PDA

View Full Version : farming the various worlds for various colors...

OpticSugar
10-21-2016, 09:31 PM
I found myself starting to farm different worlds (other than Underworld) specifically to obtain different colored runes (not necessarily evo runes). Particularly, I am farming Kingdom of the Sands [madness] because I've found myself in a shortage of blue runes to upgrade blue talismans. Since the update, I haven't really gotten any because I've just been farming Underworld (I figured it was the best chances to get rainbo evo shards & runes), but Underworld only gives out purple and yellow runes. I fear that it's a waste of my time though, because I suspect that I won't be getting as many rainbow evo shards/runes... and that's really what I want to farm the most.

Anyone else doing this yet? Any thoughts or alternate suggestions?

The Educated fool
10-21-2016, 09:39 PM
I have encountered this same issue myself... I would say that unless you're looking for specific talismans, it would probably be best to stick with Underworld, for the rainbows. At least, that's what I'm doing.

OpticSugar
10-21-2016, 10:00 PM
I have encountered this same issue myself... I would say that unless you're looking for specific talismans, it would probably be best to stick with Underworld, for the rainbows. At least, that's what I'm doing.

Well it's not the talismans that I'm after... its the different colored runes (not the evo runes). Sticking with Underworld will only give you yellow and purple runes, and they're needed to upgrade the talismans' levels (not stars). Granted, I can use differently colored runes... but the way I understand it, if I use purple runes to upgrade a blue talisman - it costs more gold and doesn't upgrade it as much so it requires more runes.

slauki
10-21-2016, 10:02 PM
i'm very short at 2* red runes and i try to farm battlefield madness...but it's very hard to get them. it's a shame to farm anything but underworld madness dropratewise, but what to do?

results so far:

OpticSugar
10-21-2016, 10:35 PM
yeah, I appreciate the devs' efforts to make the drops more predictable (by putting two different colors available at each world)... but I get the sense that it wasn't really that well thought out. The problem I find with this is that the worlds get progressively harder (ie: KoS is harder than AK, and B is harder than KoS)... and so it seems that the hardest level in KoS (which is Powerslave) isn't as hard as the hardest level in Underworld (which is Number of the Beast or Game of Death) and on that token, wouldn't drop as much good stuff (and by good stuff, I mean 3* evo runes/shards).

At end game, we're going to want to farm the hardest level we can (Game of Death)... and that will get us the best droprate of 3* evo runes/shards... but it will not get us red/green/blue runes. I see this as a bit of a problem.

What I would like to see is, when you're at end game... all the worlds become balanced in terms of difficulty so that Powerslave madness in KoS is just as difficult as Game of Death madness in U. That way they both give you the same chances of dropping 3* evo runes/shards, and your choice of which world to farm is based on what color runes/shards you need. This will also reduce the monotony of always farming the same damn level in Underworld over and over and over again. You will then have four different worlds that (at each worlds respective level) have the same difficulty levels and give you the same drop chances, and the only differences are what colors they give you. It would be a bit like the Time Rift dungeons... only with the Cosmos worlds and you don't need to wait for the right day to get the color you want.

Now this would require that the difficulty of each world to increase as you level up in the game (so that Ailing Kingdom is beatable for someone just starting the game, but then is still relevant and as challenging as all the higher levels when you're at end game). This could either be done as you gain XP... or it could happen when you unlock each of the secret levels (so that once you have eventually unlocked all of the secret levels... then all of the worlds will have an equal gradient of difficulty going from the first level to the last level of each world).

I feel that in the back of my head, I've always wanted this. I think of it every day when I defeat the secret levels... I'm always like "why isn't the secret level in Ailing Kingdom madness just as hard as the one in Underworld Madness". Ailing Kingdom is boring for the end game player because it's so easy and we only do it for the gold and drop bonus, but it's fun to spend some time in Ailing Kingdom (and all of the other worlds) because the art is cool, and they all have different enemies. The variation is great. This would give us reason to spend an equal amount of time in all of the worlds.

Sorry for the novel... but what do you guys think of all this?

Eagleknight
10-21-2016, 10:48 PM
Not sure if I like the difficulty scaling as I relie on those easy quick matches for getting through my 50 troopers every day. I use those levels espessially after the update because I can do them fast. Time is the issues. As for the more difficult for he lvl in madness on underworld it doesn't really seem to matter the drop rates seem to be the same. I always thought that game of death was supposed to have one of the best drop rates but listening to other that doesn't seem to be the case.

I kinda like your idea but I think when they get around to new content of the drops will be moved around. This is what they have done every time so far.

