PDA

View Full Version : Grim Reaper Eddie (Magus Type)

Sparton_LOTB
10-28-2016, 03:51 AM

FURY

Dance of the Dead
Deals magic damage to all enemies.
Revive all allies.
50% Chance to Doom random enemy.
Doom instantly kills targets after 3 turns. Targets killed by Doom cannot be revived.
LV 2/4 DMG+ 10/25%
LV 3/5 Effect Chance +15/20%

BASIC SKILLS

Slash
Deals 3 hits of magic damage.
30% to Reset and trigger attack again.
LV 2/4 DMG+ 5/10%
LV 3/5 Effect Chance +5/10%

Horrow
Deals 3 hits of magic damage to enemies.
50% Chance to Heal on each hit.
25% for an Extra Turn.
LV 2/4 DMG+ 5/10%

Cleave
Deals 2 hits of magic damage to enemies.
40% to Heal Block for 2 turns.
LV 2/4 DMG+ 5/10%

POWER SKILLS

Death Grip
40% Chance to Drain HP of enemies to all allies for 2 turns.
LV 2/4 DMG+ 5/10%

Harvest
50% Chance to Lower MR.
Drain Power for each harmful effect on the enemy.
LV 2/4 DMG+ 5/10%
LV 3/5 Effect Chance 5/10%

Spell Vamp
Grants Spell Vamp for 2 turns.
Spell Vamp heals you for 60% of the magic damage you deal.
LV 2/3/4/5 DMG+ 5/10/15/20%

TALISMAN SLOTS

3 Open / 3 Magus

Ezz
10-28-2016, 04:00 AM
Sweet! Available when?

Sparton_LOTB
10-28-2016, 04:04 AM
Sweet! Available when?

Grim Reaper Eddie is an exclusive reward to the new Achievements system coming in the next update. Get a preview of what's coming up in that update over here (http://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?3161-Game-Update-October-28th-2016-(COMING-SOON)&p=19606#post19606).

vgta99
10-28-2016, 07:48 AM
I must to have him! :p

Browno
10-28-2016, 08:50 AM
This looks awesome!

BillLion
10-28-2016, 11:49 AM
OK, I may want this one more than FOTD Eddie...nah, I need them both!

yojo
10-28-2016, 07:45 PM
Look great!

Eubedyen
10-28-2016, 08:56 PM
I must have!!!! Want more then my Cyborg Eddie

Kardas
10-29-2016, 09:50 AM
Can I just say his character art is gorgeous? It really beats the the cover for Dance of Death

Qed
10-29-2016, 02:20 PM
Just maxed it and have to say it is the definitive autofarming toon.

Browno
10-29-2016, 02:45 PM

Max skills? What talis do you use? Im contemplate on whether i should max this skill wise or going for corrupt general.

Qed
10-29-2016, 02:49 PM
Max skills? What talis do you use? Im contemplate on whether i should max this skill wise or going for corrupt general.

I didn't spend shards, maxed level and talismans (6x holy).

Browno
10-29-2016, 02:59 PM
I didn't spend shards, maxed level and talismans (6x holy).

Allright! I feel like it has much potential to heal and debuffing which always is nice :)

Ubajoa
10-29-2016, 03:13 PM

I thought holy Sh*t this guy had 28 skill shards stored O.o

Mine has 6 maxed holy talismans and 9 skills upgraded and 19 more waiting in line. He is a beast he just sent to bench my carriage rider fully maxed. BTW grim reaper is my current champion if anyone want to give him a try.

Fudjo
10-29-2016, 04:25 PM
Grim Reaper's stats at Level 100:

HP: 6833
ATK: 228
DEF: 453
MAGIC: 943
M. RESIST: 632
SPECIAL: 503

Eptapsyxos
10-29-2016, 06:08 PM
Its a beast
But it needs 30 skills shards to get it at his maximum.

Ubajoa
10-29-2016, 07:56 PM
Its a beast 7
But it needs 30 skills shards to get it at his maximum.

28 skill shards in fact, not 30.

