PDA

View Full Version : Game Update - October 28th 2016 (LIVE)

Pages : [1] 2

Sparton_LOTB
10-28-2016, 04:00 AM
New Eddies! New goals! More fixes!

All of these will be live in the new update that is coming very soon to the App Store/Google Play.

Limited Time Halloween Event

From the time the update is available for everyone until November 2nd, 2 PM PDT, a special Halloween Event is running!

Fight against new characters in a special location in the Ailing Kingdom for awesome prizes!
Earn up to 7 new characters from souls, with a limited time increased chance for the new Fear of the Dark Eddie!
Special offer packages available in the shop with a massive deal on souls, ironite, and more!

More details about the Halloween Event are in our Announcements section! (http://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?3337-Limited-Time-Halloween-Event-Running-until-November-2!)

Check out more on Fear of the Dark Eddie in his Character Discussions forum post (http://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?3160-Fear-of-the-Dark-Eddie-(Sentinel-Type)&p=19605#post19605).

New Feature: Daily Challenges and Achievements

Both of these new features are accessible from the main game HUB, from the Challenges button.

To help new players get into the habit of hitting all of the major components of the game, we’ve added a new Daily Challenges feature. Do simple tasks (such as power up characters, spend your Sands of Time, etc) to earn some gold or Ironite. Complete all of the daily challenges in a day and get even more Ironite!

For more long term players, we’ve added Achievements. This replaces the old milestone Rewards. It’s basically the same system but expanded with many more goals to achieve (and thus more rewards, too). Skill Shards, Rare Souls, Rare Gunner/Assassin Souls, and gobs and gobs of gold and Ironite are available to be earned. Work to earn the ultimate prize - Grim Reaper Eddie, a character exclusive to our Achievement system!!

Check out more on Grim Reaper Eddie in his Character Discussions forum post (http://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?3159-Grim-Reaper-Eddie-(Magus-Type)&p=19603#post19603).

General Tuning

We’ve also added a few more changes above and beyond the recent tuning update:

Reduced difficulty in last location of Underworld (Madness), Light Bringer Secret Location (Madness), and all Lord of Light dungeons (floors VII-X)
First time ironite rewards for Lord of Light dungeons adjusted to scale with difficulty

Character Tuning

Bug Fixes

The game is now compatible with Android N
Basic Souls drop in Ailing Kingdom Madness again
3 star talismans now drop in Ailing Kingdom (Madness) and Underworld (Madness)
Void Talismans now drop in Underworld (all difficulties)
Yellow and Purple XP Shards no longer being reported in Underworld drop info
The game should no longer freeze if a Golden Son (Magus) is stunned, dies and then revives
The game should no longer freeze if a player powers up a character with XP shards and then uses a Skill shard to upgrade the same character
Fixed visual errors that occurred when Samurai Eddie's and Corrupt General's special was used in Battlefield

New Known Issues

In some situations, Permadeath will not block revives or Ghost. We are working to rectify this!
A trooper's party cost will count towards your maximum party cost. We will return to the old logic where trooper's did not count towards the party cost
Lifesteal and spell vamp do not cause the attacker to heal. This will be fixed in a subsequent update

We hope you enjoy this update. Let us know what you think in the thread below!

Ezz
10-28-2016, 04:07 AM
Very cool can't wait! Kicking myself for opening 35 rare souls a couple days ago though :(

Kaijester
10-28-2016, 04:31 AM
Alright!!! But 100/100 character slots...how???

PsychoEddie
10-28-2016, 04:36 AM
New Eddies! New goals! More fixes!

All of these will be live in the new update that is coming very soon to the App Store/Google Play.

Limited Time Halloween Event

etc etc etc

Wow, this is a fantastic surprise, it's like Christmas partially just happened in October, nice!

slauki
10-28-2016, 04:39 AM
perfect, thanks for info, i'm really excited :-)

PsychoEddie
10-28-2016, 04:41 AM
Very cool can't wait! Kicking myself for opening 35 rare souls a couple days ago though :(

It says 'souls', not 'rare souls' so it's all good :)

Earn up to 7 new characters from souls, with a limited time increased chance for the new Fear of the Dark Eddie!

Ezz
10-28-2016, 05:06 AM

Good catch, looks like I will still have 500 chances to win !

PsychoEddie
10-28-2016, 05:11 AM
Good catch, looks like I will still have 500 chances to win !

And, for me, 550+ so I'm in the same ballpark :)

(message for the forum anti-spam people, I am only ever asked two questions with the new change yesterday, one is about what animals barks[sic], and to connect the two 'TECH, NOLOGY')

The Educated fool
10-28-2016, 05:30 AM
Very exciting! Thanks for the information. :cool:

Sparton_LOTB
10-28-2016, 05:59 AM
Alright!!! But 100/100 character slots...how???

I know, I know... I really tried to get a fix for this in, but we needed to lock things down for submission before we got the solution for that.

We're still working out the logistics for being able to deploy a fix where you can get more inventory slots that'll safely work as a short term solution, but I made progress on preparing that for our QA today. My ETA for that is still after the upcoming Halloween even, sadly.

That is indeed correct. Some characters will be available through common souls, but others will not (due to being higher star tier or Gunner/Assassin).

(message for the forum anti-spam people, I am only ever asked two questions with the new change yesterday, one is about what animals barks[sic], and to connect the two 'TECH, NOLOGY')

Careful, the machines will start learning :P

And yes, that is a product of us trying to add more anti-spam measures to see what we can do to thwart some of the spam accounts. It's... having mixed results so far, but we're still investigating solutions.

PsychoEddie
10-28-2016, 06:17 AM
Careful, the machines will start learning :P

And yes, that is a product of us trying to add more anti-spam measures to see what we can do to thwart some of the spam accounts. It's... having mixed results so far, but we're still investigating solutions.

Yes, agreed, I was just *hinting* at an issue with how spammers were adapting to the recent changes.

I've run lots of gaming servers as well as web forums that have battled bots/spammers and it's more about balance than just removing them completely so I do well understand it's much more complicated than 'ban them, now, buh-bye'.

Kaijester
10-28-2016, 06:29 AM
Well I hate to nag too, thanks Sparton for all the updates.

In that case, I shall delete some characters to make the incoming update enjoyable.

I'm wondering how will the difficulty nerf work.

The Number of the Beast is difficult for his last form that steal beneficial effects and extreme damage plus harmful effects.

Light Bringer is difficult due to the first line up of Angels and 3rd lineup of Trolls.

Dungeons are difficult for awesome bosses ability with 4 minions.

Note:
For my honest opinion, please replace the word "difficult" with "fun" in this post.

vgta99
10-28-2016, 07:40 AM
Thanks Sparton for information of new update, The Halloween Event looks wonderfull! :o

In the characters tuning, will you make something about the very nerfed Soldier Eddie's Fury?

Eagleknight
10-28-2016, 08:32 AM
The event looks great but... I don't know about selling 4*s for a chance to enjoy it :(

Thanks for getting something cool and fun out for holloween.

slauki
10-28-2016, 09:02 AM
The event looks great but... I don't know about selling 4*s for a chance to enjoy it :(

Thanks for getting something cool and fun out for holloween.

i will sell some 3* chars...wouldn't know what to do if i only had 4* but really eagle... i bet you could get any of them again with the souls you have. i bet too, that you have enough gold and shards to instantly evolve them all to 5* so i don't see a good reasom to hort them all till sacrifice arises.

anyway, if you choose to open some of your souls i would be thankfull if you would post a video of that party :-)
i think i will also open most of them.

cheers

FlyingV
10-28-2016, 09:27 AM
THANK YOU

You have no idea how depressingly dreary this game has gotten with the ridiculous difficulty increase (With talisman decrease).

I forced myself to play NotB madness this week, to see if I simply need to adapt. So sick of the trooper losses or the ironite saves (that I now spend since the thought of using them on hourglasses and playing MORE is just upsetting). Not 10 min ago I played NotB madness, revived against this over-buffed game sap and won a whopping 3 purple evo shards :mad::mad::mad:

This update will reinvigorate the gameplay, shows somebody is actually hearing us out there and has changed my attitude from dreading my obligation to log on for my troopers/secret locations to looking forward to playing with antkcipation! Good news indeed.

Heavy1974
10-28-2016, 10:02 AM
sounds all good to me. excited

Aristo4
10-28-2016, 10:30 AM
Great news, thank you....we're talking about renewed excitement here :cool:

XcarecroW
10-28-2016, 11:06 AM
Again no more slots, so no new chars. Sad how you add new chars but no more slots.

osogaru
10-28-2016, 11:10 AM
Thank you, that is a great news !!

So : What do you think : better sell 3* eddies or 4* characters to make some room ?

Ringe666-7406
10-28-2016, 11:26 AM
NICE NICE NICE!!! Thanks a lot guys, this is freakin' great :D

BillLion
10-28-2016, 11:39 AM
All of this sounds great -I am very excited!

I think you guys deserve a big thank you honestly. When you all took over a project riddled with challenges you promised a series of fixes and improvements and you keep delivering nicely on all of them. For me (and I believe many players) this continues to build confidence in the team and excitement about the future of the game. Tip of the hat to ya!

Kardas
10-28-2016, 11:51 AM
This looks really promising. Looking forward to the update

Vertax616
10-28-2016, 11:57 AM
This is great news! Looking forward to play, thanks for the update. Also @Billion +1

MuadDib-7367
10-28-2016, 12:55 PM
Now I will be refreshing the app store all day....

Lord Schmeb
10-28-2016, 01:08 PM
Is it weird that I'm totally turned on right now?

Hypnos
10-28-2016, 01:21 PM
Great to see marks are being fixed. Now the axis bomber boys will be useable

Ian
10-28-2016, 01:37 PM
Great news! I have to say that the new developers' willingness to engage with players and fix things that aren't right, as well as provide new content, goes a long way. It's easier to put up with certain things when you know that efforts are being made to improve the game.

Reeb99
10-28-2016, 01:54 PM
Looks encouraging to say the least.

maxdeviations
10-28-2016, 02:32 PM
sparton - i see that CR eddie s fury is doing some funky stuff .. it not healing the enemy s completely but definitly does not do proper / complete damage. any fix for this ?

Fister
10-28-2016, 02:49 PM
Oh Boy, oh Boy, oh Boy. This is really GREAT news. Thanks Sparton and rest of the crew. 👍
New Eddies and new tasks, just can't wait. I'm F'N excited.
Up the Iron \m/

Ancient Mariner
10-28-2016, 02:49 PM
just opened the game and a message warned me that servers will be busy at 10 PDT, is it already the new update? :eek:

Ddrak
10-28-2016, 03:01 PM
Great news, the new Eddies look amazing.

BillLion
10-28-2016, 03:53 PM
just opened the game and a message warned me that servers will be busy at 10 PDT, is it already the new update? :eek:

From the LOTB FB page:

"Today at 10 am PST Legacy of the Beast will be down for approximately 2 hours while we push some exciting new content.
Brace yourself for new Eddies, and even more rewards!"

aur0ra85
10-28-2016, 04:05 PM
Thank you muchly.

Rydgen
10-28-2016, 04:19 PM
Sounds like some good times ahead! Nice to see a holiday theme for Halloween. I like when games implement those. Also, clever way to get soul hoarders to spend them before the Sacrifice update comes along. I know I'll be expanding my character inventory to 100 in order to accommodate this opportunity.

blade685
10-28-2016, 04:48 PM
it' tonight 10 o clock?
I'm totally bored by the game now: no colored evo shard 3* loot for me in all madness world, impossible to update one character to 5* since 3 month of game!
soul 2* = only same crap souls
soul 3* = 0 loot since last update....i buy 3 pack and only crap souls again !!!

i'm waiting that update and decide if i totally stop the game or not

Sparton_LOTB
10-28-2016, 04:56 PM
Well I hate to nag too, thanks Sparton for all the updates.

