PDA

View Full Version : Pharaoh Eddie (Sentinel Type)

Kaijester
07-22-2016, 12:20 AM

FURY

Slave To Death
Deals true damage to a single target
Grants invincibility to allies for 3 turns.
Damage dealt is based on your DEF and Max HP.
LV2/3 DMG+10/15%

BASIC ABILITY

Ruin
Deals true damage to a single target.
Damage increases based on your DEF and Max HP
LV2/3/4/5 DMG+10/10/10/10%

Hunt
Lower DEF of enemy for 2 turns.
Ignite enemy for 2 turns
Ignite increases physical damage taken

Mend
Deals magic damage to all enemies.
20% Chance to give party a Heal Shield.
Heal Shield heals targets based on the damage they receive.
LV2/4/5 DMG+5/10/15%
LV3/6 Effect Chance+10/15%

POWER ABILITY

Enrage (3 PWR)
Deals physical damage to a single target
Increase DEF of all allies for 2 turns.
Damage increases based on your Max HP.
LV2/3/4/5 DMG+5/5/10/15%

Entomb (5 PWR)
Grants Defense Charge to target.
Defense Charge increases the effectiveness of the next DEF enhancing ability used.
LV2/3/4/5 DMG+5/5/5/10%

Revive All (6 PWR)
Revive all allies. Heal all allies.
LV2/3/4/5 Healing+10/10/10/10%

Kaijester
07-22-2016, 12:22 AM
Entomb (5 PWR)
Grants Defense Charge to target.
Defense Charge increases the effectiveness of the next DEF enhancing ability used.
LV2/3/4/5 DMG+5/5/5/10%

Is damage applicable for Defense Charge?

Vaseodin
07-22-2016, 02:02 AM
The fury skill on this one is kind of lame, but otherwise he is pretty solid.

Kaijester
07-29-2016, 01:58 AM
I think his Fury will kickass when 1vs1 on Boss.

Anyone knows how much does "Revive all" heal for?

Qed
07-31-2016, 01:33 AM
Just dropped this, which talismans do you use for this?

BillLion
08-01-2016, 01:06 AM
Just drew him as my first 5*. I hope to figure out how to make him work!

My issue is my Carriage Rider Eddie is powerful so I was hoping for a 5* support, but hey can't complain!

Vaseodin
08-01-2016, 04:49 AM
Just dropped this, which talismans do you use for this?

Go with talismans that boost DEF and HP. Although his attacks do "Physical damage" and sometimes "True Damage" the actual damage is calculated by those 2 stats. So I would go with Health Talisman (Overwhelming) if at all possible on at least 4 of your talisman slots. 5 if you really want to maximize him.

BillLion
08-01-2016, 09:15 AM
Go with talismans that boost DEF and HP. Although his attacks do "Physical damage" and sometimes "True Damage" the actual damage is calculated by those 2 stats. So I would go with Health Talisman (Overwhelming) if at all possible on at least 4 of your talisman slots. 5 if you really want to maximize him.

Thanks! I was also considering this, but was conflicted because of the "physical" and "true damage" (btw: do you know the difference between the 2?). However, I've seen a build where someone boosted his attack with fierce talismans and I was underwhelmed. And that is the only one I've played with so I haven't been as impressed w/ this character. But I think he can be good. Revive is definitely an attractive feature.

BillLion
08-01-2016, 11:38 AM
Then again, one slot is dedicated to a magus talisman so I think I'll throw a pair of holy talismans (power) and the overwhelming health talismans you recommended in the other 4 slots to see how that works. It might be helpful since his only AOE attack is magic damage.

Trystangst
08-01-2016, 02:13 PM
Thanks! I was also considering this, but was conflicted because of the "physical" and "true damage" (btw: do you know the difference between the 2?). However, I've seen a build where someone boosted his attack with fierce talismans and I was underwhelmed. And that is the only one I've played with so I haven't been as impressed w/ this character. But I think he can be good. Revive is definitely an attractive feature.

Physical damage is the red numbers. Usually boosted with ATK and resisted with DEF.
True damage is the white numbers. It isn't reduced by DEF or MR, but I'm not sure how it's increased if the description doesn't say (for instance Dog of War deals True damage, but scales off of HP).

OpticSugar
08-01-2016, 03:13 PM
Physical damage is the red numbers. Usually boosted with ATK and resisted with DEF.
True damage is the white numbers. It isn't reduced by DEF or MR, but I'm not sure how it's increased if the description doesn't say (for instance Dog of War deals True damage, but scales off of HP).

