PDA

View Full Version : Power Up Runes???

GreyMouser
10-25-2016, 05:13 PM
Hello All,

Is it just me or did the power up runes to fuel talisman dry up in the update? Anyone have a good farming location? I get good ones from daily secret location farming, but that's literally about it.

MuadDib-7367
10-25-2016, 05:45 PM
Don't know if they dried up or the drop rate was tuned, but I suspect since 3* runes are now farmable, people are leveling up talisman from 4* to 5* and fully leveling a 5 takes a lot of runes. This is also my current gating issue in regards to talisman. I can currently evolve six talisman to 4* to 5*, but don't have runes to level them up properly.

GreyMouser
10-25-2016, 05:58 PM
Don't know if they dried up or the drop rate was tuned, but I suspect since 3* runes are now farmable, people are leveling up talisman from 4* to 5* and fully leveling a 5 takes a lot of runes. This is also my current gating issue in regards to talisman. I can currently evolve six talisman to 4* to 5*, but don't have runes to level them up properly.

Exactly! So many talisman sitting half full.

yojo
10-25-2016, 07:27 PM
I am in the same situation, anyone have a good place to farm runes?

Manysounds
10-28-2016, 05:08 PM
One star Evo runes are the rarest now, it seems, though I did get one drop of six of them. That was the only drop of them I've seen all week. Do they expect us to farm the first level of the game to get them?

Nicko
10-31-2016, 05:30 AM
Seem to get red, green and blue (particularly red) in decent amounts, but yellow and purple are almost non-existent

Rewards are overwhelmingly evo runes, to the point I have stacks and stacks of them sitting there. And while red power-up runes seem to be the most common, the red 1* and 2* evo runes seem to be the least common evo runes. Strange...

Have been spending red runes to level my assassin and gunner talismans

GreyMouser
11-02-2016, 12:51 PM
The red 1* & 2* are rare drops these days. You can find purple/orange power ups in Underworld Madness. It's Grindsville though. I hate that powering up talismans has become this difficult.

osiris0000
11-02-2016, 03:35 PM
I guess hardest ones to evolve is Reds.. I spend more than 2 months to have a full 5* Red talisman sets for my warrior team, glad i did. But for FOTD Eddie defence i will need 4 Iron Talismans which are red.. Well, i gave up with reds for now because i will need them when i am going to build my sentinel team. Now i am just farming for powering the blue sets for my magus team.

Underworld Madness - Game of Death. I got the most consistent rune drops there in almost all colors. And of course, along with 3* rainbow evo runes. To max a 6 set of talismans, i need F'n 54 3* rainbow evo runes. It's quite challenging.

Esquatcho
11-03-2016, 12:04 AM
Well the good news is that Sparton just said its on his todo list!

Esquatcho
11-03-2016, 12:04 AM
The red 1* & 2* are rare drops these days. You can find purple/orange power ups in Underworld Madness. It's Grindsville though. I hate that powering up talismans has become this difficult.

Well arguably it was always hard. Just now it seems that the 3* rainbow evos arent the bottleneck, the lower level runes are!

Sussexsaint
11-25-2016, 09:07 PM
Grinding for hours and not one rune of any colour. Only in the secret areas, desperate to level my talismans. Any location that gives ? Tried a ton of madness underworld but no joy :/

FlyingV
11-25-2016, 09:46 PM
Grinding for hours and not one rune of any colour. Only in the secret areas, desperate to level my talismans. Any location that gives ? Tried a ton of madness underworld but no joy :/

No. This is a bottleneck that I presume was intended or a bug that was ignored to get Brave New World online, which speculatively is to runes as LoL is to shards. If BNW does not deliver (and appear soon)mthis will have to be fixed ASAP. Devs already tuned the evo runes because they were not dropping, which would be good... great even of runes dropped at the same frequency, so clearly the priority exists and a priority it should be.

osiris0000
11-25-2016, 09:46 PM

Try Underworld - Game of Death madness. It is the highest level you can autofarm. It drops every kind of colors, but you need to be patient. You have to grind a lot. Leveling up talismans is a very slow progress nowadays, due to less xp rune drops.

slauki
11-25-2016, 09:54 PM
Try Underworld - Game of Death madness. It is the highest level you can autofarm. It drops every kind of colors, but you need to be patient. You have to grind a lot. Leveling up talismans is a very slow progress nowadays, due to less xp rune drops.

yep agree. the best level to farm them atm.