Browno
10-29-2016, 08:53 PM
Damagewise it is only like 15% more in total for each skill, but effect percentages increase a lot :)
The single attack skill with max percentage could be awesome. I did hit 3 8k hits on a mob today with it :)

Ringe666-7406
10-29-2016, 11:57 PM
Damagewise it is only like 15% more in total for each skill, but effect percentages increase a lot :)
The single attack skill with max percentage could be awesome. I did hit 3 8k hits on a mob today with it :)

Add him Warrior axis bomber or whoever has Focus passive and enjoy 3:) \m/

GreyMouser
10-30-2016, 12:39 PM
I took mine to 100 too. I'm just not that impressed. Love the artwork, but it's very close to CR Eddie. I spent 4 skill shards on him hoping he would hit better but alas, he still hits soft. Another turd sitting the bench.

Save the XP and level up something else.

Even with this said, the Dev's have to be commended for trying and this new update is tremendous!

Browno
10-30-2016, 12:55 PM
I invested 13 shards on him now, and i plan to max him out. In a good team he hit like a beast. Seen him hit over 40k in total in 1 round.

Nicko
10-30-2016, 02:02 PM
I invested 13 shards on him now, and i plan to max him out. In a good team he hit like a beast. Seen him hit over 40k in total in 1 round.

I'm kinda with GreyMouse. Love the visuals, especially his Fury, but have not seen anything I'd describe as "beast"

40k per round? How much per enemy? Was this with a buff from another team member like Pharaoh Dog King? Which attack?

Still really appreciate having a new Eddie! But maxing an Eddie eats up a lot of skill shards, and not convinced this guy is worth it. Maybe some Troopers will change my mind...

Browno
10-30-2016, 02:10 PM
I used corrupt general, and pdk and then main att skill. Did 3 hits of 9k on 1 warrior char then attacked 2 more times and did like 4k each hit, so total of 24k more

GreyMouser
10-30-2016, 03:47 PM
I could see 40K in that scenario. I guess for such a rare character, I was hoping for him to be my #1. I've still yet to find anything that can knock off a good CR Eddie.

Browno
10-30-2016, 04:04 PM
Grim reaper is my main and champion right now.
I do not have CR eddie yet so i cant have him as main eddie :p
And grim reaper takes a whole lot of shards to max, so i can take the hit for tje community and max him and let others try him out.
His skills look awesome :)

GreyMouser
10-30-2016, 04:11 PM
Awesome. I will give him go.

Gun for a CR Eddie if you can. He is the best I've played with including some really great troopers of all varieties.

PsychoEddie
10-30-2016, 04:19 PM
Awesome. I will give him go.

Gun for a CR Eddie if you can. He is the best I've played with including some really great troopers of all varieties.

That's good to hear....he's on of the many things I've gotten in this event so far so I'll level him up.

Browno
10-30-2016, 10:39 PM
Consistently do around 60-80k dmg on last stage on a matter of life and death on madness, with pdk buff and corrupt general debuff/normal attack. Hits about 15-20k on each enemy with his future main attack.

Ezz
10-31-2016, 04:25 AM
I have CR and SoL eddies both at 100 and now I have grim reaper. I feel like I like grim reaper best of those 3 magus. None of his moves are a throw away like some of the others. And fury reviving all allies is good stuff. I am considering using my 9 banked skill shards on him.

osiris0000
10-31-2016, 11:37 AM
What do you guys using for talisman set for him? I am considering to set him with 4 holy + 2 shock talismans. Any ideas & experience?

Browno
10-31-2016, 11:41 AM
What do you guys using for talisman set for him? I am considering to set him with 4 holy + 2 shock talismans. Any ideas & experience?
Im running 6 holy at the moment. Works great so far. His self heal is pretty decent too.

Dutch
10-31-2016, 11:52 AM

Same here, 6 holy talis seems to do decent damage especially the cleave

aur0ra85
10-31-2016, 01:32 PM
I almost always run a pair of green talismans on every character to get their health at or above 20kish. I know it nerfs them, but at least they can take a hit. I'm running a pair of shock, 2 Ascension ward, and a pair of paladin. He hits decent, better than CR. I can't wait to max out my Wickerman tho as I'm expecting him to be a beast.

Ancient Mariner
10-31-2016, 01:53 PM
I often read people planning to use shock talismans on Eddies, but what does "shock" exactly do?

