PDA

View Full Version : Damage Contributors

Esquatcho
10-24-2016, 02:21 AM
When a skill says 'damage based on', is that only what its based on? Or the damage type comes into consideration too?

Just wondering, as post update, I tried changing my magus allied soldier to all green talismans (as it now says damage scales based on max HP), but he didnt hit any harder. It would seem like, because its 'magic damage', it scales with magic damage as well as max HP...

Is this how you all understand it too?

Thanks!

Reeb99
10-24-2016, 02:29 AM
I think that skill description was changed in error and it was meant for the green allied soldier. I messed around with talisman combinations yesterday on my B/AS, and it definitely seemed like magic was the one that really mattered. Meanwhile the green one does squat for damage with 1 green, 1.5 blue sets. Maybe I should see if going almost all health increases the green one's damage.

Reeb99
10-24-2016, 02:58 AM
Update, tested the green AS. He definitely does more damage with his default skill with magic increase, but it still isn't good. So I don't know what the deal is with that skill description on the blue AS. It just seems flat wrong.

Esquatcho
10-24-2016, 07:56 AM
/wanders over to the bug thread....

Arcturus
10-26-2016, 07:52 PM
One of the Devs did mention that a magic attack that says "scales based on HP" does in fact scale on both.

As to whether the blue soldier description is right or wrong I have no idea.