No offence taken; I don't blame you and others in the slightest.

I'm wondering how will the difficulty nerf work.

The Number of the Beast is difficult for his last form that steal beneficial effects and extreme damage plus harmful effects.

Light Bringer is difficult due to the first line up of Angels and 3rd lineup of Trolls.

Dungeons are difficult for awesome bosses ability with 4 minions.

Note:
For my honest opinion, please replace the word "difficult" with "fun" in this post.

I don't think Kaz did too much, but we felt it was the best choice to do for now due to the impact of fixing the odd stats of some talismans were having with some people. Basically, we reduced the stat bonuses those enemies had to compensate, but they're still doing the same kinds of skills and strategies they were before, so it shouldn't be too easy.

It's funny, I've never had a problem with Lightbringer, but I think my usual strongarm team just hard counters the two trouble waves you noted...

In the characters tuning, will you make something about the very nerfed Soldier Eddie's Fury?

Looking at his data, it looks like he should be doing substantially more damage than his Barrage skill at least, and then he has further special stat scaling beyond that. I understand that people were seeing lower damages compared to when the Fierce talismans were giving way more stats than they should have, so perhaps that's what you're comparing his performance with?

Again no more slots, so no new chars. Sad how you add new chars but no more slots.

I'm doing my damndest to get a solution live ASAP, and am truly sorry I couldn't get it out in time for the event.

sparton - i see that CR eddie s fury is doing some funky stuff .. it not healing the enemy s completely but definitly does not do proper / complete damage. any fix for this ?

I believe what's happening here is a bug with how the hit point bar is displaying mid-fury. That said, I also thought that was the case when marks were being reported, so I'll be looking closer at this to see if it's just that or something more.

Reeb99
10-28-2016, 04:57 PM
it' tonight 10 o clock?
I'm totally bored by the game now: no colored evo shard 3* loot for me in all madness world, impossible to update one character to 5* since 3 month of game!
soul 3* = 0 loot since last update....i buy 3 pack and only crap souls again !!!

10 AM PDT is like right now, or at least in a few minutes.

zamasu
10-28-2016, 04:58 PM
This looks awesome! Thank you so much Sparton!

Couple of questions thou:

are we going to have a list of the new characters available during this event? ex. number of stars and class so we can see what we want to get and how to get it.
is Fear of the Dark Eddie only available until the end of the event?

(I hope your power ability got a buff with this update and your chance of responding to questions increased significantly :p )

maxdeviations
10-28-2016, 05:10 PM
This looks awesome! Thank you so much Sparton!

(I hope your power ability got a buff with this update and your chance of responding to questions increased significantly :p )

yes .. looks like Sparton s abilities have gone thru some stat scaling as well. :D

Bryan-3528
10-28-2016, 05:11 PM
Thank you Sparton for the update, and to everyone on the team that is making this happen.

additions and tuning improvements to the game are definitely welcome. Do we have any info on some of the greater bug issues that are plaguing the game? Specifically:

1) Android login but that has some folks blocked out of the game for 2 months now
2) crashes of the game while starting a battle in Time Rifts (most often level 7)
3) hard freezes of the game while already in a battle of Time Rifts (again, mostly in level 7)
4) other crashes when starting a battle in the dungeons or special locations

personally, i feel the length of time so far for item #1 is mind blowing, but ultimately, i just want my fellow troopers to be able to play again that i know are locked out because of this issue.

Frost
10-28-2016, 05:14 PM
How big is the update? I have 200MB left in my 3G plan and I don't want to blow it all :(

Yeah, internet and 3G in Brazil sucks A LOT.

Fister
10-28-2016, 05:16 PM
it' tonight 10 o clock?

You have to do the dungeons or get lucky when doing secret location to get 3* evo shards. You can however get 3* evo runes and 3* colorless evo shards from campaign. Good luck and cheer up lad! 😃

jakalope
10-28-2016, 05:24 PM
Excited to see the update.

Will the drop rate for 2* red evo runes be improved with this update?

Thanks!

AmBush-UK
10-28-2016, 05:51 PM
and gobs and gobs of
Aint heard that expression in yonks:D

Reeb99
10-28-2016, 05:57 PM
Excited to see the update.

Thanks!

I've been getting a few of them in battlefield madness. It's the 1* that I have to drop down to normal or hard for.

Aristo4
10-28-2016, 06:01 PM
I've been getting a few of them in battlefield madness. It's the 1* that I have to drop down to normal or hard for.

Got a 3* + a 1* red in the last stage madness today, but that's the only 1* I got for some days now:eek:

Sparton_LOTB
10-28-2016, 06:02 PM
are we going to have a list of the new characters available during this event? ex. number of stars and class so we can see what we want to get and how to get it.
is Fear of the Dark Eddie only available until the end of the event?

Both of these questions will be answered in more detail once the update is live and the event can be said to have started in earnest.

1) Android login but that has some folks blocked out of the game for 2 months now
2) crashes of the game while starting a battle in Time Rifts (most often level 7)
3) hard freezes of the game while already in a battle of Time Rifts (again, mostly in level 7)
4) other crashes when starting a battle in the dungeons or special locations

1) There's a bit of confusion internally as to what the exact state of this is, but I've been told there should be a fix to at least let said players into the game with this update, although further loadtime improvements are also in the pipeline. Our CS team wanted to confirm with some people who've sent in they've had that problem before announcing more widely if the fix that's in should work for most people.
2) I'm not aware of specific changes to address this, but I know there has been some art optimization done, which should help that issue
3) One of the bug fixes (for the reviving minion) relates to that. I think we also had a fix for the notorious reflect all killing countering enemies bug, but I'm not sure if we thoroughly tested that it fixes it in all situations or just reduces the likelihood
4) Same as 2

How big is the update? I have 200MB left in my 3G plan and I don't want to blow it all :(

I'm not sure exactly, but the app store update should be roughly the same size as the previous update. The additional data for new characters/environments shouldn't take up too much of that remaining amount you listed.

No, the data for this update had to be locked down a few days ago, so I don't have an improvement in for that yet.

MuadDib-7367
10-28-2016, 06:05 PM
Thanks for the update Sparton. Do you know if the Stone talisman bug (doesn't apply 1% HP to Defense) bug is going to be fixed?

Bryan-3528
10-28-2016, 06:09 PM
1) There's a bit of confusion internally as to what the exact state of this is, but I've been told there should be a fix to at least let said players into the game with this update, although further loadtime improvements are also in the pipeline. Our CS team wanted to confirm with some people who've sent in they've had that problem before announcing more widely if the fix that's in should work for most people

Fingers crossed. I miss Jennie, she's been locked out for 57 days now according to my trooper list, and definitely due to this bug.

*Cries uncontrollably*

Eagleknight
10-28-2016, 06:35 PM
Sparton,

When the event is over will the new characters still be available to get. What I mean is since the space couldn't be updated, will I still be able to aquire the new toons when I do get room?

Thanks

Lord Schmeb
10-28-2016, 06:38 PM
Anyone besides me wearing out their thumb hitting refresh...? This is killing me!

AmBush-UK
10-28-2016, 06:41 PM
Anyone besides me wearing out their thumb hitting refresh...? This is killing me!

Naaa No point wasting battery, i just watch for the Title to change from
Game Update - October 28th 2016 (COMING SOON)
TO
Game Update - October 28th 2016 (LIVE)
Or for Sparton/Kaz to post its up

Reeb99
10-28-2016, 06:42 PM

You're not the only one haha. :-)

Looks like there's an app update available on Google Play.

GreyMouser
10-28-2016, 06:57 PM
Whats killing me is cashing in so many souls before this announcement! Ahhh!

Stoked though. A great game that has a great team behind it now. Can't wait.

Sparton_LOTB
10-28-2016, 07:08 PM
Thanks Sparton for information of new update, The Halloween Event looks wonderfull! :o

Follow-up regarding this... the change we did for War-Torn was intended to slightly reduce the damage, but the way his numbers for the base skill and the numbers for the skill shard improvements were not aligning, so it seems something unintended was definitely occurring. We're going to internally test with values along the lines of what we're expecting, which should fix his damage output. This will not go live this week/weekend, though.

Thanks for the update Sparton. Do you know if the Stone talisman bug (doesn't apply 1% HP to Defense) bug is going to be fixed?

This is a purely visual (albeit still disappointing) bug. I just checked the values that the combat system uses under the hood, and my character with base Max HP of 6691 and a base DEF of 694 has a resulting DEF of 760 in combat (and specifically when using Stone talismans that don't naturally give DEF).

We have that bug in our system, but because it's not a simple matter of the values used in combat are wrong, I'm not sure when the fix will go in.

When the event is over will the new characters still be available to get. What I mean is since the space couldn't be updated, will I still be able to aquire the new toons when I do get room?

This will be clarified in the Halloween Event thread.

Reeb99
10-28-2016, 07:18 PM
Wait, so the Stone set bonus is indeed actually working, just not showing on the character stat screen? That's one I hadn't heard yet. If so, that's good to hear.

Sparton_LOTB
10-28-2016, 07:21 PM
Just a heads up to everyone, we're leaving Maintenance Mode up for a bit longer. We're triple checking some stuff and still waiting for the update to propagate to all countries in both stores.

Lord Schmeb
10-28-2016, 07:24 PM
Son of a rat bastage, daughter of a brick!

*starting to get the shakes*

Frost
10-28-2016, 07:25 PM
Hey Sparton, please answer, I saw the splash screen that Vampiric Talisman set heals 15% on perfect hits, but the live version of this set only heals for 15% HP in PHYSICAL damage type attacks. Will they now work with all types of damage?

oldrava-3320
10-28-2016, 07:30 PM
Game changer update now the game got started

Sparton_LOTB
10-28-2016, 07:33 PM
Hey Sparton, please answer, I saw the splash screen that Vampiric Talisman set heals 15% on perfect hits, but the live version of this set only heals for 15% HP in PHYSICAL damage type attacks. Will they now work with all types of damage?

Yup! All old ones you got from founders pack/early secret location drops/etc will be updated with this functionality. But since it doesn't drop elsewhere, this'll be your opportunity to get more!

Frost
10-28-2016, 07:37 PM
Yup! All old ones you got from founders pack/early secret location drops/etc will be updated with this functionality. But since it doesn't drop elsewhere, this'll be your opportunity to get more!

Whoa!!! Awsome news!!!!

To be perfect, please tell me they will drop the BARRIER version... Because as I said before assassin talismans are only dropping in SHIELD version since july update or something like that.

MuadDib-7367
10-28-2016, 08:16 PM
Just downloaded the update from the US iPhone App Store!

Kaz_LOTB
10-28-2016, 08:19 PM
Whoa!!! Awsome news!!!!

To be perfect, please tell me they will drop the BARRIER version... Because as I said before assassin talismans are only dropping in SHIELD version since july update or something like that.

Yes, the event will drop both sub-types.

-Kaz

Lord Schmeb
10-28-2016, 08:19 PM
Just downloaded the update from the US iPhone App Store!

So did I... not that it did any good though. Still getting the "we're doing maintanence" message and can't log on. I'm damn near dead.

Reeb99
10-28-2016, 08:35 PM
Quick question: What's the default star rating of the new Eddies?

Kaz_LOTB
10-28-2016, 08:38 PM
Quick question: What's the default star rating of the new Eddies?