Ringe666-7406
10-31-2016, 02:20 PM
I often read people planning to use shock talismans on Eddies, but what does "shock" exactly do?

A small magic burn and probability to block gaining power points :D

GreyMouser
10-31-2016, 02:59 PM
I think my biggest knock on this toon is no "free AoE" hits and every other AoE is essentially the same, and cost pts. Also no party healing.

Ringe666-7406
10-31-2016, 03:56 PM
I think my biggest knock on this toon is no "free AoE" hits and every other AoE is essentially the same, and cost pts. Also no party healing.

There is free one in the Past, plus it might give you extra turns...

Browno
10-31-2016, 04:07 PM
Cleave in future is free aoe also.
The skill that cost 5 power drains hp for all team.

MuadDib-7367
10-31-2016, 04:26 PM
I'm also considering whether a singe set of Penetrating talisman might be useful here.

Wigwam
10-31-2016, 05:26 PM
I could see 40K in that scenario. I guess for such a rare character, I was hoping for him to be my #1. I've still yet to find anything that can knock off a good CR Eddie.

I could NOT.

I have been using CR Eddie since almost beginning. Got Grim Reaper Eddie from the update's achievements and... I am quite shocked... To be honest I am disappointed and feel like I had invested mine shards in wrong character.

1. I have put already 18 skill shards
2. I use 4* 50 lev Holy Talisman + 2*Health talisman 50 lev. Without life supplement he dies when autofarming Halloween location. (CR Eddie was not dying)
3. His main attack (Slash) does to FOTH Eddie funny dmg like 4*900 HP, such a shit. Auto uses it a lot - it's useless.
4. I have Allied Soldier, FDK and Axis Warrior Bomber.

Conclusion: as for now, CR Eddie does better. If the spell vamp is fixed in new patch and they do something with main attack - maybe it will be worth to invest in new Eddie - but as for now - if I were you - I would not do that.
I just not see the difference worth investing.

Ancient Mariner
10-31-2016, 05:29 PM
A small magic burn and probability to block gaining power points :D

ah ok thank you!

Arcturus
10-31-2016, 05:57 PM
I could NOT.

I have been using CR Eddie since almost beginning. Got Grim Reaper Eddie from the update's achievements and... I am quite shocked... To be honest I am disappointed and feel like I had invested mine shards in wrong character.

2. I use 4* 50 lev Holy Talisman + 2*Health talisman 50 lev. Without life supplement he dies when autofarming Halloween location. (CR Eddie was not dying)
3. His main attack (Slash) does to FOTH Eddie funny dmg like 4*900 HP, such a shit. Auto uses it a lot - it's useless.

Conclusion: as for now, CR Eddie does better. If the spell vamp is fixed in new patch and they do something with main attack - maybe it will be worth to invest in new Eddie - but as for now - if I were you - I would not do that.

I don't know, he farms pretty well for me with no skill shards. What are your other magic damage toons doing against FotD Eddie? He's got over 1400 magic resist on Madness. For me he hits 3x >1000, plus there's the chance to trigger again. My other guys do much more damage, but they're both true damage types. GR hit Beelzebub for 3x >2500

Wigwam
10-31-2016, 06:24 PM
I don't know, he farms pretty well for me with no skill shards. What are your other magic damage toons doing against FotD Eddie? He's got over 1400 magic resist on Madness. For me he hits 3x >1000, plus there's the chance to trigger again. My other guys do much more damage, but they're both true damage types. GR hit Beelzebub for 3x >2500

I'm not saying he's bad. He is nice Magus type. But if you put 6 holy talismans you expect damage. And in my opinion CR with his stat breaking fury skill makes it better and it is not worth to invest in new similar Eddie. But it is my opinion. Or do I do sth wrong?

(I play always with Allied Soldiers - maxed skill + freeze talisman set 50 lev) and second party member is changable - PDK / Axis Warrior / Trooper from my 50 troopers :)

Ancient Mariner
10-31-2016, 06:39 PM
Well the Grim Reaper Eddie is cool and has nice abilities, but i think CR Eddie is better

hold
10-31-2016, 06:43 PM
And in my opinion CR with his stat breaking fury skill makes it better and it is not worth to invest in new similar Eddie. But it is my opinion ...

