PDA

View Full Version : What works well in the Magus (Blue) LoL dungeon.

Reeb99
10-26-2016, 12:07 PM
Just some tips for this one since some struggle here. You may not have access to these characters, but you might find something useful.

Here's what I use: Speed of Light Eddie, Alliance General, and twin green soulless demons. The general and SoL Eddie are typical builds, nothing special. I have blind sets on my soulless demons. Why? Because the blue Golden Sons can't heal if they can't hit you.

The first two rounds are fairly simple, use the green guys to kick butt. SoL Eddie can either heal, attack, or use the skill that blocks beneficial effects to block the Newborns from buffing.

The boss round: The blind effect won't take effect if you target the boss, since it can't affect the boss in any way. Activate the General's buff. The general and demons can then concentrate on damage, and SoL Eddie can heal or attack.

You used to be able to prevent ghosting on the boss by blocking beneficial effects, but it no longer works. You should still be able to end the ghost part by removing it or stealing the effect.

The general makes short work of the boss with his buff activated. The soulless demons do ok, but the talismans I have on them aren't up to snuff with the General. If you don't have these guys, find something else (preferably a green or non red) that can fit a blind set. If you don't have SoL Eddie, CR Eddie or something that has buff removal or steal capability.

Other useful debuffs are Bleeds and / or block healing, perma death, block revive. Hope that helps!

Demoonchild
10-26-2016, 12:46 PM
A nice option is Visions Eddie(YES double check I wrote that)...
Being a green char, deals heavy damage to any magus. The BEST plus is the TAKE ability, it removes the Ghost and kills the LOL in one touch(When he's ghosted!)

Esquatcho
10-26-2016, 01:34 PM
Yeah, your alliance general (and my other troopers) make LolX blue so much easier! I use the same, but use assassin golden son instead of the souless demons + my standard blue allied soldier.

Would love some decent greens myself. Best I've got is mummy eddie & apart from that just the usual regular soul sentinals. Might spend some trooper points on green souls I think....

Reeb99
10-26-2016, 04:30 PM
My AG has a ways to go on talismans, so it's good to hear he's useful on X. The talismans are only 5* L29-35 yet.

I'd use an assassin Son if I had one of my own, as you can't die in that dungeon with his power move. Added a couple more useful hints to the original post, in case others don't have those characters.

There really aren't that many good green characters, so I'd be wary of getting green souls.

Esquatcho
10-26-2016, 09:28 PM
There really aren't that many good green characters, so I'd be wary of getting green souls.

Now I read this after spending my trooper points! lol.

Ox cultists and undead allied soldiers :/

Well lesson learned I guess!

konstifik
11-15-2016, 02:42 PM
Since the Golden Sons can get powerful heals in, you need to kill off enemies every round, as those left alive are likely to be back at more or less full HP next round.

CR Eddie's fury also prevents the boss ghosting.

FlyingV
11-15-2016, 03:00 PM
As indicated above, there is a subordination of classes: Magus beats Warrior, Warrior beats Sentinel, Sentinel beats Magus.

Thus, the best warriors by class are sentinel and magus for blue lol. Allied General and Sentinel Soulless Demon are go-tos for their heavy hitting and AoE damage (respectfully) Sentinels seem more resistant to magus damage too, so these characters survive better.

Magus characters are on equal footing and characters like Axis General and CR eddie make short work of those in this dungeon. CR's fury attack can disrupt LOL's ghost fury or can strip it right off him wih fatal results.

Assassin class is useful as well, especially Golden Son, who helps mete out such damage that the LOL is dead before fury can be reached.

Also, explosive AoE is best, so Soldier Eddie's bullet trace following a powerful AoE strike leaves only a few resurrected sons, which your third toon should be able to reduce/eliminate. Worst case scenario, Soldier Eddie unleashes bullet trace last, leaving 2 sons to be mopped up on the second round, giving you the chance to build up energy for another bullet trace for the next wave in the dungeon.

FlyingV
11-15-2016, 03:14 PM
Now I read this after spending my trooper points! lol.

Ox cultists and undead allied soldiers :/

Well lesson learned I guess!

Sooner or later, you'll find Allied General is a "must-add." Meanwhile, FotD Pharoah, and the green angel are massive characters. SSD, Golden Son and Bomber Boy are no slouches either. The thing about sentinels are you have a ton of crap and a handful of amazing with maybe 2-3 decent ones in the middle.

Ddrak
11-16-2016, 02:04 PM
I use PDK+CR+any 2 AOE magic damage dealers (sentinel and gunner bomber boy, assassin possessed mine, assassin soulless demon, magus allied soldier).

Eagleknight
11-16-2016, 04:01 PM
I use red rocked dog, Angel of fear, AG, GR Eddie/pharaoh eddie for all LOL X farming. On blue when he ghosts I just use pharaoh eddies fury and it an auto win. I focused on building one team that would win everywhere.

Arcturus
11-16-2016, 04:12 PM
I'm autofarming all LoL X levels with Carriage Rider Eddie (~1/2 skill shards), Assassin Golden Sun (maxed), Angel of Fear (maxed), and Alliance General. Not even sure I need the general.

Browno
11-16-2016, 04:19 PM
I autofarm x with fotd, pdk, green soulless demon and sentinel allied bomber boy. Never go below 90% health with that team :)

Ringe666-7406
11-16-2016, 06:34 PM
The boss WILL NOT ghost if he reaches 0 health with "prevent beneficial effects" debuff on him. He just dies along with anything else that might be left alive at that point.

Lucky you, for me it's not working... But still, I steal his ghost with SoL every time, since my red axis bomber is raising chances for this, so I cut him some slack :D

Reeb99
11-16-2016, 07:11 PM
Lucky you, for me it's not working... But still, I steal his ghost with SoL every time, since my red axis bomber is raising chances for this, so I cut him some slack :D

Yeah it's been patched since the original post. I'll edit that part.

Also on my 5* green soulless demon, I've settled on 3x blind overwhelming + 3x Energy ward. Seems like a good balance of durability, damage, and effects. I haven't evolved the other green demon yet. Probably will soon though.

LegoMech
11-26-2016, 04:10 PM
I just use my Assassin Troll to steal the Ghost effect and kill him. I'm so happy since figuring that trick out!

The Educated fool
11-26-2016, 06:16 PM
A nice option is Visions Eddie(YES double check I wrote that)...
Being a green char, deals heavy damage to any magus. The BEST plus is the TAKE ability, it removes the Ghost and kills the LOL in one touch(When he's ghosted!)

Well I'll be damned. :cool: I shall have to try this next time. My team has no issues surviving the LoL's attacks, but waiting out his ghosting is annoying.

Eagleknight
11-26-2016, 07:45 PM
Didn't see it mentioned but fotd Eddie removes the ghost effect and kills him also. I just use my normal team until he ghost then pull out fotd and kill it one shot.