Fear of the Dark Eddie = 4*
Grim Reaper Eddie = 5*

-Kaz

osiris0000
10-28-2016, 08:51 PM
Hello developer team!

This is so good news! I remember that i have mentioned about Pharaoh Sand Spirit's talisman slot issue before. Its so nice to see that it will be fixed. It feels like I have participated with game development even it is small, which feels very good. I really appreciated your efforts.

And one question:
Since i am a hard-die fan of Iron Maiden - Powerslave album and ancient egyptian mythology ( I believe there is many in our community), does Horus & Aset and Sekhmet (Goddess of destruction) will be playable chars in the future? Because as I see Horus is Sentinel, Goddess Aset is Magus and Goddess Sekhmet is in Warrior class. Which looks like pretty badass ancient egyptian gods team. If you guys add them as playable chars, I believe you will make many people happy and more attracted to the game.

Lord Schmeb
10-28-2016, 09:00 PM
Is it just me?

I got the iOS update and got super giddy, but I'm still not able to log on. Still saying that server maintanence is happening. That one hour update is looking like a three hour festival of pain and withdrawal... can anyone log on and play?

Not complaining, (yes I am -- because I'm an impatient hack) I'm just excited for some new content!

Thanks.

Kaz_LOTB
10-28-2016, 09:05 PM
Hello developer team!

This is so good news! I remember that i have mentioned about Pharaoh Sand Spirit's talisman slot issue before. Its so nice to see that it will be fixed. It feels like I have participated with game development even it is small, which feels very good. I really appreciated your efforts.

And one question:
Since i am a hard-die fan of Iron Maiden - Powerslave album and ancient egyptian mythology ( I believe there is many in our community), does Horus & Aset and Sekhmet (Goddess of destruction) will be playable chars in the future? Because as I see Horus is Sentinel, Goddess Aset is Magus and Goddess Sekhmet is in Warrior class. Which looks like pretty badass ancient egyptian gods team. If you guys add them as playable chars, I believe you will make many people happy and more attracted to the game.

Well, my fellow Powerslave fan, that is a secret :)

-Kaz

Hypnos
10-28-2016, 09:05 PM
Is it just me?

I got the iOS update and got super giddy, but I'm still not able to log on. Still saying that server maintanence is happening. That one hour update is looking like a three hour festival of pain and withdrawal... can anyone log on and play?

Not complaining, (yes I am -- because I'm an impatient hack) I'm just excited for some new content!

Thanks.

You know the answer. Maintenance is clearly still ongoing

Lord Schmeb
10-28-2016, 09:07 PM
You know the answer. Maintenance is clearly still ongoing

Well, that was anticlimactic.

Fister
10-28-2016, 09:10 PM
Is it just me?

Thanks.

Nah, I'm experiencing the same. Android update though. Guess we just have to be patience even though its so damn Hard.

ironmaiden84
10-28-2016, 09:28 PM
Seems like the first time I won't be able to use all my troopers. Bad timing for me that after work I can't log in for 3 hours :( Would have be perfect to get the update while I was working and I could enjoy it right now. ;) But new content seems to be nice anyway

Chernobog3
10-28-2016, 09:50 PM
Looks like a great update. I can't express how pleased to see an actual Halloween event!!! :D

hanZ
10-28-2016, 10:19 PM
So I guess we Europeans are ******* again (as usual) after 5 hours instead of one hour downtime, were losing a day out of the Halloween event :( (already passed the 2 minutes to midnight). Sorry to my troopers, I go to bed now ...

Sparton_LOTB
10-28-2016, 10:21 PM
Just a heads up for everyone; we're wrapping up the extra chest we need to do. Maintenance mode should turn off soon. I will update the first post accordingly.

That said, we did find an unfortunate bug to be aware of: troopers will count towards the max party cost, so lower and mid-level players may need to adjust their teams accordingly to use all of their troopers. We will fix this by making troopers free in terms of party cost in a subsequent update.

Fister
10-28-2016, 10:29 PM
Thx Sparton, I will try to stay awake so that I can use my SoT before I hit the bed. Keep up the good work, and have a nice weekend btw. 😃

Frost
10-28-2016, 10:34 PM
Good it's only 20:30pm here :) Thanks to all you devs you rock!

ironmaiden84
10-28-2016, 10:42 PM
Good it's only 20:30pm here :) Thanks to all you devs you rock!

Here midnight is long ago and I think most of the European players won't see the update in the next 6 hours. :(

Sparton_LOTB
10-28-2016, 10:43 PM
One more unfortunate bug; it looks like lifesteal and spell vamp statuses don't function right now. A knock-on we missed from the Vampiric Talisman functionality improvements.

We will have a fix for this in an upcoming client or server update as well.

Ringe666-7406
10-28-2016, 10:46 PM
One more unfortunate bug; it looks like lifesteal and spell vamp statuses don't function right now. A knock-on we missed from the Vampiric Talisman functionality improvements.

Would I be able to play in next 15 minutes? I'm dead drunk, can't hold my sleepiness any more :/

ironmaiden84
10-28-2016, 10:47 PM

You can fix the new bugs next week :D

Otaviano
10-28-2016, 10:58 PM
Sorry for all others players, that are late in their country, but is better have all bugs fixed .... once I have a problem with it ... I mean I couldnt play for a 3 terrible days... It only was a few days because the fast support..... so is better let them fix all bugs well without pressure, but clean all game.... then relise a new update, but only fews can play.....
So Spartan ... take your time, but make it the best !!!!!
PS. sorry for my english.... I´m little drunk... lol...

ironmaiden84
10-28-2016, 11:02 PM
Would I be able to play in next 15 minutes? I'm dead drunk, can't hold my sleepiness any more :/

I can answer you that: No! :P

hanZ
10-28-2016, 11:03 PM
:.. I´m little drunk... lol...
Well, I guess this helps standing the downtime. Cheers. (Next try going to bed :p )

Ringe666-7406
10-28-2016, 11:04 PM
I can answer you that: No! :P

Silly me :D Good nigh t dude \m/

wailenhalen18
10-28-2016, 11:05 PM
Just a suggestion. Next time, don't push out an update until after the bugs are fixed. That way we could be playing the older version while waiting.

ironmaiden84
10-28-2016, 11:08 PM
Just a suggestion. Next time, don't push out an update until after the bugs are fixed. That way we could be playing the older version while waiting.

I like your suggestion! Would have been great to get at least the 1000 trooper points that will be lost in 50 minutes because I'm waiting 6 hours instead of playing :(

hanZ
10-28-2016, 11:11 PM
Well, do you have a new signature quote ready? :D

ironmaiden84
10-28-2016, 11:14 PM

How about:
"I use all my troopers every day besides there are 2 hour updates that take 6+ hours"?

Ionswarm
10-28-2016, 11:18 PM

That response just made this wait almost worth it! Cheers!

hanZ
10-28-2016, 11:19 PM
It's all about expectation management- Everyone is happy when an 8 hour downtime is done in 6 hours. Same for the troopers. Try "maybe I'm using your troopers next week again"

ironmaiden84
10-28-2016, 11:21 PM
It's all about expectation management- Everyone is happy when an 8 hour downtime is done in 6 hours. Same for the troopers. Try "maybe I'm using your troopers next week again"

Or: "I'll use your trooper daily, if the server isn't down" seems to be a fair promise!

Ionswarm
10-28-2016, 11:22 PM
You could always do like I did after being locked out of my account for 2 weeks.... start over with a new account and a new day one.

Roquetas-5312
10-28-2016, 11:24 PM
Just a heads up for everyone; we're wrapping up the extra chest we need to do. Maintenance mode should turn off soon. I will update the first post accordingly.

That said, we did find an unfortunate bug to be aware of: troopers will count towards the max party cost, so lower and mid-level players may need to adjust their teams accordingly to use all of their troopers. We will fix this by making troopers free in terms of party cost in a subsequent update.

how long is soon it's been an hour already ?
Getting really tired now :(

Please please get this running

ironmaiden84
10-28-2016, 11:24 PM
You could always do like I did after being locked out of my account for 2 weeks.... start over with a new account and a new day one.

2 weeks of waiting and trying? I would have quit the game and start playing something else

Kaijester
10-28-2016, 11:27 PM
10characters

ironmaiden84
10-28-2016, 11:27 PM
how long is soon it's been an hour already ?
Getting really tired now :(

Please please get this running

If the guys from Spain are getting impatient, that means something is really late ;)

But what's the big difference between 2 hours or 7 hours?

Kaijester
10-28-2016, 11:32 PM

Founder pack? Do you mean Comet and Meteor Talisman will be available?

ironmaiden84
10-28-2016, 11:43 PM
17 minutes left to use at least a few troopers today...

Sparton_LOTB
10-28-2016, 11:43 PM
Founder pack? Do you mean Comet and Meteor Talisman will be available?

Oh, those will still not be available, no. I'm pretty sure the Vampiric Talismans were available from something other than secret locations a while ago...

Sparton_LOTB
10-28-2016, 11:44 PM
It's live!

Roquetas-5312
10-28-2016, 11:46 PM
Thank you :)

DIEDD
10-28-2016, 11:52 PM
After updating the game does not open i try reintalling it, but the same thing happens

Kaijester
10-28-2016, 11:58 PM
WOW massive rewards from achievements for veteran players. Thanks!!!

Up The Irons!

ironmaiden84
10-29-2016, 12:06 AM
Is it just my experience or is the loading of any level taking 3 times as long as usually? Server problem or just worse performance of the game after the update?

Cameron
10-29-2016, 12:06 AM
Woot, FotD and Grim Reaper AND Pharaoh Eddie's already, good times!!!!!

Ezz
10-29-2016, 12:08 AM
Ummm something might be amiss, am I already supposed to be able to claim grim reaper?

Otaviano
10-29-2016, 12:11 AM
Wonderfull !!!! Wonderfull !!!! I alreday win the reaper !!!!!! Fantastic .... Thanks !!!!!

Rayray131
10-29-2016, 12:14 AM
Now I cannot purchase anything from the store.

jpmusic
10-29-2016, 12:15 AM
THANK. YOU. SO. FREAKING. MUCH.

Finally, after 2 months of waiting I'm finally able to play on my phone again. Fellow Troopers, some points are coming...

Thank you, devs! Don't know what you did, but it certainly worked.

Rodrigo-3281
10-29-2016, 12:16 AM
MASSIVE rewards for those who've been playing from the get go. Wow!!! I already claimed the Grim Reaper Eddie!!

Aristo4
10-29-2016, 12:17 AM
Already got my Grim Reaper, hooray :cool:

Very cool achievements system!

Ubajoa
10-29-2016, 12:22 AM
THAANK YOU

really massive rewards for old players plus I got my third skill shard from a secret location. Im absolutely happy :D

Nicko
10-29-2016, 12:27 AM
Already got my Grim Reaper, hooray :cool:

Very cool achievements system!

Grim Reaper and these Halloween Secret locations?

Very cool of them to do this...

Qed
10-29-2016, 12:41 AM
Why the boss in the fear of the dark event commits suicide?

Sparton_LOTB
10-29-2016, 12:50 AM
Why the boss in the fear of the dark event commits suicide?

Huh, that's a... good question.

What does your team look like?

Kaz_LOTB
10-29-2016, 12:52 AM

This issue will be fixed soon. Hopefully by tomorrow. This was one of the issues we discovered late in the push.

-Kaz

Rayray131
10-29-2016, 12:53 AM
Thanks for the update.