I 2nd this. CR is also the better option if you look at the Skill Shards. You max him out with 13 Skill Shards and the go exactly there where needed:

- Scythe
- Torch (with that he survives forever)
- Preserve (heals all party and increases effect duration
- Black Embrace (Fury) ... once that is triggered you basically finish every enemy party (except the Beast) within two rounds ...

I put two health talismans (ward) on him and 4 holy - all maxed out ... he does decent damage and survives a very heavy onslaught of sentinel characters as well ...

Grim Reaper looks cooler though (especially the fury - but the one of FotD Eddy is pretty awesome too - I really love the new graphics ... ) ... :)

Nicko
10-31-2016, 06:44 PM
CRs ability to remove beneficial effects (ex Trolls) and heal the party still make him the more useful Eddie IMO

Grim Reaper is a skillshard sponge!

Still, visuals are great and fun to have something new.

GreyMouser
10-31-2016, 06:44 PM
There is free one in the Past, plus it might give you extra turns...

Yep. I should have been more specific. That AoE hits MUCh softer than the CR AoE.

Browno
10-31-2016, 06:45 PM

I'm not saying he's bad. He is nice Magus type. But if you put 6 holy talismans you expect damage. And in my opinion CR with his stat breaking fury skill makes it better and it is not worth to invest in new similar Eddie. But it is my opinion. Or do I do sth wrong?

(I play always with Allied Soldiers - maxed skill + freeze talisman set 50 lev) and second party member is changable - PDK / Axis Warrior / Trooper from my 50 troopers :)

Compare basic attacks on CR and GR when buffed with magic charge. GR eddies bread and butter attack is future attack cleave. That hit mobs like a truck when charged. I farm with pdk, corrupt general and GR. General has 6 maxed freeze talis. He also debuff and lower mr of mobs with his standard attack. Pdk uses magic charge and then i use cleave with GR. My team auto game of death on madness.
Grim reaper has 6 maxed holy talis.

GreyMouser
10-31-2016, 06:47 PM
I could NOT.

+1. YES!! 100% agree. Kicking myself for investing in this toon.

Arcturus
10-31-2016, 07:24 PM

You have some good points. I definitely like CR's fury better (well, I like the graphics of GR's better, but that's a different story). And I do like the MR down on CR too. And the fact that he's got awesome heals. They're both fun toons.

I guess my main point was complaining about magic damage dealt to a sentinel with a ton of MR.

Also, did you say GR died faster than CR? GR has more HP, a lot more def, and only a little less MR, so that's surprising.

Ringe666-7406
10-31-2016, 07:29 PM
Yep. I should have been more specific. That AoE hits MUCh softer than the CR AoE.

What I did is paired him with Axis Commander (lower MR - enhance damage) AND Warrior Axis bomber. Why is this important? First of all, 25% more to trigger extra turn on Horrow (Past ability), and I managed to achieve up to 10 extra turns (raw estimate, wasn't counting but really a lot). Second, Axis bomber applies marks on targets, and now when that bug with them healing the enemy is fixed, I noticed that they are consumed the number of times that equals the number of hits, meaning Horrow (or Assassin Golden son's hit, just to help you understand) will make more additional damage from Marks then Scythe or CR's Past AoE attack, can't remember the name... So with no Skill shards on Horrow, with four Holy, one Health ward and one Freeze, I think I really get admirable damage and number of turns. Plus, he fills Fury meter in like 4-5 hits. I really am a huge fan of CR (although I don't have one, but troopers helped me a lot), but I think that GR can be as good as him, in some other ways :D My humble opinion

GreyMouser
10-31-2016, 07:33 PM
Debuff fury and AoE that offers negative effects at ZERO cost make CR the clear champ imo. However, the GR is cool visually. Again, I'm just bummed that a rare chatter like this isn't supremely bad ass.

Ringe666-7406
10-31-2016, 07:45 PM
Debuff fury and AoE that offers negative effects at ZERO cost make CR the clear champ imo. However, the GR is cool visually. Again, I'm just bummed that a rare chatter like this isn't supremely bad ass.