Thanks for that clarifcation! I was actually wondering the same thing.

BillLion
08-01-2016, 03:27 PM
Yeah, thanks for that clarification!

Vaseodin
08-01-2016, 03:49 PM

The reason your Trooper's Eddie didn't do great damage is because they put red talismans on him. Although he does physical damage he doesn't benefit from the "attack" Stat like other characters.his damage is physical but is based on percentage of his HP (the full hp, not his base hp stat). I wouldn't put a pair of holy talismans, as he doesn't have m(any?) skills that do magic damage. It would be a waste to use up a slot with talisman that caps hp at 1100 hp and 114 Def vs. Another health (overwhelmimg) thatcaps out at 6800 hp and 114 Def.. I have tested mummy Eddie extensively and I can assure you he does more damage with a boosted health (and survives better) than if he had Holy talismans with a large Magic stat.

To also answer your other question, physical damage is mitigated by enemy DEF stat, while true damage ignores Def and magic Def, making true damage the best form of damage. The reason I say this is that your true damage will always hurt the amount it's support to hurt even if fighting an enemy with high defensive stats (like pharaoh dog king). The physical damage will do less against characters with high DEF (most characters have higher Def than magic def).

BillLion
08-01-2016, 05:19 PM
The reason your Trooper's Eddie didn't do great damage is because they put red talismans on him. Although he does physical damage he doesn't benefit from the "attack" Stat like other characters.his damage is physical but is based on percentage of his HP (the full hp, not his base hp stat). I wouldn't put a pair of holy talismans, as he doesn't have m(any?) skills that do magic damage. It would be a waste to use up a slot with talisman that caps hp at 1100 hp and 114 Def vs. Another health (overwhelmimg) thatcaps out at 6800 hp and 114 Def.. I have tested mummy Eddie extensively and I can assure you he does more damage with a boosted health (and survives better) than if he had Holy talismans with a large Magic stat.

To also answer your other question, physical damage is mitigated by enemy DEF stat, while true damage ignores Def and magic Def, making true damage the best form of damage. The reason I say this is that your true damage will always hurt the amount it's support to hurt even if fighting an enemy with high defensive stats (like pharaoh dog king). The physical damage will do less against characters with high DEF (most characters have higher Def than magic def).

Thank you for the insight. His only magic attack is also his only AOE attack which made that attractive to me. But what you're saying about his damages based on the HP stat. I've got a lot of work to do on Pharaoh before he's ready for primetime! But I hope he'll be worth the investment.

Also, your damage clarification was extremely helpful. Thanks for taking the time to answer that!

Vaseodin
08-01-2016, 06:04 PM
Thank you for the insight. His only magic attack is also his only AOE attack which made that attractive to me. But what you're saying about his damages based on the HP stat. I've got a lot of work to do on Pharaoh before he's ready for primetime! But I hope he'll be worth the investment.

Also, your damage clarification was extremely helpful. Thanks for taking the time to answer that!

Yeah I didn't realize that was his only AOE. So you may have to make a decision on how to build him. It seems that AOE is the only ability where the damage is NOT based on Def and HP, and it's your shield as well (based on your Magic stat). So you can even out his abilities and get mediocre damage across the board, sacrifice his AOE to really boost all of his other skills (you can mitigate this by pairing him with 2 AOE allies), or you can just make his AOE/ Shield strong and sacrifice all of his other abilities (probably the worst choice). This is probably the reason they require you to use a blue talisman (to at least have some damage on that skill). I would maximize that 1 blue one and make sure you get the most magic out of it. This is a common problem with some characters where their skills are too spread out across many stats for them to be effective. The green pyro soldier is another I can think of that has this problem.

By the way, I currently recommend using Health Talisman (overwhelming) on him, but that is mostly because the Stone Talisman (overwhelming) is currently bugged. The Stone Talisman is supposed to boost your defense by 1% of HP (which is over 10k at max), meaning 4 stone talismans will boost your defense by over 600 total (making you very good at surviving against red characters). But the stone talisman doesn't give you the bonus defense based on HP. Hopefully this bug will be fixed soon as the stone talisman seems like the best choice for this guy.

