PDA

View Full Version : EVENT EXTENDED! - Limited Time Halloween Event Running until November 3!

Leviathan
10-28-2016, 11:50 PM
UPDATE: WE'VE EXTENDED OUR HALLOWEEN EVENT TO NOVEMBER 3!

We’ve opened up a secret location exclusively for Halloween!

Head to the Ailing Kingdom now1 and discover an all-new level with Halloween themed backgrounds and enemies, including a terrifying new boss....

Play this secret location on all difficulties to win exciting rewards including our revamped Vampiric Talismans.

Potential drops include:

Normal: Exclusive Vampiric Talismans2, Rare Souls
Hard: All rewards found on Normal + Rare Gunner/Assassin Souls
Madness: All rewards found on Hard + Skill Shards

Fear of the Dark Eddie is Here

Fear of the Dark Eddie is the latest sinister addition to the Book of Souls (http://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?3160-Fear-of-the-Dark-Eddie-(Sentinel-Type)). Take the opportunity to witness him in action. Battle him in our Halloween Secret Location NOW.

During our Halloween event only, you have a greater chance of summoning Fear of the Dark Eddie using Rare, Legendary and Sentinel Souls!

Finally, this update also sees the addition of other new characters including:

Corrupted Ox Cultist (Assassin) ****
Wicker Golem (Assassin) ***
Haunted Pumpkin (Warrior) ***
Haunted Pumpkin (Magus) ***
Haunted Pumpkin (Sentinel) ***
Chattering Skulls (Gunner) **
Chattering Skull (Assassin) **

Note: The Haunted Pumpkins are limited edition characters, and will only be available through the Book of Souls during the Halloween event!

This event is only on for a limited time - It will disappear forever November 3 at 2pm PST!

1You must complete The Shadow of the Wicker Man (last quest in the Ailing Kingdom on Normal) to unlock this event!
2Vampiric Talismans: NOW 45% chance to heal for 15% of Max HP on Perfect attack[/I]

Kaijester
10-29-2016, 02:32 AM
Can anyone post the ability of the Pumpkins?

Rygone
10-29-2016, 03:35 AM
Can anyone post the ability of the Pumpkins?

Sentinel Haunted Pumpkin :
http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2016/43/1477711949-screenshot-2016-10-29-05-14-23.jpg

Kardas
10-29-2016, 08:31 AM
Thanks Leviathan! This will go beautifully on my Soul drops thread

Nifelheim
10-29-2016, 09:00 AM
I have 3 of the warrior pumpkins. If someone knows how to format/post stats, my ID is nifelheim-2173

ErikInVegas
10-29-2016, 10:12 AM
*** Haunted Pumpkin magus

I think a google spreadsheet would be more useful.

Erik-0726

Qed
10-29-2016, 10:50 AM
Can you play the special levels only once per day or you can farm them?

Ancient Mariner
10-29-2016, 11:20 AM
you can farm them

ErikInVegas
10-29-2016, 11:26 AM

You can farm but the drops after the first time have been awful.

I went and cashed in 5 more rare souls and got 5 more dupes - including the 3* magus pumpkin I already got.

Ancient Mariner
10-29-2016, 11:28 AM
You can farm but the drops after the first time have been awful.

I went and cashed in 5 more rare souls and got 5 more dupes - including the 3* magus pumpkin I already got.

yep i just played the madness halloween level again and got one 1*evo rune lol, not sure if bugged or intended to be special just for the first time, but definitely not worth to play them again

osogaru
10-29-2016, 12:06 PM
Somebody know if the limited pumpkings drops only from rare souls or also from regular souls ?

Ubajoa
10-29-2016, 03:41 PM
They drop from regular souls since they are 3*. I pulled the sentinel pumpkin from a 99 stack of regular souls.

osogaru
10-29-2016, 03:56 PM
They drop from regular souls since they are 3*. I pulled the sentinel pumpkin from a 99 stack of regular souls.

thank you ! so I will try with regular souls :)

blade685
10-29-2016, 04:40 PM
for me in hard drop are bad too only 1 evo rune 2* and only crap items ...

Frost
10-29-2016, 04:55 PM
What about FotD Eddie? will he be available after the event?

Ubajoa
10-29-2016, 05:02 PM
During our Halloween event only, you have a greater chance of summoning Fear of the Dark Eddie using Rare, Legendary and Sentinel Souls!

Finally, this update also sees the addition of other new characters including:

Corrupted Ox Cultist (Assassin) ****
Wicker Golem (Assassin) ***
Haunted Pumpkin (Warrior) ***
Haunted Pumpkin (Magus) ***
Haunted Pumpkin (Sentinel) ***
Chattering Skulls (Gunner) **
Chattering Skull (Assassin) **

Note: The Haunted Pumpkins are limited edition characters, and will only be available through the Book of Souls during the Halloween event!

This states FotD eddie have a greater chance of summoning during the event so he will be available after but will be harder to get. Only the pumpkins are limited edition characters.

Witkacy
10-29-2016, 07:04 PM
This states FotD eddie have a greater chance of summoning during the event so he will be available after but will be harder to get. Only the pumpkins are limited edition characters.

Ubajoa :)

Well... I think I've opened over 40 rare souls and no sign of FOTD Eddie - if this is called ''greater chance'' then I wonder how many souls I will need to open after the event... 200? 400? 1000?

Hellrider
10-30-2016, 05:40 AM

Well... I think I've opened over 40 rare souls and no sign of FOTD Eddie - if this is called ''greater chance'' then I wonder how many souls I will need to open after the event... 200? 400? 1000?

I've got him after opening 50 rare souls :)

Eagleknight
10-30-2016, 06:04 AM
I opened 2 stacks of rare souls and got 3 FOTD Eddies. It took 15 stacks of regular souls to get 1 blue pumpkin was the last one I needed.

Kaijester
10-30-2016, 07:00 AM
It took me 43 rare souls to get FOTD Eddie.

hold
10-30-2016, 07:09 AM

If I could I would give you my second one. A donate character button would be awesome :)

Esquatcho
10-30-2016, 07:17 AM
Used all my rare souls and no fotd eddie :(

Looks like Im going to be trying to go hard on troopers and wish for luck on sentinle souls the next couple of days!

aur0ra85
10-30-2016, 02:42 PM
I got 2 pumpkins, took me 4 stacks of regular souls.

blade685
10-30-2016, 02:59 PM
same today only shit loot in hard "special" event.....it s a joke halloween???
Better loot in all world...0 soul etc

osiris0000
10-31-2016, 02:08 PM
I got pretty good drops on this event. Especially FOTD Eddie (just got from sentinel rare soul), Gunner COTD and Corrupt General, etc.. List is long. My luck start to smile to me i guess.

Just only Sentinel Pumpkin is missing from event for me. Has anyone tried pumpkins yet? :)
By the way, Gunner skull seems interesting since he have "rise" skill same as PSS. I leveled him up to 4*, soon i will level him up to 5* and share with slauki for putting up on the maxed chars list.

Purplepixii
10-31-2016, 02:15 PM
Has anyone purchased this at the discounted price? If so, what Legendary Soul did you get? Am trying to decide whether to purchase or not :confused:

Heavy1974
10-31-2016, 02:16 PM
Gunner skulls are mine too, i`m gonna level em up also.
Pumpkin not a single one, nor FOTD Eddie-sucks.
Drop rates dencreased the last two days...
Gonna keep on grinding though...

Arcturus
10-31-2016, 05:29 PM
Pretty excited about this - pulled FotD Eddie & a 5* Allied General (my first 5* pull ever), plus the magus CotD & blue and green pumpkins. Not to mention the nice boost in gold, ironite, & skill shards from the new achievements section. Finally got enough skill shards to get my Angel of Fear maxed out. Now to start farming all the talisman/runes I'll need for the new guys.

But too bad the rewards for the new level aren't very good (or aren't working correctly). Kind of fun to fight against an Eddie.

kjtaylor13
10-31-2016, 05:52 PM
Hi Purplepixii

I wish I could but seems to be an issue on android purchasing anything in lotb at the moment. Hope they fix before the event ends.

Cheers

TheRev665
10-31-2016, 10:11 PM
I got all the Pumkins and FotD Eddie from buying the 10 Rare Souls pack. The Pumkins don't have any Passive abilities though which mean I won't be using them much.

osogaru
11-01-2016, 12:28 PM
near 700 regular souls :
3 warrior pumpkins
3 magus pumkins
but 0 sentinel pumkins :(
really bad luck !!

Browno
11-01-2016, 12:44 PM
700 here too and only 1 magus pumpkin

hold
11-01-2016, 01:04 PM
near 700 regular souls :
3 warrior pumpkins
3 magus pumkins
really bad luck !!
Also searching the sentinel pumpkin

MuadDib-7367
11-01-2016, 02:57 PM
Ok, so I have been farming this raid non stop on Madness and here are few observations on a run of 250 or so attempts:

-- 1* runes are dropping from Madness. Total waste of 10SoT to get the lowest ranking runes
-- 4 rare souls in 3 days
-- 0 rare Gunner/Assassin souls
-- 0 Skill shards
-- Many times only receive 2500 gold as reward

I have stopped playing the Halloween raid as I don't need (or want) any 1* runes for 10SoT. Devs need to do a better job on the next special event, as it shouldn't be the most expensive raid option with the worse reward structure.

zamasu
11-01-2016, 03:03 PM
near 700 regular souls :
3 warrior pumpkins
3 magus pumkins
really bad luck !!

Let's trade! I have 3 sentinel ones. 0 magnus ....

osogaru
11-01-2016, 03:06 PM
Let's trade! I have 3 sentinel ones. 0 magnus ....

it would be great !!
anyway I "sold" the duplicates to make room for new ox cultist :)

Nekroliun
11-01-2016, 04:01 PM
And i missed all of this?? I have 1 day, wth!

BillLion
11-01-2016, 04:28 PM
And i missed all of this?? I have 1 day, wth!

Good news -less distraction from your homework!

Nekroliun
11-01-2016, 04:45 PM
Good news -less distraction from your homework!

Idk how me missing out on this limited time event is good news, also wtf happened to the trophies and char pics??? Also cool, a free grim reaper eddie! Also cool, 1000 ironite! Also cool, I JUST HAD TO QUIT THE MADNESS FEAR OF THE DARK EVENT@ PLZ TELL ME I CAN REPEAT...

Sparton_LOTB
11-01-2016, 05:44 PM
I wish I could but seems to be an issue on android purchasing anything in lotb at the moment. Hope they fix before the event ends.

You probably caught this in the other thread, but the Android purchasing issue should be resolved now.

hold
11-01-2016, 06:46 PM
You probably caught this in the other thread, but the Android purchasing issue should be resolved now.

Got 1625 trooper badges but cannot purchase a sentinel soul now. Game claims I don't have enough trooper badges. Hmmm

Edit: it did work after I reduced my shard stack to 49...

Can I swap 2 Mummy Eddies for a sentinel pumpkin? I throw in a SoL Eddie on top :-)

But I could buy Ironite. That seems to work again.

osiris0000
11-01-2016, 08:01 PM
Eureka!

Finally I got my Sentinel Pumpkin. Now my limited edition pumpkin collection is ended up with 2 Magus, 1 Red and 1 Sentinel pumpkin,done!

I got it from Sentinel Rare soul - throwed 3 Sentinel Rare souls together. Came up with Corrupt Ox Cultist (Rarest of all) and Dog of war. I am buying Sentinel rare souls since event started. If you want it, do the same. I have throwed many regular soul stacks and he didn't came up from there. There is more luck with Sentinel Rare Souls i guess.

Chaosego888
11-01-2016, 09:40 PM
I have been trying to purchase the $30 Halloween pack since thursday with failed purchase error. I was able to use my trooper badges this morning to buy several Sentinel Souls and got the FotD Eddie & the last pumpkin. I also tried again to purchase the Halloween pack again. I didn't get the Google Play error this time but got the error from the game afterwords, then a receipt from Google but no souls or Ironite. Now I am nearly out of Ironite & there are no items in the store so I cannot refill my sands or get any Ironite. Chaosego888-9998

Sparton_LOTB
11-01-2016, 11:47 PM
I have been trying to purchase the $30 Halloween pack since thursday with failed purchase error. I was able to use my trooper badges this morning to buy several Sentinel Souls and got the FotD Eddie & the last pumpkin. I also tried again to purchase the Halloween pack again. I didn't get the Google Play error this time but got the error from the game afterwords, then a receipt from Google but no souls or Ironite. Now I am nearly out of Ironite & there are no items in the store so I cannot refill my sands or get any Ironite. Chaosego888-9998

There might be something more specific to your account that needs to be investigated. Please contact CS through the in-game Support button and they can investigate/provide what has been purchased and not redeemed.

