PDA

View Full Version : Post update troopers: please change to an Eddie.

aur0ra85
10-20-2016, 08:43 PM
This is a public service announcement.
Please change your trooper to an Eddie. Very few troopers are capable of auto farm anymore on madness.
Thanks!

OpticSugar
10-20-2016, 09:15 PM
Question: What if your champion *is* capable of auto-farming in Madness? I've been auto-farming Game of Death [madness] all day long with my max'd red Troll (that I've nicknamed "Muffin").

slauki
10-20-2016, 09:26 PM
Question: What if your champion *is* capable of auto-farming in Madness? I've been auto-farming Game of Death [madness] all day long with my max'd red Troll (that I've nicknamed "Muffin").

i agree with aurora, your troll is possible to autofarm with your specific team, if you run a mage or a sentinel team, where the troll doesn't fit, it's not so easy to manage.

OpticSugar
10-20-2016, 09:36 PM
Well, it appears that Drew-1616 is not in my trooper list anyway. If you guys want me to switch to an Eddie, I'll do it. I aim to please.

Aristo4
10-20-2016, 09:37 PM
This is a public service announcement.
Please change your trooper to an Eddie. Very few troopers are capable of auto farm anymore on madness.
Thanks!

Hmm, i'm 50-50 on all this. I greatly enjoy my 10 troopers using the general, optic's troll and many other usefull troopers. On the other hand everyone using an Eddie would make things easy not worrying in which team to fit him...simply on the bench. (this would kill the variety though)

Eagleknight
10-20-2016, 09:40 PM
Should I take pss off trooper champ?

I have been just using all non eddies on a low lvl mission to save time when using them.

slauki
10-20-2016, 09:50 PM
for me it's always a little bit annoying using anything but an eddie, since i have to think about how to use the noneddie troopers. less usefull characters i use in secret location, but since i have approx. 20 non eddies i have to play manually every time with them to finish a high level, that i grind. after the update the grinding is a little more tough than before that's why i like the eddie solution even more. additionaly i think your trooper will be used more often, when you choose an eddie.

tbh i almost never experiment with other characters from troopers, and because it's really easy to upgrade them now this option lost much of it's former usefullness.

but that's just my opinion, as grinder ;-)

Eagleknight
10-20-2016, 09:52 PM
Ok I'll kill pss and put up an Eddie. Pharaoh Eddie up. He is still useful for surviving if needed.

Londo-7244
10-20-2016, 09:58 PM
Hmmmm...... Guess my General is getting benched. Poor old guy. With a bum hand an all :(

Aristo4
10-20-2016, 10:00 PM
Hmmmm...... Guess my General is getting benched. Poor old guy. With a bum hand an all :(

NO.........

Londo-7244
10-20-2016, 10:01 PM
NO.........

No? Make up my mind peoples lol

Eagleknight
10-20-2016, 10:02 PM
Hahaha.:cool:

OpticSugar
10-20-2016, 10:15 PM
okay... say goodbye to Muffin everyone...

Aristo4
10-20-2016, 10:20 PM
Funny Aurora still has an angel of fear as a champion :p

OpticSugar
10-20-2016, 10:23 PM
Funny Aurora still has an angel of fear as a champion :p

(yeah, I noticed that... LoL)

Aristo4
10-20-2016, 10:24 PM
He'll switch before the game day changes, I imagine :D

RCarter
10-20-2016, 10:29 PM
I kinda like a mix of Eddies and not-Eds myself. I like to take breaks from the monotony of autofarming UM and run up various toons to see how they work.

I figure if someone doesn't like my champion choice, they will drop me. It's not like it is particularly hard to keep a full roster of Troopers.

Reeb99
10-20-2016, 10:33 PM
If an Alliance General can't survive auto, there's not much that can lol. So yeah, the General stays.

Coletrain
10-20-2016, 11:56 PM
I like a good mix of Eddies and Allies, helps break up the monotony of farming. I don't have a red bat, warrior troll, corrupt commander, alliance general, warrior cotd, etc, so I appreciate the chance to use those characters. Plus some of those allies help with the rift as well.

Shifter
10-21-2016, 12:29 AM
I don't really agree with all Eddies, Pretty much all my troopers are 100 except a few 80 Eddies. I tend to split my troopers in two groups. Some get backseat status, some get used because I really like how they play. Some zones in Undreworld I can't autoplay with my guys.
But whatever my troopers decide to put up I will find a spot for them even it is just fighting the Wickerman.