BillLion
08-01-2016, 09:09 PM
Yeah I didn't realize that was his only AOE. So you may have to make a decision on how to build him. It seems that AOE is the only ability where the damage is NOT based on Def and HP, and it's your shield as well (based on your Magic stat). So you can even out his abilities and get mediocre damage across the board, sacrifice his AOE to really boost all of his other skills (you can mitigate this by pairing him with 2 AOE allies), or you can just make his AOE/ Shield strong and sacrifice all of his other abilities (probably the worst choice). This is probably the reason they require you to use a blue talisman (to at least have some damage on that skill). I would maximize that 1 blue one and make sure you get the most magic out of it. This is a common problem with some characters where their skills are too spread out across many stats for them to be effective. The green pyro soldier is another I can think of that has this problem.

By the way, I currently recommend using Health Talisman (overwhelming) on him, but that is mostly because the Stone Talisman (overwhelming) is currently bugged. The Stone Talisman is supposed to boost your defense by 1% of HP (which is over 10k at max), meaning 4 stone talismans will boost your defense by over 600 total (making you very good at surviving against red characters). But the stone talisman doesn't give you the bonus defense based on HP. Hopefully this bug will be fixed soon as the stone talisman seems like the best choice for this guy.

Glad you were able to decipher my last post. I realized afterwards that I had accidentally hacked off part of a sentence rendering it incoherent.

Taking your suggestion I currently have 4 overwhelming health talismans in him and 2 holy power talismans (one is required). I may sub out the second one after I develop the talismans (all are only level 3 at the moment).

I could have had more gold to take the talismans further but I recently got stuck making progress isn Underworld on the hard level. I came to a grinding halt so I have leveled my allied soldier (who i was not using to level 4) and just got Pharaoh in the process.

It'll be awhile before he's good enough to be my lead, but I'm hoping he'll be good with some TLC!

Edit add: I only have one stone talisman right now, but my sub these in the future when I get more if it helps.

BillLion
08-03-2016, 01:26 PM
I posted this on a thread about visions eddie, but it also makes sense to discuss here:

I have one trooper with a well built visions eddie and would tend to agree, it's just not the best character in the game.

I have a similar question about Pharaoh Eddie. I drew him a few days ago and he is my only 5* hero. I had several other characters being developed so I've been trying to put all other efforts into him. So far I'm finding him lackluster in terms of damage. A GREAT feature is his ability to revive/heal all allies. I wonder if he's good to have simply as an alternate for that (and to sustain heavy damage).

Would you place Pharaoh Eddie in the same category as Visions Eddie, or do I just need to be patient and wait for him to be maxed? (He's currently at level 54 and his talismans are half 3s & half 4s, which I'm pumping up daily).

Trystangst
08-03-2016, 03:48 PM
It's really hard to judge a lot of these characters until you've got them evolved/leveled/equipped. Dog of War is pointless when it's 3* with 3* talismans. But get it to 5* with 5* Talismans, and it's a force to be reckoned with.

Vaseodin
08-03-2016, 04:36 PM
I posted this on a thread about visions eddie, but it also makes sense to discuss here:

I have one trooper with a well built visions eddie and would tend to agree, it's just not the best character in the game.

I have a similar question about Pharaoh Eddie. I drew him a few days ago and he is my only 5* hero. I had several other characters being developed so I've been trying to put all other efforts into him. So far I'm finding him lackluster in terms of damage. A GREAT feature is his ability to revive/heal all allies. I wonder if he's good to have simply as an alternate for that (and to sustain heavy damage).

Would you place Pharaoh Eddie in the same category as Visions Eddie, or do I just need to be patient and wait for him to be maxed? (He's currently at level 54 and his talismans are half 3s & half 4s, which I'm pumping up daily).

The Pharoah kind of works much better than Visions Eddie in almost every way. The Visions Eddie Fury skill would be a devastating move if he didn't stun himself for 2 turns, but stunning ALL foes for 1 turn may be all you need if you have 2 allies that do high damage. I recommend pairing ALL green Eddies with high damage allies. The green characters are survivors and they play support. I think Pharaoh Eddie is at least much better than Visions Eddie in just about every department. This is why I would sacrifice his AOE damage attack by not using more than 1 blue talisman. Keep 'em green and keep 'em high on HP and Def. This will boost your single attack damage and will help most of your skills. If you prefer your Eddie to be the damage dealer, then none of the green ones are for you. I think if you want to keep him on the sidelines and bring him in to revive, heal, and take some hits then go for it. Some people like the playstyle that the green Eddies provide (I'm one of those people and I love Mummy and Pharaoh Eddie), but most don't .