R1ck
11-25-2016, 10:32 PM
Rune drop rates have to be improved because they are very rare.
Most people have a lot of toons and can not play with them because it is too difficult to maxed the right talisman.

Sussexsaint
11-25-2016, 11:38 PM
Thanks for the replies. This place is great and has definitely,improved my enjoyment of the game :)

mikmar
11-26-2016, 12:04 AM
Yes, the drop rate of power up runes for talismans after the last update is too low.

Esquatcho
11-26-2016, 04:57 AM
Imo it would be great to get more upgrade runes, but its not necessary. Id rather they fix discrepancies in drop rates across the different colours.

Just because you want to upgrade all your dropped talismans to 5* 50 immediately doesnt mean it would be fund if you could! I think you just need to accept that 5* 50 takes a long time to get. But getting talismans to 4*40 and even 5*30 doesnt actually take that long. I've managed to do 8 talismans to 5*30 in a few weeks. But to get them from 30-50 5*, takes much, much longer. And to be honest, I dont mind that. The difference in overall effect from 30-50 5* is not huge. Its just a status symbol.

FlyingV
11-26-2016, 05:17 AM
Imo it would be great to get more upgrade runes, but its not necessary. Id rather they fix discrepancies in drop rates across the different colours.

Just because you want to upgrade all your dropped talismans to 5* 50 immediately doesnt mean it would be fund if you could! I think you just need to accept that 5* 50 takes a long time to get. But getting talismans to 4*40 and even 5*30 doesnt actually take that long. I've managed to do 8 talismans to 5*30 in a few weeks. But to get them from 30-50 5*, takes much, much longer. And to be honest, I dont mind that. The difference in overall effect from 30-50 5* is not huge. Its just a status symbol.

I am going to completely disagree with you on this one.

While I too would like the proper colored items to drop from the places they promised, this is of little importance at present. Unless Powerslave, SotWM, MoLaD ALL pay the same in gold and rewards (And they do NOT) we are actually better off getting the best payouts in random colors from GoD or MoLaD dungeons than the crappy ones in AK and KoS, were we farming to the proper colors.

More importantly, THERE IS NO TAKING THE RUNE SITUATION LIGHTLY. While this does affect the acceleration of L50 talismans as your point alludes, it takes the whole talisman situation hostage as you cannot level ANY talismans if you don't get any damned runes. Even the devs recognize this argument. Enough people bitched about colored evo runes dropping, which prevented talisman evolution (2* AND 5* alike) and they acted realizing top tier bottlenecks make sense (i.e., 3* rainbow runes) but low-mid tiers do not (i.e., 1* or 2* red evo runes, or in this case, ANY * regular runes)

This is made all the more important as character development is perfect- you either have a 5* L100 Bomber Boy or you don't. You do not need to re-level or modify it (other than perhaps skill shards- or not) once you bring it to L100.

Talisman development on the other hand is a mess. One might have leveled a fierce set because that was all that could be had for weeks, then the safeguard set turns up, or the Iron set is broken with the last patch, or the new strategy requires the removal of the freeze set and the replacement with energy. Talismans are dynamic and imperfect, requiring more room to work, advance and experiment, unlike static character leveling, which is "one-and-done."

Esquatcho
11-26-2016, 07:46 AM
I am going to completely disagree with you on this one.

While I too would like the proper colored items to drop from the places they promised, this is of little importance at present. Unless Powerslave, SotWM, MoLaD ALL pay the same in gold and rewards (And they do NOT) we are actually better off getting the best payouts in random colors from GoD or MoLaD dungeons than the crappy ones in AK and KoS, were we farming to the proper colors.

More importantly, THERE IS NO TAKING THE RUNE SITUATION LIGHTLY. While this does affect the acceleration of L50 talismans as your point alludes, it takes the whole talisman situation hostage as you cannot level ANY talismans if you don't get any damned runes. Even the devs recognize this argument. Enough people bitched about colored evo runes dropping, which prevented talisman evolution (2* AND 5* alike) and they acted realizing top tier bottlenecks make sense (i.e., 3* rainbow runes) but low-mid tiers do not (i.e., 1* or 2* red evo runes, or in this case, ANY * regular runes)

This is made all the more important as character development is perfect- you either have a 5* L100 Bomber Boy or you don't. You do not need to re-level or modify it (other than perhaps skill shards- or not) once you bring it to L100.

