PDA

View Full Version : A cry out for champion selection etiquette

Flann
07-24-2016, 01:46 PM
I fully understand that everyone doesn't have high level Eddie's or allies. And at lower levels, 3*'s are the norm. But I'm sure a lot of us grinding out higher levels (I'm on Underworld-hard and Battlefield-madness); people who select their champion as an ally anything less than a level 60ish 4 * is becoming a major inconvenience. It is in my opinion far better to have a "Rumble Seat Eddie" than a higher level ally. I can easily put the original Eddie with 1* into the area I'm grinding. "Get in, strap in, hang on and shut up". If you don't have a high level ally, leave your champion on an Eddie. And if you think this sounds a little bit like whining, ask yourself "why do I need to keep finding replacement Troopers?" Just sayin.

Nightowl
07-24-2016, 09:20 PM
It does sound a bit like whining, but you do have a point...

I have often wondered the same thing...I tend to look at it like this, if the person has a low level ally as their champion, and if that champion is steadily being improved, then I just use them on the low level secret areas, problem solved...

But, if, after a couple of days, the level (or star level) of that ally trooper doesn't improve, then I drop them to clear up space...

Keith-0137

Bob.A.Smith-6226
07-24-2016, 10:18 PM
My Champion. BobASmith-6226

215 216

Flann
07-24-2016, 10:55 PM
Very very nice! Jealous.

Fudjo
08-11-2016, 09:56 AM
I'm not finding weaker ally Champions to be much of an issue, as I find them perfectly fine to bring along during my daily "shopping trips" to my secret locations. For all three Ailing Kingdom secret locations and the Normal secret location in Kingdom of the Sands, a scrub ally Champion is no problem since you can do those with a solo Eddie anyway.

Jennie-5128
08-11-2016, 11:21 AM
I get bored of seeing all the same character :/

Maybe I'm just weird

Dutch
08-11-2016, 11:32 AM
I really think everyone (that has completed the game so far and doesnt really need the additional help from troopers) should have an Eddie as champion, its far easier to use these as fillers and use your ally spot for one that needs levelling up

Stormseye
08-12-2016, 06:20 PM
I don't mind the low levels so much because I mostly farm low level Madness for trooper badges. So if the level 30 ally gets eaten up by the first wave of attacks I can still finish the stage with just SE. That being said, the guy with the level 1 Rock Golem, your days might be numbered. I have two pending trooper requests and they look good, 100 Pharaoh Eddie is one.

Kaijester
08-19-2016, 02:28 AM
With the introduction of Time Rift to this game, please note that it has became increasingly difficult to use low level / HP Champion trooper (for me), so appreciate it if everyone uses their best character as Champion.

Or an Eddie as a minimal instead of low level low HP ally.

Trystangst
08-19-2016, 02:33 AM
With the introduction of Time Rift to this game, please note that it has became increasingly difficult to use low level / HP Champion trooper (for me), so appreciate it if everyone uses their best character as Champion.

Or an Eddie as a minimal instead of low level low HP ally.

Yeah - but in the Rift you also get a 3rd Ally slot. So bringing a weak Ally along shouldn't impact your team unless you're relying on that 3rd slot to clear.

Gonzo
08-19-2016, 02:39 AM
I don't think you can go to high level dungeons without 4 really good characters. I've mostly used Eddied as fillers in the dungeons with the eventual Child of the Damned or the Warrior Angel.

I'll share my best counter for each Dungeon.

Sentinel - Warrior Golden Son
Magus - Alliance General
Warrior - Allied Soldier or Blue Angel
Gunner - Corrupted Harpy
Assassin - Soldier Eddie... Which will be complicated since I don't have any other good Gunner.

What do you guys think about this? Is it good or is it better to stick with a character and hope everyone uses it?

Jennie-5128
08-19-2016, 10:18 AM
I don't think you can go to high level dungeons without 4 really good characters. I've mostly used Eddied as fillers in the dungeons with the eventual Child of the Damned or the Warrior Angel.

I'll share my best counter for each Dungeon.

Sentinel - Warrior Golden Son
Magus - Alliance General
Warrior - Allied Soldier or Blue Angel
Gunner - Corrupted Harpy
Assassin - Soldier Eddie... Which will be complicated since I don't have any other good Gunner.

What do you guys think about this? Is it good or is it better to stick with a character and hope everyone uses it?

So I was just going to come to this thread and say we should select champions for the dungeon of the day. I'm glad we're on the same wavelength, Gonzo.

I'd say if you don't have a really good one for the dungeon of the day then stick with a good one of a different type, but swapping to the most useful type is a good way for everyone to have variety in trooper play :)