Reeb99
10-21-2016, 02:09 AM
Plus there are a few non eddies that are really useful no matter what level they are. Assassin Golden Son comes to mind. I have one on my list that is only level 40, but I really do like using it. Much better than the level 80 Gunner CotD that doesn't have talismans equipped.

aur0ra85
10-21-2016, 02:51 AM
i like having certain allies as troopers for sure. The red bat is an auto farm machine for example. But I've got 50 troopers, and probably 30 of them have allies, most I cannot auto farm with anymore. I could in the future maybe with custom teams, but I'd like the number of miscellaneous allies reduced to ten or less. I'm not going to kick anyone unless it becomes a hassle over a long period of time. For simplicity sake it's much easier if people who read this come to realize their PDK with level 40 unmatched talismans is simply not going to work out anymore, and it would be nice if they'd change it to an Eddie.
My benchmark is game of death madness on auto. If your champion can do that on auto in a rag tags team consistently, feel free to leave him as your champion. If not, please reevaluate your champion and possibly change it.
Thanks much.

Arcturus
10-21-2016, 04:04 AM
Londo! I was wondering today where your General went. I think he was the best of the 3 I had.

Maybe the Trooper etiquette should be use an Eddie by default, unless you've got a 5* maxed toon. If you're not sure if it's a winner, bench him. But I like having a variety of troopers, because rare souls are difficult to come by and it's nice to be able to use some different characters. This is especially true for early/mid game players (not everyone is farming Underworld Madness).

Anyway, I recently changed my trooper to the Angel of Fear (was Soldier Eddie pre nerf). I'm probably going to keep him there for a while.
Arcturus-1987

Nicko
10-21-2016, 04:24 AM
Agree a mix of Eddie and non-Eddie is best.

So RCarter - please keep that Prisoner up! Not many of them out there

OpticSugar - time for Muffin to make a return! Special request!

Londo-7244
10-21-2016, 06:17 AM
Londo! I was wondering today where your General went. I think he was the best of the 3 I had.

Maybe the Trooper etiquette should be use an Eddie by default, unless you've got a 5* maxed toon. If you're not sure if it's a winner, bench him. But I like having a variety of troopers, because rare souls are difficult to come by and it's nice to be able to use some different characters. This is especially true for early/mid game players (not everyone is farming Underworld Madness).

Anyway, I recently changed my trooper to the Angel of Fear (was Soldier Eddie pre nerf). I'm probably going to keep him there for a while.
Arcturus-1987

Thanx brother! Yeah. I benched em for a hot second then seen that he started having C.S.A.D. (Champion Seperation Anxiety Disorder) and put em back in.

aur0ra85
10-21-2016, 07:20 AM

Arcturus-1987
Blue allied solder syndrome is the issue, as is "OMFG I got a 5* PDK and since he's my best ally with all the level 30 talismans I own, he should be my trooper" syndrome.
Just don't do it guys.
Don't be a nekro lol.

I could deal preupdate, not anymore lol.

OpticSugar
10-21-2016, 12:41 PM
Agree a mix of Eddie and non-Eddie is best.

So RCarter - please keep that Prisoner up! Not many of them out there

OpticSugar - time for Muffin to make a return! Special request!

Muffin says:
"Yeeaaaaay!"

Reeb99
10-21-2016, 12:55 PM
Thanx brother! Yeah. I benched em for a hot second then seen that he started having C.S.A.D. (Champion Seperation Anxiety Disorder) and put em back in.

I thought you dropped me for a bit because you're the only AG I have left that didn't go awol and get dropped. Good to see you changed your mind. Always nice to sub in a general for a general.

OpticSugar
10-21-2016, 01:01 PM
I thought you dropped me for a bit because you're the only AG I have left that didn't go awol and get dropped. Good to see you changed your mind. Always nice to sub in a general for a general.

agreed... sometimes my Allied General gets tired. He's gettin' old you know.

The Educated fool
10-21-2016, 05:01 PM
Ok I'll kill pss and put up an Eddie. Pharaoh Eddie up. He is still useful for surviving if needed.

Pharaoh Eddie is an excellent choice, man. Some of us would still really like one of those of their own... or any new Eddie, really... *sigh* lol :cool: