PDA

View Full Version : Carriage Rider Eddie (Magus Type)

Kaijester
07-22-2016, 12:37 AM

FURY

Black Embrace
Deals magic damage to all enemies.
Remove Beneficial Effects from enemies.
Raises All Stats of allies.
Lower All Stats of enemies
LV2/3 DMG+10/20%

BASIC ABILITY

Scythe
30% Chance to Transfer Negative Effects to enemies.
LV2/4 DMG+10/15%
LV3/5 Effect Chance+5/10%

Wither
50% Chance to Loer Magic and MR for 2 turns and increase your own.

Life Line
Grants Spell Vamp to allies for 2 turns.
Spell Vamp Heals for 60% of the magic damage you deal.

POWER ABILITY

Torch (3 PWR)
Deals magic damage to a single target.
Remove Debuffs and Heals self.
75% Chance to Regen HP to a random ally for 2 turns
LV2 Healing+15%
LV3/5 DMG+10/15%
LV4 Effect Chance+15%

Preserve (5 PWR)
Heals all allies.
Increase Effect Duration of positive effects.
Heal amount is based on your MAGIC stat.
LV2/3/4 Healing+5/10/15%

Ghost (7 PWR)
Grants Immunity for 4 turns.
Grants Ghost for 4 turns.
Ghost prevent death, but permanently kills the target once the effect expires.

moongod
07-22-2016, 02:21 AM
AOE, debuffs, party healing, high damage and utility. This guy absolutely rakes.

Mistikman-3331
07-22-2016, 05:02 AM
I really want one of these, do they only come in 4* varieties? I have never seen a 3*

Vaseodin
07-22-2016, 02:42 PM
I really want one of these, do they only come in 4* varieties? I have never seen a 3*

I can attest to the fact that they do come in 3*. I got one at 3 stars right now.

Rodrigo-3281
07-22-2016, 06:10 PM
I got mine at 3*. I currently have him at Lvl 80 4*. Now farming for the evo shards to get him to 5*. Add me if you want to use him as he's a total beast.

BillLion
07-23-2016, 10:07 PM
I just pulled him at 4*s today (my 2nd 4* character). I'm pretty pumped! Just farming some gold to get him leveled quickly.

So far he's pretty amazing.

daisu1-4294
07-24-2016, 11:11 AM
What some of the best talisman choices you have for this eddie? I am using Holy magic boosters but wondered if some better choices?

BillLion
07-24-2016, 04:25 PM
What some of the best talisman choices you have for this eddie? I am using Holy magic boosters but wondered if some better choices?

I'm new to him so take what I say with a grain of salt. But it seems best to get his magic as high as possible so I'm running a set of holy talismans, a set of shock talismans and an extra ivory talisman. I'm open to ideas too!

Vaseodin
07-25-2016, 04:57 PM
I would exchange the shock talismans for ones that boost your magic (i.e Holy or Paladin). The shock damage doesn't always happen (has to proc) and even then it's very negligible. If you get a stat boost, it will apply to ALL of your attacks, and the amount will increase as your character gets stronger (evolves, levels, etc).

BillLion
07-25-2016, 06:06 PM
I would exchange the shock talismans for ones that boost your magic (i.e Holy or Paladin). The shock damage doesn't always happen (has to proc) and even then it's very negligible. If you get a stat boost, it will apply to ALL of your attacks, and the amount will increase as your character gets stronger (evolves, levels, etc).

That's a solid suggestion; thanks! I'm going to level those and swap to see the difference.

sentinel_
08-02-2016, 11:07 AM
For me, one of the best Eddies,
I have it at 4 stars, lv80.
He had made the game easy, with really bad fellows I have achieved 3 skulls on all levels till MADNESS on the "army" stages, and till HARD on "demon" stages

The only bad point is his low hit points, if all the bad guys attach you at the begining of the combat, they kill you. (a critical from a sentinel can also kill you).
I'm using 4 penetrating talisman (to avoid MR of enimies) , and ine green talisman to increase his hit points.

The best power is the Torch (3 PWR), it does great damage, and it heals you a lot, and is really cheap (when your avatar is in a good level you win 3 power points all rounds, therefor you may use it all rounds)
This makes the diference with other eddies, he can wing all alone a battle, and to figth for looonnggg time. (the worts is when someone stuns/freeze you... then you are nearly dead)

His secong better is the fury. Removing the beneficials from the bad guys, increasing your stats, and decreasing the enemy stats is amazing.

Dutch
08-04-2016, 11:08 AM
i think the best talismans for him are the paladin arcane ones, they seem slighlty better than the holy ones by a few points, im running 4 holy fully maxed and 2 paladins fully maxed but in the middle of getting the other paladins maxed out which will substitute the holy ones, i rarely get killed, he's maxed out at lvl 100 and has mad healing skills, his fury is awesome too, even though it wont do much damage during the round, next round its 1 hit kills all most of the time.

Vaseodin
08-04-2016, 02:31 PM
He had made the game easy, with really bad fellows I have achieved 3 skulls on all levels till MADNESS on the "army" stages, and till HARD on "demon" stages

The only bad point is his low hit points, if all the bad guys attach you at the begining of the combat, they kill you. (a critical from a sentinel can also kill you).
I'm using 4 penetrating talisman (to avoid MR of enimies) , and ine green talisman to increase his hit points.

The best power is the Torch (3 PWR), it does great damage, and it heals you a lot, and is really cheap (when your avatar is in a good level you win 3 power points all rounds, therefor you may use it all rounds)
This makes the diference with other eddies, he can wing all alone a battle, and to figth for looonnggg time. (the worts is when someone stuns/freeze you... then you are nearly dead)

His secong better is the fury. Removing the beneficials from the bad guys, increasing your stats, and decreasing the enemy stats is amazing.

I agree. He is really strong but lacks survivability. You can theoretically sacrifice some damage and put a green talisman to up his Health, but I haven't tried this on mine to see if makes a huge difference. I did that with my mummy dog and he still hits hard AND survives. So I would assume this Eddie could benefit from that to round him out. He seems very well balanced with a great skill mix. Almost right up there with soldier Eddie.

Dutch
08-04-2016, 02:35 PM
I agree. He is really strong but lacks survivability. You can theoretically sacrifice some damage and put a green talisman to up his Health, but I haven't tried this on mine to see if makes a huge difference. I did that with my mummy dog and he still hits hard AND survives. So I would assume this Eddie could benefit from that to round him out. He seems very well balanced with a great skill mix. Almost right up there with soldier Eddie.

Along with Soldier he's by far the best one i think, as far as survivability, i think his torch ability is awesome, i regain close to full health and a 75% chance of a regen on an ally, also his preserve heals all allies back to max, so where soldier is a massive hitter, ability wise i would favour carriage, but thats just me

kryton
08-19-2016, 11:51 AM
I just got him from a Legendary Soul(finally beat Underworld Madness) and was wondering how good is he now after the nerf bat snuck up on him? I know in the beginning,from using troopers,he was a beast and I really wanted him. Also is the Paladin and Holy Talismans still the way to set him up?

Thanks

Dutch
08-19-2016, 12:08 PM
I just got him from a Legendary Soul(finally beat Underworld Madness) and was wondering how good is he now after the nerf bat snuck up on him? I know in the beginning,from using troopers,he was a beast and I really wanted him. Also is the Paladin and Holy Talismans still the way to set him up?

Thanks

i had him set up with all arcane paladins

BillLion
08-24-2016, 01:17 PM
Finally got the magus evo shards needed and brought my carriage eider to 5*s!

Question: How bad was his recent nerf and what did it impact? Is it mostly his damage output?

This was my main Eddie until I pulled Pharaoh Eddie. He did great for me until Underworld and then I hit a wall with him at 4*s because of his low HP. I'd love to see this guy rocking my team again!

Also, I had all magus talismans on him before which is why he was such a glass cannon. I've swapped 2 for sentinel talismans to boost his HP so I hope that helps.

