PDA

View Full Version : Samurai Eddie (Warrior Type)

Kaijester
07-22-2016, 12:35 AM

FURY

Way Of The Warrior
Deals physical damage to all enemies.
Grants Armor Penetration for 3 turns
Increases Physical Damage enemies taken for 3 turns.
The Armor Penetration status causesyour attacks to ignore the enemy’s defense
LV2/3/4/5 DMG+10/10/10/15%

BASIC ABILITY

Flashing Blade
Deals physical damage to a single target.
25% Chance to gain Class Advantage for 1 turn
Get an Extra Turn if you gain Class Advantage
LV2/3/5 DMG+5/10/15%
LV4 Effect Chance+10%

Cyclone Shield
Activate a Cyclone Shield for 2 turns.
Cyclone Shield reduce magic damage taken and reflect true damage to the attacker with a 35% Chance to drain their Fury Meter

Crimson Strike
Deals physical damage to a single target.
45% Chance to inflict Grievous Burn for 2 turns
Grievous Burn deals physical damage over time with a 35% chance to Reduce Healing and Stun the target every turn
LV2/4 Damage+10/15%
LV3/5 Effect Chance+5/10%

POWER ABILITY

Ronin Slash (4 PWR)
Deals physical damage to all enemies.
30% Chance to Taunt for 1 turn
Damage dealt increase based on the enemy’s Current HP
LV2/4 Damage+5/10%
LV3/5 Effect Chance+5/10%

Furious Charge (6 PWR)
Give Physical Charge to all allies for 2 turns.
Physical Charge doubles the effectiveness of the next physical damage ability used.

Soul Sheath (5 PWR)
Grants Lifesteal for 3 turns.
30% Chance to gain invincibility for 2 turns.
Lifesteal heals you for 60% of the physical damage you deal.

Vaseodin
07-29-2016, 03:14 PM
Max stats:
HP: 9388
ATK: 719
DEF: 679
MAGIC: 230
M. RESIST: 433
SPECIAL: 238

Elindor
08-04-2016, 09:49 AM
I have an ally that owns him... He's really good !

Jennie-5128
08-09-2016, 04:01 PM
Work around for the well-known glitch with this character's basic attack:

There's a no-cost attack in his future capabilities.

(I know most of you probably already know this but might be helpful to some)

aur0ra85
08-09-2016, 09:58 PM
This is the theoretical maximum damage build for samurai Eddie and these are his stats. Pretty straightforward stuff. Everything is max. All talismans in the build are Identical 5 star level 50 guardian Fierce.

Nekroliun
08-11-2016, 01:30 PM
His basic doesnt work? One of my troopers has him and his basic deals 1.5k-2k per every hit and with the extra turn, its kinda absurd how i got 4 turns in one turn

Jennie-5128
08-11-2016, 01:43 PM
His basic doesnt work? One of my troopers has him and his basic deals 1.5k-2k per every hit and with the extra turn, its kinda absurd how i got 4 turns in one turn

His basic DIDN'T work; they fixed it in the latest code push :)
I'm loving playing with him now :)

Nekroliun
08-11-2016, 03:02 PM
His basic DIDN'T work; they fixed it in the latest code push :)
I'm loving playing with him now :)

Oh, thanks for the info, goot to know that the angels, samurai eddie and some other major bugs have been fixed, some may not lime the latest update but u gotta give the devs appreciation, they are not sitting in an office eating nachos while watching as the forums crumbles after all.

Jennie-5128
08-11-2016, 03:41 PM
Indeed :)
We shall have to wait and see what's in the dungeons too :)

MadMax
08-24-2016, 09:30 PM
I have him at lvl 100, 5 skill shards to max and working on talismans now. He's a monster and very well rounded.

aur0ra85
08-25-2016, 12:36 AM
In honour of the green rift tonight, I pulled my max samurai out of mothballs.
Here is his basic attack in action on the boss, level 10. Enjoy troopers!

