PDA

View Full Version : Fear of the Dark Eddie (Sentinel Type)

Sparton_LOTB
10-28-2016, 03:53 AM

FURY

Draining Growth
Deals physical damage to all enemies.
Heal all allies.
Damage dealt increases based on your DEF.
Heal amount is based on the number of negative effects on all enemies.
LV 2/3/4 DMG+ 10/15/20%

BASIC SKILLS

Preying Claw
Deals physical damage to a single target.
Blind for 2 turns.
Accuracy Down if enemy is below 50% HP.
LV 2/3/4 DMG+ 5/10/15%

Steal Breath
Deals physical damage to a single target.
25% Chance to Silence for 2 turns.
100% Chance to Silence if enemy is below 50% HP.
LV 2/3/4 DMG+ 10/15/20%

Desiccate
40% Chance to Lower ATK and MAGIC for 2 turns.
LV 2/4 DMG+ 10/25%
LV 3 Effect Chance +10%

POWER SKILLS

Purging Shriek
30% Chance to Remove Beneficial Effects.
Guarantees Remove Beneficial Effects if enemy is below 50% HP.
LV 2/3/4 DMG+ 10/15/20%

Temporize
Extends Duration of Negative Effects on enemies by 1 turn.
Extend duration by 2 turns instead of 1 turn for enemies below 50% HP.

Spread Terror
Inflicts Perfect Corruption for 2 turns.
25% Chance for an Extra Turn.
Perfect Corruption blocks all beneficial effects and cannot be cleansed or transferred.

TALISMAN SLOTS

3 Open / 2 Sentinel / 1 Warrior

vgta99
10-28-2016, 07:44 AM
Humm, maybe that will be the most powerfull of Sentinel Eddies... :rolleyes:
Great skills!

slauki
10-28-2016, 08:21 AM
wow interesting skills, definetly some interesting new tactical opportunity arises...nice

Ancient Mariner
10-28-2016, 10:19 AM
that's nice! :)

Ringe666-7406
10-28-2016, 11:21 AM
Jeezus Nice :3

eddiejose
10-28-2016, 11:46 AM
I'm starting to save Sentinel Souls...

Kardas
10-28-2016, 11:46 AM
The first physically based Sentinel Eddie. Very interesting. Will probably be a lot of fun in combination with the Alliance General

Some of the move names reminds me of an interview of Melvyn Grant (the artist behind FotD Eddie). Seems he had an interesting dream while he was painting the cover.
You can see it here: http://www.melgrant.com/interview3-index01.html

BillLion
10-28-2016, 11:47 AM
This is fantastic!!

Reeb99
10-28-2016, 01:47 PM
That skill set looks incredible! Looks like the perfect dungeon master Eddie for my physical damage team.

MuadDib-7367
10-28-2016, 02:15 PM
Looks like 4 iron and 2 Stone talisman for an attack build. Same as wickerman.

Fudjo
10-28-2016, 03:52 PM
Looks like 4 iron and 2 Stone talisman for an attack build. Same as wickerman.

Yeah, assuming I can snag one of these guys I can just lend my Wickerman's talismans to him for a test drive. :)

Frost
10-28-2016, 03:57 PM
Time to level up some Iron Talismans...

Reeb99
10-28-2016, 04:54 PM
I wonder if stone set was fixed or not. If it hasn't, there's no point in using them. I don't use them on my Wicker Man, because I'd rather have the health bonus than a broken +1 defence boost.

Fudjo
10-29-2016, 03:59 PM
Fear of the Dark is 4 stars out of the box. Here are his stats at 5-star, Level 100:

HP: 10938
ATK: 393
DEF: 931
MAGIC: 230
M. RESIST: 230
SPECIAL: 337

Qed
10-29-2016, 04:01 PM
I wonder if stone set was fixed or not. If it hasn't, there's no point in using them. I don't use them on my Wicker Man, because I'd rather have the health bonus than a broken +1 defence boost.

It is not.

Fudjo
10-29-2016, 05:21 PM
I just set my champion to Fear of the Dark so my Troopers can give him a test drive.

Satan81-5023

aur0ra85
10-29-2016, 05:27 PM
Still looking for this guy

hold
10-29-2016, 05:35 PM
Still looking for this guy

I got 2 ... I'd swap one for a sentinel pumpkin ...:p

I'm serious ...

A swapping bazar would be awesome ...

Or a feature that you can swap a higher star to any lower star of the same colour. in this case I could trade my second 4* FotD Eddie for a 3* sentinel pumpkin ...

Ancient Mariner
10-30-2016, 08:44 AM
What you guys think is the best talisman set for him?

