PDA

View Full Version : Can you convince me to keep skilled, sorcery and onslaught talis?

FlyingV
11-02-2016, 07:47 AM
Prior to the 'October butchery update,' it had become common knowledge that these talismans were garbage due to their counterparts' superiority regarding hitpoints.

I have a four star set of holy sorcery talismans that I foolishly built before becoming aware of their handicapped nature, and since the updates I have not moved forward and cleared all these new three-star skilled sorcery etc. talismans that have no hit point augmentation to them. So, the question is whether you have found any of these worthwhile after the update, or do they remain vend trash?

Kaijester
11-02-2016, 09:22 AM
You can add Mystical to the list since all attacks are based on either attack, magic, def or special, it makes no sense to use mystical (HP/DEF/MDEF). These are currently vendor trash to me but who knows the game team might change them in the future.

Since you have spent gold and runes on them, I will suggest to just store it on a character.

hold
11-02-2016, 10:56 AM
You can add Mystical to the list since all attacks are based on either attack, magic, def or special, it makes no sense to use mystical (HP/DEF/MDEF). These are currently vendor trash to me but who knows the game team might change them in the future.

Since you have spent gold and runes on them, I will suggest to just store it on a character.

I put a mystical on my Rainmaker as he has hardly any defense.

Ian
11-02-2016, 12:39 PM
Mystical are defensive-orientated, so they are not useless, but sorcery/skilled are complete trash, and with 1*-2* talismans now not showing their true potential by having all stats listed, new players may well be duped into thinking these gaudy pieces of rubbish are somehow worthwhile.
Frankly Skilled/Sorcery/Onslaught are unless they get a major (like 2x) bonus to magic or atk compared to current stats

GreyMouser
11-02-2016, 12:48 PM
Keep your Mystical, especially if you have a FOTD Eddie. He is DEF based.

Ddrak
11-02-2016, 01:26 PM
Question: Can you convince me to keep skilled, sorcery and onslaught talis?
Answer: Nope :)

While Mystical (Green: Health, Defence and Magical Resistance) are quite good on some toon.

Ancient Mariner
11-02-2016, 01:38 PM

I think that DEF points that come from talismans don't increase the effectiveness of abilities based on DEF, am i wrong?
What i understood is that all FOTD Eddie's abilities that deal more damage based on DEF, rely only to the character's basic parameter...

looking for a confirmation though

Kaijester
11-02-2016, 02:09 PM

FOTD Eddie deals mostly physical attacks based on DEF stat therefore overwhelming health talisman (hp/def/atk) will be the best.

Ancient Mariner
11-02-2016, 02:40 PM
FOTD Eddie deals mostly physical attacks based on DEF stat therefore overwhelming health talisman (hp/def/atk) will be the best.

Do you have it Kai? I still have to build a talisman set for him, and as i wrote above you i'm wondering if talismans DEF points affect the abilities effectiveness or not...
Wouldn't it be better anyways to give him red talismans to significantly increase the attack instead of the green ones?
The point is that i have no idea what affects more the attack strenght: either the Attack points or Defense ones (due to abilities being based on DEF) :confused:

Arcturus
11-02-2016, 02:45 PM
I think that DEF points that come from talismans don't increase the effectiveness of abilities based on DEF, am i wrong?
What i understood is that all FOTD Eddie's abilities that deal more damage based on DEF, rely only to the character's basic parameter...

looking for a confirmation though

My understanding is that any attacks/abilities are based on the base stats + augmentations. It's talismans (such as "increases attack by 15% of defense") that are only based on the base stat.

That'd be pretty misleading if a physical attack that scales with defense was based on total attack but only base defense.

MuadDib-7367
11-02-2016, 02:57 PM
Do you have it Kai? I still have to build a talisman set for him, and as i wrote above you i'm wondering if talismans DEF points affect the abilities effectiveness or not...
Wouldn't it be better anyways to give him red talismans to significantly increase the attack instead of the green ones?
The point is that i have no idea what affects more the attack strenght: either the Attack points or Defense ones (due to abilities being based on DEF) :confused:

I have him loaded with 4 iron fierce talisman and 2 stone overwhelming. He hits just fine. Pair Alliance General 'Grand Strategy' and FotD Eddie fury does over 15k damage to each villain while healing entire team.

Kaijester
11-02-2016, 03:01 PM
Posted this question to Sparton on another thread which talks about scaling stat. Anyway it appear to me that it is based on total and not just base stats.

Ancient Mariner
11-02-2016, 03:22 PM
Mh what makes me doubt is the fact that for example, some abilities (from other sentinel characters) say "based on MAX hp" as if to say "included the talismans contribution", while here i only read "based on DEF" and not "on MAX Def"...

Hope the dev team will enlight us about this

Arcturus
11-02-2016, 04:58 PM
Mh what makes me doubt is the fact that for example, some abilities (from other sentinel characters) say "based on MAX hp" as if to say "included the talismans contribution", while here i only read "based on DEF" and not "on MAX Def"...

Hope the dev team will enlight us about this

I think what they're trying to highlight there is that some stats scale with a character's Max HP, and some scale with current (or missing) HP. I don't think I've seen "max" used for any other stat.

Ancient Mariner
11-02-2016, 11:17 PM
I think what they're trying to highlight there is that some stats scale with a character's Max HP, and some scale with current (or missing) HP. I don't think I've seen "max" used for any other stat.

indeed Sparton confirmed that regarding FOTD Eddie, we have to consider the total DEF :)