Kulimar
08-25-2016, 12:44 AM
Wow. What is the name of that ability and please post what your Talisman Slots look like. Also, what were your allies and buffs / enemy debuffs?

aur0ra85
08-25-2016, 12:46 AM
Talismans are posted in the pics above. It's his future basic. Just the passive attack buff from the hellhound I think. It's a hodgepodge party, I run the hound, purple harpy, blue allied God soldier.
I swiped out the harpy for moonchild's red bat, out it on auto, and beat level 10 in 4 turns. I guess I'm farming this rift tonight lol.

This is a pic of Ronin slash in action, AOE power move, every enemy gets hit. Samurai sucks, don't use him lol.

Enti
09-14-2016, 09:22 AM
I recently pulled Samurai Eddie from rare soul. Put the 6x guardian fierce talismans (interesting that my Eddie has +4581 attack instead of the +4605) and made 107k critical on Beelzebub Madness. Circumstances for that huge hit: armor penetration from Eddie's Fury skill, Alliance General's Power skill buffs and warrior Soulless Demon's ATK increase buff.

kjtaylor13
09-14-2016, 09:33 AM
Hi,

I think 4581 is correct.

Check out my Calculator in my signature below....

Where do you get the 4605?

Enti
09-14-2016, 10:03 AM
See aur0ra85's post on first page. I did my calculations as well and the 4581 is correct with the system rounding values down

aur0ra85
09-14-2016, 03:17 PM
I recently pulled Samurai Eddie from rare soul. Put the 6x guardian fierce talismans (interesting that my Eddie has +4581 attack instead of the +4605) and made 107k critical on Beelzebub Madness. Circumstances for that huge hit: armor penetration from Eddie's Fury skill, Alliance General's Power skill buffs and warrior Soulless Demon's ATK increase buff.

This is probably the record hardest hit.
Terrible character. Soldier Eddie is wayyyyyy better clearly, same with mummy Eddie. Obviously samurai does nerf damage rofl.
/sarcasm.

aur0ra85
09-14-2016, 03:24 PM
Hi,

I think 4581 is correct.

Check out my Calculator in my signature below....

Where do you get the 4605?

I've mentioned it multiple times in the forums not long after this game came out and got into some huge arguments about it. Guardian Fierce Talismans used to buff 20% of the attack stat, not the defense stat. Talisman had a broken modifier which automatically made it way better under any circumstance to the strength fierce. Certain people freaked out about it lol, and most people completely ignored my post.
They probably fixed the talisman so it actually scales defense now like it's supposed to.
Overnight I stopped posting my talisman testing, it's not worth the trouble, and people are going to believe what they want to anyway. I just keep the info to myself now.
Just sayin.

Enti
09-14-2016, 03:33 PM
I've mentioned it multiple times in the forums not long after this game came out and got into some huge arguments about it. Guardian Fierce Talismans used to buff 20% of the attack stat, not the defense stat. Talisman had a broken modifier which automatically made it way better under any circumstance to the strength fierce. Certain people freaked out about it lol, and most people completely ignored my post.
They probably fixed the talisman so it actually scales defense now like it's supposed to.
Overnight I stopped posting my talisman testing, it's not worth the trouble, and people are going to believe what they want to anyway. I just keep the info to myself now.
Just sayin.

Cool thanks for the clarification. And yeah, that 107k is way too nerfed

aur0ra85
09-14-2016, 03:43 PM
Cool thanks for the clarification. And yeah, that 107k is way too nerfed

You're welcome, clearly I'm not salty at all about being treated (abused, and told to zip it), like that and then being subsequently banned.

Enti
09-14-2016, 08:37 PM
This is probably the record hardest hit.
Terrible character. Soldier Eddie is wayyyyyy better clearly, same with mummy Eddie. Obviously samurai does nerf damage rofl.
/sarcasm.