Most of his abilities increase with DEF, but i'm wondering if they scale with the mere character's DEF parameter, or with the max DEF points (included the talismans contribution), because depending on this i'll decide whether giving him only red fierce talismans to significantly increase the defense, or putting also some safeguard ones in case talismans DEF points won't increase the effectiveness of his attacks (and in that case i'd prefer to boost also his magic resistence)

iPoop
10-30-2016, 11:58 AM
I just set my champion to Fear of the Dark so my Troopers can give him a test drive.

Satan81-5023

Sent you a trooper request Fudjo.

Fudjo
10-30-2016, 10:16 PM
Sent you a trooper request Fudjo.

What's your in-game name? I got a few requests at once, but I'd be happy to add you.

eddiejose
10-30-2016, 11:02 PM

Satan81-5023

I sent you a request :)

Croxx
11-06-2016, 12:26 PM

Satan81-5023

Sent you a request as well It's Croxx-7312

osiris0000
11-09-2016, 12:39 PM
He makes the Magus Dungeon level 10 like a cakewalk even on autofarm. Most of the time LOL can't use his annoying ghost. And sometimes FOTD Eddie even kills him in the middle of the ghost ability. Perfect Magus killer!

Luxsuperior
11-10-2016, 11:57 AM
I have one, but until i get it to full lvl 100 i don't see the point to use it.

it has nice skills, but i'm not comfortable with the runes set i have on it, 2 burning talismans and 4 health runes, stripped from my other eddies, but until i level more talismans to 5* i can't see a true potential in this eddie to burst magus or other chars, except for a huge amount of hp and the debuffing skills.
Being better than grim reaper eddie is very hard...

Browno
11-10-2016, 12:15 PM
This is a debuffer and healer when fury is active. Not a burst character. It is worth to have him in every team for debuffing i believe.

Esquatcho
11-10-2016, 12:48 PM
Anyone try him with a set of rush (will) talismans on him?

Im thinking with those, on that def score, he'd be unleashing a fury every round pretty much! And that not only means huge AoE damage, but every player healed almost fully every single round....

Ancient Mariner
11-10-2016, 01:10 PM
I've read somewhere people saying to be thinking about putting yellow talismans to icrease the fury's damage, but if i'm not mistaken it only makes you gain more fury points for each turn, right?

osiris0000
11-10-2016, 01:53 PM
I've read somewhere people saying to be thinking about putting yellow talismans to icrease the fury's damage, but if i'm not mistaken it only makes you gain more fury points for each turn, right?

Good point. I guess it just helps for gaining more fury points for each turn, unless the char's Fury scaled with Special.
Because some of Eddie's furies scales with physical attack or magic. But i am not completely sure since i haven't tested it. It's worth to test.

Esquatcho
11-11-2016, 12:42 AM

Yes, only increases fury - Unless the damage of the fury specifically scales with special skill. In which case, the yellows can increase the damage (eg Soldier Eddie).

Browno
11-11-2016, 06:20 AM
I tried him with a set of fury and i was not impressed. His damage was nerfed by 1k and the fury went off in about 3 turns.

Reeb99
11-11-2016, 06:44 AM
One of my Troopers has him set up with 2 stone overwhelming and 4 iron fierce (all maxed). Was impressive enough to make me wish I had one to replace my soldier Eddie. Worked really well with Alliance General and Wicker Man.

Fudjo
11-12-2016, 06:13 AM
I'm definitely liking Purging Shriek and Spread Terror. They're fantastic in the Lord of Light missions.

I've also found that I get good use out of every ability except Temporize, and I've even used that one in a pinch or two.

osiris0000
11-13-2016, 12:45 PM
Now i am trying him at Gunner Dungeon Level - 10. Which is toughest one as everyone agrees.

He is amazing even on autoplay against Gunner Lord of Light - Aka Lord of the GODLY BUFFS. It's very fun to see that Lord of Light can't use his steals and annoying 2-turn invincibility most of the time. FOTD have the nastiest debuffs in the game as i have seen so far.

Maybe there is a meaning with the way they build Fear of the "Dark" Eddie, it is best Eddie against Lord of "Light"s in my opinion. "Darkness" wins "Light" here. He is the perfect solution for Dungeons. FOTD may seem little squishy from start, but i am sure he will be your favourite Eddie especially when you play on Dungeons. Just try and see.

decakizvode
11-13-2016, 01:02 PM
Hi friends

Need help ... how to get all 3 set effects

I set
- 2 Burning Talismans - (skilled) 1 set effect
- 2 Burning Talismans - (safeguard) 1 set effect
- 2 Energy Talismans - (ward) doesnt give me effect i try all green combination ... this what i need help who to get third effect ?