OpticSugar
10-21-2016, 10:52 PM
Not sure if I like the difficulty scaling as I relie on those easy quick matches for getting through my 50 troopers every day. I use those levels espessially after the update because I can do them fast. Time is the issues.

You could always play lower levels, or play on normal difficulty in each world for faster/easier matches.

Eagleknight
10-21-2016, 11:02 PM
I like madness because of the possible drops of rainbow evolutions. I want my cake and I want to eat it to. At this point I don't want them to make any drastic play changes like greying out lvls and making them more difficult. If that was attempted i predict massive playing bugs.

OpticSugar
10-21-2016, 11:06 PM
I like madness because of the possible drops of rainbow evolutions. I want my cake and I want to eat it to. At this point I don't want them to make any drastic play changes like greying out lvls and making them more difficult. If that was attempted i predict massive playing bugs.

what are you the clairvoyant now? ;)

slauki
10-21-2016, 11:06 PM
yeah, I appreciate the devs' efforts to make the drops more predictable (by putting two different colors available at each world)... but I get the sense that it wasn't really that well thought out. The problem I find with this is that the worlds get progressively harder (ie: KoS is harder than AK, and B is harder than KoS)... and so it seems that the hardest level in KoS (which is Powerslave) isn't as hard as the hardest level in Underworld (which is Number of the Beast or Game of Death) and on that token, wouldn't drop as much good stuff (and by good stuff, I mean 3* evo runes/shards).

At end game, we're going to want to farm the hardest level we can (Game of Death)... and that will get us the best droprate of 3* evo runes/shards... but it will not get us red/green/blue runes. I see this as a bit of a problem.

What I would like to see is, when you're at end game... all the worlds become balanced in terms of difficulty so that Powerslave madness in KoS is just as difficult as Game of Death madness in U. That way they both give you the same chances of dropping 3* evo runes/shards, and your choice of which world to farm is based on what color runes/shards you need. This will also reduce the monotony of always farming the same damn level in Underworld over and over and over again. You will then have four different worlds that (at each worlds respective level) have the same difficulty levels and give you the same drop chances, and the only differences are what colors they give you. It would be a bit like the Time Rift dungeons... only with the Cosmos worlds and you don't need to wait for the right day to get the color you want.

Now this would require that the difficulty of each world to increase as you level up in the game (so that Ailing Kingdom is beatable for someone just starting the game, but then is still relevant and as challenging as all the higher levels when you're at end game). This could either be done as you gain XP... or it could happen when you unlock each of the secret levels (so that once you have eventually unlocked all of the secret levels... then all of the worlds will have an equal gradient of difficulty going from the first level to the last level of each world).

I feel that in the back of my head, I've always wanted this. I think of it every day when I defeat the secret levels... I'm always like "why isn't the secret level in Ailing Kingdom madness just as hard as the one in Underworld Madness". Ailing Kingdom is boring for the end game player because it's so easy and we only do it for the gold and drop bonus, but it's fun to spend some time in Ailing Kingdom (and all of the other worlds) because the art is cool, and they all have different enemies. The variation is great. This would give us reason to spend an equal amount of time in all of the worlds.

in theory this is a great i idea, but i'm afraid that this would be too complicated to create. won't imagine which bugs they would install :-)
but i think you have a good point with the unbalanced drops in the different worlds. it seems that the last level got a much better dropchance, but i need more time for testing this. that's why it will be difficult to evolve some talismans due to lack of other lower * material. but this is a huge improvement so far, i'm positive that there will be some ways to go on.

OpticSugar
10-21-2016, 11:13 PM
in theory this is a great i idea, but i'm afraid that this would be too complicated to create. won't imagine which bugs they would install :-)
but i think you have a good point with the unbalanced drops in the different worlds. it seems that the last level got a much better dropchance, but i need more time for testing this. that's why it will be difficult to evolve some talismans due to lack of other lower * material. but this is a huge improvement so far, i'm positive that there will be some ways to go on.

It would be some work on the devs end for sure... They would have to create a sliding scale of difficulty that could be applied to all characters/worlds and would probably require a tremendous amount of testing. It may be a pipe dream...

...but I can dream, can't I?

slauki
10-21-2016, 11:20 PM
It would be some work on the devs end for sure... They would have to create a sliding scale of difficulty that could be applied to all characters/worlds and would probably require a tremendous amount of testing. It may be a pipe dream...

...but I can dream, can't I?

sure, why not... dreams become reality sometimes :-)

Nicko
10-21-2016, 11:42 PM
Is it definitely easier to get 3* Rainbow runes in Underworld Madness than the other levels in Madness?