You see, he ain't rare at all... Everyone can get him if they achieve whatever it was to do, idk, I did that earlier so I just claimed him without looking... So, in fact, he is more common than half of other Eddies :D You do not depend on luck, he waits for you no matter what

Browno
10-31-2016, 07:57 PM
Having had a better and more in depth look at CR he seem to have better support skills which is good.
Not having CR im going to level GR all the way so i can let troopers have him :)
He is still my lovechild in lotb. GR is the first magus char i like the look of, and his skills too.

GreyMouser
10-31-2016, 08:11 PM
You see, he ain't rare at all... Everyone can get him if they achieve whatever it was to do, idk, I did that earlier so I just claimed him without looking... So, in fact, he is more common than half of other Eddies :D You do not depend on luck, he waits for you no matter what

HAHAHA!! Yep. Once again I stand corrected. No joke, a funny and well thought out point here.

Ringe666-7406
10-31-2016, 08:17 PM
HAHAHA!! Yep. Once again I stand corrected. No joke, a funny and well thought out point here.

No problem :D But that makes arena a bit less interesting even now, before it even started... 80% of the players will take him, so you'll have to rely on your allies, or other Eddies :D But on the other side, they can only rely on him, and that's the point where they are doomed :D I am so happy I upgraded Mummy right now :D

Wigwam
11-01-2016, 11:54 AM
You have some good points. I definitely like CR's fury better (well, I like the graphics of GR's better, but that's a different story). And I do like the MR down on CR too. And the fact that he's got awesome heals. They're both fun toons.

I guess my main point was complaining about magic damage dealt to a sentinel with a ton of MR.

Also, did you say GR died faster than CR? GR has more HP, a lot more def, and only a little less MR, so that's surprising.

You are right, but in auto mode CR uses torch a lot, dealing tones of damage and healing himself constantly whereas GR Eddie does not use healing enough. If autoplay is switched off and I am the one leading - of course I can do a lot of dmg. Axis warrior passive focus + charge from pdk plus Slash of GR and his trigger cuts through Belzeebub like through warm butter :)

Compare basic attacks on CR and GR when buffed with magic charge. GR eddies bread and butter attack is future attack cleave. That hit mobs like a truck when charged. I farm with pdk, corrupt general and GR. General has 6 maxed freeze talis. He also debuff and lower mr of mobs with his standard attack. Pdk uses magic charge and then i use cleave with GR. My team auto game of death on madness.
Grim reaper has 6 maxed holy talis.

What do you mean by future attack cleave ? Will there be some changes ? During autofarming mine Eddie doesn't use cleave at all :(

PS. My team with GR also auto farms game of death maddnes but with CR does it faster. I will try to max GR in time with shards and will see the difference. Right now 19 shards.

Wigwam
11-01-2016, 12:05 PM
I'm also considering whether a singe set of Penetrating talisman might be useful here.

HM. Imho interesting idea. Has anybody used him with set of Penetrating talismans? Are they worth sth ?

Nekroliun
11-02-2016, 02:45 PM
First of all, im assuming this is dance of death eddie, if i am right then cool

Second of all, how good is he? Should i quit maxing soldier for the guy?

Third of all, im not gonna read through all of the comments people left telling if hes good.

Whatever comes after third of all, thx in advance

GreyMouser
11-02-2016, 03:40 PM
I wouldn't think about it Nekro. Cool toon, but lame consistent damage. He CAN possibly do big damage, but it's still not consistently great. He's rather disappointing IMO. Others will disagree, but just not enough there to take over others.

Nekroliun
11-02-2016, 04:33 PM
Damn...

Did they really have to make a mediocre eddie out of my fav song... the answer is yes

Vertax616
11-02-2016, 08:27 PM
Damn...

Did they really have to make a mediocre eddie out of my fav song... the answer is yes
Sure he is not god-tier, but to be fair he is not mediocre too. He has some good skills and extra turn chances with fairly nice damage. Also he is the coolest looking Eddie right now imo. Right now I am experimenting with him to find strategies. Overall a nice Eddie for veterans players...

Ringe666-7406
11-02-2016, 10:35 PM
Sure he is not god-tier, but to be fair he is not mediocre too. He has some good skills and extra turn chances with fairly nice damage. Also he is the coolest looking Eddie right now imo. Right now I am experimenting with him to find strategies. Overall a nice Eddie for veterans players...

Finally someone normal :D +1 \m/

Vertax616
11-03-2016, 07:42 PM
Finally someone normal :D +1 \m/

Reeb99
11-05-2016, 11:18 AM
This Eddie isn't bad at all. I just used him @ level 76 to beat up on the Blood Brothers / madness for 3 skulls first try. Of course it probably helps that I brought a L100 Alliance General and Wicker Man along. He's better on auto farm than Speed of Light Eddie as well. I can understand why CR Eddie owners are disappointed, but GRE is a free character just like soldier Eddie. Just keep that in mind. I'm just glad to finally have an Eddie with revive capability without having to borrow a Pharoah Eddie.

Lord Schmeb
11-05-2016, 03:00 PM
This Eddie isn't bad at all. I just used him @ level 76 to beat up on the Blood Brothers / madness for 3 skulls first try. Of course it probably helps that I brought a L100 Alliance General and Wicker Man along. He's better on auto farm than Speed of Light Eddie as well. I can understand why CR Eddie owners are disappointed, but GRE is a free character just like soldier Eddie. Just keep that in mind. I'm just glad to finally have an Eddie with revive capability without having to borrow a Pharoah Eddie.

Agreed on your last point. Finally got to retire my worthless Warewolf; ugh, he's the shits.

I love GR and on my first try at The Beast on Maddness with him, I cleared it for the first time w/out a revive. That pleases me greatly!

Ddrak
11-07-2016, 09:47 PM
An overall good Eddie, good damage and very cool looking, but Carriage Rider is better, more complete and with a better survivability.
GR's fury is wonderful if you have some fallen ally, but that doesn't happen very often.

Nekroliun
11-08-2016, 03:03 PM

I can agree with that...

I got 4 extra turns in a row using his self heal with chance for extra turn... and i guess hes is better than mediocre eddies (RTTH)

Also, i agree, he looks sick

osiris0000
11-08-2016, 03:32 PM
When i pair him with my 5* red and blue bats, they look like a very evil team coming from hell. Grim reaper with 2 demons.

Nekroliun
11-08-2016, 03:43 PM
When i pair him with my 5* red and blue bats, they look like a very evil team coming from hell. Grim reaper with 2 demons.

Grim reaper with 2 soulles demons maybe?

Ringe666-7406
11-08-2016, 04:14 PM
I can agree with that...

I got 4 extra turns in a row using his self heal with chance for extra turn... and i guess hes is better than mediocre eddies (RTTH)

Also, i agree, he looks sick

Pair him with axis bomber warrior and enjoy :D I think I went over ten extra turns few times while he was still weak :D

osiris0000
11-08-2016, 06:34 PM
Grim reaper with 2 soulles demons maybe?

Well, thats interesting. I don't think soulless demons look like demons, They more look like a Undead Hunter got surgery operation with burning New clothes. And Undead Hunters look like a Undead Soldier got hit by a truck. And those killer angels look more demon than anything. Those killers are pretty good looking together with Grim Reaper Eddie :cool:

Nekroliun
11-08-2016, 07:33 PM
Well, thats interesting. I don't think soulless demons look like demons, They more look like a Undead Hunter got surgery operation with burning New clothes. And Undead Hunters look like a Undead Soldier got hit by a truck. And those killer angels look more demon than anything. Those killers are pretty good looking together with Grim Reaper Eddie :cool:

Yeah but between all of the chars out there... you had to choose the one named "angel" to be a demon... the irony is over 9000...

Maybe some undead/ghoulish chars?

Heavy1974
11-09-2016, 08:26 AM
working on new talisman strategy for this one. Instead of 6 holy i put 4 holy and 2 yellow boost bullwark on him.
gives more power to special and more HP. gonna mx them all out and see what happens...

Vertax616
11-09-2016, 08:48 AM
Devs gave a sick wallpaper of this Eddie from Facebook. I will share incase you miss... https://m.facebook.com/IronMaidenLegacyoftheBeast/photos/a.898858930244483.1073741828.814574058672971/1068444789952562/?type=3&source=48

Kardas
11-13-2016, 10:33 AM
That is indeed a rather nice wallpaper.
I've started using Reaper in my auto team, alongside blue allied soldier for a shield and Assassin Mine for heals. Does fine on Game of Death Madness so far, and I haven't even Skill Sharded the Reaper. The revive function in his Fury helps prevent unfortunate occurrences.

working on new talisman strategy for this one. Instead of 6 holy i put 4 holy and 2 yellow boost bullwark on him.
gives more power to special and more HP. gonna mx them all out and see what happens...