Kaijester
11-02-2016, 01:04 AM
Can I confirm that only Pumpkin characters are limited to Halloween while new character like (Assassin) Corrupted Ox Cultist will still be available after the event?

Thanks!

Sidney
11-02-2016, 04:07 AM
I spent another 10 pack of Rare souls earlier today and finally pulled a CR Eddie and the two missing pumpkins I was looking for. Aside from this I feel like Charlie Brown... "I got a rock" Still no FOTD Eddie... Hoping to add him to the family so i can spend more time farming runes and talismans for him, but I have to say that I've played him from one of my troopers and I'm not all that impressed yet. Perhaps the wrong talismans on him but I'd like to have one to experiment with just the same. I'd really like a Samurai Eddie or Corrupt General but maybe that is what I'll find in the Thanksgiving or Christmas levels... :D I really want to see what I get for Veterans Day!!! Do I need to send a copy of my DD-214?

Still loving the surprise the Devs gave to all the people who have already beaten the game with 3 skulls on all levels... That was awesome!! Hording my skill shards on a worthy toon... just haven't decided on one yet... much research to be done and much Talisman work... ARGH!!!

Esquatcho
11-02-2016, 04:48 AM
Still no FOTD Eddie...

I reckon green souls from trooper points are the go. I and many others seem to have gotten him there & I expect thats because by going greens only, the character pool is smaller, so a higher chance of getting him. (Legendary souls too probs, but they are harder to get!)

ErikInVegas
11-02-2016, 06:16 PM
Each post needs to be at least ten words long.

Rayray131
11-02-2016, 06:46 PM
Really enjoyed the updates, and got most of the new characters. Thanks.

Now can someone please address the low drop rates for the 1 star and 2 star red Evo ruins. I am tired of farming Shadow of the Wickerman on normal for the slim chance of finding a 1 star red ruin.

Sparton_LOTB
11-02-2016, 09:10 PM
Can I confirm that only Pumpkin characters are limited to Halloween while new character like (Assassin) Corrupted Ox Cultist will still be available after the event?

Correct; only the three Haunted Pumpkins will use their Invisibility Talismans and vanish from souls at event end.

Now can someone please address the low drop rates for the 1 star and 2 star red Evo ruins. I am tired of farming Shadow of the Wickerman on normal for the slim chance of finding a 1 star red ruin.

Yeah, I have it on my list of things to adjust the rate and quantity of lower-rarity evo materials so they're not more of a bottleneck than 3 star evo materials for late-game players. I just haven't had a chance to sit down and take care of that yet.

Esquatcho
11-02-2016, 11:57 PM
Yeah, I have it on my list of things to adjust the rate and quantity of lower-rarity evo materials so they're not more of a bottleneck than 3 star evo materials for late-game players. I just haven't had a chance to sit down and take care of that yet.

Thats awesome news thanks!

Kaijester
11-03-2016, 10:10 AM
Thanks guys for the screenshots of the Pumpkins and thanks Sparton for answering. :-)

Esquatcho
11-03-2016, 11:43 AM
Used all my rare souls and no fotd eddie :(

Looks like Im going to be trying to go hard on troopers and wish for luck on sentinle souls the next couple of days!

Just realised I wrote this - Well going hard on troopers and using sentinel souls was the way to get FOTD Eddie!

Frost
11-03-2016, 01:10 PM
Just realised I wrote this - Well going hard on troopers and using sentinel souls was the way to get FOTD Eddie!

All I got from Rare Sentinel Souls this event was dogs and skeletons...

