PDA

View Full Version : Kaijester's Trivial Do-You-Know List?

Kaijester
07-19-2016, 01:45 AM
1) Talisman stats attribute effects are only based on your character stats, not total stats

For example on HP,

Eddie has 4403 HP

Add 2x(lvl1) Health Talisman, each giving additional 100 HP
Eddie now has 4403+200 from the Talisman stats

Set Effect +15% HP
4403 x 15%=660

Eddie has a total of 4403+660+200 HP.

2) Talisman with same set effect can be stacked

Say if above Eddie is Sentinel Type who can put more Health Talismans:

Eddie has 4403 HP

Add 4x(lvl1) Health Talisman, each giving additional 100 HP
Eddie now has 4403+400 from the Talisman stats

2 Set Effects of +15% HP
4403 x 15%=660

Eddie has a total of 4403+660+660+400 HP.

3) Passive Skill Effect does not stack
Tried two Pharaoh Dog Kings as ally, with their passive effect: regen & remove a negative effect. Only one regen & one cleanse will happen.

4) Aggressive passive effect from Talisman does not work for all enemies even when you put on a hit all primary attacker
From countless battles with my Paralysis Talisman on my Green Soulless Demon that hit all enemy, the Stun effect will only land on the targeted enemy. So make it a point to choose your target even when you are going to hit all enemies. (I will always choose the enemy that have a heal skill.)

5) There is a typo in Carriage Rider Eddie's Ghost ability which permanently is spelled wrongly as permenantly.

6) Pressing down and hold any character in [My Team] will cause a animation of the character dying and lying flat.

jpmusic
07-19-2016, 01:55 AM
Thanks for the info, mate! Great tips

Vaseodin
07-20-2016, 07:36 AM
1) Talisman stats attribute effects are only based on your character stats, not total stats

For example on HP,

Eddie has 4403 HP

Add 2x(lvl1) Health Talisman, each giving additional 100 HP
Eddie now has 4403+200 from the Talisman stats

Set Effect +15% HP
4403 x 15%=660

Eddie has a total of 4403+660+200 HP.

2) Talisman with same set effect can be stacked

Say if above Eddie is Sentinel Type who can put more Health Talismans:

Eddie has 4403 HP

Add 4x(lvl1) Health Talisman, each giving additional 100 HP
Eddie now has 4403+400 from the Talisman stats

2 Set Effects of +15% HP
4403 x 15%=660

Eddie has a total of 4403+660+660+400 HP.

3) Passive Skill Effect does not stack
Tried two Pharaoh Dog Kings as ally, with their passive effect: regen & remove a negative effect. Only one regen & one cleanse will happen.

4) Aggressive passive effect from Talisman does not work for all enemies even when you put on a hit all primary attacker
From countless battles with my Paralysis Talisman on my Green Soulless Demon that hit all enemy, the Stun effect will only land on the targeted enemy. So make it a point to choose your target even when you are going to hit all enemies. (I will always choose the enemy that have a heal skill.)

All seem correct except for #4. I can assure you that the stun doesn't necessarily affect the targeted foe. For an AOE attack, it does seem only 1 foe gets the "Stun" effect, but it is random. The targeted enemy getting stunned for you every time is just coincidence. The enemy that gets stunned is purely random, it seems. Good tips all around, though.

Kaijester
07-20-2016, 09:27 AM
All seem correct except for #4. I can assure you that the stun doesn't necessarily affect the targeted foe. For an AOE attack, it does seem only 1 foe gets the "Stun" effect, but it is random. The targeted enemy getting stunned for you every time is just coincidence. The enemy that gets stunned is purely random, it seems. Good tips all around, though.

I'm talking about Talisman added effect, not effect from character's ability. Anyway 3rd day of farming with Green Soulless Demon who hits all, equipped with Paralysis talisman, and stun only sticks to my target...I'm still not convinced until it lands on others~*

Vaseodin
07-20-2016, 01:25 PM
Hmm... Maybe you're right and it works differently for talisman-added abilities.

Kulimar
07-20-2016, 05:36 PM
Something else to add:

If you hold down on any character in battle, you can see additional details sometimes. For instance, if you put on a defense break and then hold down on the character, you will see what the defense break percentage actually is.

SARGERAS
07-20-2016, 07:03 PM
I've read you talking about the thread's subject in another one, but it's nice to have information especified.