Sounds worthwhile. His SPECIAL is pretty high already. Kind of like the blue counterpart to Soldier Eddie's usual Talisman set.

Considering he has so many multi-hit attacks though, it may be useful to swap one Holy set out for a Shock or Penetrating set. Thoughts?

osiris0000
11-13-2016, 12:10 PM
I've started using Reaper in my auto team, alongside blue allied soldier for a shield and Assassin Mine for heals. Does fine on Game of Death Madness so far, and I haven't even Skill Sharded the Reaper. The revive function in his Fury helps prevent unfortunate occurrences.

Sounds worthwhile. His SPECIAL is pretty high already. Kind of like the blue counterpart to Soldier Eddie's usual Talisman set.

Considering he has so many multi-hit attacks though, it may be useful to swap one Holy set out for a Shock or Penetrating set. Thoughts?

I have put 2 x Shock + 4 x Holy set on him. Haven't tested manually for Shock, but on auto he hits very hard and survives. I don't like to boost HP (unless fighting against a troll wave), mostly prefer full damage build. Btw, 2 x boost bulwark also sound interesting. Worth to try.

MuadDib-7367
11-13-2016, 01:40 PM

I have 2 penetrating on mine and haven't invested skill shards (yet) and he hits nicely. If penetrating works as advertised and ignores MR that IMO is better than the 15% magic buff, especially against those higher level characters that seem to be full of MR.

Vertax616
11-13-2016, 08:01 PM
Hi all! So I noticed something with the main attack. It hits much less than it should hit. But if extra turn triggers, then it hits like normal. For exemple, at first the damage main attack dealt was 1300~each time against red soulless demon, after extra turn it hit with 2950~each time. Has anybody else experience this?

Ringe666-7406
11-13-2016, 10:11 PM
Hi all! So I noticed something with the main attack. It hits much less than it should hit. But if extra turn triggers, then it hits like normal. For exemple, at first the damage main attack dealt was 1300~each time against red soulless demon, after extra turn it hit with 2950~each time. Has anybody else experience this?

I did... Seems logical to me... If you get one turn, you get big damage... However, if you get 2-3 turns, you get less damage, but it strikes again... Fair enough :)

slauki
11-13-2016, 11:10 PM

same here, the first hit is always pretty week, the second and third do much higher damage, for no reason. something seems buggy there, but not sure what it is.

Browno
11-14-2016, 02:44 AM
Yep seem bugged. First attack is 3 hits around 600 while following could be 1500-2k each hit

Reeb99
11-14-2016, 04:15 AM
Now that others have mentioned it, I'm seeing it also. Strange.

Kardas
11-14-2016, 01:45 PM
I was going to give him 2 yellow Talismans until I realized I have only one Bulwark Warp Talisman

I could kick myself right now. Guess I have to wait for Brave New World or something

Nekroliun
01-03-2017, 05:15 PM
Which is better? This or soldier? My team (which i assume everyone knows) is the nomad and alliance general (i also have red cotd)

And i dunno really what talismans to give this dude... any help for a poor old nekro?

Vertax616
01-03-2017, 05:48 PM
Which is better? This or soldier? My team (which i assume everyone knows) is the nomad and alliance general (i also have red cotd)

And i dunno really what talismans to give this dude... any help for a poor old nekro?
I equip him with 2 health ward and 4 holy talismans (2 arcane/2 power) I slowly upgrade him with skill shards, only 9 left!
Soldier was my main before him.

