PDA

View Full Version : Rare souls on time rift dungeons -How many are you getting?

BillLion
10-20-2016, 10:02 AM
First off, I generally like the new update and I definitely appreciate all the effort and communication the devs are putting into this game. Hats off, fellas!

That said, I am concerned about the acquisition of rare souls. Last night I played about 120 SOT on the dungeons and did not receive one rare soul. I know that's not enough of sample play to track drop rates. I've not received one rare soul from the dungeons since the update, but how about you?

How many rare souls are you getting from the dungeons now?

Painkiller
10-20-2016, 10:29 AM
None, I just continue to farm Madness levels :)

Aristo4
10-20-2016, 10:45 AM
None also.

Kaijester
10-20-2016, 10:46 AM
It's time to abandon Time Rift and fill your characters with lv50 talisman so that you don't need to keep switching them!

Esquatcho
10-20-2016, 12:25 PM
Fair enough Kaijester, but what about those of us without an awesome set of toons yet? I feel like Im just going to be waiting until I get the daily rewards for new toons, but that usually just turns up 3* numpties.

Need sacrifice sooner rather than later!

Demoonchild
10-20-2016, 01:11 PM
Hahaha no idea! I didnt even play the LOL dungeon anymore.... (low quality rewards, less gold, c'mon!!)

slauki
10-20-2016, 01:16 PM
no reason to play the dungeon anymore. i really like the changes, but they screw up the dungeon, if you ask me. one rare soul in approx. 35 tries, ridiculous. why should we still play the dungeons for 8 SOT???

they shouldn't reduce the rare soul drops, till sacrifice is active, but noone wants to listen to me :p

Qed
10-20-2016, 01:29 PM
I found 0. A not needed change, having less rare souls who does help? In what way it makes the game better? Nonsense.

Frost
10-20-2016, 01:42 PM
0 since the update. Also no 3* coloured evo shards in LoL X. Is that right?

BillLion
10-20-2016, 01:44 PM
no reason to play the dungeon anymore. i really like the changes, but they screw up the dungeon, if you ask me. one rare soul in approx. 35 tries, ridiculous. why should we still play the dungeons for 8 SOT???

they shouldn't reduce the rare soul drops, till sacrifice is active, but noone wants to listen to me :p

I'm listening and I agree!

That was my same concern on the front end when they announced the reduction. They should have waited until they offered some new content. Right now it makes boring end game farming even less attractive. C'mon guys, you can always reduce rare soul drops there later, but this was probably not the best time to reduce incentive to play for those who have been around.

Sparton said rare souls are sill farmable there -but I don't see it.

Arcturus
10-20-2016, 02:02 PM
0 since the update. Also no 3* coloured evo shards in LoL X. Is that right?

Probably just rng, but I'm having the same experience (no 3* colored evo shards) over the last 2 days.

Eagleknight
10-20-2016, 02:04 PM
Big fat 0 yesterday. That is sad because it the only place other then buying them to get them. Not everyone has all the toons they want. Oh I forgot the secret locations but can't count on them and they have a timer.

Ubajoa
10-20-2016, 09:23 PM
I did 3 refills of SoT and got a big number of 0 rare souls in the time rift lvl X, so the new math indicates if you want to get rare souls buy them at the store. 10 rare souls costs 675 ironite, 67.5 per rare soul compared to 3 refills that costs 90 ironite.

Aristo4
10-20-2016, 09:26 PM
I did 3 refills of SoT and got a big number of 0 rare souls in the time rift lvl X, so the new math indicates if you want to get rare souls buy them at the store. 10 rare souls costs 675 ironite, 67.5 per rare soul compared to 3 refills that costs 90 ironite.

They must be completely removed and they're not telling us, for whatever reason (or the obvious $ reason)...im still on the big 0 too.

Eagleknight
10-20-2016, 09:29 PM
Glad I have a few souls saved up.

oldrava-3320
10-20-2016, 09:37 PM
2 days over 100 games no rare soul not even in loot location

Ubajoa
10-20-2016, 09:45 PM
I got 1 from ailign kingdom normal secret location so I guess secret locations drops are same as before. Time rift on the other hand are no longer viable to farm them.