Rygone
10-29-2016, 12:57 AM
So many rewards !

https://media.giphy.com/media/2Bkdmkbtdl1jq/giphy.gif

Kaijester
10-29-2016, 01:10 AM
The first win from Hard level Fear of the Dark yields a skill shard, although Skill Shard is listed only in Madness level.

I won two repeated games in Madness level Fear of the Dark with no rewards (only xp screen).

Are these intended?

Nicko
10-29-2016, 01:11 AM

He's here...

Hypnos
10-29-2016, 01:17 AM
Thanks for this crazy update!

Papaj
10-29-2016, 01:27 AM

Having the same kind of.... "issue".

FotD Eddie uses his special and BAM! he takes something like 74000 damage and dies.

Happened to me twice. First while using Soldier Eddie, Nomad and the red bat, then switched the bat for the Serious German (corrupt general). The problem is, because he dies right after using his special move, you can't actually complete the "win with 90% hp" objective :)

Kaijester
10-29-2016, 01:33 AM
lol I can't encounter this error because enemies don't get their turn...

Anyone has luck with getting Skill Shard off the madness level FOTD? I'm either getting 1 or 2* evo shards, talisman or nothing at all for the past 20 battles.

Qed
10-29-2016, 01:35 AM

Pharaoh, Sentinel allied Bomber, souless demon sentinel.
When he attacks me, instead... he dies.

Otaviano
10-29-2016, 01:47 AM
Hey Guys...
Sorry for ask this after this amazing update... but and about the sacrifice ? I just won another speedy of light ... now I have 8 ... and 6 run to the hills.... my slots are getting very, very rare....
Thanks again....

Nicko
10-29-2016, 01:50 AM
lol I can't encounter this error because enemies don't get their turn...

Anyone has luck with getting Skill Shard off the madness level FOTD? I'm either getting 1 or 2* evo shards, talisman or nothing at all for the past 20 battles.

Nope, never got the skill shard on this level either

Think it was just an assassin/gunner rare soul and Vampiric talisman

Nicko
10-29-2016, 02:03 AM
Man, just claimed a ton of the achievements

Humongous thanks to the development team on this one...like Christmas at Halloween!!!

jakalope
10-29-2016, 02:08 AM
Agree. This is a pretty amazing update!

I grabbed my Grim Reaper Eddie so fast that I didn't realize what I achieved to get him? Can someone refresh me on what the achievement was?

Thanks Devs!

RCarter
10-29-2016, 02:10 AM
Awesome update!

Especially love the minion timing fix. I celebrated by spending the last few skill shards needed to max out my PSS. That little guy is something else now!

Thanks for the hard work team!

SrG
10-29-2016, 02:22 AM
Agree. This is a pretty amazing update!

I grabbed my Grim Reaper Eddie so fast that I didn't realize what I achieved to get him? Can someone refresh me on what the achievement was?

Thanks Devs!

Same here! I was looking forward to this guy so much I claimed him without seeing how I got him. I've been playing every day since launch and getting all these rewards right out of the gate along with the special Halloween content is awesome. I just wish it was running longer.

I guess the sacrifice thing didn't make this one? I have a ton of regular souls and not sure what to do with them. I want some of those Halloween variants, but have a ton of dupes and have no free space. What exactly was the sacrifice feature for and what resources will it use? That might help me figure out what to do.

PerthEddie
10-29-2016, 02:29 AM
THANK. YOU. SO. FREAKING. MUCH.

Finally, after 2 months of waiting I'm finally able to play on my phone again. Fellow Troopers, some points are coming...

Thank you, devs! Don't know what you did, but it certainly worked.

OMG! OMG! I am back in as well. Almost 9 weeks for me but I can finally play again

YYYYYYEEEEEESSSSSS!!!!!! :D :D :D

zamasu
10-29-2016, 02:45 AM
I have a problem. I can't buy anything from the trooper store. I get a message saying that I don't have enough trooper badges when I have over 48K ... :(

Sinister Stairs
10-29-2016, 03:15 AM

I've had FotD Eddie suicide 3 times with his fury move, against Soldier Eddie, Sentinel Allied Bomber and Warrior Golden Son.

Only once he didn't kill himself, and it might be because I purposely kept his minions alive while FotD blew his fury wad. I then healed my party and killed him, but still no credit for 90% health objective. Has anyone successfully completed this?

EDIT: This was on Madness; didn't notice FotD suicide on Normal or Hard (or maybe I killed him before he could fury?). I just completed the 90% health objective in Madness, so I must have been mistaken thinking my party was fully healed. Hard to spot the full health bar of the character to the left of Eddie!

Fister
10-29-2016, 03:24 AM
The first win from Hard level Fear of the Dark yields a skill shard, although Skill Shard is listed only in Madness level.

I won two repeated games in Madness level Fear of the Dark with no rewards (only xp screen).

Are these intended?

That happened to me 4 times also. I know it was on madness lvl, but this is just byond madness. The price for entering is 10 SoT!!!!

Papaj
10-29-2016, 03:31 AM
I've had FotD Eddie suicide 3 times with his fury move, against Soldier Eddie, Sentinel Allied Bomber and Warrior Golden Son.

Only once he didn't kill himself, and it might be because I purposely kept his minions alive while FotD blew his fury wad. I then healed my party and killed him, but still no credit for 90% health objective. Has anyone successfully completed this?

Found a workaround by using SOL Eddie. Spammed Pilfer and he had no Fury to execute his special.

I also have strange issues with the loot though. Sometimes no loot at all, sometimes something like 1000 gold and nothing else. Kind of weird. I'm pretty sure it's not working as intended.

Kaijester
10-29-2016, 03:32 AM

Completed it...just annoyed with the frequent no treasure for a 10 SoT game. Think it's a good 10% for that to happen. Happens in Hard level.

Papaj
10-29-2016, 03:45 AM
Completed it...just annoyed with the frequent no treasure for a 10 SoT game. Think it's a good 10% for that to happen. Happens in Hard level.
Alsp happens on Madness, and I think there's much greater chance of no loot than 10%.

Nicko
10-29-2016, 03:48 AM
I completed it with three skulls first time. Believe it or not, for most of it I used Visions Eddie. I wanted to make sure I didn't get kills too fast for the 15 perfect hits. Think I completed with Tailgunner; for the life of me can't remember rest of team...

BillLion
10-29-2016, 04:04 AM
WOW massive rewards from achievements for veteran players. Thanks!!!

Up The Irons!

Can't say it better -thanks!!

BillLion
10-29-2016, 04:06 AM

Happens for me too. Grim Reaper Eddie, the General and COTD gunner tonight

BillLion
10-29-2016, 04:10 AM
Alsp happens on Madness, and I think there's much greater chance of no loot than 10%.

Yeah, and on madness I've received very poor rewards after the first time.

I don't mean to complain after you guys made it rain, just making sure all is working as intended :)

jakalope
10-29-2016, 04:10 AM
I also have strange issues with the loot though. Sometimes no loot at all, sometimes something like 1000 gold and nothing else. Kind of weird. I'm pretty sure it's not working as intended.

I’m seeing the same thing on madness. I ran it 10 times so far on madness and have only received 1* evo runes, 1* shards, 1000 gold and a few goose eggs/nada. I’m assuming something is amiss here.

I haven’t seen him suicide yet. Running Soldier Eddie, Wickerman, and various strong troopers. I’ve had him take me under 90% health maybe once or twice, but then again I’m using maxed troopers across the board.

PsychoEddie
10-29-2016, 04:24 AM
NICE! I'm very impressed with the rewarding system and such.

That more than makes up for the update not working on two of my devices until I reinstalled the app. For some reason LOTB didn't play nice with my use of external sd so I had to reinstall on both and on the tablet I can't move it to external or it won't work. (on my phone every time I started LOTB it kept downloading more to my external sd to the point of it using 899MB so I called it quits and reinstalled )

It's all good now on those devices so no biggie and I'm off to play some more, thanks to everyone involved with bringing us LOTB and the new content/features/event!!!!!!

(i answered the forum software question 'how many fingers does a human hand have' with '4' and it said I was incorrect lol)

Kaz_LOTB
10-29-2016, 04:38 AM
I’m seeing the same thing on madness. I ran it 10 times so far on madness and have only received 1* evo runes, 1* shards, 1000 gold and a few goose eggs/nada. I’m assuming something is amiss here.

I haven’t seen him suicide yet. Running Soldier Eddie, Wickerman, and various strong troopers. I’ve had him take me under 90% health maybe once or twice, but then again I’m using maxed troopers across the board.

We are investigating the issue with loot drops not appearing sometimes and hope to have a fix for it soon.

-Kaz

zamasu
10-29-2016, 04:40 AM
Great rewards system for long term players but i think that will be it for a while. We will have no more tonstrive for since we are way ahead in the game. But it was really awesome getting legendary souls. Gunner/assasin, rare. I did not get anything good from them but it has been great lol.

Having the same issue as everyone. No rewards and eddie commiting suicide hahaha.

Ohh and a tip for those struggling with the 90% health challenge. use pharaoh eddie fury (rent one trooper of you don't have it) - you're welcome

Shifter
10-29-2016, 05:26 AM
Please fix lifesteal, it is not working at all after the update.

Ionswarm
10-29-2016, 05:35 AM
Ohh and a tip for those struggling with the 90% health challenge. use pharaoh eddie fury

You can also use The Nomad but it might take a touch of luck. I got lucky. =)

Nice to be able to have fun while playing this game again! It was becoming something of a chore.

Browno
10-29-2016, 05:39 AM
I love it all!
Nice addition with shades on icons and such, feels more stylish :)

eddiejose
10-29-2016, 05:49 AM
Guys, you made my day with this update. I already claimed Grim Reaper and got a Corrupt General, Hellhound, Wickerman and Gunner Golden Son from souls. Time to farm now to power up these toons!! Thanks for your efforts!

PsychoEddie
10-29-2016, 05:55 AM
Guys, you made my day with this update. I already claimed Grim Reaper and got a Corrupt General, Hellhound, Wickerman and Gunner Golden Son from souls. Time to farm now to power up these toons!! Thanks for your efforts!

Yeah, even with my issues with reinstalls to get this working today I'm totally in this state wondering at my awesome character additions without even having purchased the addons that are offered this week yet...and I will get them after I get done enjoying the total experience of

https://c2.staticflickr.com/2/1383/876241350_cf7d796806.jpg

While looking at my new toons

zamasu
10-29-2016, 06:18 AM
Kaz, Sparton. I think the reward system in the Madness Halloween Secret location isn't working. After 3 SoT refills I was not able to obtain anything. I kept getting 1* runes/souls or 250 gold 100% of the time. I think the secret location is droping normal ailing kingdom rewards and not the supposed rare souls, skills shards, talismans.
Well it was fun playing today, thanks for the update again!

Eagleknight
10-29-2016, 06:23 AM
First off love the update. Excellent rewards and the new characters are cool. Did not like selling so many 4*smto try to get the new toons.

The rewards seem to be broken for the new secret areas 10 irons and bad rewards. Ran around 100 games on madness and the only good reward was from the first drop.

I need to replenish my souls as I used over 200 rare souls today (sold all but 6 kind of a waste).

Please look at rewards for new areas and keep up the good work.

All in all great update, nice graphics, cool toons, great reward system. Thanks!

PsychoEddie
10-29-2016, 06:41 AM
I'd like to add, that having been a software developer myself quite a bit , I do completely understand that the people who are very satisfied with what you're doing tend to be quiet in forums (but not purchases!), and those who will always find problems with what others are doing will blab on and on and on no matter how many bugs you fix or features you enhance, there will ALWAYS be whining folks with lots of time to do so.