BillLion
08-03-2016, 05:22 PM
The Pharoah kind of works much better than Visions Eddie in almost every way. The Visions Eddie Fury skill would be a devastating move if he didn't stun himself for 2 turns, but stunning ALL foes for 1 turn may be all you need if you have 2 allies that do high damage. I recommend pairing ALL green Eddies with high damage allies. The green characters are survivors and they play support. I think Pharaoh Eddie is at least much better than Visions Eddie in just about every department. This is why I would sacrifice his AOE damage attack by not using more than 1 blue talisman. Keep 'em green and keep 'em high on HP and Def. This will boost your single attack damage and will help most of your skills. If you prefer your Eddie to be the damage dealer, then none of the green ones are for you. I think if you want to keep him on the sidelines and bring him in to revive, heal, and take some hits then go for it. Some people like the playstyle that the green Eddies provide (I'm one of those people and I love Mummy and Pharaoh Eddie), but most don't .

That makes a lot of sense. I think he'll need to be my back-up for revive/heal until I level him up enough and level up with some higher damage allies. It's good to know he's no Visions Eddie Pt. 2

BillLion
08-04-2016, 11:41 AM
I'm seeing more value now with adjusted play style. He simply will never be a big DPS player -nor was he designed to be. BUT, as I level him he has great staying power and revive is invaluable. Using him causes me to switch eddies in a battle rather than just one, but if it helps me progress -so be it!

Vaseodin
08-04-2016, 02:35 PM
I agree. Revive is so handy! I was able to progress just because of this ability.

BillLion
08-04-2016, 06:28 PM
I agree. Revive is so handy! I was able to progress just because of this ability.

That's for sure. Still a lightweight hitter, but that's what the team is for

Qed
08-04-2016, 07:00 PM
Speaking of Pharaoh, does Revive's healing intensity scale with magic?

CapnFantasy
08-05-2016, 09:23 PM

I'm sorta new to games like this so my initial thinking was throw a bunch of red talismans on my Pharaoh to boost his attacks. Glad I found this. For anyone else that has him, I ran a little experiment. Currently he's level 94, and I had him equipped with 4* star maxed talismans all the way around, including a pair of green crystals, a pair of blue shocks and a pair of red guardians. I then swapped out the red guardians for green healths and here are the results of his attacks, tested in the Snake Eyes level (because all the enemies are dice and they vary nicely from green, yellow and red):

With Red Talismans

Ruin vs Green: 2310 consistently
Enrage vs Green: 4110
Fury vs Green: 3384
Ruin vs Yellow: 1650 - 1689
Enrage vs Yellow: 2936
Fury vs Yellow: 2604
Ruin vs Red: 1351 - 1335
Enrage vs Red: 2349 consistently
Fury vs Red: 1934

With Green Talismans

Ruin vs Green: 2660
Enrage vs Green: 4399
Fury vs Green: 4155
Ruin vs Yellow: 1900 1868
Enrage vs Yellow: 3143 consistently
Fury vs Yellow: 3197
Ruin vs Red: 1520
Enrage vs Red: 2514 consistently
Fury vs Red: 2375

So to be clear, the bottom numbers are two pair of greens and a pair of blue talismans, all level 40 4*. If anyone wants to give him a go I'm CapnFantasy-0833. Biggest difference is the fury, it's more of a weapon now. He's getting better and better - thanks for the tips!

Vaseodin
08-06-2016, 12:18 AM
I would take another blue out and swap for a green. Also, what types of greens do you have on?

CapnFantasy
08-06-2016, 06:20 PM
I would take another blue out and swap for a green. Also, what types of greens do you have on?

The greens are Health (ward) and Crystal (Mystical). No idea what those mean and the corresponding numbers seem to be largely the same between the different types of the same color. The blues are the shock arcane but I've experienced no real benefit from that passive skill.

Vaseodin
08-06-2016, 06:54 PM
The greens are Health (ward) and Crystal (Mystical). No idea what those mean and the corresponding numbers seem to be largely the same between the different types of the same color. The blues are the shock arcane but I've experienced no real benefit from that passive skill.