Talisman development on the other hand is a mess. One might have leveled a fierce set because that was all that could be had for weeks, then the safeguard set turns up, or the Iron set is broken with the last patch, or the new strategy requires the removal of the freeze set and the replacement with energy. Talismans are dynamic and imperfect, requiring more room to work, advance and experiment, unlike static character leveling, which is "one-and-done."

Interesting you say that character levelling is perfect, where if you miss the lucky 3* evo shard drops in lol for a certain colour, you're waiting an entire week before you get another chop. It actually can be really quite slow! So for mine, this comes back to the old question of what you feel the bottleneck should be. You want it to be 3* evos runes (like it is with shards from LoL atm). And I fully understand. Others say it should only be gold. I dont mind that it is currently upgrade runes. As I mentioned, I feel like we can still get them up to 5* quite easily still. Its just getting them those last 20 levels from 30-50 as 5* that talismans become very hard. But I dont mind that. As I said, I think its just status symbol more than actual performance.

What I wouldnt want is just that evolving everything is so easy that you can do an entire character in a week. That wouldnt benefit the game at all. Particularly the challenge level for newer players on the rise, who we (and the devs) need to think about too.

I feel some people (not you specifically though) expect to be able to have every single one of their 100 toons to be fully maxed in talismans out in the space of a short period of time. Whereas, whats to stop you working on sets and then swapping as you experiment with different toons? Thats what I do.

Actually, thats a potential half-way solution: Make it easier to swap entire load-outs.

FlyingV
11-26-2016, 08:53 AM
Interesting you say that character levelling is perfect, where if you miss the lucky 3* evo shard drops in lol for a certain colour, you're waiting an entire week before you get another chop. It actually can be really quite slow! So for mine, this comes back to the old question of what you feel the bottleneck should be. You want it to be 3* evos runes (like it is with shards from LoL atm). And I fully understand. Others say it should only be gold. I dont mind that it is currently upgrade runes. As I mentioned, I feel like we can still get them up to 5* quite easily still. Its just getting them those last 20 levels from 30-50 as 5* that talismans become very hard. But I dont mind that. As I said, I think its just status symbol more than actual performance.

The thing about missing a LOL dungeon day is that it is entirely within your control. I have that very issue now with a newly-acquired gunner Rescuer that needs one more 3* Yellow Evo shard. It is no big deal to wait those few days or the week 'round if I miss the day because I "Know" I can acquire it once I have the gunner LOL dungeon

Getting runes up to 5* "quite easily" is just not true in my experience. I don't think I'm off by much (If at all) in stating that it takes more runes to move from L 40 to L50 on a 5* talisman than it does to move from L1 to L40 on a 4* talisman. I would not be surprised if it would take more runes to level a L50 talisman from L40 than it would to evolving a L1 3* to a L40 4*. I have one Blue talisman on my GR I am leveling that takes all my blue runes, one Yellow tali on my Aces that takes my yellow runes, one purple on my troll, etc. It could take days (and has) to move from L41-L44 on one alone. One 5* rune may level up an entire 3* tali, and yet you are lucky to get 167% advancement from a couple of these 5* runes once the tali is in the mid 40s.

What I wouldnt want is just that evolving everything is so easy that you can do an entire character in a week. That wouldnt benefit the game at all. Particularly the challenge level for newer players on the rise, who we (and the devs) need to think about too.

My gaming experience was a horrible grind throughout the entire campaign. It only got manageable toward the very end or shortly after defeating LotB Madness. It is very easy to control beginning/intermediate players by keeping the difficulty controlled relative to the player's experience level and this game has done a great job executing this. It worked like a charm against me. Even if I were as a L28 player to luck into a gunner CotD or AoF from a rare soul, I couldn't do a thing more with him via 2* and 3* talismans in more challenging dungeons (contrary to your earlier statement about little difference between 3* and 5* talismans). I just did this with a 4* L60 CotD armed with six L1 3* talis in Game of Death Madness. My CG trooper and Eddie did the actual damage, and when only a sliver of a health meter remained, CotD could still only scratch a fraction of that tiny amount left. I couldn't survive that level with 5 CotDs with such talismans. CotD was literally worthless without better talismans, and the same would be true of a 3* or even 4* in the hands of a beginner without being able to level talismans higher for the fact they could not survive the more difficult levels/worlds.

