless now, just using them as extra blues when I can't compete a set bonus.

Esquatcho
10-20-2016, 10:09 AM
+NADA, that would have been perfect!

mikmar
10-24-2016, 03:42 PM
Now that the talisman nerf has hit, my rule of thumb now is:
"safeguard" for Red characters, "Power" for Blue characters, Reason for this, most red characters have high def but low MR so safeguard fills the gap and vice versa for Blue characters.
Green is different, obviously it is overwhelming for characters who do Physical damage, and ward for Magical guys. Gold guys get either will (atk) or bulwark (magic), Purple it just doesn't seem to matter since most purple guys seem to be equal or close to it for Mag/ATk and def/MR.

Vendor trash in my opinion
Red- skilled
Blue- sorcery
Gold- onslaught
Green- Mystical
Purple- whatever I have most of

Why do you think these are trash ??
If you're searching for physical defense and magic defense they are OK.
What is the problem ??
The lack of HP ??
What is the use of HP ??
I don't now.
With more HP I can use more power capabilities ??
For example my team have 12 power points, with more HP talismans I can have more power points ?? Example 15 or more ??

What are the benefits of HP provided by talismans ??

Thanks

Kutte
10-24-2016, 05:00 PM
You will survive much longer with more hp.
Your max PP is always 12.

mikmar
10-24-2016, 05:03 PM
You will survive much longer with more hp.
Your max PP is always 12.

OK, thanks !!!!

MuadDib-7367
10-24-2016, 06:07 PM
I dump anything labeled "Skilled", "Onslaught", "Sorcery" or "Mystical." Everything else likely could likely find a home in the right squad so be more selective selling those.

Esquatcho
10-25-2016, 04:29 AM
Anyone got tricks to know which to sell? I end up having to give a 1* upgrade to the ones I want to keep, so I dont accidentally sell something wrong. Any other tricks to know what to sell on the sale page?

MetalWarrior
10-25-2016, 05:52 AM
Anyone got tricks to know which to sell? I end up having to give a 1* upgrade to the ones I want to keep, so I dont accidentally sell something wrong. Any other tricks to know what to sell on the sale page?

since this a thread for dummies,i will give the dummy trick that i use.

i have bunch of useless characters that i don't use ( i won't sell them either/locked).

Now, if i want to sell all my useless blue talismans,i equip all my blue useful/good talisman into those characters,
so my inventory would have no good blue talismans when i goto sell them,i won't see them,thus won't able to sell them accidentally.:p

Arcturus
10-25-2016, 07:00 AM
Why do you think these are trash ??
If you're searching for physical defense and magic defense they are OK.
What is the problem ??
The lack of HP ??
What is the use of HP ??
I don't now.
With more HP I can use more power capabilities ??
For example my team have 12 power points, with more HP talismans I can have more power points ?? Example 15 or more ??

What are the benefits of HP provided by talismans ??

Thanks A few more words on this - defense protects against physical damage & MR protects against magic damage. True damage ignores both. So Def/MR does not help against quite a few enemies (especially at end-game). But more HP will help out no matter what type of damage it is. Plus I think more skills scale with HP than Def/MR. And nothing scales with both, so no need to boost both Def & MR at the expense of HP.