I would specifically use Health (Overwhelming). The numbers seem the same initially, but when you get them to level 50 you'll notice the Overwhelming ones will give you 6900 Health vs 4800 with the other types of health talismans. Plus, Overwhelming will boost your DEF which will help your survivability AND increase your damage output a bit. The shock talismans aren't very useful. the damage you gain from the shock is very minimal and it only procs 1/3 of the time. Swap one of the blues for another Health (overwhelming) and you'll see an increase in your survivability and damage output.

Qed
08-06-2016, 07:19 PM
The difference in hp is confirmed to be a bug and probably will get fixed btw.

Vaseodin
08-06-2016, 09:01 PM
The difference in hp is confirmed to be a bug and probably will get fixed btw.

That's great news!

BillLion
08-10-2016, 09:46 AM
Well, they just massively improved Pharaoh w/ these changes in the update:

Pharaoh Eddie Fury Ability made AOE invincibility
Pharaoh Eddie DEF scaling increased.

The AOE invincibility is SO valuable!

Jennie-5128
08-10-2016, 10:08 AM
Yeah Pharaoh''s tune-up has made him much more fun :)
I guess that they can see which characters get used and which don't, and have made the ones that don't get used more fun to play with

BillLion
08-10-2016, 12:11 PM
Yeah Pharaoh''s tune-up has made him much more fun :)
I guess that they can see which characters get used and which don't, and have made the ones that don't get used more fun to play with

I hope people take notice! I put Pharaoh as my lead a few days ago and it seems I get a few less uses than my 4* carriage rider -though my perception could be wrong as I haven't tracked it. I assume most people probably take eddies and throw them in the standby pool anyway (except the real heavy ones) just to run missions for trooper points.

Dutch
08-10-2016, 12:16 PM
I hope people take notice! I put Pharaoh as my lead a few days ago and it seems I get a few less uses than my 4* carriage rider -though my perception could be wrong as I haven't tracked it. I assume most people probably take eddies and throw them in the standby pool anyway (except the real heavy ones) just to run missions for trooper points.

Yeah i prefer my troopers to have eddies as champion as i can just use them as fillers whilst autobattling through maps

Jennie-5128
08-10-2016, 12:44 PM
S'not me missing you out, Bill. I've been really good and used all my troopers every day for weeks :)

BillLion
08-10-2016, 12:50 PM
Yeah i prefer my troopers to have eddies as champion as i can just use them as fillers whilst autobattling through maps

Agreed. Unless they have Axis err Corrupt Commander, then I'm pleased.

BillLion
08-10-2016, 12:51 PM
S'not me missing you out, Bill. I've been really good and used all my troopers every day for weeks :)

Thanks! And same here.

Qed
08-10-2016, 09:49 PM
I have a Pharaoh eddie 5* lev 100, i can put is as trooper is anyone is interested in trying it.

CapnFantasy
08-27-2016, 04:47 AM
Does anybody know exactly what Pharaoh Eddie's "Entomb" skill actually does? Every time I get a skill shard, I throw it at him and it sticks to Entomb 75% of the time. It says it "grants a Defense Charge to Target", which in most cases means you get to pick the ally that gets the buff. You cannot, and as far as I can tell there is no other benefit. Is this a bug?

Kulimar
08-27-2016, 05:43 AM
Does anybody know exactly what Pharaoh Eddie's "Entomb" skill actually does? Every time I get a skill shard, I throw it at him and it sticks to Entomb 75% of the time. It says it "grants a Defense Charge to Target", which in most cases means you get to pick the ally that gets the buff. You cannot, and as far as I can tell there is no other benefit. Is this a bug?

It means that the next DEF enhancing ability you used with be stronger than usual. I think he has some other skills that increase DEF in his moveset that would be improved by that skill.

BillLion
08-27-2016, 12:56 PM
It means that the next DEF enhancing ability you used with be stronger than usual. I think he has some other skills that increase DEF in his moveset that would be improved by that skill.

That is correct, BUT I am also confused by this ability because the description of skill shard buffing adds a % of damage. Makes no sense at all. Not to mention this skill is largely unnecessary because he's got such high HP and he can always revive if need be.

I never us Entomb or Mend. Mend is his only AOE skill but it runs on magic. It is a total waste to put magic on him because his other skills are crazy good with maxed HP and DEF. If they changed that to running on true damage, that'd be dope.

The challenge is all but one of his abilities can be evolved w/ skill shards so it can take awhile to max his abilities that rally matter. BUT, he's so worth the investment.

