PDA

View Full Version : Holy Smoke Eddie (Warrior Type)

Kaijester
07-22-2016, 12:17 AM

FURY

Wrathchild
Deals 3 strikes of physical attack damage.
The final strike hits all enemies. Heal Blocks all enemies for 2 turns
LV2/3 DMG+15/25%

BASIC ABILITY

Attack
Deals physical damage to a single target
LV2/3/4 DMG+5/10/15%

Hunt
Lower DEF of enemy for 2 turns.
Ignite enemy for 2 turns
Ignite increases physical damage taken

Trance
Increase power generation for 2 turns
Increase Fury gained for 2 turns

POWER ABILITY

Chain Knuckle (3 PWR)
Deals physical damage to a single target.
35% chance to Stun target for 1 turn.
Gain Extra Turn on Stun.
LV2/4/6/7 DMG+10/10/15/15%
LV3/5 Effect Chance+10/15%

Prey (2 PWR)
Lower MR of enemy for 2 turns
Smites enemy for 2 turns
Smite increases magic damage taken

Rise (4 PWR)
Deals physical damage to all enemies.
Heal all allies
25% Chance to gain an Extra Turn.
Heal amount is based on your ATK stat.
LV2/4 DMG+10/15%
LV3/5 Healing+10/15%

TALISMAN SLOTS

3 Open / 3 Warrior

Peppoah
02-20-2017, 04:18 PM
I don't understand why nobody replied on this nice guy. I run him with 2 stone, 2 iron and 2 strength talismans. I fought him today in the arena with sentinel pyro and soulless demon and magus golden son. My opponents were the mummy, SSD, gunner corrupt rescuer and a blue bat. I didn't have the first round and guess what? I won. In my opinion he's very good, depending on what you use him for.
Btw the stone talisman were level 4 star 40.

Kardas
02-21-2017, 10:11 AM
I don't understand why nobody replied on this nice guy. I run him with 2 stone, 2 iron and 2 strength talismans. I fought him today in the arena with sentinel pyro and soulless demon and magus golden son. My opponents were the mummy, SSD, gunner corrupt rescuer and a blue bat. I didn't have the first round and guess what? I won. In my opinion he's very good, depending on what you use him for.
Btw the stone talisman were level 4 star 40.

Not entirely sure why you're using Iron instead of more Strength and Stone instead of Health, but yeah. Using a Trooper's on the Fear of the Dark level made me realize that he has a few tricks up his sleeve as his Prey Skill sped things up considerably for my blue team.
His big advantage is his versatility. He can heal, debuff, stun, Heal Block, increase Power and Fury generation, and all his Power costs are on the cheap side. Of course, Soldier Eddie was an even better jack of all trades (also possessing Power and Fury generation, an Endure skill and a very spammable AoE buff) until he got nerfed in October, and even then may be preferable because his basic move is AoE.
That, and everyone has him, which makes using him feel boring.

His one big niche over Soldier Eddie though is that he is a great option against bosses due to his Hunt and Prey skills

konstifik
02-21-2017, 10:37 AM
Once past the initial stages of the games, I see him more as the type of Eddie you bring on the bench to sub in for some special uses, like applying ignite or smite on bosses. I think those types of skills are underrated.

Nekroliun
02-21-2017, 01:06 PM
Hes a beast on my alt account, using ignite on an enemy then attackig with my red bat (which has fiery talismans equipped) and hopefully getting atleast 1 burn almost 1 shots any enemy.

I one shot sentinel beast with 4 burns! Now thats some serious power, plus he had the epic rise heal, which imo one of the best heals in the game.

And ofc lets not forget this guy's chain knuckle, unique ability, epic damage, holy shit 5 stuns in a row is epic!

Talismans i use are 5 strength fierces and 1 health overwhelming

Demoonchild
02-22-2017, 07:27 PM
Best Warrior Eddie for PVP by far........!!

BonFire
05-03-2017, 05:50 PM
I'd love if one of his moves pulled out a TV, but whipping people with chains is pretty awesome.

bort
07-02-2017, 05:07 PM
I saw that this eddie is available as a prize in the campaign? How exactly do you get him? I completed the campaign quite a long time ago, probably before his release, and a quick search on the forums hasn't turned up anything.