Dutch
08-24-2016, 01:23 PM
they nerfed him a bit on his magic output by about a 100, i have all arcane paladins on mine and he is still my favourite eddie so congrats getting him to 5*, one of the best team healers in the game

BillLion
08-24-2016, 01:31 PM
they nerfed him a bit on his magic output by about a 100, i have all arcane paladins on mine and he is still my favourite eddie so congrats getting him to 5*, one of the best team healers in the game

Thanks! A pinch, but not too bad. I need to tighten up my talismans a bit; 3 sets but a bit of a hodge podge (2 paladins: arcane & sorcery; 2 Holy: sorcery & arcane & 2 health talisman (ward). I'd love to have him all blue because that'll make him hit much harder and I'm bottlenecked w/ green for other characters now.

Do you find survivability an issue w/ all arcane paladins?

Dutch
08-24-2016, 01:35 PM
Thanks! A pinch, but not too bad. I need to tighten up my talismans a bit; 3 sets but a bit of a hodge podge (2 paladins: arcane & sorcery; 2 Holy: sorcery & arcane & 2 health talisman (ward). I'd love to have him all blue because that'll make him hit much harder and I'm bottlenecked w/ green for other characters now.

Do you find survivability an issue w/ all arcane paladins?

Not at all, i have a 5* troll in my teamn so that makes a bit of a difference but when in a tight spot just hit that Torch ability, massive damage and almost full cleanse

aur0ra85
08-24-2016, 01:39 PM
I'm rocking two Health Wards, and the rest paladin power/arcane. He's tanky enough to survive a couple rounds without a shield or heal now.
I wouldn't recommend ever upgrading a sorcery talisman to five stars. Most of the high end bad guys at end game do true damage and a sorcery talisman will be useless at this point. I'd like to swap out my health ward for health overwhelming, I know this is nerfing his magic stat even more, but it's an extra 4k in hit points. End game bad guys hit hard and a turn spent healing is a turn spent wasted.

BillLion
08-24-2016, 01:47 PM
Thanks Dutch & Aurora -very helpful!

I kind of shelved him for awhile, he's going to be a project of mine to make him worthy of 5* status now.

OpticSugar
08-24-2016, 02:46 PM
I just came up with a great comeback strategy if your team is dying and low on health and you have a Carriage Rider and a Pharaoh Eddie. I came across this when trying to revive some fallen troops only to have them killed again the next round. What I did was:

- fill up your fury meter (and try to have some reserve energy)
- wait until there is just one enemy and they are in the red at the beginning of a round, then...
- 'Revive All' your troops with the Pharaoh (the resurrected will be dangerously low on HP of course)
- kill the last enemy with your remaining troops
- your weak resurrected troops will survive a round and gain a little HP for the next round
- use your Pharaoh's 'Slave to Death' fury ability to give your whole party three rounds of invincibility
- next round, switch to Carriage Rider Eddie and spam his 'Preserve' ability to heal your party. I say spam because this ability will also 'Increase Effect Duration' of positive effects - including the invincibility! So as long as you can afford the 5 energy each round, you can live forever and heal your entire party along the way! "Don't call it a comeback!" :cool:

Who says you have to be a slave to the power of death?

Vaseodin
08-24-2016, 02:52 PM
Great tip optic sugar!

BillLion
08-24-2016, 03:12 PM
Yeah, that's pretty freaking phenomenal and since I have both characters I have the power to make my evil take its course!

slauki
08-24-2016, 10:13 PM
I just came up with a great comeback strategy if your team is dying and low on health and you have a Carriage Rider and a Pharaoh Eddie. I came across this when trying to revive some fallen troops only to have them killed again the next round. What I did was:

- fill up your fury meter (and try to have some reserve energy)
- wait until there is just one enemy and they are in the red at the beginning of a round, then...
- 'Revive All' your troops with the Pharaoh (the resurrected will be dangerously low on HP of course)
- kill the last enemy with your remaining troops
- your weak resurrected troops will survive a round and gain a little HP for the next round
- use your Pharaoh's 'Slave to Death' fury ability to give your whole party three rounds of invincibility
- next round, switch to Carriage Rider Eddie and spam his 'Preserve' ability to heal your party. I say spam because this ability will also 'Increase Effect Duration' of positive effects - including the invincibility! So as long as you can afford the 5 energy each round, you can live forever and heal your entire party along the way! "Don't call it a comeback!" :cool:

Who says you have to be a slave to the power of death?

a very good tactic. just need a pharao eddie to do that :-) . he is on my wishlist, but we all now how hard it is to get these kind of characters... maybe the devs should implement a tiny chance to get a legendary soul in the secret levels or in the dungeons, this would be great :-)

OpticSugar
08-24-2016, 10:29 PM
I don't have a Pharaoh... I just have a bunch of trooper's with level 100 Pharaohs, hehe. I really want one of my own now!

BillLion
08-25-2016, 12:43 PM
I don't have a Pharaoh... I just have a bunch of trooper's with level 100 Pharaohs, hehe. I really want one of my own now!

He was just OK before, but with the upgrade (prior to last night's) they buffed him with AOE invincibility and increased his defense-scaled damage so he's a beast!

MetalWarrior
09-08-2016, 05:08 AM
I've stuffed whatever talisman i had into my carriage rider,please advise a better combination.
check the current condition :

https://youtu.be/iN1F7gzNlSg

Dutch
09-08-2016, 06:46 AM
The holy ones are good you can ditch the guardian red one and the yellow ones for either more holy or Paladins or health ones

MetalWarrior
09-08-2016, 07:29 AM
The holy ones are good you can ditch the guardian red one and the yellow ones for either more holy or Paladins or health ones

Surely,thanks a bunch! .. so blue and green on him,easy peasy lemon squeezy :D

Dutch
09-08-2016, 09:10 AM
Yeah thats what i use at times, i have freezing and holy on him now

podstrahuy
09-14-2016, 12:28 PM
My favourite Eddie.
I'm using only Holy and Paladin talismans, I don't care about survivability, I have assassin Golden Son that makes Eddie immortal.

I've noticed that basic Wither is much more useful than Scythe, it makes more initial damage, great chance to reduce MR and gain magic to self so the next attack is about 20-30% more powerful. But Wither doesn't work with chance talismans like freeze or blind, also not sure about magic penetration.

OpticSugar
09-14-2016, 01:15 PM
My favourite Eddie.
I'm using only Holy and Paladin talismans, I don't care about survivability, I have assassin Golden Son that makes Eddie immortal.

I've noticed that basic Wither is much more useful than Scythe, it makes more initial damage, great chance to reduce MR and gain magic to self so the next attack is about 20-30% more powerful. But Wither doesn't work with chance talismans like freeze or blind, also not sure about magic penetration.

This is my favorite Eddie (that I currently own) as well.

I have him fitted with Freeze talismans, so I tend to use Scythe a lot, but I actually didn't realize that Wither did more damage.

I love his fury attack... both the animation and it's function. Four great functions:
- Strips all enemies of all buffs...
- strips all teammates of debuffs...
- gives all enemies a bunch of debuffs...
- and gives all teammates a bunch of buffs!
- oh yeah... and it also dishes out some decent AoE damage... FIVE great functions!

It basically swaps out all of the enemies weapons with nerf versions of their weapons for three rounds, lol!

podstrahuy
09-14-2016, 01:24 PM
OpticSugar, and don't forget that his fury also removes a lot of passives, such as Lord of Light's 'become ghost', 'counterstrike' or 'titan shield'.

OpticSugar
09-14-2016, 01:31 PM
OpticSugar, and don't forget that his fury also removes a lot of passives, such as Lord of Light's 'become ghost' or 'counterstrike'.

uhhh, I did not know that! That explains the mystery of why sometimes the boss doesn't execute his passive! LOL
Thanks for the intel Podstrahuy!

[in my best Transylvanian voice]
okay six... SIX great functions...

[lightning strike]
Ahh, ahh ahh ahhhh!

SymboliC
10-17-2016, 05:22 PM
Does Carriage Rider's basic attacks always have some sort of delay when the damage occurs?