Roquetas-5312
11-03-2016, 01:38 PM
Extra day of f event and drops are as crappy as first 2 days thanks a bunch developers
Been playing FOTD area for 4 hours constant and not even 1 rare soul !
Not seen a rare gunner souls or skill shard
Spent 5509 sands of time so far this event
Spent £124 on packs
HAve only got 2 of the 3 pumpkins so far

Feel like I've been ripped off with this event

Roquetas-5312
11-03-2016, 02:31 PM
I tried another 10 times and still no rare soul today so I tried something crazy and it worked
I did shadow of the wicker man on madness and then first time on FOTD madness I get my first rare soul today !

Ian
11-03-2016, 02:35 PM
I tried another 10 times and still no rare soul today so I tried something crazy and it worked
I did shadow of the wicker man on madness and then first time on FOTD madness I get my first rare soul today !

That makes a lot of sense when you think about it! I hope the soul is a good one - good luck!

Roquetas-5312
11-03-2016, 05:44 PM
Another desert warrior !
Spent over 500 sands more and not a single rare soul
So 3/5 days of this event the rewards are utter crap

Complete waste of my time and money really disappointed I couldn't even
Get the 3 limited 3* pumpkins

Please please end this event and forget about doing any more in future. concentrate on increasing
The amount of characters allowed,sacrifice,pvp and new areas

Christophirer
11-03-2016, 09:15 PM
Well, there goes my chance of winning the FoTD Eddie. Been farming like crazy in the past few days. But anyway I got myself a Sentinel Haunted Pumpkin. Better chance next year maybe hehe. Thanks to all devs and to my Legion of Troopers as well.

FlyingV
11-03-2016, 09:22 PM
Another desert warrior !
Spent over 500 sands more and not a single rare soul
So 3/5 days of this event the rewards are utter crap

Complete waste of my time and money really disappointed I couldn't even
Get the 3 limited 3* pumpkins

Please please end this event and forget about doing any more in future. concentrate on increasing

No offense, but regular season game play should have adequately warned you about the pitfalls of spending money at this time given the poor likelihood of getting anything from souls of any kind, even including the legendary ones.

As for the promotional event, I'm rather disappointed with the way that it was handled – no payouts made after day one, etc. but I do appreciate the effort made to entertain us with something different. I do agree that your requests are important, especially opening up the amount of characters, but I disagree with your desire to eliminate future promotions. That they were executed poorly does not mean they cannot be improved into something better and worthwhile.

Sparton_LOTB
11-03-2016, 10:18 PM

As for the promotional event, I'm rather disappointed with the way that it was handled – no payouts made after day one, etc. but I do appreciate the effort made to entertain us with something different. I do agree that your requests are important, especially opening up the amount of characters, but I disagree with your desire to eliminate future promotions. That they were executed poorly does not mean they cannot be improved into something better and worthwhile.

We definitely view the current promotional too as good in some ways (there was much more activity and excitement in various channels for the game during that period), but we agree we need to take the opportunity to learn from what didn't work as well to provide better events in the future.

I actually had a discussion with Kaz over lunch today about how we could do something that works a bit better for an event we could do in the future. We already have a few different plans we want to try to see what players end up enjoying.

Well, there goes my chance of winning the FoTD Eddie. Been farming like crazy in the past few days. But anyway I got myself a Sentinel Haunted Pumpkin. Better chance next year maybe hehe. Thanks to all devs and to my Legion of Troopers as well.

Well, Fear of the Dark Eddie is definitely much more rare to get now, but only the Haunted Pumpkins are now not obtainable. You could get really lucky one day when you least expect it...

Kaijester
11-03-2016, 10:30 PM
The event was great but ended with a slight taste of bitterness for the patience (hardcore) players are unable to obtain any skill shards nor gunner assassin soul beyond the 1st round.

ironmaiden84
11-03-2016, 10:34 PM
The event was great but ended with a slight taste of bitterness for the patience (hardcore) players are unable to obtain any skill shards nor gunner assassin soul beyond the 1st round.

The only bad thing is, that right now after the event with the new update so many people can't update and are stuck in a endless updating/downloading screen - like in the update thread discussed.

But regarding your problem: I also got no skill shard from the first 40+ rounds on madness. So I tried hard, because it costs less and you're faster done with it and what a surprise the drop rates were quiet okay. 1 rare soul from about 10 rounds. And in total I got maybe 5-10 rare assassin/gunner souls.