I feel some people (not you specifically though) expect to be able to have every single one of their 100 toons to be fully maxed in talismans out in the space of a short period of time. Whereas, whats to stop you working on sets and then swapping as you experiment with different toons? Thats what I do.

Actually, thats a potential half-way solution: Make it easier to swap entire load-outs.

It is and it is not. The logistical fact that swapping a 5* set of Blindness amidst 130 talismans in the inventory 5 times over between characters is a nightmare with the swipe menu that is not worth pursuing. Again, I contend there is no arguing out of awarding runes regularly. It would be one argument to say that 5* runes should be secret location only, and 4* should be less-common reward in the higher dungeons, but it is ridiculous to contend that 3* do not flow like water in top levels on Madness, 2* on Hard and 1* on Normal. Even with nonstop 3* runes, that jump from L47-L50 would soak up a ton of them and only the ranked players could access them. And you can STILL control evolution by awarding 3* evos in secret locations and BF/UW locations only.

HERE IS THE PROBLEM THAT MOST PEOPLE MISS: at a certain level, it is impossible to make the game we have before us a challenge. It has long since ceased to be one for me, and has since become more of a headache-inducing easter egg hunt/slot machine, given current mechanics. Moreover, the solution to nerf and neuter back into a challenge is utterly unacceptable. We of Levels 80 and beyond have soared the highest heights 300 times over, and we will not stand for intentional destruction of our handiwork simply to make us sweat a well-defeated and currently boring dungeon. That will not entertain us. If it did, what is stopping you/us from voluntarily substituting 5* Talismans for 3* to make it more challenging?

No. We will need different content or different approaches, like survival matches (Defeat as many waves of LoL toons while silenced) or voluntary restriction (3* rune challenges for legendary souls). Even these suggestions will not make this the gruelling ordeal that it was during L25-L70, but it will be fun and would challenge rather than overwhelm.

mikmar
11-26-2016, 09:05 AM
No more power up runes ...
Today 90 sands of time and the result is zero.
I think they changed the drop rate, before the last update was almost good

Shaolin85london
11-26-2016, 01:03 PM
Today I founded power runes 4* red 3* green and purple in game of death madness.

Esquatcho
11-26-2016, 01:10 PM
Getting runes up to 5* "quite easily" is just not true in my experience. I don't think I'm off by much (If at all) in stating that it takes more runes to move from L 40 to L50 on a 5* talisman than it does to move from L1 to L40 on a 4* talisman. I would not be surprised if it would take more runes to level a L50 talisman from L40 than it would to evolving a L1 3* to a L40 4*.

Actually, I meant just that getting them to 5* is quite easy. Not levelling the 5*. That I get. It is 10x4* XP runes to go 1-40 on a 4*. 10x4* runes on a 5* talisman gets you to level 30. That was my point that getting a talisman 5* level 30 isnt so difficult. But as a comparison, to get those last 20 levels, you need another 25 runes. Of which, the finaly 10 XP runes only get you from 45-50. The break even is a level 17 5*, so anything above that and its doing better than a maxed 40*.

The logistical fact that swapping a 5* set of Blindness amidst 130 talismans in the inventory 5 times over between characters is a nightmare with the swipe menu that is not worth pursuing.

Agreed!

Again, I contend there is no arguing out of awarding runes regularly. It would be one argument to say that 5* runes should be secret location only, and 4* should be less-common reward in the higher dungeons, but it is ridiculous to contend that 3* do not flow like water in top levels on Madness, 2* on Hard and 1* on Normal. Even with nonstop 3* runes, that jump from L47-L50 would soak up a ton of them and only the ranked players could access them. And you can STILL control evolution by awarding 3* evos in secret locations and BF/UW locations only.

If you suggest that in the regular campaign you reduce the number of 3* evos and replace them with upgrades, with the evo's to be available elsewhere, I dont have a problem with this. But I would still reckon the overall growth in 5* talismans should not be sped up.