At first, I was okay with it, maybe it's always that way. But I sometimes get a swing with his scythe where the damage occurs just right after Eddie swings the scythe. So it got me thinking.

Is my game bugged with the delay? Or is it always like that?

Oh, bonus question for those who might be able to help: for people who have their Carriage Riders ar 5*, where did you guys get your 3* blue evo's?

Aristo4
10-17-2016, 05:37 PM
After the scythe goes to lowest point,right then I get the 'perfect' description and right after the damage amount, wasn't it always like that?

About the shards, the only answer now is repeating magus Lord of Light to death, lvls 7-10.
I personally got them back in july/august when they were dropping randomly about everywhere. He was my first 4* and 5* also:cool:

Witkacy
10-17-2016, 08:12 PM
About blue 3* evos - like an Aristo said - for now only Lol (Lord of Light blue day) Time Rift, stages 7-10... The greater the stage, the better chances to get your evos... But this is in theory and the practice is another story - at least now... Good luck :)

Rayray131
10-17-2016, 09:59 PM
Still don't understand why when I use the scythe on my enemies that are in the red, they go right up to orange or yellow in the same move.

Nifelheim
10-25-2016, 03:54 AM
Finally enhamced him to 5* level100 and a bit disappointed in his damage output. Case study: time rift lol stage X. Magus Affinity over warrior
Carriage Eddie with six 5* holy talisman = magic stat of 894+3210
Blue allied with only two 5* paladin talisman and three 4* freeze talisman, one green rune = magic stat of 856 +1859

Carriage rider perfect hit give 4111 damage
Blue allied perfect damage 4889 damage

No buffs in place

The math just doesn't add with CRE almost twice magic stat but not hitting harder. I have screen shots of damage.

Maybe these talismans do not stack?

Ill probably swap some talismans on him and experiment.

niche
10-25-2016, 04:01 AM

Great suggestion, thank you for sharing

Nicko
10-25-2016, 02:18 PM
Finally enhamced him to 5* level100 and a bit disappointed in his damage output. Case study: time rift lol stage X. Magus Affinity over warrior
Carriage Eddie with six 5* holy talisman = magic stat of 894+3210
Blue allied with only two 5* paladin talisman and three 4* freeze talisman, one green rune = magic stat of 856 +1859

Carriage rider perfect hit give 4111 damage
Blue allied perfect damage 4889 damage

No buffs in place

The math just doesn't add with CRE almost twice magic stat but not hitting harder. I have screen shots of damage.

Maybe these talismans do not stack?

Ill probably swap some talismans on him and experiment.

Which attack? Scythe or Wither?

Nifelheim
10-25-2016, 05:21 PM
Scythe. Just tried wither and he hit for 4672 damage

Nicko
10-25-2016, 05:59 PM
Hmmm. Mine is fully maxed on Talismans - 894 + 3119 - and I'm only hitting 3576 with Scythe in the Level X dungeon. 515 seems like a big difference for 89 points of magic

My Scythe is level two - what is yours? Have you leveled it up at all?

Nifelheim
10-25-2016, 06:48 PM
Scythe and wither are maxed level. Allied soldier Basic atk is also maxed

Aristo4
10-25-2016, 07:59 PM
LoL level 10, warrior.

torch - 8567
wither - 3966
syche - 3490

I have 3 freeze, 2 holy, 1 health....only 2513 Mag stat. All skills maxxed.

btw...anybody noticed a drop on lvl 10 when the boss has half HP? 8,5K first time hitting the boss, 6,7K, when boss's HP is half with torch. same with sytch.
Is there a hidden description on torch, that says 'scales on opponents HP'?

Browno
11-04-2016, 10:53 PM
Is he still achievable as 3 drop or only 4*?

Aristo4
11-04-2016, 11:01 PM
Is he still achievable as 3 drop or only 4*?

I think he always was a 4*.

http://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?1852-Character-drops-per-soul

Leo_ID
11-14-2016, 05:20 AM
Just bought ONE magus soul, open it, and it's him (God I'm lucky!)