Just noticed I forgot to pump myself with physical charge. Will try to add that tomorrow in sentinel time rift with warrior CotD trooper and see if I crit

Edit: managed to carry out the ATK, crit, armor break, physical charge, increased damage taken buff combo. Had to be extra cautious not to kill boss during the preparation phase. Sentinel Lord of Light X level (56k HP). I don't think I can go higher than this but I'm pretty much satisfied :D

aur0ra85
09-19-2016, 03:06 AM
Try it with my samurai. I've got all skills maxed. If yours isn't yet maxed, you might be able to break the record with him. Or maybe I'll try :P

Kaijester
09-19-2016, 03:18 AM
hnmmm...just for laugh.

aur0ra85
09-19-2016, 03:43 AM
I don't think he's worth a nerf, it's incredibly difficult to pull a hit off like that and not necessarily practical. Samruai is a fairly squishy character too, and he can't remove debuffs. Character needs solid/creative methods of support in party

Kaijester
09-19-2016, 05:13 AM
Any character with Taunt will come with decent DEF & MR...Cyborg Eddie is the real squishy one with 133 DEF / 133 MR at LV100.

Enti
09-21-2016, 05:28 PM
Try it with my samurai. I've got all skills maxed. If yours isn't yet maxed, you might be able to break the record with him. Or maybe I'll try :P

Thanks Drew, I sent a trooper request. If you accept, I'll try tomorrow what I can - you got it right, I don't have all my skills maxed and due to this I don't know which attack has the highest damage output in the same circumstances ;) Fortunately I have 49 active troopers now so I get a skill shard every 2-3 days \o/

aur0ra85
09-21-2016, 06:13 PM
Added. I'm pretty sure it's either crimson strike or ronin slash, just my guess tho.

Enti
09-21-2016, 06:18 PM
Interesting... For me it shows you rejected and not accepted. Am I listed among your troopers? XD

Nekroliun
09-21-2016, 07:29 PM
Just noticed I forgot to pump myself with physical charge. Will try to add that tomorrow in sentinel time rift with warrior CotD trooper and see if I crit

Edit: managed to carry out the ATK, crit, armor break, physical charge, increased damage taken buff combo. Had to be extra cautious not to kill boss during the preparation phase. Sentinel Lord of Light X level (56k HP). I don't think I can go higher than this but I'm pretty much satisfied :D

Only 186k? Pffft, what a weak char, ive seen RTTH do much more dmg

aur0ra85
09-21-2016, 09:40 PM
I've re-added you Enti, and setup my Max samurai Eddie as my trooper with the best talismans I've got. Let's see the new record tonight!

aur0ra85
09-25-2016, 02:30 AM
A note about samurai Eddie team builds:
Samurai Eddie is phenomenal, but unless you've got party members with particular skills on your team he's probably not the best option nor the most versatile. He's a selfish prick, and doesn't help his allies out much, so the trick is to build his allies around him to get the most success.
Samurai Eddie is a glass cannon, he has a great HP stat, but in order to function in the hardest dungeons on the madness settings he needs a tank (non negotiable), he needs a healer (non negotiable), and to get the most out of him with regards to damage, you need a character to buff his attack stat for these silly record breaking hits. In addition, if you've got a character that also removes debuffs from allies, that is also a bonus. Lastly, samurai Eddie has an AOE attack, but it costs 4 power, so if farming the dungeons or underworld is a priority, soldier Eddie is probably a better character (samurai is a much better boss killer IMO).
Talisman sets: 6 guardian fierce, no substitutes.

For tanks I've found Blue allied cheese soldier to be excellent as well as the red troll.

For buffs the best option appears to be the allied general, honorable mention to the red soulless demon and hellhound (blue allied cheese soldier also buffs him).

For healers I find hellhound to be indispensable, but I'm sure there is a long list in this category.

Anyone else find any solid synergies with samurai Eddie or suggestions please and thanks?

Edit: almost forgot, any team the synergizes well with Soldier Eddie is almost a seamless transition with samurai Eddie, and both eddies compliment each other very well. I won't start a battle without both in my Eddie slots with the max talismans available. It's worth it to max both characters and max two sets of talismans for them.
Enjoy.

Reeb99
09-25-2016, 08:08 AM
I don't have one, but I like using troopers' Samurai Eddies with Rocket Dog and Alliance General. The general buffs and keeps the power coming, and Rocket Dog provides the passive healing by doing damage. Fourth could either be another buffer or a PSS as backup healer/damage soaker upper. Just don't run that team in the gunner dungeon unless you want to get flattened after the boss steals your buffs.