Kardas
07-02-2017, 05:35 PM
I saw that this eddie is available as a prize in the campaign? How exactly do you get him? I completed the campaign quite a long time ago, probably before his release, and a quick search on the forums hasn't turned up anything.

Erm, Holy Smoke Eddie is the Eddie you get when starting the game. He's just generally referred to as Holy Smoke Eddie to differentiate him from the other Eddies (and because he looks like the Eddie on the Holy Smoke single). So unless you Sacrificed or sold yours, you're out of luck.

bort
07-02-2017, 07:30 PM
Erm, Holy Smoke Eddie is the Eddie you get when starting the game. He's just generally referred to as Holy Smoke Eddie to differentiate him from the other Eddies (and because he looks like the Eddie on the Holy Smoke single). So unless you Sacrificed or sold yours, you're out of luck.

Ha! I thought everyone just called the starting Eddie 'Eddie'.

Thanks!

GotN
07-15-2018, 04:25 PM
So they put another 9 slots (!!!) for Skill Shards on him. When did that happen? Pretty sure mine was fully sharded.

Yup
07-15-2018, 07:00 PM
About two months ago.

Stranger
09-10-2018, 01:54 PM
Why his not available from Rare souls as other 3* Eddies? I sacrificied him long time ago and now I'd like to have him in collection again but he is not anywhere.

MetalKing
09-11-2018, 02:37 AM
You will need to contact support, and they may be able to help you by exchanging it for a spare Eddie in your inventory, since it is not available any other way if you sacrificed it.

DanielRacy
09-11-2018, 03:03 AM
As MetalKing said, contact support and they will switch him with some Eddie on your inventory. I did that a few weeks ago.

Stranger
09-11-2018, 08:03 AM
I never dreamt of it :eek: Thanks for advice guys, I'll try it.

HeadOnFire
12-10-2018, 08:15 PM
Holy Smoke Eddie with Echo talismans and any 2 mysticals (I prefer a health set, but advantage is good too).

I really like how they've developed this old timer. His new toxic burn skill can be very useful in certain fights, while adding the high extra turn chance to Hunt makes him one of the best physical damage dealers when combined with other physical attackers. I've started running him with an Echo set and can reliably ignite 3-4 enemies in a turn while still being able to attack afterward. Since I recently got Clansman Eddie on my team, a favorite tactic of mine is to use Clansman's accuracy buff, then switch to Holy Smoke. From there it's a simple matter to ignite the enemy team (with the accuracy buff, Hunt has a 90% extra turn chance on its own, plus the echo chance), and if I still have power to spare I'll wail on someone with Chain Knuckles which is up to a 55% stun/extra turn chance with accuracy, plus echo. If you have a Gunner Dog with an energy set, you can generate lots of power each turn due to its AOE attack having an extra turn chance as well which allows for multiple Chain Knuckle strikes per turn with just a little luck. Plus Eddie can heal reasonably with Rise, which ALSO has an extra turn chance?!

My only complaint about this Eddie is his fury move; it can be useful, but it's quite outdated. Lots of newer characters can heal block an entire team with basic or power abilities, and Wrathchild just doesn't do enough damage to justify heal block being its only effect. Maybe if it gave your team some type of shield or inflicted more debuffs on the enemies it would be more in-line with the current state of the game.

At any rate, I'm very glad NF (or Navigator Games now?) hasn't forgotten about the game's very first Eddie. Ideally, no character should ever become obsolete, but that isn't necessarily a realistic goal. Still, I think this guy especially should be kept up with the more recent characters.

Liu
12-11-2018, 09:22 AM
He was the first eddie I've sharded and I finished all campaign levels on all difficulties using him (excluding night city). I even used him for quite a while in the arena, though I eventually replaced him by POM eddie as my default.

scott-5496
12-11-2018, 10:02 AM
Yeah. I have always liked him - he was one of my furst warrior team leaders years ago and I he got me through a lot of stages. Still like him in Gauntlet in certain matches and it is fun to give him a run out and you are right in the right team and with a bit of extra trusn luck he can still be a monster. I am hoping the revisit all the old Eds - Carriage Rider I used a lot but hardly ever now - he does nothing! Same for a few other Eds too - I am sure they will get updated skills next year at some point as they do tend ot go back to old characters to keep them relevant.