I immediately move all the talismans on Grim Reaper to Carriage Rider. I have to say, I prefer the Carriage Rider. IMO he's a better caster and his Fury is sick.
I've noticed when I play Light Bringer (Underworld secret location) on Madness, he does more damage in the latter battle (Wither deals 3-4k damage on the warriors in the second battle, then deals 6-7k damage in the last battle with the hellhounds). Is this one of his ability or is this just a bug?

FilipMurray
01-04-2017, 08:05 AM
I really love him! He is one of the best Eddies for sure.
I am lucky to have two of them.

blade685
01-04-2017, 12:36 PM
I really love him! He is one of the best Eddies for sure.
I am lucky to have two of them.
you need 2 CR for what? ^^

satani
01-04-2017, 12:53 PM
you need 2 CR for what? ^^

two characters off the same type can be very useful. I played with 2 samurai's for a bit time.

When my samurai 1 was nearing it's death, i switched to the other and continued. Well, the samurai lacks healing and his livesteal is often too late, as the next round he would attack and get life back, he will be dead and his invulnaribility is too rareley triggered. Yet other eddies, which have active (base move) or power move healing (fotd, cr, storm, GR, and some others), i think do not need a second "twin" to compete with.

Yet the carriage rider has two powerful healing moves, one of them is basic and the ghost mode, plus lifesteal. so unless you're silenced and healing blocked on the CR, i also see also no need for a second one. exept maybe for stacking the dupe eddies and waiting for sacrifice.

blade685
01-04-2017, 01:05 PM
two characters off the same type can be very useful. I played with 2 samurai's for a bit time.

When my samurai 1 was nearing it's death, i switched to the other and continued. Well, the samurai lacks healing and his livesteal is often too late, as the next round he would attack and get life back, he will be dead and his invulnaribility is too rareley triggered. Yet other eddies, which have active (base move) or power move healing (fotd, cr, storm, GR, and some others), i think do not need a second "twin" to compete with.

Yet the carriage rider has two powerful healing moves, one of them is basic and the ghost mode, plus lifesteal. so unless you're silenced and healing blocked on the CR, i also see also no need for a second one. exept maybe for stacking the dupe eddies and waiting for sacrifice.
ah ok i need only one with my team and don't want to mount 6 more talismans for him :)

scott-5496
01-04-2017, 02:47 PM
I have many dupe Eddie's of several types - all waiting for sacrifice and what that may bring. Though I too have used a second back up eddie on several occasions in secret missions in Underworld. I tend to just have my Samurai as lead backed up by CR and GR (for revive skill).

Browno
04-24-2017, 07:39 AM
Finally got this dude! I have wanted him since i started in august. Is he still worth sharding or is there better things now? 13 shards for an eddie is not much :)

MoonShadow
04-24-2017, 08:07 AM
This is also one of my favorite Eddies, I was really glad in pulling him a few months ago and I've sharded him to the max.

I used him on attack and also on defense on PvP since last week, but I admit I'm not such an intense player, more of a casual.

Anyway, although his usual magic tricks are good (but could've been be better), I really liked him on attacks, his special fury move is one of the best in the game, as it can remove endure, titan shields, healing buffs etc., so the other companions can hit really hard after, considering also that this move raises their stats and lowers the enemies' one.

But... it cand be a glass cannon on defense, and a couple of greens could easy wipe him out in the first round... and everyone seems to have greens in their defense. ;) .... and lots of void shields.

Browno
05-09-2017, 06:02 AM
Is the damage on Black Embrace done before or after all status effects are applied?

MoonShadow
05-09-2017, 06:31 AM
Hmm, not 100% sure, but I've always thought that the Black Embrace damage is done before all status effects are applied.

GrimDusk
06-25-2017, 05:41 AM
Just got him today, what's a good Talisman set up? Currently I have the 2 set that gives plus 15% magic, and the freeze talisman 3 set. He's still only a 4 star, but I just need to get him to level 80 and I can evolve him. Also, what is he good for?

HuckFinn150
01-28-2019, 04:50 PM
Sadly, even with oracle's maxed and fully sharded he's still useless.