Ty very much

osiris0000
11-13-2016, 01:11 PM
Hi friends

Need help ... how to get all 3 set effects

I set
- 2 Burning Talismans - (skilled) 1 set effect
- 2 Burning Talismans - (safeguard) 1 set effect
- 2 Energy Talismans - (ward) doesnt give me effect i try all green combination ... this what i need help who to get third effect ?

Ty very much

Where do you put them? On Fear Of The Dark Eddie? If so, i suggest you to put some Iron & Guardian Fierce + Stone Overwhelming sets to get most of his damage.

Btw, you need 3 set of Energy Talisman to have the effect "chance". Effect of talismans "have a chance to trigger" if you land a "Perfect Attack" with your basic move.
For energy talisman : "%45 chance to trigger on Perfect Attacks".
For burning talisman : "%35 chance to trigger on Perfect Attacks".

If you are a newbie to game, i suggest you to study talisman effects and character skills before spending your valuable resources.

Those threads are bread-and-butter for you. Take a look:

About Talismans:

http://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?449-Talisman-Illustrated-Guide

About Characters:

http://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?1103-Compilation-of-maximized-characters

Good luck!

decakizvode
11-13-2016, 01:29 PM
yes im on - Fear Of The Dark Eddie all five stars

have 2 slots green

have on 1 slot red

and 3 open

and i put on tham like i write ...

I look it on forums links you send me if you have some suggest please and welcome to tell me ...

Thank you very much
My name on game is RoCk-1866 everyday and night player 66 level ;)

FilipMurray
11-13-2016, 07:54 PM
I just hope that I will get him soon.
I've opened around 20 rare souls for Halloween event *(with higher chance for him)* and still nothing! :(

Ancient Mariner
11-14-2016, 10:46 PM
Ok so for once i wanted to directly test if it is more important - in order to get more damage - to increase DEF, which FOTD Eddie's abilities are based on, or the ATT parameter.
To do so, i upgraded to the max 2 Iron talismans and interchanged them with the 2 Guardian talismans i already had in my set.

The result is that i got more damage with 4x Guardian talismans, than with 2x Guardian talismans + 2x Iron talismans.

This means that ATT is more important than DEF in the end.

Wasted some evo runes for this test, but at least now i know what's the better set up: the 20% ATT bonus given by guardian talismans is better than the Iron's 15% to DEF (of course, all of this considering that even if it doesn't appear in the DEF bonuses, it still applies like i've read somewhere)

Esquatcho
11-15-2016, 05:22 AM
Ok so for once i wanted to directly test if it is more important - in order to get more damage - to increase DEF, which FOTD Eddie's abilities are based on, or the ATT parameter.
To do so, i upgraded to the max 2 Iron talismans and interchanged them with the 2 Guardian talismans i already had in my set.

The result is that i got more damage with 4x Guardian talismans, than with 2x Guardian talismans + 2x Iron talismans.

Wasted some evo runes for this test, but at least now i know what's the better set up: the 20% ATT bonus given by guardian talismans is better than the Iron's 15% to DEF (of course, all of this considering that even if it doesn't appear in the DEF bonuses, it still applies like i've read somewhere)

Nice! But yes, as you said, it could be that the irons are just bugged :(

I have the worst memory, but I though it was only stones that they said wasnt buggest, just the description was?

Still means you are better off with guardians for the time being.

MuadDib-7367
11-15-2016, 03:51 PM

At lvl 100 FotD Eddie has the following:

HP - 10938
ATK - 393
DEF - 931
MAGIC - 230
MR - 230
SPECIAL - 337

Using 3 Guardian (needed for guardian bonus) and 3 Iron build the bonus is as follows:

20% defense (186.20) + 15% defense for 2 iron (139.65) for a total bonus Defensive add of 325.85

Using Iron and Stone build the bonus is as follows:

15% defense (139.65) + 15% defense (139.65) + 1% HP (109.38) for a total bonus Defensive add of 388.68

I would expect the Iron and Stone build to be a bit stronger based upon bonuses.

Ancient Mariner
11-15-2016, 04:35 PM
Actually you only need 2 Iron/Guardian talismans to get the bonus, not 3... and the 20% Guardian's bonus goes to ATT (it is only calculated on DEF).

My reasoning was all about getting the max damage though: of course if you set 2 iron talismans you will get more defense, but the damage dealt will be lower, so that means that the ATT parameter affects the damage more than the DEF does, even though the abilities' damage scales with DEF

MuadDib-7367
11-15-2016, 04:56 PM
Actually you only need 2 Iron/Guardian talismans to get the bonus, not 3... and the 20% Guardian's bonus goes to ATT (it is only calculated on DEF).