Nicko
10-01-2016, 01:57 PM
A note about samurai Eddie team builds:

Anyone else find any solid synergies with samurai Eddie or suggestions please and thanks?

I pair him with the Nomad. His passive (Thrill) raises ATK for a couple rounds. Wish I had an Alliance General, but Samurai Eddie, Hellhound, and Nomad has been a pretty solid Warrior team...

oldrava-3320
10-01-2016, 04:32 PM
I pair him with wicker man 5* and he is so awesome I need 1 more 5* chars to be perfect at the game

Shifter
10-01-2016, 09:19 PM
SE, Hell Hound and Red Rocket are my core guys. autoplay everything but gunner with this team or last 3 UW Madness spots. Gunner is safe to 8 but need to play myself for 9 & 10. Love taking the general with them though, wish I had one, but thankfully I have several troopers that have them.

Fudjo
11-12-2016, 06:04 AM
A couple of days ago I got a Samurai Eddie from a standard rare soul (not a red rare soul). Is this a change in the rare soul drops, or has this always been possible?

Esquatcho
11-12-2016, 10:36 AM
Pretty sure it always has been possible.... But very rare! I'd be over the moon with such an Eddie from a rare soul!

90mphyorker
12-03-2016, 11:03 PM
I keep wasting so many Trooper points trying to get this guy.

Should be stacking my Trooper points for if Trooper Eddie does become available via Trooper points or for skill shards, but thr lure of Samurai Ed is too much.

When will I get luck or learn? I'd guessing it'll be the later.

Fudjo
01-13-2017, 03:40 AM
Talisman sets: 6 guardian fierce, no substitutes.

If the set bonus is based on base DEF, wouldn't it be better to use Guardian (Safeguard) to protect against magical attacks?

Nicko
01-13-2017, 03:47 AM
A couple of days ago I got a Samurai Eddie from a standard rare soul (not a red rare soul). Is this a change in the rare soul drops, or has this always been possible?

That's how I've gotten almost all of my characters, including Samurai Eddie. The only time I've gone for colored souls was trying to get Viking Eddie - didn't get him from those - but DID get him from a regular rare soul

Nicko
01-13-2017, 03:51 AM
If the set bonus is based on base DEF, wouldn't it be better to use Guardian (Safeguard) to protect against magical attacks?

Fierce used to provide a huge ATK increase compared to other red talismans. Back then it would be a waste to use anything other than Fierce Talismans. They were nerfed a while ago, with ATK equal between the red talismans, so mixing in some Safeguard definitely makes sense

Fudjo
01-13-2017, 06:28 AM
Ahhhh gotcha. Thanks for the heads-up!

osiris0000
03-30-2017, 12:26 PM
Hello everyone!

I recently got a Samurai Eddie from a single Rare Warrior Soul purchased from Arena Store.. What a surprise!
He is one of the coolest looking Eddies out here, and i know how crazy damage he can deal with the right team.

I have just finished feeding my GR Eddie with Skillshards (what a relief..)
Now i am considering to max my Samurai. Question is simple: Is he worth it? Any experience will be appreciated!

Enti
03-30-2017, 04:00 PM
Hello everyone!

I recently got a Samurai Eddie from a single Rare Warrior Soul purchased from Arena Store.. What a surprise!
He is one of the coolest looking Eddies out here, and i know how crazy damage he can deal with the right team.

I have just finished feeding my GR Eddie with Skillshards (what a relief..)
Now i am considering to max my Samurai. Question is simple: Is he worth it? Any experience will be appreciated!

This hit was recorded by me before the Samurai dmg reduction; curious about bringing it back. Decide for yourself (mine fully sharded)

Askora
06-15-2017, 02:31 PM
Something strange going on. Playing around with my Samurai in Sentinel Lol. Hit the boss with Fury, have AoF, so kill off the newborns and golden sons with another character to get my extra turn.

What's odd is that after the fury if I get a perfect hit with Samurai he does 11136 points of damage. A good hit results in 14789 points of damage. A late hit or ok hit results in 12322 points of damage.