Kraznoff
10-29-2016, 06:58 AM
Please fix lifesteal, it is not working at all after the update.

Yup, can confirm lifesteal is not working with my hellhound.

bfoc
10-29-2016, 07:21 AM
Tried to install the game to one of our ipad's a week ago. After two days and endless number of "connecting to wifi for loading additional data" and "loading asset bundles" I decided - no legacy for me son.

Now this update screwed my game up also and I'm in the same connectig loop. So no game for me too.

osogaru
10-29-2016, 07:27 AM
Can't say it better -thanks!!

- yes big thank you ! and nice surprise all those gifts ! it's a great update
- since this morning, 0 crash ! hope it will stay like this, so congratulations ! (I told a lot of negative things when nothing works, so today positive things :) )

- I have a serious question for Sparton : for the "sacrifice", it will be better to have 3* Eddies or 4* characters ? I have to sell a lot today so please tell me what's better to keep. thank you.

- in the Secret Halloween event : 0 rewards after the 3rd time completed : is this normal ?

H3lls4ng3l
10-29-2016, 08:04 AM
Incredible update!!! I want to thank all the developers and team behind this game. It's great to have new content to play and characters to mess around with. The Gream Reaper Eddie hits like a truck, and with 4 lvl 1 talismans (I don't have the resources to upgrade more).

SamFisher3000
10-29-2016, 08:08 AM
I'd like to buy the legendary starter pack, but it says purchase failed, try again (google play) every time. Is it the same for everyone? Any solutions?

ironmaiden84
10-29-2016, 08:29 AM
Found a workaround by using SOL Eddie. Spammed Pilfer and he had no Fury to execute his special.

Same here... seems to be a bug. Otherwise I don't know why spending 10 Sands of time for getting 1000 gold or a single shard...

ironmaiden84
10-29-2016, 08:31 AM

also got no treasure at all once in madness and I might have played it only 10 times on madness so far

Sparton_LOTB
10-29-2016, 08:39 AM
It's late as hell right now where we're at, but a quick chime in on some timely subjects before I pass out:

We've just pushed a fix live that should greatly reduce (or hopefully eliminate) the chance of no item rewards in the event location
There is an issue with purchasing with real money on android; a build with a fix is coming and is propagating within the next 24 hours
Lifesteal and spell vamp do not function currently; fix for this will come later

H3lls4ng3l
10-29-2016, 08:45 AM
It's late as hell right now where we're at, but a quick chime in on some timely subjects before I pass out:

We've just pushed a fix live that should greatly reduce (or hopefully eliminate) the chance of no item rewards in the event location
There is an issue with purchasing with real money on android; a build with a fix is coming and is propagating within the next 24 hours
Lifesteal and spell vamp do not function currently; fix for this will come later

Thanks for the info, I thought the game had crashed as it said that there was new content available. Great update guys, really happy with the new content, and am sure everyone else is feeling the same way.

Kardas
10-29-2016, 10:48 AM
Sparton, one other question about the replaced Milestone Awards (once you have the time):

Is it still possible to receive Wicker Man Eddie and Soldier Eddie as Campaign rewards (and to a lesser extent, the Desert Guardian and Soulless Demon)? Most of the forum people already have both, but it's a bit sad for players that would start after this update to miss these characters.

BTW, I also encountered FotD Eddie suiciding himself with his Fury. I had Soldier Eddie, Magus Allied Soldier and Pharaoh Dog King out when it happened. Ox Cultist was under the influence of Pharaoh's Curse, and I had Reflect Shield up.

The new update visually very impressive BTW. Kudos to the team

Ringe666-7406
10-29-2016, 10:56 AM
YOU BLOODY DEVS, YOU RUINED EVERYTHING WITH THIS... I'M GONNA QUIT PLAYING BECAUSE... I got so many good chars I cannot decide on whom to spend Skill Shards... :p You guys are awesome... It is raining gifts and and and... I think I'm gonna have a breakdown... Thank you sooooooooooo much :o:rolleyes:

ironmaiden84
10-29-2016, 11:08 AM
Did anyone get anything really good or awesom from this level? I got on the first finish a lot of nice loot. But every time sinde (played this now maybe 30 times) I got nothing special at all. The bug with no drop at all is fixed. So you'll get each time something. But if I play any random madness level of Battlefield, I'll get better loot, more gold, and spend less time on a level - if you compare the amount of SoT you spend on it. So 1 time the FotD madness against 2 times madness battlefield... seems not worth to farm FotD madness to me.

Anyone got something great after the first time in FotD madness?

Witkacy
10-29-2016, 11:14 AM
Good afternoon all :)

I would like to thank you all the devs and everyone else who particitated in making last update... I am speechless... Truly I haven't expected THAT MUCH changes for good and all these fantastic goods and rewards I've got from you...

+ Enjoyed very much new system of daily rewards/achiviements!
+ Amazing new look of talismans!
+ So far... Haven't noticed any freezes/crashes on my Xperia Tablet!
- Not quite like the idea of fighting against Eddie - so now he's bad guy and our incarnation of Eddie & so the company - are the good guys? Or vice versa? But I take it as the introduction of PvP...

Keep it up the good work and thank you once more! http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v130/Mr.Maiden/Emoticons/edhorns.gif

Cheers,
W

Kaijester
10-29-2016, 11:25 AM
No luck too with the rare drops. I'm abt 30 games too.

Qed
10-29-2016, 11:37 AM
Nothing here, just low level trash.

Witkacy
10-29-2016, 11:42 AM
No luck too with the rare drops. I'm abt 30 games too.

Kai :)

Same either... Just played for fun to get all 3 skulls gold... But that's it...

Mercifal
10-29-2016, 11:42 AM
+ Enjoyed very much new system of daily rewards/achiviements!

New reward / achievements and rewards are probably the best thing in this update imho. It took me around 5 - 10 minutes to gather every reward. Just looking at the new grim reaper Eddy as a treasure is an encouragement to play. Not to mention the daily missions and guaranteed 10 ironite per day.

+ Amazing new look of talismans!

They seem to look smoother and cleaner comparing it to previously used icons. I also like the way you have them displayed. Before the patch, talismans were segregated by stars and levels. Now, in my opinion, it's way easier to find the one you're looking for.

- Not quite like the idea of fighting against Eddie - so now he's bad guy and our incarnation of Eddie & so the company - are the good guys? Or vice versa?

I think that it might be sorta like corruption or something like that. Or lost shard with its own consciousness. Or it's just a good way to show abilities of new FotD Eddie.

ironmaiden84
10-29-2016, 11:49 AM
They seem to look smoother and cleaner comparing it to previously used icons. I also like the way you have them displayed. Before the patch, talismans were segregated by stars and levels. Now, in my opinion, it's way easier to find the one you're looking for.

Besides the rewards, that is one of the best things in this update! Only thing that is still not sorted is the selling screen. It would be great, if they would sort here also everything according colour and then you might see easily what you can sell and what you should keep.

MrFreeze
10-29-2016, 12:55 PM

Are the new locations supposed to give you more than one chance at rare items? I got some nice things the first time through, usually a single 1* item for every try since. I'm not complaining, just wondering if I should spend 10 sands on it.

Thanks for all the stuff.

slauki
10-29-2016, 01:50 PM
guys, i'm speechless.

thank you very much and keep up the good work, this update is awesome and a milestone.

just one suggestion for the future: if you would establish sane prices in the shop, i would really like to buy something to support you all. but 99€ for the halloween legendary pack?
don't think that's a reasonable pricing system. many maiden fans would buy something to support you, but the people who calculate the prices
don't let them do it.

don't want to complain, after this great night, but i feel, that this is a huge mistake which cost you a reasonable amount of money.

Varg-0203
10-29-2016, 02:43 PM
Wow!

Grim Reaper Eddie, Warrior COTD, Corrupt General, Magus Golden Son, Magus Pumpkin, Pharaoh Dog, a few others 4*, loads of gold, ironite and skill shards, more gold rewards in campaign mode, the wings of my beloved Pharaoh Dog King, a set of vampiric talismans...

Now I only need FOTD Eddie and I'll be fully satisfied!

Thanks, guys!

Edit: Barrier talismans are dropping too!

Roquetas-5312
10-29-2016, 03:30 PM
DO NOT GRIND FEAR OF THE DARK AREA

Having wasted 320 sands of time for 1 and 2 star stuff
There is either a bug with rewards or it was intended to only be done once per day like
Other secret areas.

In future I hope the developers don't do future updates on a Friday as it's unlikely to be fixed
Over a weekend

Ubajoa
10-29-2016, 03:35 PM
Well guys, I just got a rare soul from the madness halloween secret location, its not the mighty skill shard but is way better than the junk is being dropped there. And whoever that cant complete the 90% health objective, my strategy is bring an angel of fear, burn the boss and use his mighty passive ability to hit the boss twice and boom dead.

AppleJuice
10-29-2016, 03:37 PM
Bring an Alliance General. His critical strike chance will make the 90% health obj 100x easier.

Ubajoa
10-29-2016, 03:48 PM
Woot 2nd rare soul from halloween secret location (madness).

PsychoEddie
10-29-2016, 04:31 PM
Tried to install the game to one of our ipad's a week ago. After two days and endless number of "connecting to wifi for loading additional data" and "loading asset bundles" I decided - no legacy for me son.

Now this update screwed my game up also and I'm in the same connectig loop. So no game for me too.

It happened to me again this morning with the newest update on my phone. I checked how much space LOTB was taking up and it was over 800MB again so I removed it, reinstalled, and it's working again as well as only taking up 164MB now.

The LOTB update this morning on my tablet worked fine this time but I did keep LOTB on internal memory so I'm leaving it there.

Hypnos
10-29-2016, 04:53 PM
Are the drops supposed to be this unkind?

hold
10-29-2016, 04:55 PM

Me neither ...

ironmaiden84
10-29-2016, 05:02 PM
So I double checked the drop info for the madness halloween location and there are really good things and when I'm playing I get none of them and only 1* shit...

I think there are 2 options how this bug might be:
- Either you should be able to play only once a day these locations and then get great rewards
- Or the bug is that there will drop a lot of stuff but not the one intended to be there

SrG
10-29-2016, 05:28 PM
So many rare souls from the new Achievements, but no FOTD Eddie. Bummer.

slauki
10-29-2016, 05:29 PM
So I double checked the drop info for the madness halloween location and there are really good things and when I'm playing I get none of them and only 1* shit...

I think there are 2 options how this bug might be:
- Either you should be able to play only once a day these locations and then get great rewards
- Or the bug is that there will drop a lot of stuff but not the one intended to be there

got 3 rare souls today in the madness helloween level. yes it's strange when you play the level and one 1* evo rune dropps, but 3 rare souls in about 25 tries isn't that bad. but could be just pure luck...

aur0ra85
10-29-2016, 05:33 PM
Aren't skill shards supposed to drop there?

Special thanks to the Devs. The new content is awesome.

Reeb99
10-29-2016, 06:01 PM
3 starred the special secret location on madness the very first try with Alliance General, Lvl 80 soldier Eddie, and a level 80 red PSS. With the General's buff, the PSS heals are huge. Managed to get a vampiric talisman from each difficulty, but that was about it.

PsychoEddie
10-29-2016, 06:44 PM
Google store purchases are failing for me. Other than that it's all good.

Rodrigo-3281
10-29-2016, 07:11 PM
Google store purchases are failing for me. Other than that it's all good.

Same issue here.

Sparton_LOTB
10-29-2016, 07:30 PM
Regarding the google play store purchasing problems, our team is working on that right now. We hope to have that solved at some point this weekend.