My reasoning was all about getting the max damage though: of course if you set 2 iron talismans you will get more defense, but the damage dealt will be lower, so that means that the ATT parameter affects the damage more than the DEF does, even though the abilities' damage scales with DEF

Ah, I see what what you mean. Attack scaling adds more than Defense scaling. Wish the devs would be more clear on these things.

Esquatcho
11-15-2016, 11:47 PM
Ah, I see what what you mean. Attack scaling adds more than Defense scaling. Wish the devs would be more clear on these things.

Well I think thats part of the plan, to get us to do our own testing to see what it scales more with. Personally, i dont mind a little of the 'unknown', it can be fun trying to work things out. But where you have scaling that isnt mentioned (in the damage type, or the description), then thats either a bug, or the description should be improved!

ShadowedLies
12-03-2016, 09:58 AM
To clarify with Draining Growth if there are no negative effects then it does not heal at all correct? Or have i been misinterrperating the description?

FilipMurray
12-26-2016, 07:03 AM
I've got him yesterday! :D

Cool dude!

Fudjo
01-06-2017, 07:29 PM
I tried the following talisman mix (all maxed at 50):

4x Iron (Fierce)
2x Stone (Overwhelming)

But it wasn't doing as much damage as:

4x Guardian (Fierce)
2x Stone (Overwhelming)

Has anyone else had the same experience?

Also, has anyone tried using Burning talismans to combo with the Fury heal?

Ancient Mariner
01-06-2017, 09:43 PM
I tried the following talisman mix (all maxed at 50):

4x Iron (Fierce)
2x Stone (Overwhelming)

But it wasn't doing as much damage as:

4x Guardian (Fierce)
2x Stone (Overwhelming)

Has anyone else had the same experience?

Also, has anyone tried using Burning talismans to combo with the Fury heal?

yeah time ago i noted the difference in damage points and wrote it here, probably just a few pages back.
If you mean to lead more damage, it's better to equip him with guardians rather than iron talismans

Fudjo
01-07-2017, 10:23 PM
Ok, thanks! I wanted to make sure I wasn't imagining things. :)

ShadowedLies
01-10-2017, 03:31 PM
Ughhh more talismans i have to upgrade! Sounds like my 2x iron 2x strength and 2x health isnt optimal!

Fudjo
01-10-2017, 07:40 PM
Ughhh more talismans i have to upgrade! Sounds like my 2x iron 2x strength and 2x health isnt optimal!

Not optimal, but still useful and you'll definitely want those talismans anyway for other characters. :)

ShadowedLies
01-11-2017, 03:09 PM
Not optimal, but still useful and you'll definitely want those talismans anyway for other characters. :)

My question though is does the stone augment actually work because it didnt seem to increase my stats the way it said it should, or is that increase not reflected on the stat page?

Arcturus
01-11-2017, 06:16 PM
My question though is does the stone augment actually work because it didnt seem to increase my stats the way it said it should, or is that increase not reflected on the stat page?

Just tested this with Pharaoh Eddie, whose basic attack scales with DEF (& max HP). On Game of Death (Madness), and making sure there were no buffs/debuffs on anyone):

with 2 stone overwhelming (displayed DEF boost = 684; displayed HP boost = 13622)
sentinel soulless demon - 3631 perfect
gunner CotD - 3631 perfect
warrior CotD - 2904 perfect

with 1 stone & 1 health overwhelming (displayed DEF boost = 684; displayed HP boost = 13622)
sentinel soulless demon - 3552 perfect
gunner CotD - 3552 perfect
warrior CotD - 2841 perfect

So it appears that the DEF boost of 1% of HP for Stone is working, but not displayed.

Now, just a little bit off topic, but just to post while I'm doing the test for Pharaoh Eddie, I did the same test with 2 health overwhelming (since that same attack should also scale with HP), but despite the HP boost going up to 15312 & DEF staying constant, there was no change in damage from the 1 Stone/1 Health.

Fudjo
06-24-2017, 03:27 PM
July 2017 Tuning:

http://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?6365

Purging Shriek:
Increased base trigger chance of Beneficial Effect Removal to 60%.
Increased DEF damage scaling.
Increased Power Cost from 5 to 6.

Preying Claw:

Spread Terror:
Increased base trigger chance of Extra Turn from 25% to 50%.

Dessicate:

Steal Breath:

Stormseye
08-16-2018, 04:34 PM
Always looking for interesting builds, started looking at this guy after the update. So many great debuffs that can play havoc on the current meta. Maybe with a set of Explosive Talismans and some energy. I just don't think he has a good damage output since it's boosted by DEF. Have seen a couple of people run him at lower levels so may play around with some stuff for next week. Someone to remove immunity as a setup, maybe Assassin Lillith and a blocker plus a damage dealer.