Eagleknight
10-20-2016, 09:47 PM
So unless you get from a secret location or buy rare souls you are sol until new content.

Fakos13
10-23-2016, 04:19 PM

Fakos13-8267

Eagleknight
10-23-2016, 04:28 PM
I am just not doing rifts anymore. No rare souls no point. If no one is playing the rifts mabey they will fix the drop rates there. But I see no reason to attempt an area that is so time consuming and that provides such limited rewards. I'll just keep doing normal missions.

The Educated fool
10-23-2016, 06:15 PM
Probably just rng, but I'm having the same experience (no 3* colored evo shards) over the last 2 days.

I'm in the same boat too. No rare souls at all dropping is in LoL X is ridiculous. No coloured evolution shards dropping in a dungeon that was basically expressly created to drop them is infuriating. Frankly, it may, if not fixed soon, be the final push I need to stop playing this game for good. Frustrating developments in this game have been par for the course, but ceasing the drops of coloured 3* evolution shards at the same time you finally make the 3* rainbow shards readily available is way beyond merely being frustrating. Eight sands of time, over and over for no return is actively insulting to your player base.

BillLion
10-23-2016, 06:20 PM
Yeah, I'm not bothering with the dungeons anymore either. Only if I needed the colored 3* evo shards, but I have so many from before it'll be a while.

As stated, no rare souls (and I have not received one) then there is little incentive for me to spend SOT there.

The Educated fool
10-23-2016, 06:25 PM
I was focused on my talismans while rainbow rune drops were so impossibly low, so my pool of 3* shards is very limited... I never imagined the coloured drops stopping entirely. It's as though they WANT to drive their players away, with some of these changes...

BillLion
10-23-2016, 06:28 PM
Sorry to hear that. I hope they're listening. Because when I did the dungeons after the update not only was I not getting rare souls, I didn't get tons of the 3* evo shards either. In fact, I got tons of crap. They're supposed to be plentiful on levels 8 & 9 and especially 10. Is anyone having that experience?

The Educated fool
10-23-2016, 06:30 PM
Running X over and over and getting 2* yellows (in the current dungeon) is like a slap in the face...

BillLion
10-23-2016, 06:35 PM
Running X over and over and getting 2* yellows (in the current dungeon) is like a slap in the face...

Yeah, I didn't really have complaints about the drop rates in the dungeons prior to the update -sounds like the "improvements" made it worse.

Eagleknight
10-23-2016, 06:37 PM
Seems as though this information need to be brought to Spartans thread as that is the only place we get response. I saw
That Sparton said that people are still playing rifts. That's why I thought not playing them might wake them up to the problems with the rifts.

The Educated fool
10-23-2016, 06:39 PM
I went there first. :cool: Hopefully I'll get a response. Actually felt a bit guilty taking this thread (somewhat) off topic, since we're meant to be focussing on the total lack of rare soul drops here. Just frustrated at the moment. I need to seek out my happy place. lol

Eagleknight
10-23-2016, 06:48 PM
I know. Hopefully things will get better. I just hope its sooner rather then later. It seems that trying to push and prepare for pvp has caused some questionable decisions.

As for spending money on the game I have had no problem spending money for fun but I won't spend money when I feel forced too. To be honest I haven't spent a dime since the update and won't again until things change.

The Educated fool
10-23-2016, 06:52 PM
I don't think that the concept of me spending actual money on this game--even in the most hypothetical of theories--has ever been more far away for me than this moment.

slauki
10-23-2016, 07:02 PM
i'm going to boycott the dungeon since it's ridiculous to spend 8 sot for such miserable droprate. in 50 rounds one rare soul and 2* colored shards...so WTF???
as eagle mentioned, sparon stated, that enough people still play the dungeon, but i bet my corrupt general, that many people will stop playing dungeons as soon as they realize how bad the deal is.

so the only thing we can do is to refuse playing the dungeon. for me it's an easy task because i have plenty of 3* shards of any colour. i would only play it if i desperatly need some colored 3* shards...in any other case i would stay away from it...

edit: maybe i will play some rounds to proove how bad the droprate is...