Is it still possible to receive Wicker Man Eddie and Soldier Eddie as Campaign rewards (and to a lesser extent, the Desert Guardian and Soulless Demon)? Most of the forum people already have both, but it's a bit sad for players that would start after this update to miss these characters.

Yes, they're just not as clearly advertised right now.

BTW, I also encountered FotD Eddie suiciding himself with his Fury. I had Soldier Eddie, Magus Allied Soldier and Pharaoh Dog King out when it happened. Ox Cultist was under the influence of Pharaoh's Curse, and I had Reflect Shield up.

Good to know; I'll pass that along.

Only thing that is still not sorted is the selling screen. It would be great, if they would sort here also everything according colour and then you might see easily what you can sell and what you should keep.

Yeah, I was really hoping all of the sorting fixes made it into this update, but it looks like probably the most important one still hasn't been done yet. It's on our list of things to do, though.

Are the new locations supposed to give you more than one chance at rare items? I got some nice things the first time through, usually a single 1* item for every try since. I'm not complaining, just wondering if I should spend 10 sands on it.

You'll sometimes get two items. If you're insanely lucky, you'll get things like two Rare Souls (but yeah... insanely lucky).

just one suggestion for the future: if you would establish sane prices in the shop, i would really like to buy something to support you all. but 99€ for the halloween legendary pack?
don't think that's a reasonable pricing system. many maiden fans would buy something to support you, but the people who calculate the prices
don't let them do it.

We appreciate where you're coming from, which is why we offered two price points/values for players to choose from with this event. We hope over time that we can find a good pattern/set of price points that as many people as possible will be happy to partake in which continue letting us run the business and make more content for you guys.

aur0ra85
10-29-2016, 07:33 PM
Game is now running on my iOS iPad which is fantastic. Not sure how you fixed that with this update but thank you.
Game seems to run super slow at times since the update. Not sure why (new graphics maybe?). It's slow on both my iPad and iPhone

Darkko
10-29-2016, 08:12 PM
Spend 22 rare souls, 6 magus soul and 4 sentinel soul, and haven't got any 4 or 5 stars chars :(

maxdeviations
10-29-2016, 08:20 PM
guys / sparton / kaz - can some one clarify how FOTD eddie scales ??? from the skill descriptions say that "physical damage but increases based on def" .. i m inclined to believe that this means it scales on both ATK and DEF. but this character is a sentinel which makes me wonder if HP has a part to play in this or not. either way he has extremly weak damage output. or i havnt figured out how to work him yet ... suggestions are welcome

MrFreeze
10-29-2016, 08:26 PM
I've gotten some decent items after playing the madness level a bunch of times. 4-5 rare souls. 5-6 vampiric talismans including barrier ones. I'm guessing it's possible to get a gunner soul or skill shard if you sell your soul

Sparton_LOTB
10-29-2016, 08:29 PM
guys / sparton / kaz - can some one clarify how FOTD eddie scales ??? from the skill descriptions say that "physical damage but increases based on def" .. i m inclined to believe that this means it scales on both ATK and DEF. but this character is a sentinel which makes me wonder if HP has a part to play in this or not. either way he has extremly weak damage output. or i havnt figured out how to work him yet ... suggestions are welcome

As a general rule for all skills; if a skill says it scales with X stat, it means it scales with whatever that damage type would scale with and with that stat. So yes, his physical attacks all scale with attack and defense. That said, it doesn't mean that the attack scales evenly between all those stats... you may want to play around with having more attack or more defense from your talismans to find the balance between damage and survivability you want.

Witkacy
10-29-2016, 09:08 PM
We appreciate where you're coming from, which is why we offered two price points/values for players to choose from with this event. We hope over time that we can find a good pattern/set of price points that as many people as possible will be happy to partake in which continue letting us run the business and make more content for you guys.

Hi Sparton :)

I am willing to support you guys cause I like the game a lot and do so Iron Maiden... However the prices not being low for something I might get by random luck... Honestly I can see no difference with the the fact that I pay for rare souls with money and getting harpies, dogs, whatever - and I can get exactly the same without paying (via ironities)... If so... Then why to pay? Especially when such prices being taken from the space... Sure thing - no one forces me to pay - but when I do - I like to have a feeling that I AM doing something good (read: supporting you) and so my money being well spent... Saying well I mean:

1. Getting worthy stuff - I DO NOT expect getting all 5* characters each time from each pack, but ONE solid* granted per pack would be nice, yes?

2. NOT getting certain characters all over and over again - I don't simply need them, ok? Then I HAVE TO sell them otherwise they fill my space in the inventory... Right, no one forces me to sell them either - I could be waiting for the sacrifice option to come up - but when God knows and IF - and I have problem with those duplicates RIGHT NOW - I had to sell many souls which I not wished to keep, to get another ones from the achivements that I don't want to keep as well in the majority... I recognize that in real life you wouldn't pay with the real money for the goods in the shop - just because to spent money, but never use them - cause you don't like them or don't need them... Well... Me either - thus I am still doing... And that's why you guys should really appreciate this - because thanks to such people WHO PAY to play - you guys have the money on your bank accounts as well... And this is something what matters...

The game now OFFERS quite number of characters to choose - so simply WHY I am getting those I already own instead the ones I don't? I've opened many souls in searching for FOTD Eddie - which supposed be easy during Halloween weekend event, but it seems not - I've got plenty of characters that already had, but no Eddie...

I guess I've read there that the system of getting any awards may be improved based on this whats player already have to decrease the number of duplicates or am I wrong? Would be nice though...

Reasuming - I am PLEASED with changes as I wrote above, but I am expecting that I will have more impact on the game - while I decided to pay for it - I guess it's fair to demand some quality when paying... Souls getting randomly... Skillshards improving the abilities randomly... Everything is set about random generation... Pitty that prices are not random as well, but quite solid...

Have a nice evening,

Cheers,
W

EDIT: * - solid I mean at least 4* character

maxdeviations
10-29-2016, 09:24 PM
As a general rule for all skills; if a skill says it scales with X stat, it means it scales with whatever that damage type would scale with and with that stat. So yes, his physical attacks all scale with attack and defense. That said, it doesn't mean that the attack scales evenly between all those stats... you may want to play around with having more attack or more defense from your talismans to find the balance between damage and survivability you want.

thanks for the explanation - in a previous post you mentioned that the stone talisman is working properly (i.e adds the 1% def buff from HP but does not show in the stats ..) that being said - is it the same way for the iron talisman ? i have both stone and iron talisman .. none of them are adding the bonus def. is it only cosmetic ?

Frost
10-29-2016, 10:47 PM
Well, I'm quite disappointed with the drop chances.

For a 10 SoT event getting 1 regular soul is VERY disappointing. Since the begining I spent 3 full SoT refills and got only 3 rare souls and 1 rare gunner/assassin soul. 95% of the time I'm getting regular AK Madness loot.

Also, for "increased chance" to get FotD Eddie, I opened more tyan 50 souls now and still nothing. Is that the "great chance"?

Sparton_LOTB
10-29-2016, 11:28 PM
Hi Sparton :)

I am willing to support you guys cause I like the game a lot and do so Iron Maiden... However the prices not being low for something I might get by random luck... Honestly I can see no difference with the the fact that I pay for rare souls with money and getting harpies, dogs, whatever - and I can get exactly the same without paying (via ironities)... If so... Then why to pay? Especially when such prices being taken from the space... Sure thing - no one forces me to pay - but when I do - I like to have a feeling that I AM doing something good (read: supporting you) and so my money being well spent... Saying well I mean: [...]

Thank you for your thorough response. I will be sure to share it with the team when we're all back in the office.

What I can say myself is while we are adding new characters as fast as possible, and at all kinds of rarities, the fact of the matter is people are easily getting hundreds of souls every week, and in some peoples cases dozens of Rare Souls or better (especially at a time right now, where many long term players have gotten hundreds of ironite from limited time packs and achievements, plus other Rare Souls from achievements + the event location). We allow players to get way more souls than there are characters, so it's impossible to not end up with lots of duplicates.

While we really want to get something like Sacrifice out as soon as possible, we ultimately feel that needing more activities is also really important, which is why we wanted to do something like we've done for Halloween. It's a difficult balance, though, and everyone involved (you as players and we as developers) want to do more, and do it faster, and do it better... but there's only so much time in the day.

thanks for the explanation - in a previous post you mentioned that the stone talisman is working properly (i.e adds the 1% def buff from HP but does not show in the stats ..) that being said - is it the same way for the iron talisman ? i have both stone and iron talisman .. none of them are adding the bonus def. is it only cosmetic ?

I'm not sure about the iron talismans, and I can't check on that remotely. I'll look into it when I'm back in the office.

aur0ra85
10-30-2016, 01:24 AM
Please increase the evo rune drop rate substantially for both the multi coloured and coloured evo runes.
I played literally all day today, maybe 10 sands of time refills and received only 15 or so evo runes. Enough for 1.5 talisman upgrades. I have about 60 max talismans at this point which is good for approx 10 characters, and I have 22 max characters at this time which require talismans. Many of my characters require talisman reworks now too. At this rate playing every day, almost the entire day, it's going to take me approx 20 weeks to upgrade talisman sets for my existing characters. Which is absurd.
It feels like it's a huge waste of time. I considered buying the expensive Halloween pack today, but I'm afraid the drop rate is still a deal breaker for the upgrade runes for me to seriously consider spending more money on this game. I'd love to support it, but why would I if playing it feels like a waste? I am sorry for being critical, but it's how I have felt about this game for some time, it's a bitter pill.
In addition, I cannot stress enough how frustrating it has become dealing with inventory issues with regards to talismans, runes, shards, characters, and souls. There simply is not enough room and it's hinging upon an update.
Thank you so much for the new and wonderful content, it's fantastic. And thank you for the current balancing and bug fixes, it's very clear you've all put a lot of work into this for us.
You promised the amount of gold in my inventory would steadily decrease over time, and it's been the complete opposite: my gold has doubled since the October 18th update ->there are not nearly enough upgrade materials in this game. I've gone from 3mil to 6.5mil looking for runes mostly.

Zapathusara
10-30-2016, 02:35 AM
I just get locked out of the game due the update. Even tried to re install, but I'm still getting an error loop in title screen, "Loading files from asset bundle IME RLM 394". After this message the loading/update bar starts again and again.

I sent an email to support, but I'm crying here too. I dont wanna to miss the event.

PsychoEddie
10-30-2016, 03:19 AM
Regarding the google play store purchasing problems, our team is working on that right now. We hope to have that solved at some point this weekend.

Thanks for the update. I'm fine with the pricing since the tuning update it's obvious things are being very seriously and well thought out so my wallet is open since then and my last purchase turned out fantastic. I'm especially enthusiastic about contributing cash with this Halloween event and all that, more variety and ways of getting things I want.

I'll pick up the two lower priced packs that are available and if I get some awesome stuff I'll be hooked in for the 99$ one :)

Eagleknight
10-30-2016, 05:39 AM
I don't know if this bug has been reported but... I can't buy anything from trooper store i keep getting the message you don't have enough trooper points use your troopers to earn more points. I have 70000 trooper points saved.

I sold another 4* toon to see if that helped. It did not.

Sold 3 stacks of shards and 3 stacks of runes to make more room. No help.

Tried buying skillshards, ass/gunner souls both types I get the same message.

Also don't know what the drop rate on the pumpkin toons are but it took 15 full
Stacks of regulate souls to get the blue one it was my last one needed.

This was a fun event but it ate through my soul stash, over 200 rare souls and about 20 stacks of regular souls. At least I have room for new souls... To bad I can't farm them like I used too.