Sparton posted this in another thread

"We changed where evo shards and evo runes drop in the campaign so each world focuses on just two colours. That does mean you'll need to go back to Ailing Kingdom or Kingdom of the Sands, but the odds of getting 3 star evo runes there are as high (if not higher) than getting 3 star evo runes in Underworld Madness, which is higher than the odds of getting 3 star evo runes in general before the tuning update, even though it only costs 4 energy per battle in those earlier."

Is he talking just colored evo runes? Or Rainbow as well?

slauki
10-22-2016, 12:38 AM
Is it definitely easier to get 3* Rainbow runes in Underworld Madness than the other levels in Madness?

Sparton posted this in another thread

"We changed where evo shards and evo runes drop in the campaign so each world focuses on just two colours. That does mean you'll need to go back to Ailing Kingdom or Kingdom of the Sands, but the odds of getting 3 star evo runes there are as high (if not higher) than getting 3 star evo runes in Underworld Madness, which is higher than the odds of getting 3 star evo runes in general before the tuning update, even though it only costs 4 energy per battle in those earlier."

Is he talking just colored evo runes? Or Rainbow as well?

so far.

droprate 3* evo runes game of death underworls madness 27% in 211 rounds
droprate 3* evo runes point of no return madness 24% in 76 rounds

not that big of a diference so far, but numers are too small

3* evoshards has a droprate of 12% in both levels so far...

OpticSugar
10-22-2016, 12:48 AM
so far.

droprate 3* evo runes game of death underworls madness 27% in 211 rounds
droprate 3* evo runes point of no return madness 24% in 76 rounds

not that big of a diference so far, but numers are too small

3* evoshards has a droprate of 12% in both levels so far...

Very helpful research slauki, as always. Thanks!

Just to clarify, are you counting 3* rainbow evo runes?

The thing is, I'm looking for blue runes... and those are only supposed to drop on Ailing Kingdom and Kingdom of the Sands. So I would also be curious about the 3* rainbow evo runes on those worlds as well (if I'm farming them for blue runes, I'd like to get the same drop chances of the 3* evo runes while I'm at it). If it is proven that all the worlds' top levels have the same drop chances of 3* rainbow evo runes/shards... then why am I busting my ass in Underworld? Just to be a rockstar?

Reeb99
10-22-2016, 03:37 AM
The only thing I'm having problems finding now are the basic talismans from ailing kingdom and kingdom of Sands. I'm getting mass quantities of evo runes of all colors, so many that I'm having to sell them off. I'm actually getting more 3 packs of regular souls than I am talisman drops. 3* color evo shards are the only thing I'm missing.

slauki
10-22-2016, 09:08 AM
Very helpful research slauki, as always. Thanks!

Just to clarify, are you counting 3* rainbow evo runes?

The thing is, I'm looking for blue runes... and those are only supposed to drop on Ailing Kingdom and Kingdom of the Sands. So I would also be curious about the 3* rainbow evo runes on those worlds as well (if I'm farming them for blue runes, I'd like to get the same drop chances of the 3* evo runes while I'm at it). If it is proven that all the worlds' top levels have the same drop chances of 3* rainbow evo runes/shards... then why am I busting my ass in Underworld? Just to be a rockstar?

yeah that were the numbers of the rainbow runes

so far it looks, that the chances of the other runes are similar too. got even better numbers in battlefield madness, than in underworld madness. but these level are somewhat similar in aspects of difficulty. will also play some rounds of powerslave to compare the stats. that will be really interesting

so far

game of death:

point of no return

Nicko
10-22-2016, 01:50 PM
Thanks so much for tracking this Slauki. And it supports what Sparton said

Are these percentages based on number of drops or number of items dropped?

For example, if four Rainbow evo runes drop, is that considered "1" in your calculation (because it's a rainbow rune drop) or "4" (because four of them dropped)?

Ex percentage chance of getting ANY rainbow runes, or actual number of runes?

The reason I ask is in Underworld I've seen drops of up to four evo runes at one time. Seems to be less common in Battlefield, though I have spent most of my SoT in Underworld

So if the percentage is the chance of ANY QUANTITY of rainbow runes falling, I think I'd continue to farm Underworld as I've seen more two and four drops of 3* rainbow runes there

If the percentage is TOTAL NUMBER of rainbow runes, would be easier to just farm Battlefield

Hope I'm making sense and thanks again for the statistics! Very helpful!

