PDA

View Full Version : Skill shards may not be that random

Switch
10-30-2016, 11:06 AM
From what I've seen, although they say they level up one random skill, I've noticed that they tend to power up the skills you use a lot more frequently than ones you don't. After never using SE's acrid smoke, that skill is still at level one while all his others are max.

I may be wrong here (please correct if you feel I am), but noticed it's happened with others of mine as well. So if you want certain skills to level, you may want to use that ability in battle a fair bit before using those precious skill shards. Same with new characters, use the useful skills a bit before powering.

Ancient Mariner
10-30-2016, 12:36 PM
Nah i think you were just lucky then: for example speaking of acrid smoke, it was the ability where several skill shards dropped when i upgraded my Soldier Eddie, altough i never used it

slauki
10-30-2016, 12:40 PM
Nah i think you were just lucky then: for example speaking of acrid smoke, it was the ability where several skill shards dropped when i upgraded my Soldier Eddie, altough i never used it

exactly, the same for me on several skills.

i bet it's pure coincidence

Reeb99
10-30-2016, 01:23 PM
My opinion: Pure RNG, just like getting certain pulls on certain days. Chances are somebody is going to get them, but that doesn't indicate a pattern. From a programming standpoint, it would make zero sense to code either of these theories. It would be way more complex than simple RNG. They have better things to spend time working on.

Arcturus
10-30-2016, 03:02 PM
Yeah, over half of my Soldier Eddie'a skill shards went to Acrid Smoke (before it was even random damage), and I filled up the Angel of Fear's power ability well before his basic attack, which I use all the time. You're getting lucky, enjoy it.

rangerdave
10-30-2016, 03:08 PM
It is completely random. I never used Acrid Smoke, but that skill was maxed before any of the others on Soldier Eddie.

Switch
10-30-2016, 04:56 PM
Fair enough, I've got seriously lucky then. It happened the other way powering wicker man, wanted his special to level, but most points went to his regular attack, which was obviously used more.

Thought it was worth mentioning at least, if it was a proper feature it would be a good one to know.

Ian
11-02-2016, 07:54 AM
Odd, I thought they automatically got applied to the worst or least-used skill first, which is why I have acrid smoke maxed out (and it's still pathetic even post-update). Makes sense if you want to charge people £50 for more skill shards so they can actually improve their character...