Also madness fear of the dark says it drops skill shards. But I haven't seen one drop and I have ran it for hours and hours. Got some rare souls a few tailismans but no skill shards. Mabey, I have bad luck.

Again nice event.

Sparton_LOTB
10-30-2016, 07:08 AM
Please increase the evo rune drop rate substantially for both the multi coloured and coloured evo runes.

That is something I'm planning on smoothing out.

In addition, I cannot stress enough how frustrating it has become dealing with inventory issues with regards to talismans, runes, shards, characters, and souls. There simply is not enough room and it's hinging upon an update.

A short-term fix for characters (and sort of talismans) is coming soon, and I'm working with our programmers to ensure we have long term fixes for runes, shards, and souls.

I don't know if this bug has been reported but... I can't buy anything from trooper store i keep getting the message you don't have enough trooper points use your troopers to earn more points. I have 70000 trooper points saved.

Curious, those workarounds you listed are the ones I know off off the top of my head. I've passed that along to see if others on the team have anything else to suggest, or at least have that as a point of reference to continue investigating that problem.

hold
10-30-2016, 07:15 AM
@Sparton_LOTB: As I cannot buy ironite at the moment from the store (purchase failed) to hunt down the limited sentinel pumpkin - will there be another possibility to get the pumpkins in case this bug will not get sorted in time?

It's not a major issue but it will nag on me only having 2 pmpkins ... :)

Thanks,
love this update ... well done and the new graphics are amazing ...

Reeb99
10-30-2016, 07:42 AM
Thanks Sparton & Kaz! The dungeon tweaks helped a bunch. I was finally able to complete gunner 9 + 10 and also able to do my first 5* evolve. It's still challenging, but not overpowering. Nice compromise I think.

osiris0000
10-30-2016, 09:38 AM
This was the best update up to date!

Chars i got :

Grim Reaper Eddie
Fear Of The Dark Eddie
Gunner COTD
Sentinel Soulless Demon
Sentinel Allied Bomber Boy
Red Rocket Dog
Blue and Red Pumpkins
Gunner Dog
Wicker Golem (Assassin)
Chattering Skulls (Gunner and Assassin)

Those chars came from Rare souls, and i got the skulls from regular gunner/assasin souls. With Legendary Soul, i got my second Red Pyro Soldier. Well, i cannot complain since i got cool chars! Keep up the good work devs!

Mizrael
10-30-2016, 01:42 PM
Chars i got :

Grim Reaper Eddie
Fear Of The Dark Eddie
Gunner COTD
Sentinel Soulless Demon
Sentinel Allied Bomber Boy
Red Rocket Dog
Blue and Red Pumpkins
Gunner Dog
Wicker Golem (Assassin)
Chattering Skulls (Gunner and Assassin)!

Wow! Lucky you.
I've opened all those achievement rewards (legendary soul,like 20 rare/15 rare gunner/assasin souls) spent ironite to buy 30 more rare souls and all my trooper points to buy rare sentinel souls plus about 2M Gold to open them all... all i got was 3 new pumpkins. No Corrupt General, Alliance General, Nomad, Prisoner, any COTD and what i was after the most- no F'N FOTD Eddie!!! so as easy as all that wealth came ,so it went and im left with 3 useless pumpkins. Makes me kinda wonder: Who would be stupid enough to pay 100$ to basically get 2 skill shards and some vendor trash??? that's really something i would never touch with my luck even if i was a millionaire. but i have always been a bad luck legend,no matter what game i play,so i just turn the other cheek.
But overall a great update guys.

aur0ra85
10-30-2016, 02:29 PM
That is something I'm planning on smoothing out.

A short-term fix for characters (and sort of talismans) is coming soon, and I'm working with our programmers to ensure we have long term fixes for runes, shards, and souls.

Curious, those workarounds you listed are the ones I know off off the top of my head. I've passed that along to see if others on the team have anything else to suggest, or at least have that as a point of reference to continue investigating that problem.

Thank you so much. It's appreciated.

Nicko
10-30-2016, 03:03 PM
Need one 3* Yellow shard to upgrade a gunner.

160 SoT in Level X LoL - not one 3* yellow shard

Absolutely maddening

How the heck are we supposed to upgrade anything with a drop rate this stingy? It made SO much more sense when the Rainbow shards were the bottleneck, not the colored, as the colored dungeons only come by once a week - Rainbows are available five days a week. I'd seriously consider reverting to the old drop rate where colored shards fell more freely and rainbow were the bottlenecks. You could grind the dungeons every day and get six Rainbow shards to upgrade one character a week, which seems fair. At this rate, it will take six to eight weeks to upgrade my next gunner! That's crazy!

Red talismans are bottlenecked too due to a windfall of Rainbow runes but inadequate low level 1* and - especially - 2* Runes

Then advancing the talismans becomes another issue

I really appreciate that there is a dialog going here. The Halloween event was awesome. But there are now issues that weren't present before the update that are significantly impacting the this game. Hoping they're getting some attention!

Ancient Mariner
10-30-2016, 03:17 PM
Need one 3* Yellow shard to upgrade a gunner.
How the heck are we supposed to upgrade anything with a drop rate this stingy? It made SO much more sense when the Rainbow shards were the bottleneck, not the colored, as the colored dungeons only come by once a week - Rainbows are available five days a week.
and above all let me add that rainbows drop really often in Battlefield and Underworld, i got like 60 of them now xD

CanyptianFit
10-30-2016, 04:19 PM
I also really like the update and the Halloween "special".

I was lucky enough to get the gunner COTD, BOTH eddies (got FoTD on the last of 3 sentinel souls from trooper store)' and sentinel soulless demon, and some other dupes.

The new eddies add some nice new offense/defense abilities which have been fun to play with.

My current favorite lineup:
FoTD Eddie/Grim Reaper Eddie
Sentinel allied Bomber Boy with energy and blind talismans. Energy is huge, blinding is great, and defense boost to start helps FoTD Eddie.
Gunner CoTD (still jazzed I finally got her) with thief and assassin talismans.

I basically always have power and fury maxed, and can add a third Eddie based on Boss color. I basically end almost every battle with 95%+ health, without health replenished.

One thing I have recently struggled with is the Doom potential when the 3rd Beast spans. Nothing can cure it now it seems once you have it. Mummy Eddie used to cleanse it. Really makes me want the Pharoah Eddie now as that is the only full proof way to prevent that....with an Eddie. Other strategies?

I've also noticed a significant drop in 3* rainbow runes (talisman upgraders). I used to get about 4-5/ day, now I'm lucky to get 1 or 2.

As noted, hats off to the developers. Great job on breathing new life to the game.

Been playing everyday since July, addictive.

Canyptian-2758

MrFreeze
10-30-2016, 04:48 PM
I thought ailing kingdom madness was supposed to drop 3* items after the update. I'm getting lots of 1* stuff

Ezz
10-30-2016, 05:05 PM
Devs - was the minion hit timing update implemented per the tuning doc on page one of this thread? For me at least it still seems you need to tap well before the circles overlap for a perfect hit?

Sparton_LOTB
10-30-2016, 05:09 PM
@Sparton_LOTB: As I cannot buy ironite at the moment from the store (purchase failed) to hunt down the limited sentinel pumpkin - will there be another possibility to get the pumpkins in case this bug will not get sorted in time?

Not sure what our backup plan is. I know it's something we're discussing as a team once we're all in office on Monday; everyone who can work on fixing the issue still is working on it right now.

slauki
10-30-2016, 06:16 PM
one suggestion for purchase:

add an option like play x hours/days for x ironite/€ i think many would purchase this especially during such great events!

beside this the droprates of the helloween dungeon are mediocre:

has anyone gotten something else than rare souls?

Hypnos
10-30-2016, 06:34 PM

add an option like play x hours/days for x ironite/€ i think many would purchase this especially during such great events!

nope, just the odd rare soul now and again.

Baba-8301
10-30-2016, 07:30 PM
Same here. I have one rare soul to show for my efforts. I haven't exactly been hammering it though.

On the whole it is a nice update. The challenges provide some incentive to vary the grind and the souls + skillshards boost was appreciated. I got lucky and got FotD Eddie without too much trauma so can relax a bit until we get some more character slots.

The Educated fool
10-30-2016, 08:11 PM
Very much enjoying the event! I haven't got FOTD Eddie yet--and I seriously doubt I will... ever... because I'd like to :cool: --and I haven't seen a single rare soul drop since my first play through, but I did manage to score a full set of Barrier Vampirics, so I'm happy.

Permit me to go off-topic for a moment though, since I know this thread is being monitored by developpers. I've noticed that my Wicker Dog Queen's Magic Charge skill, which is supposed to grant a magic buff to all allies for 2 turns doesn't do so... ever. When the buff is applied, the icon displays the number 2, but as soon as that character hits, the buff disappears. If the character doesn't hit that turn, (as with the WDQ herself, since she just cast the buff), the number turns from 2 to 1, as it should. I only realized this was glitching recently when I was applying skillshards... I had just assumed it was a one-turn buff, since it always played out that way. Not sure if anyone else has noticed this, so I just figured I'd bring it to light.

Monte47
10-30-2016, 08:12 PM
This was awesome!!! Thank you so much.

Kraznoff
10-30-2016, 08:17 PM
Devs: Since the update I cannot purchase anything using trooper points (get a message that says I don't have enough even though I have 53,000) and I can't upgrade any talismans to level 4 (because it won't save when I exit). Im playing on iOS.

Nicko
10-30-2016, 08:44 PM
I finally got my one 3* Yellow shard that I set out to get in the dungeon today

After 248 SoT

For one frickin' shard

If this is the new norm, no more character evolving - WAY too time consuming!

Browno
10-30-2016, 08:46 PM
I've noticed that my Wicker Dog Queen's Magic Charge skill, which is supposed to grant a magic buff to all allies for 2 turns doesn't do so... ever. When the buff is applied, the icon displays the number 2, but as soon as that character hits, the buff disappears. If the character doesn't hit that turn, (as with the WDQ herself, since she just cast the buff), the number turns from 2 to 1, as it should. I only realized this was glitching recently when I was applying skillshards... I had just assumed it was a one-turn buff, since it always played out that way. Not sure if anyone else has noticed this, so I just figured I'd bring it to light.

Same with pharao dog king magic charge.
Seems more like a single use buff now.

Sparton_LOTB
10-30-2016, 09:17 PM
I've noticed that my Wicker Dog Queen's Magic Charge skill, which is supposed to grant a magic buff to all allies for 2 turns doesn't do so... ever. When the buff is applied, the icon displays the number 2, but as soon as that character hits, the buff disappears. If the character doesn't hit that turn, (as with the WDQ herself, since she just cast the buff), the number turns from 2 to 1, as it should. I only realized this was glitching recently when I was applying skillshards... I had just assumed it was a one-turn buff, since it always played out that way. Not sure if anyone else has noticed this, so I just figured I'd bring it to light.

That's actually how that's suppose to function. Wickerdog Queen doesn't give Magic Up, it gives Magic Charge. Magic Charge gives a much larger boost to a character's Magic stat for the sake of the next magic-based skill it does if it happens before the Magic Charge wears off.

Same idea for the other "Blah Charge" skills. You can eyeball in combat which is a "charge" status effect if it has an orange status icon instead of a blue one. Basically, it's stronger than what Magic Up would do, but only for 1 attack.

Devs: Since the update I cannot purchase anything using trooper points (get a message that says I don't have enough even though I have 53,000) [...]