Talismans are 4 piercing (mix of safeguard and fierce) and 2 green overwhelming for some health. Not really understanding why a good hit seems to be the sweet spot. Or why a late hit would do more damage than perfect.

Anybody got any thoughts on this? Seems buggy to me, but could be beneficial on pvp defense where a perfect hit isn't guaranteed.

Enti
06-15-2017, 02:41 PM
Something strange going on. Playing around with my Samurai in Sentinel Lol. Hit the boss with Fury, have AoF, so kill off the newborns and golden sons with another character to get my extra turn.

What's odd is that after the fury if I get a perfect hit with Samurai he does 11136 points of damage. A good hit results in 14789 points of damage. A late hit or ok hit results in 12322 points of damage.

Talismans are 4 piercing (mix of safeguard and fierce) and 2 green overwhelming for some health. Not really understanding why a good hit seems to be the sweet spot. Or why a late hit would do more damage than perfect.

Anybody got any thoughts on this? Seems buggy to me, but could be beneficial on pvp defense where a perfect hit isn't guaranteed.

Strange, but fury provides some buffs, which might wear off. Can't reproduce the same what you were seeing, but will check it this evening and provide some feedback on what my experiences are

scott-5496
06-16-2017, 10:36 AM
I have used my Samurai on attack for many, many months as he was one of my first to be sharded as I always used to prefer Warrior teams as I had the best set out of the different types as Warrior so I am biased. I love his basic as I do get a lot of additional attacks usually but I don't tend to use much else other than his awesome fury move. Mine is not fully sharded as what is left is not that important to my tactics but in the right team he can be superb. I tend to go for longer battles and less use of power moves due to my tactics but I would always go with him on LOL Warrior and Sentinel as with other reds he is a beast - I usually have Nomad (or two), sometimes Artillery Dog/Troll/Wickerman or ABB as his partners in crime and easy to auto all levels other than Beast Madness with that fully loaded crew.

Askora
06-16-2017, 11:40 AM
Strange, but fury provides some buffs, which might wear off. Can't reproduce the same what you were seeing, but will check it this evening and provide some feedback on what my experiences are

His fury provides armor penetration, which should give the same effect as the piercing talismans. Not sure if that's where the odd effect is coming from. It also, ignites the enemy to provide greater damage.

It happened for me every time. I first noticed it when I missed a perfect hit. Then I started playing around with it and figured out that perfect was worse than anything else. Definitely worth playing around with it some more. Could be useful in pvp. :cool:

Askora
06-18-2017, 05:19 PM
Found the problem with my Samurai doing better damage on a good hit vs a perfect hit.

Hard to believe, but it's a bug! :D

Same problem with my GRE and penetrating talismans. Apparently the round they proc you aren't getting the buff. Which means if they proc again when you have the buff, you don't get it that round.

Browno
06-18-2017, 06:56 PM
This bug only occur after fury move?

Askora
06-18-2017, 07:05 PM
This bug only occur after fury move?

No, that was just how I first noticed it. The bug is with the penetrating and piercing talismans. Apparently you get the buff the turn after they proc. So, if they proc again, you lose the buff and it's reapplied and you have to wait another turn to see the damage boost.

Figured it out using my gre. If the penetrating counter stayed at 2, he did less damage than when it changes from 2 to 1. I sent a bug report about both talisman sets.

Fudjo
06-24-2017, 03:35 PM
July 2017 Tuning:

http://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?6365

Soul Sheath:
Now grants an Extra Turn.

TheAlbatross-1864
06-04-2018, 01:22 AM
What song is the source of inspiration for samauri eddie?

90mphyorker
06-04-2018, 08:59 AM
The artwork for the 2011 Japanese event shirt.

Diamondhead2112
06-05-2018, 10:43 PM
The song Sun and Steel on Piece of Mind is about samurai

Stormseye
10-30-2018, 11:45 PM
Playing with new updates and was dealing 103k with extra turns. Running with Echo and Advantage to ensure extra turns. Paired with Alchemist, Magus Lillith and Sekhmet. Despite the extra turn from his Fury, Sekhmet Fury is better for damage.