Kraznoff
08-30-2016, 10:39 PM
Did his revive get nerfed with the update? Before the update allies would be revived with ~25% health, now they revive with ~1% health. Anyone else notice this?

CapnFantasy
08-30-2016, 10:49 PM
Did his revive get nerfed with the update? Before the update allies would be revived with ~25% health, now they revive with ~1% health. Anyone else notice this?

I have noticed that. I'm not sure it was 25% before, but it's far less now and certainly a negligible amount, like one small damage reflect will take out a newly revived character. The trick is to revive right before you move on to the next stage.

However, I'll take that trade for the AOE immunity any day. Makes your party pretty much unstoppable if you time the usage correctly.

BillLion
08-31-2016, 01:32 PM
I have noticed that. I'm not sure it was 25% before, but it's far less now and certainly a negligible amount, like one small damage reflect will take out a newly revived character. The trick is to revive right before you move on to the next stage.

However, I'll take that trade for the AOE immunity any day. Makes your party pretty much unstoppable if you time the usage correctly.

Agreed. And you can bump up his heal with skill shards eventually. I've put 10 of them into mine and just got my 1st heal bump this morning! Can't complain though his fury and primary attack moves are maxed.

Vaseodin
08-31-2016, 04:52 PM
Agreed. And you can bump up his heal with skill shards eventually. I've put 10 of them into mine and just got my 1st heal bump this morning! Can't complain though his fury and primary attack moves are maxed.

Nice! I use him exclusively against Gunner Lord of Light. Pharaoh Eddie is amazing after the update. I hope others get the same treatment soon (like Visions or Mummy).

Dank Brew
09-06-2016, 06:12 AM
I hope to draw this eddie someday. He looks like a good one.

BillLion
09-06-2016, 11:32 AM
Nice! I use him exclusively against Gunner Lord of Light. Pharaoh Eddie is amazing after the update. I hope others get the same treatment soon (like Visions or Mummy).

Do you have Visions Eddie?

Kaijester
09-27-2016, 03:33 AM
Has anyone uses Entomb effectively for some purposes?

Since the cost is going to be reduced to 3 powers, perhaps we can think of some useful ways to play with this ability.

Vaseodin
09-27-2016, 05:28 AM
Do you have Visions Eddie?

Sorry just saw this. Yes, I got Visions and Carriage Rider from being a founder. I never use Visions, though.

BillLion
09-27-2016, 11:50 AM
Has anyone uses Entomb effectively for some purposes?

Since the cost is going to be reduced to 3 powers, perhaps we can think of some useful ways to play with this ability.

I can't think of any. Also this ability is where good skill shards go to die

BillLion
09-27-2016, 11:50 AM
Sorry just saw this. Yes, I got Visions and Carriage Rider from being a founder. I never use Visions, though.

Got it. Well I know your a fan of the sentinel Eddies so hopefully the tuning improvements they mentioned will make him viable for you.

Mercifal
10-29-2016, 09:20 AM
What do you think of Pharaoh Eddie after all of those minor and major changes? Because I'm not sure if I should invest skill shards in him, especially after talisman nerf...

Browno
04-21-2017, 10:01 PM
Finally got this dude :) time to level up :p

Tritium
04-21-2017, 10:31 PM
Finally got this dude :) time to level up :p

Same; he's great for PVP! Like a tanky, less-strong version of GRE.

Browno
04-21-2017, 10:41 PM
Is he ok in pvp unsharded?

Tritium
04-21-2017, 11:04 PM

I'd say so. I'm even using him at lvl 90 on offense. I've no plans to shard him anytime soon. If you want to use him on defense, he can do well unsharded with the right team, but you may want to shard him if you plan on making him your main defensive Eddie.

Jofer16
04-21-2017, 11:16 PM

Yeah, I had zero shards in mine on defense and it held well.

Metallicamilo
04-23-2017, 01:25 AM
Entomb ability is completely USELESS. i have it at 100% (sadly) and i use it with corrupt rescuer gunner and Sentinel allied bomber boy, which have DEF enhanced abilities, and after serious testing, guess what? i expected 100% boost (double damage) on those attacks but:

corrupt gunner deals physical damge: 4580
after Entomb: 4809

I hope devs do smth about it. i hope they change it to some AoE attack or anything useful.

PD: Revive all is good, but it should heal better.