Gotta say that the % being based only on base stats is HUGE stuff. For example, my Soldier Eddie is 18/80 and has 194 atk and 204 def, so using Guardian Talismans instead Strength is better, not because Guardian grants 20% and Strength 15%, but because the base def is higher than his atk. And so on and so forth. But with small differences like that the final stat line of the character (80/80 - 100/100) is important to calculate the best Talisman though.

I was thinking about Arcane Blue Talismans in a Paladin build for my 4* Wicker Man Eddie but no doubt Holy are way more powerful.

So I was wondering if you have more information about def/mr penetration Talismans Keijester? Dropped my first mr today =P

Kaijester
07-21-2016, 12:52 AM
So I was wondering if you have more information about def/mr penetration Talismans Kaijester? Dropped my first mr today =P

Are you referring to the below Talisman?

Penetrating Talisman (Magic Penetration)- 35% Chance to ignore MR on Perfect Attacks
This grant higher magical damage occasionally on foes of higher level, in that sense is better than Magic +20% of MR.

Piercing Talisman (Armor Piercing) - 35% Chance to gain Ignore DEF on Perfect Attacks
Same as Penetration but for high DEF foes instead.

I did not do a detailed test by comparing with magic stats+ Talisman but I observed that when the penetration effect kicks in, it does higher damage than magic stats+ Talisman.

Above comparison was done on (Magus) Allied Solider with:

2 sets of Penetrating Talisman (Arcane), both upgraded to level 40

VS

2 sets of Paladin Talisman (Arcane), all upgraded to level 40

SARGERAS
07-21-2016, 02:08 AM
Are you referring to the below Talisman?

Penetrating Talisman (Magic Penetration)- 35% Chance to ignore MR on Perfect Attacks
This grant higher magical damage occasionally on foes of higher level, in that sense is better than Magic +20% of MR.

I did not do a detailed test by comparing with magic stats+ Talisman but I observed that when the penetration effect kicks in, it does higher damage than magic stats+ Talisman.

Above comparison was done on (Magus) Allied Solider with:

2 sets of Penetrating Talisman (Arcane), both upgraded to level 40

VS

2 sets of Paladin Talisman (Arcane), all upgraded to level 40

Yes, thank you.

The proc rate of the Penetrating buff occurred well using couple sets? And what do you utilize (Talisman wise) in your main team?

Have you tried using Holy (Arcane) set to compare the output with Paladin (Arcane)? And what are the stats of your Allied Soldier (Magic/MR)

Kaijester
07-21-2016, 03:32 AM
With the stated 35%, I think the proc rate is decent as I uses it with hit all enemies attacks.

Same as your observation with Strength Talisman, Guardian & Paladin Talisman provides better stats. Currently 5 star, Allied Soldier LV92 MAGIC 816+1231 / MR 444+551

SARGERAS
07-28-2016, 06:55 AM
With the stated 35%, I think the proc rate is decent as I uses it with hit all enemies attacks.

Same as your observation with Strength Talisman, Guardian & Paladin Talisman provides better stats. Currently 5 star, Allied Soldier LV92 MAGIC 816+1231 / MR 444+551

Yes, but that depends on the base stats of the character. Wicker Man Eddie for example has an absurd base Magic compared with his MR, resulting in Holy Talismans being more effective than Paladin ones. Btw, if you use Shock Talismans with Wicker Man Eddie his Basic Attacks end up dealing true damage, since the Shock is applied and instantly consumed.

My only actual concern is that maximized Talismans aren't consistent, since Warrior Fierce Talismans and Sentinel Overwhelming have above average stats, meaning that certain builds aren't viable, limiting possibilities (for example I was trying to build a Sentinel Souless Demon with full Sentinel Mystical Talismans since his dmg output isn't based on Magic/Attack [interesting enough his damage isn't affected by +atk/Magic buffs as Soldier Eddie's], but I'm not doing it now if I'm not getting high MR as def).

So basically Warrior characters, the ones that need the most MR, have Safeguard Talismans marginalized, and physical Sentinels are the way to go (Overwhelming Talismans are the best stat wise imo).

Kaijester
07-28-2016, 07:40 AM
Yup. In the end, it depend on which character and their stats to find the better Talisman.

Hence I built a Sentinel Soulless Demon with (overwhelming mostly) Paralysis & Health Talisman and it's my best tank now.

His Taunt and Stun keeps enemies from using ability~*