If the workaround of ensuring you don't have 50+ stacks of souls or 50+ stacks of shards/runes doesn't work, then that is a new bug that's been reported. Not sure where we're at for fixing that one right now.

[...] and I can't upgrade any talismans to level 4 (because it won't save when I exit). Im playing on iOS.

A workaround for that is to exit the My Team screen after powering up a talisman to it's max level or after evolving it. It's unfortunately tedious, but it'll work until the proper inventory saving solution is deployed.

The Educated fool
10-30-2016, 09:33 PM
That's actually how that's suppose to function. Wickerdog Queen doesn't give Magic Up, it gives Magic Charge. Magic Charge gives a much larger boost to a character's Magic stat for the sake of the next magic-based skill it does if it happens before the Magic Charge wears off.

Same idea for the other "Blah Charge" skills. You can eyeball in combat which is a "charge" status effect if it has an orange status icon instead of a blue one. Basically, it's stronger than what Magic Up would do, but only for 1 attack.

Ah, excellent. Thank you for the clarification, and the quick response!

Maybe the text "-Grants Magic Charge to all allies for 2 turns-Magic charge increases the damage of the next magic attack" could be changed to "-Grants Magic Charge opportunity to all allies for 2 turns-Magic charge increases the damage of the next magic attack" for the sake of clarification in game. I know it's a semantic point, and a minor one at that, but I think that one word would make that skill description much more obvious. Just a thought. :cool: Thanks again.

aur0ra85
10-30-2016, 09:35 PM
Sorry about all the criticism Sparton, I really enjoyed the event even though the drops seemed a little hard to come by. Super cool idea. LOVE the new graphics. I really like the direction you and your team is taking this game.

Frost
10-30-2016, 09:41 PM

That's why I'll never have a FOTD Eddie. Blew 60 souls and still nothing.

But what makes me feel sad is spending 10 SoT to get ONE REGULAR SOUL from the event.

Really if FOTD Eddie is that high chance to get with 60 souls I should have pulled at least 3 of it. For me it seens he's as rare as any other premium toon

Sparton_LOTB
10-30-2016, 09:44 PM
Sorry about all the criticism Sparton, I really enjoyed the event even though the drops seemed a little hard to come by. Super cool idea. LOVE the new graphics. I really like the direction you and your team is taking this game.

No worries mate. For you and everyone else leaving feedback, good or ill, we still appreciate your thoughts so we can better calibrate future events and features.

Kraznoff
10-30-2016, 10:38 PM

If the workaround of ensuring you don't have 50+ stacks of souls or 50+ stacks of shards/runes doesn't work, then that is a new bug that's been reported. Not sure where we're at for fixing that one right now.

A workaround for that is to exit the My Team screen after powering up a talisman to it's max level or after evolving it. It's unfortunately tedious, but it'll work until the proper inventory saving solution is deployed.

Thanks Sparton. I reduced my stacks of shards/runes from 50 to 49 and I can now upgrade my talismans and use trooper points.

ironmaiden84
10-30-2016, 10:42 PM
I have one question regarding the achievements...

Earn 4* Characters 100x
Earn 5* Characters 25x

So does every 5* character also count as 4* character?
Or will be old collected characters that I sold because they are duplicates count as well?

Otherwise I can't get the 4* achievement - because I have only 100 spots to fill and I won't sell any 5* character to have enough space to get this achievement.

Browno
10-30-2016, 10:46 PM
You only have to get them from souls, no need to keep them.
As for the 5* i think it doea only count as 5 star

Kaijester
10-30-2016, 11:36 PM
The limited time Halloween secret location does not count as part of the achievement to clear secret locations.

Is that correct?

Zapathusara
10-31-2016, 01:27 AM
I just get locked out of the game due the update. Even tried to re install, but I'm still getting an error loop in title screen, "Loading files from asset bundle IME RLM 394". After this message the loading/update bar starts again and again.

I sent an email to support, but I'm crying here too. I dont wanna to miss the event.

And I'm still out of the game. Any suggestion about what to do? Get the same error above everytime I open the game. Google Play says the game is updated, but the title screen always try to download something, and then te bar jumps to te end and show the error.

I know we are in a weekend and everybody needs some rest, but any insight would be much appreciated.

Up the irons.

Sparton_LOTB
10-31-2016, 02:00 AM
I have one question regarding the achievements...

Earn 4* Characters 100x
Earn 5* Characters 25x

So does every 5* character also count as 4* character?
Or will be old collected characters that I sold because they are duplicates count as well?

Otherwise I can't get the 4* achievement - because I have only 100 spots to fill and I won't sell any 5* character to have enough space to get this achievement.

In addition to what Browno noted, you can evolve 3 star characters to 4 star characters to make progress for getting 4 stars. Additionally, we'll be adding more character inventory expansions, so this should be achievable without doing anything dastardly to existing 5 star characters you have (even if it will take a while).

The limited time Halloween secret location does not count as part of the achievement to clear secret locations.

Is that correct?

My apologies, but our communication hasn't been consistent with that. It is correct that the Halloween event location doesn't count as a secret location for the various achievements that care about those.

And I'm still out of the game. Any suggestion about what to do? Get the same error above everytime I open the game. Google Play says the game is updated, but the title screen always try to download something, and then te bar jumps to te end and show the error.

So long as you have an email/password (or Facebook account) associated with your save game so you can log back in, you'll want to go into your settings app and clear data for the game. That'll force the game to redownload all of the extra data cleanly (but I think will also ask you to log back in again... I'm not 100% on this, because I don't have an Android device).

PsychoEddie
10-31-2016, 02:02 AM

I know we are in a weekend and everybody needs some rest, but any insight would be much appreciated.

Up the irons.

Now I'm in the same boat. Before, I could just keep reinstalling but now even with a fresh install "Loading files from asset bundle IME RLM 394" shows up then the loading bar goes blank and then all I see is the quotes from lyrics changing. I even left the phone for an hour to see what would happen but nothing does.

I can play on a tablet but what sucks is when I load the store to purchase from it either the game crashes or I get a google error of "error retrieving information from server [df-ppa-59]" which seems to be related to google purchases not working I'm guessing.

http://oi64.tinypic.com/aouxom.jpg

Zapathusara
10-31-2016, 02:16 AM
So long as you have an email/password (or Facebook account) associated with your save game so you can log back in, you'll want to go into your settings app and clear data for the game. That'll force the game to redownload all of the extra data cleanly (but I think will also ask you to log back in again... I'm not 100% on this, because I don't have an Android device).

Thnx for the reply.

I have a facebook account associated, and in another issue I desinstalled and installed again with no problems.

I already tried to clean all data in the device app manager, but get all the same. Tomorrow I'll try again one last time.

Again, thnx by the reply in the middle of weekend.

Kaijester
10-31-2016, 02:18 AM
Thanks Sparton. Another question:

My daily challenge is exactly the same as yesterday. Are we looking at the same daily challenges, daily?

aur0ra85
10-31-2016, 02:22 AM

My daily challenge is exactly the same as yesterday. Are we looking at the same daily challenges, daily?

It's something at least lol..
It's moving in the right direction.

PsychoEddie
10-31-2016, 02:38 AM
Thnx for the reply.

I have a facebook account associated, and in another issue I desinstalled and installed again with no problems.

I already tried to clean all data in the device app manager, but get all the same. Tomorrow I'll try again one last time.

Again, thnx by the reply in the middle of weekend.

I got mine working again. I uninstalled LOTB (not just data, everything, like I always do), shut the phone down completely, restarted it, and then reinstalled LOTB and everything is fine for now. The only thing I did different was the shutdown and restart of the phone.

Sparton_LOTB: I noticed this last time before uninstalling LOTB it had downloaded over 1GB of data so each time I restart the app when it's messing up it's redownloading updates over again. If it happens again I'll try to see how in the heck my android is managing to add new files each time.

Sparton_LOTB
10-31-2016, 05:28 AM

The daily challenges are consistent right now, yes. We plan on adding more to it (and/or swapping some out) in the future, and possibly doing some randomization of objectives, but for now it'll just be asking you to do the main activities of the game every day.

I got mine working again. I uninstalled LOTB (not just data, everything, like I always do), shut the phone down completely, restarted it, and then reinstalled LOTB and everything is fine for now. The only thing I did different was the shutdown and restart of the phone.

Ah, good to know. I've passed that along to the team when troubleshooting this problem for others.

Good ol' mobile phones... always doing what they want unless you ask them juuuuust right.

Sparton_LOTB: I noticed this last time before uninstalling LOTB it had downloaded over 1GB of data so each time I restart the app when it's messing up it's redownloading updates over again. If it happens again I'll try to see how in the heck my android is managing to add new files each time.

Specifically on Android, I believe this stems from a problem handling accepting/rejecting(/silently rejecting) permissions when you first open our game. One of our upcoming updates will handle this more gracefully, which should also prevent some of that redundant data from being downloaded.

lol_der_kalle
10-31-2016, 01:20 PM
i cannot buy anything from the store, wanted to buy the halloween legendary, but purchase fails every time.
Also i cant buy skill shards with trooper points, saying not enough points but i have over 10k at the moment.

SrG
10-31-2016, 01:33 PM
Not sure if mentioned, but while on the achievement screen, if I hit the phone's back button (not the icon in the top-left), it closes the game immediately. The back button works fine without doing this on all other screens.

Hypnos
10-31-2016, 01:51 PM
Although most of us here have really enjoyed the update and are thankful the devs brought out something new and fresh, the fear of the dark missions have really been a complete waste of time.

After completing the missions for the first time and receiving some great loot, spending 10 SoT on a minuscule chance of receiving a rare soul is substantially worse than playing the time rift. Even after playing fear of the dark madness well over a hundred times, I am yet to see a rare gunner/assassin soul or a skill shard!

At least with the dungeons, one has the chance of getting 3* evo shards and 5* shards to level characters for less SoT. To receive a 1* rainbow evo rune after spending 10 SoT is truly an insult.

Please devs, increase the drop rate of premium loot for the remainder of the event to make the fear of the dark missions worth the time and effort.

Heavy1974
10-31-2016, 02:01 PM
The Halloween event is pretty cool, though the drop rate was bad the last two days.
on the first day I recieved 2 rare Gunner/assassin souls an 5 normal rare souls on
level hard (not counting the loot of the first completion) within about 40 or 50 rounds.
The last two days i recieved no gunner/assasin soul and about 3 normal rare souls in
about 150 rounds....

Ringe666-7406
10-31-2016, 02:24 PM
Although most of us here have really enjoyed the update and are thankful the devs brought out something new and fresh, the fear of the dark missions have really been a complete waste of time.

After completing the missions for the first time and receiving some great loot, spending 10 SoT on a minuscule chance of receiving a rare soul is substantially worse than playing the time rift. Even after playing fear of the dark madness well over a hundred times, I am yet to see a rare gunner/assassin soul or a skill shard!

At least with the dungeons, one has the chance of getting 3* evo shards and 5* shards to level characters for less SoT. To receive a 1* rainbow evo rune after spending 10 SoT is truly an insult.

Please devs, increase the drop rate of premium loot for the remainder of the event to make the fear of the dark missions worth the time and effort.

I doubt this will be increased since the event is closing in two days... I would really like that it does happen though, one can never get enough skill shards :3

Frost
10-31-2016, 03:31 PM

+1 mister/missis

10 SoT to get normal loot from AK is disappointing as hell. The rare soul drop rate is in the 7% and I'm yet to see a skill shard or gunner soul or even another vampiric talisman.

Maybe the cool drops were the reward for completing the event first time in each difficult only? Because after the first play I got absolutely nothing the event promisses. If that's the case, please devs next time say it clear...