I chose GR because I like his abilities and the way he looks is awesome imo. He has different type of attacks, one of his basics (Cleave) is AoE and his main attack (Slash) is for one enemy and these attacks can hit very hard and cost 0 power, so he is more diverse than Soldier I say. Either Eddie is great.

thealchemist
06-01-2017, 10:13 AM
Has anyone experienced in PVP an opponent GRE performing SLASH attack 4 times straight? I calculated the odds of that happening to be 1.5%, not out of the realms of possibility but highly unlikely you would think. But it's happened about 3 separate times today in PVP of out maybe 12 PVP battles. Mine struggles to reset once in either story mode or PVP... Am I just that unlucky? Sometimes I think this game hates me... :confused::(

Tritium
06-01-2017, 04:36 PM
Has anyone experienced in PVP an opponent GRE performing SLASH attack 4 times straight? I calculated the odds of that happening to be 1.5%, not out of the realms of possibility but highly unlikely you would think. But it's happened about 3 separate times today in PVP of out maybe 12 PVP battles. Mine struggles to reset once in either story mode or PVP... Am I just that unlucky? Sometimes I think this game hates me... :confused::(

Slash can only proc up to 3 times in a row. When you see GRE attack 4 times in one turn, he is likely using Horrow first, proccing an extra turn, and then using Slash for the maximum 3 times total. That would make him attack 4 times in one turn. It's possible, but doesn't happen too often in my experience.

BonFire
06-02-2017, 05:30 AM
This guy is a royal pain in the ass to deal with. Seems the times he attacks 4 times to me are the times I could actually win a match until he takes out my harpy and I'm left with two characters. I usually can survive without my Eddie, but the harpy is the one he aims for with 4 attacks.

Enti
06-02-2017, 09:17 AM
This guy is a royal pain in the ass to deal with. Seems the times he attacks 4 times to me are the times I could actually win a match until he takes out my harpy and I'm left with two characters. I usually can survive without my Eddie, but the harpy is the one he aims for with 4 attacks.

A sentinel team is great against GRE defenses as he can kill 1 or even 2 warrior enemies within one turn. Unless GRE is paired up with warrior allies with strike talismans :D In that case I'd suggest GCR for revive and endure

Fudjo
06-02-2017, 06:45 PM

Shell talismans kill Grim Reaper Eddie dead. Just about every Grim Reaper build is a glass cannon. He bounces off of the Shell talismans (and high HP Sentinel characters) and then gets crushed.

But yeah, I've seen teams involving a Grim Reaper, a Nomad, and a Red Bat, and they'll vaporize a couple of your toons if they go first if you're not prepared.

HeadOnFire
08-06-2017, 01:44 AM
EDIT: This build has been rendered useless by the recent change to energy talismans. They used to be able to steal power from every target they hit, now they can only steal power from one target at a time.

Has anyone else considered building Reaper Eddie for anything other than pure damage? (I only read half this thread, so sorry if that was already answered. Anyway, I mostly use my Grim Reaper as a support character in the arena, with an Energy set and a Freezing set. I mostly use Horrow (his AOE attack that can heal himself and gain an extra turn). This almost always gives him a heal, since it's a 50% chance for all 3 hits, and usually steals 3-6 power. The chance to freeze enemies coupled with the chance for an extra turn makes for some truly powerful, if inconsistent, crowd control. Anyway, I use those power steals and extra turns to use high-cost abilities (such as The Nomad's Mirage and and The Prisoner's Chain) in the same turn. Since I recently acquired a (gunner) Golden Son, who can give my harder-hitting allies an extra turn for just 5 power, I usually end up stunning, freezing, or killing half the opposing team in a single turn, with half my own team being invisible more than half the time.

I think glass cannon Grim Reaper is probably better for cosmos and time rift battles. But in the arena, I go with the high-health, power stealing Reaper Eddie >:D

fred
04-22-2020, 02:34 PM
I just noticed that Grim Reaper Eddie is mentioned as awakenable on the compendium, but so far in the game it is not.

http://www.news.maiden-lotb.com/n3/character-en/?wpv-awakenable-characters%5B%5D=awakenable&wpv_view_count=4908

Any thoughts?

IronMaster
04-22-2020, 02:37 PM
I just noticed that Grim Reaper Eddie is mentioned as awakenable on the compendium, but so far in the game it is not.

http://www.news.maiden-lotb.com/n3/character-en/?wpv-awakenable-characters%5B%5D=awakenable&wpv_view_count=4908

Any thoughts?

Grim Reaper and Icarus are the next ;)

fred
04-22-2020, 03:40 PM
Very good, let's see what they will bring us!

When can we expect this change?