PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts: Almost 2 weeks in.

Vaseodin
07-17-2016, 12:13 AM
So far I've had mixed feelings, but the more I play the game the more I realize just how much strategy is involved in winning and the more I am starting to really like this game. When the game first released I thought the battle system was lazy, but now I see that talisman choice, ally choice, and your decisions on which character attacks first, which attack to perform at which moment - all play a key role in victory or defeat. The game is not so much action as it is STRATEGY. After the initial bump in the road with 2 star shards ( I finally got the ones I needed) which was very frustrating, I am advancing at a pace that is very satisfying. I can advance a few levels every day without getting overly frustrated and a few more with the help of troopers. Seems to me that more game modes (a VS mode is very much needed and I understand is in the works) will be key to keep interest. A lot of those with bad luck getting shards will probably quit out of frustration (some may have already), but there is light at the end of the tunnel!

What are your thoughts after the initial nostalgia has worn off?

SARGERAS
07-17-2016, 01:17 AM
Strategy is indeed big deal, and definetly is the why I planning migrate from another mobile games to here. The only serious issue know that I have is multiplayer compared with other games on the plataform (Yea there's no amazing multiplayer experience on mobile compared with others plataforms, but I play TWD:RTS and Hearthstone, good stuff). Maybe end game will become a thing soon, especially because the game is pretty fresh and it already became farm-ish. But I'm pretty pleased with the overall picture.

I wonder what is your Troop setup (Eddie, Supports and Talismans) lol

Nightowl
07-17-2016, 04:57 AM
So far, I'm loving the game...You're right that bad luck makes things frustrating...from not getting the shards I need, to not getting any luck with the rare souls, it makes it very frustrating....but, I am going to keep playing, and keep trying to get the drops I need....not gonna give up on this

LegoMech
07-21-2016, 09:53 PM
Yeah I am still struggling to find good 3* characters. I only figured out yesterday that the purple spots drop major loot - I unlocked two early but had basically ignored them since then. I felt like a dope since I had a 3* soul for a week and not enough money to crack it - 1 visit to a purple zone later and I was all set.

Jennie-5128
07-21-2016, 10:22 PM
I'm enjoying the sheer variety possible from different combinations of characters, and love the trooper mechanic so I get to play with other people's characters and see their talisman set-ups.

"Rare" souls being 3 stars most of the time is my major frustration at the moment; I just end up selling them since I have one of most things I like the look of. I'd make rare souls 4-5 & legendary 5 only if it were up to me

Trystangst
07-21-2016, 10:25 PM
I'm curious where the Legendary Souls come from. I see you get one as a reward for clearing Underworld on Madness, but once you can do that that extra 4* is probably a step down, since you likely have a team of 5* at that point.

I haven't gotten a single 4 or 5* from the rare souls, and a ton of dupes. Either RNG hates me or the pool is rather small.
On the other hand, I've gotten Speed of Light 3* Eddie (and maybe the Mummy? I forget) from the 2* souls, so there is that?

Jennie-5128
07-22-2016, 12:27 PM
Yeah I got a fair few 3* characters from regular dropped souls, which makes it extra galling when you eke every possible point out of your troopers for days on end and you get a ****in' 3* tin-helmet soldier.

*in a sulk because she wanted Cyborg Eddie*

Trystangst
07-22-2016, 01:00 PM
Yeah I got a fair few 3* characters from regular dropped souls, which makes it extra galling when you eke every possible point out of your troopers for days on end and you get a ****in' 3* tin-helmet soldier.

*in a sulk because she wanted Cyborg Eddie*

Where's the like button?

jpmusic
07-22-2016, 02:02 PM
Agree with everyone so far, it's a fun game and being a Maiden fan I really enjoy all the atmosphere. There are still some things that can be improved like all the bugs (especially the one with the reflect shield) and the rare soul stuff. Its frustrating that I've been getting redeeming souls like crazy, even the Trooper ones, and I've only managed to get 3* characters when I am already in serious need for a 4 or 5* one. Still, good game and I'm loving it so far.

Jennie-5128
07-22-2016, 02:30 PM
What's one of those then Trystangst?

*one of v few ppl without a faceache account*

Bob.A.Smith-6226
07-23-2016, 12:34 AM
I am so loving this game. I researched the company behind the game and read a few articles a month or two before it came out. The in game mechanics is among the best in the field. Warhammer 40,000K is one of the other games created by the makers.

mrSaxonAcres
07-24-2016, 02:39 PM
I absolutely love the game thus far. I think it deserves a mention that being a "licensed" game, this game is damn-near unprecedented! Not only does it capture the Maiden lore and 'legacy' incredibly well, its also fun, rather deep (for a mobile game) and best of all is NOT pay-to-play or pay-to-win. So glad that this game did not end up being a cynical money grab. I was preparing myself for the worst.

Excited to see how it evolves and changes from here!

Trystangst
07-26-2016, 03:23 AM
It's fun, but the two biggest issues I'm starting to experience are (in my experience):
1. 4/5* from 3* is horribly rare - like less than 3% chance. Haven't gotten one yet from ~30 pulls. And with the difficulty wall in Battlefield normal that is keeping you from the mats to make your own 4*, that's painful.
2. Selection - they boast something like 80 ally units - so why do I keep getting the same half dozen 3* units? I wouldn't be as upset about point 1 if I could get more 3* units (even though I would then have to evolve them).
But using 2 3* rare stones in a row and getting 2 red soulless demons from them (which is like my 6th or 7th of that particular unit) is nuts. Makes me want to stop using the Book. Certainly not going to spend.

Kaijester
07-26-2016, 03:29 AM
2. Selection - they boast something like 80 ally units - so why do I keep getting the same half dozen 3* units? I wouldn't be as upset about point 1 if I could get more 3* units (even though I would then have to evolve them).

Indeed! I am also facing the same annoying characters that I am getting. I saved 6 Rare Souls for a week and all I get is the same Pharaoh Dog King and Angel of Fear that I already have.

jpmusic
07-26-2016, 03:33 AM
Indeed! I am also facing the same annoying characters that I am getting. I saved 6 Rare Souls for a week and all I get is the same Pharaoh Dog King and Angel of Fear that I already have.

Hey at least you got those haha, I'm still stuck with regular 3* characters, and I've been playing for 3 weeks. I understand some characters should be hard to get, but this is just ridiculous. I get the same characters with regular and rare souls, no matter what I do. I've exchanged about 15, 20 rare souls so far and no luck.

Jennie-5128
07-26-2016, 08:09 AM
Yeah, 3* characters are pretty much useless to me now, especially when evolution is so difficult, so getting 3* dupes from a soul you have to grind for a week to get is EXTREMELY dispiriting

Sherrie
07-29-2016, 12:24 AM
Thoroughly enjoyed the first two fights. But have been having no luck getting into the third in the Ailing Kingdom for the past couple of weeks. Think I'm gonna have to re-download it and hope to get further.