Kaijester
11-03-2016, 10:42 PM
I gotten 30+ Rare Souls but zero gunner assassin...fml.

Will be nice for game team to announce some sort of coming plans so that we can get past this bitterness.

Heavy1974
11-04-2016, 06:56 AM
I also got 6 or seven gunner/assasin souls after the first round.
Nothing beyond 3* though. Got the wicker golem as only char I kept
from those.

Kaijester
11-04-2016, 07:00 AM
So obviously gunner assassin soul drops in hard level but not madness. Wth.

Roquetas-5312
11-04-2016, 07:37 AM
So assassin/gunner rare soul dropped in hard that's very annoying to find out now.
Clearly there was a bug in the rewards for madness
Would like some apology or compensation from the developers for that.

Will the pumpkins be back next Halloween ?

Or have I missed my chance to collect all characters now ?
If so my long term goal is unachieveable and therefore my enthusiasm for the game
Will drop

Purplepixii
11-04-2016, 07:50 AM
Well I finally got a FoTD Eddie so thanks for the event devs! No pumpkins but Eddie > Pumpkins anyway lol

This morning however I'm stuck in an endless updating loop (iPad & iPhone) which sucks as I just want to play! 😢

Esquatcho
11-04-2016, 07:57 AM
So obviously gunner assassin soul drops in hard level but not madness. Wth.

Im thinking madness level was somehow doing the same drops as normal. That'd explain all the 1* evo shards & complete lack of a/g souls & skill shards.

That is massive suckfulness!

Heavy1974
11-04-2016, 08:11 AM
Im thinking madness level was somehow doing the same drops as normal. That'd explain all the 1* evo shards & complete lack of a/g souls & skill shards.

That is massive suckfulness!

G/A soul dropped on madness, though very, very rare. Got two there and 4 or 5 on hard...

Roquetas-5312
11-04-2016, 08:21 AM
How many times did you play it as I played it well over 400 times without getting any

Esquatcho
11-04-2016, 09:02 AM
G/A soul dropped on madness, though very, very rare. Got two there and 4 or 5 on hard...

Wow you mustve gotten lucky! Slauki burnt 200+ rounds on it and didnt get one g/a soul! After I saw that, I went - NOPE! Then in Slaukis drop estimation thread I think someone mentioned burning over 6k sands without a g/a soul!

Edit: Yeah it was Roquetas http://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?1686-Experiment-Estimation-of-the-real-droprates-for-3*-Runes-and-dungeon-loot&p=20915&viewfull=1#post20915

Heavy1974
11-04-2016, 09:20 AM
Wow you mustve gotten lucky! Slauki burnt 200+ rounds on it and didnt get one g/a soul! After I saw that, I went - NOPE! Then in Slaukis drop estimation thread I think someone mentioned burning over 6k sands without a g/a soul!

Edit: Yeah it was Roquetas http://forum.ironmaidenlegacy.com/showthread.php?1686-Experiment-Estimation-of-the-real-droprates-for-3*-Runes-and-dungeon-loot&p=20915&viewfull=1#post20915

if you had seen the chars i was getting from them you wouldn`t call me lucky, hahaha.
Drop rate was very inconsistent. on 2 days of the event i got max. 2 rare souls in about
a hundred runs, on one day i had 14 rare souls. Only real nice that came out of that was
warrior pumpkin and (as only higher than 3+ chars) the sentinel soulless demon.
no FOTD Eddie at all............

ErikInVegas
11-04-2016, 09:40 AM
purple Chattering Skull assassin 2*

I got it as a 2* from trooper assassin souls I bought with trooper points to complete the daily challenges because I didn't get a single soul while supporting my troopers despite multiple claims that I would = Yes, please give me 300 gold for a Madness quest when I already have 2M.

Since I've been throwing away all 2*s I had upgrade materials for this one

Note that this has a passive power on a 2*

upgrade cost=3x1*purple+3x1*rainbow

Anyway, here it is as a 2*

It's not letting me upload 2 pix in one post so I'll do the 3* in the next post

ErikInVegas
11-04-2016, 09:42 AM
And then there's the 3* version of the purple Chattering Skull assassin 3* after I upgraded it

These were put together with paint.net which is free and much better than MSPaint.