HERE IS THE PROBLEM THAT MOST PEOPLE MISS: at a certain level, it is impossible to make the game we have before us a challenge. It has long since ceased to be one for me, and has since become more of a headache-inducing easter egg hunt/slot machine, given current mechanics. Moreover, the solution to nerf and neuter back into a challenge is utterly unacceptable. We of Levels 80 and beyond have soared the highest heights 300 times over, and we will not stand for intentional destruction of our handiwork simply to make us sweat a well-defeated and currently boring dungeon. That will not entertain us. If it did, what is stopping you/us from voluntarily substituting 5* Talismans for 3* to make it more challenging?

No. We will need different content or different approaches, like survival matches (Defeat as many waves of LoL toons while silenced) or voluntary restriction (3* rune challenges for legendary souls). Even these suggestions will not make this the gruelling ordeal that it was during L25-L70, but it will be fun and would challenge rather than overwhelm.

Cant disagree here. I feel that if there were other challenges, half of this wouldnt be quite as much of a discussion topic. Though, I would suggest the 'intentional destruction' comment is quite heavy handed. Everything I've seen from the devs have been coming at least from a good place. I know some forum goers would disagree with me on that, but I've played many games where the devs havent had nearly the same level of communication and influence from the community.

Esquatcho
11-27-2016, 12:11 PM
Just trying to keep a track on XP rune drops over the next couple of days, doing only secret levels & Game of Death Madness using all 50 troopers (just for ease of keeping track).

For calcs, just to keep it simple, Im assuming 4* XP is double 3* (which is is) and 5* is double 4* (its actually a bit more) . All comparison will be to maxing out a 5* talisman from level 1 to 50.

27/11: 3* 10xgreen + 5xred + 5xblue / 4* 2xgreen + 6xred + 8xblue + 3xyellow + 5xpurple (24 total) / 5* 1xred = 1.26 talismans.
28/11: 3* 5xblue + 5xred + 15xyellow + 5xpurple / 4* 2xblue + 6xred + 2xpurple = 0.71 talismans (not as good today! I did have about 5 rounds on hard level though before I realised, so maybe that influenced? Still much lower)
29/11: 3* 5xblue + 15xred + 5xgreen + 10xyellow + 5xpurple / 4* 2xblue + 13xred + 9xgreen + 4xyellow + 4xpurple / 5* 1xred = 1.77 talismans (Woot!)

aur0ra85
11-27-2016, 08:10 PM
Runes are incredibly broken. I'm not letting the dev team off the hook for this. It's clearly been done on purpose as they have not acknowledged it. They've had multiple updates since this became an issue, so they'd have fixed it by now if it wasn't on purpose. Very dirty play by the dev team. And yes, the drop rate is for sure broken bad. I recommend not playing at all until it's rectified.

Esquatcho
11-30-2016, 11:30 PM
OK, I've had enough of counting power up runes. Here is the final count:

27/11: 3* 10xgreen + 5xred + 5xblue / 4* 2xgreen + 6xred + 8xblue + 3xyellow + 5xpurple (24 total) / 5* 1xred = 1.26 talismans.
28/11: 3* 5xblue + 5xred + 15xyellow + 5xpurple / 4* 2xblue + 6xred + 2xpurple = 0.71 talismans (not as good today! I did have about 5 rounds on hard level though before I realised, so maybe that influenced? Still much lower)
29/11: 3* 5xblue + 15xred + 5xgreen + 10xyellow + 5xpurple / 4* 2xblue + 13xred + 9xgreen + 4xyellow + 4xpurple / 5* 1xred = 1.77 talismans (Woot!)
30/11:3* 5xblue + 5xred + 5xyellow + 20xpurple / 4* 3xblue + 12xred + 3xgreen + 2xyellow + 2xporuple / 5* 1xblue + 1xred = 1.24 talismans

So across 200 rounds, we got a total of 4.98 talismans from 5* level 1 to level 50. Thats an average of 1.245 talismans per day or the equivalent of 43.57 x 4* upgrade runes per day.

To take a talisman from a base 3* level 1 to 5* level 50, you need 48 x 4* upgrade runes. So assuming you have even distribution over time of colours, you can max out one talisman of each colour completely every 5.5 days. So as long as you are working on talismans of different colours constantly, you will be able to upgade 6 characters worth of talismans each month.

Doesn't seem overly bad to me (just imo). Now if you are working on multiple builds needing just one colour - well I can see that taking a while.