PDA

View Full Version : an idea for talisman proc chances (like freeze & stun)

OpticSugar
10-22-2016, 12:02 AM
Had another idea (I'm on a roll).

So, talismans like freeze, stun, blind, etc... they only apply to the enemy based on what type of attack the character deals (AoE vs Single target). So a Corrupt General with freeze talismans will freeze all enemies, whereas a Speed of Light Eddie will freeze just one enemy. This makes these talisman much much less useful on single target characters... which feels imbalanced to me. On top of all of that, many of these talismans (like freeze) just had their proc percentages lowered drastically (like from 30% to 12%... I don't know the exact numbers).

I had an idea that what if the percentage were raised (maybe to something like 40%), but then that number is then divided by the number of (initial) targets and applied to each target individually. So a character that does single target damage will have a 40% chance to freeze, but that applies to only one enemy... whereas a character that does AoE damage up against four enemies will have a 10% chance to freeze each enemy individually (so they could freeze some enemies but not necessarily all of them).

This may make these talismans relevant to single target characters, while making the occurrence of freezes from AoE characters more frequent (you have four chances of 10% - one for each enemy, as opposed to one chance of 12% to hit all enemies). These actual numbers are just slugged in to explain the idea, and they could be thought out a bit more.

This just popped into my head as an alternate way that talismans like this could work, and I wanted to know what everyone thought. I'm not quite convinced that I like it myself yet. I do however wish that freezing talismans were more useful on single target characters.

Reeb99
10-22-2016, 03:45 AM
It definitely needs to be an independent roll for each target and work with all skills. Say like proc chances on skills, they are an individual roll for each target, not one roll for all. If that happens, they could easily bring back up the proc chances without certain sets being massively overpowered.