Nicko
10-23-2016, 07:29 PM
I just tried 80 SoT in level X to see for myself

One 3* Yellow evo rune

Zero rare souls

That's pathetic! Agree; no reason to play the dungeon at this point. Hope the developers take notice

Glad I'm working on talismans instead...

The Educated fool
10-23-2016, 07:35 PM
Glad I'm working on talismans instead...

I am too... of necessity.

Maybe it's for the best... I have been neglecting my pinball aps, since this game came out. lol

Nicko
10-23-2016, 07:52 PM
Many of us playing for a while have enough colored shards to evolve a character or two in each class

But I don't see how new players are ever going to get the colored shards with this drop rate, specially since each dungeon only comes around once a week

BillLion
10-23-2016, 08:15 PM
Honestly, it must be a glitch. They clearly stated that the #s were increasing not decreasing. Hope the devs can confirm one way or another.

But with that and the lack of rare souls no need for me to hit the dungeons either. #BanOn

reaper-3007
10-24-2016, 06:26 PM
I have received '0' Rare Souls since the update. Played 60 rounds on lvls 8-10. Also, have only received (1) 3* gold evo.

PsychoEddie
10-25-2016, 03:47 AM
Each time a dungeon comes around I'm able to move at least one character to a new level.

It's like today, I was able to get 3x3* to move a hellhound to 5*

As long as there is a chance to do that sort of thing each day, with some skill, it's all good.

Previous to this, it was a overall mostly a crapshoot.

Kaijester
10-25-2016, 03:50 AM
Wow slauki, you have been really lucky to get that one Rare Soul. More than a 100 rounds and none here.

Reeb99
10-25-2016, 04:35 AM
Since the update, 0 from the dungeons, 3-4 from secret locations. If you want more rare souls, you're probably better off grinding the cosmos until you have enough ironite to buy them from the store.

Now the 3* shards... You probably can't run LoL 9 or 10 unless you have multiple good 5* characters already. So that means the rest of us are stuck grinding 7 or 8. I don't run the dungeon if it is on a day that I don't have a good character of that type to upgrade. I spent a full sands on 7/8 the gunner day and received a single 3* color shard. It's going to take a month or more at this rate just to evolve a single character. Those that can grind 9 / 10 and get enough to evolve 1 character a day are either extremely lucky, or have enough 5* characters already that this game is trivial to you at this point.

The rainbow shards are dropping like flies for sure though. I only had a handful before the update, and I'm already up to enough to evolve 4 characters to 5*. I imagine I'll have hundreds of them by the time I get enough 3* color evo shards to evolve anything.

Esquatcho
10-25-2016, 04:54 AM
I farm LoLX and almost every day for a half/full SoT refill and have gotten one rare soul (from memory it was early after the release too). However, 3* coloureds seem to be dropping OK for me (touch wood). Certainly my gut feel is that they arent any worse than before.

Fister
10-25-2016, 07:27 AM
I have to do the dungeons, since I have almost none 3* evo shards but the green ones. Did 30 yesterday, 0 rare and 3 evo shards. Did also 30 today, 1 rare and 3 evo shards. Had also some luck in secret location, sands of time. 3* energy talisman, 1 rare and 1 Gunner/Assassin soul. 🙌

Aristo4
10-25-2016, 08:12 PM
First rare soul since the update, just now.

Does this qualify as hope? (haven't played more than 50 matches in any rift all week since the update)

Ubajoa
10-25-2016, 08:25 PM
Does this qualify as hope?

Keep grinding and tell us.

BillLion
10-25-2016, 08:28 PM
First rare soul since the update, just now.

Does this qualify as hope? (haven't played more than 50 matches in any rift all week since the update)

I'm happy for you, but this doesn't qualify as hope for me.

Yesterday I did about 120 SOT in the dungeons and about 80 today -to really give it a shot. My average is about 1 colored 3* shard per 80 SOT.

However, I have yet to receive 1 rare soul since the update. The only way I'll play the dungeons now is a) if I really need a colored shard (won't be for awhile as I have plenty) or b) if I have SOT to burn and I'm feeling lucky. For now I won't be spending ironite on SOT refills like I used to regularly do though.