Witkacy
10-22-2016, 03:24 PM

Optic :)

Very bad idea I have to say... I dunno how 'bout you but I still keep on my list few persons who don't have maxed/levelled chars - why's that? Honestly not care if they still can't pass certain points in game to gain access to better supplies, they don't wish to upgrade/level or simply being too lazy and not care as well... But as long as those people being honest and giving me the points more or less, but regularly, I won't dump 'em...

And that's why I find such places like ''Goddess Of Destruction'' in KOTS (madness) or ''Blessed Garden'' (madness) in Ailing Kingdom as being IDEAL for such purposes like giving nice and easy points to my friends who don't have as much powerful characters like I do have, yet still supporting me, or if I wish to TEST some of new characters I own - not quite levelled/skilled etc - to see how they acting what they can do without fear of losing... Something like personal training ground... Cost low to try but gives fairly good goods...

Yet I understand that at certain point game has no more to offer the veteran - and he just copes with boring and routine farming every day... But still I like it as it is now... What's wrong with you people? :) You got obssessed about difficulty I guess... Game challenging no more, not feeling thrills on the back or blood pulsing faster in veins, need more adrenaline? Think the secret level in KOTS madness is waaay too easy? So I have something to check you out... Only you (I mean Eddie as you can't play without him), yet with no support of your allies on the side and you are passing all level singlehandedly... Sounds enough challenging? Dare to try? Just you and your enemies... So pick up your Eddie and try to shoot them, Optic... Just try... :)

slauki
10-22-2016, 03:53 PM
Thanks so much for tracking this Slauki. And it supports what Sparton said

Are these percentages based on number of drops or number of items dropped?

For example, if four Rainbow evo runes drop, is that considered "1" in your calculation (because it's a rainbow rune drop) or "4" (because four of them dropped)?

Ex percentage chance of getting ANY rainbow runes, or actual number of runes?

The reason I ask is in Underworld I've seen drops of up to four evo runes at one time. Seems to be less common in Battlefield, though I have spent most of my SoT in Underworld

So if the percentage is the chance of ANY QUANTITY of rainbow runes falling, I think I'd continue to farm Underworld as I've seen more two and four drops of 3* rainbow runes there

If the percentage is TOTAL NUMBER of rainbow runes, would be easier to just farm Battlefield

Hope I'm making sense and thanks again for the statistics! Very helpful!

you can check my thread for all the numbers and the calculations: http://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?1686-Experiment-Estimation-of-the-real-droprates-for-3*-Runes-and-dungeon-loot

if had played 100 rounds and 20 rainbow runes dropped that meand 20/100 = 20% dropchance. i count every single rune and compare it with all the rounds that i played.

OpticSugar
10-22-2016, 08:53 PM
Witkacy :o

I'm not sure if you understood me fully. With this idea, you can always still play on normal, hard or madness difficulty on all the worlds, so you can have your easy matches. The thing I'm trying to address is that -right now if you need to farm blue stuff... you have to do it in AK or KotS... and the drops in both of those worlds aren't so great because they are of a lower difficulty.

In fact, if you look at the drop info, you won't even find standard blue runes (not to be confused with blue evo runes which are different). I am stuck right now because I have a shit-ton of 3* rainbow evo runes... but not enough regular runes or gold to level up any more talismans (just ran out of gold because I've been using other colored runes to level up blue talismans and that gets expensive). I have a whole bunch of blue talismans that I really want to level up and I'm stuck with no place to farm blue runes or gold. I have more than enough evo runes. I'm not sure what to do next.

It just sucks right now to farm the hardest level on kingdom of the sands because the difficulty is so easy and the drops are pretty poor, but we are forced to farm there (or AK) if we want blue stuff. My idea is primarily made to address this issue. If you are looking for a place to fight that is easy, I don't see why you couldn't fight in normal difficulty with this idea. I just would like it to be worthwhile to fight in all of the different worlds for variety sake while still having a challenge and the chance of getting equally good drops.

Ddrak
10-22-2016, 09:04 PM
+1

The problem is mostly with 3* BLUE runes (drop only in the first 2 worlds).
Endgame players play only in BF (where red and green drop) and UW (where yellow and purple drop) so they can get 3* rainbow runes/shards.

blade685
10-25-2016, 08:02 PM
i'm playing Crucible of pain in 2nd act on madness since 4 hours and 0 evo shard blue or green 2* or 3* only evo shard white 2* or shit, i'm totally bored........ better loot since update???
And 0 rare soul since this 'super' update :mad:= no troll, no golden son , no general, no wdk etc...
I'm playing since 2 month and impossible to mount only one 5* caractere and totally stuck to do same things pff
0% drop chance? wtf