Browno
05-09-2017, 12:35 PM
Looks like entomb and enrage will become a thing in next update. Also the heal should be fixed :).
Good times for pharaoh :)

primus
05-26-2017, 10:15 PM
Look like Revive All got buffed as a heal ability. Also looks like Entomb got boosted so that it grants an extra turn after use. However, the damage boost is broken making it still worthless.

The following summarizes attacks on Magus (green) Hell Dice (lvl 99) by two characters whose attacks should be buffed by Entomb:

Pharoah's Ruin // Unbuffed: 7649; Buffed: 7649

Allied Bomber Boy's atk // Unbuffed: 2521; Buffed: 2521

Also of note, I would like to use the stone talisman to boost DEF, but it does not boost it by the expected amount.

I hope Devs get around to fixing these bugs.

Browno
05-26-2017, 10:19 PM
You use him wrong. Revive was broken to the point it healed less for each shard in it before. Try embolden followed by enrage, and then try ruin. It deals a lot more damage after that setup.

Kardas
05-27-2017, 10:23 AM
Also of note, I would like to use the stone talisman to boost DEF, but it does not boost it by the expected amount.

For a long time the Stone Talismans did what they were supposed to but they just didn't display the set bonus. Is that back? Was that even fixed?

Kardas
06-06-2017, 09:41 PM
I was curious how Pharaoh Eddie's attacks (namely Ruin, Enrage, and Slave To Death) are affected by their DEF and HP scaling.
So with some thanks to my Pharaoh Troopers and Slauki (thanks again man) I went testing on Game of Death Madness with a bunch of lv100 Pharaohs.

Test 1
2 Pharaohs, both with 2 red and 4 Health Talismans. Their Health and Magic Bonuses were identical. One had about 100 more DEF, while the other had about 400 more ATK. The Pharaoh with more DEF did about 200 more damage on attacks with Ruin (Skill Shards maxed!). Hence, for those three moves, Pharaoh's DEF scaling is more important than his normal ATK and MAGIC scaling needed for true damage.

Test 2
2 Pharaohs, one with 4 Health and an Iron set (the one that did higher damage in Test 1) compared with 5 Health Overwhelming and 1 Fierce red.
In this case, the Pharaoh with 5 green 1 red did more damage than the 4 green 2 red. This would indicate that Pharaoh's HP scaling is more important than his DEF scaling for those three moves.

Conclusion:
If you want to get maximum attack out of Ruin (and by extension Enrage and Slave To Death, as well as Revive All's heal amount), stock up on Health Talismans. Overwhelming if you want to focus on Ruin/Enrage/Slave To Death, though a few Wards are nice for Revive All and to a lesser extent Mend. Mystical Talismans form a compromise here.

Tritium
06-06-2017, 10:24 PM
Awesome analysis, Kardas! :) Thanks for going through that hard work to help us figure out how best to set up our Pharaohs.

HeadOnFire
08-06-2017, 01:11 AM
I was curious how Pharaoh Eddie's attacks (namely Ruin, Enrage, and Slave To Death) are affected by their DEF and HP scaling.
So with some thanks to my Pharaoh Troopers and Slauki (thanks again man) I went testing on Game of Death Madness with a bunch of lv100 Pharaohs.

Test 1
2 Pharaohs, both with 2 red and 4 Health Talismans. Their Health and Magic Bonuses were identical. One had about 100 more DEF, while the other had about 400 more ATK. The Pharaoh with more DEF did about 200 more damage on attacks with Ruin (Skill Shards maxed!). Hence, for those three moves, Pharaoh's DEF scaling is more important than his normal ATK and MAGIC scaling needed for true damage.

Test 2
2 Pharaohs, one with 4 Health and an Iron set (the one that did higher damage in Test 1) compared with 5 Health Overwhelming and 1 Fierce red.
In this case, the Pharaoh with 5 green 1 red did more damage than the 4 green 2 red. This would indicate that Pharaoh's HP scaling is more important than his DEF scaling for those three moves.

Conclusion:
If you want to get maximum attack out of Ruin (and by extension Enrage and Slave To Death, as well as Revive All's heal amount), stock up on Health Talismans. Overwhelming if you want to focus on Ruin/Enrage/Slave To Death, though a few Wards are nice for Revive All and to a lesser extent Mend. Mystical Talismans form a compromise here.

I was about to post asking about the validity of using a set of Iron or Holy talismans with 4 greens, as well as Health vs. Stone talismans, and you answered my question before I even asked! As always, you're a big help to us all. Up the irons, Kardas.