PDA

View Full Version : Talismans for Golden Son Assassin

Orc71
11-02-2016, 07:03 PM
I'm trying to figure out the best overall talisman set up for my 5* Golden Son Assassin. I'm currently using (3) Assassin (shield), 2 green Overwhelming, and one Ascension talismans. I have sets of every other type of talisman but I'm just not sure what to use for this particular character to get the best results. I generally would pair him with Samurai, FOTD, SOL, or Grim Reaper Eddies and then Corrupt General, The Wicker Man, Hellhound, or PDK characters. Please share your talisman builds and any suggestions. Thanks

Hypnos
11-02-2016, 07:29 PM
I use 3 assassin (shield) and 3 vampiric (barrier). Paired with the warrior axis bomber, the golden son is an extremely powerful character.

Orc71
11-02-2016, 07:32 PM
Unfortunately I don't have a warrior Axis Bomber Boy but I do have an assassin and gunner varieties.

tex-0775
11-02-2016, 08:11 PM
I have him equipped with a assassin shield set and a set of thief talis. He doesn't get the health from green talis but since he's got the immortality attack i thought he could do without. I use him for farming btw, usefull for eddies with a good fury attack \m/

tex-0775

Esquatcho
11-03-2016, 12:01 AM
The assassin set is essential. If you can go without health, I'd even say to go 2xassassin sets. He would be seriously destruction.

I have a set of blinds on him at the moment, which triggers regularly and against the computer is arguably better than freeze or paralysis. For auto-farming, I just find he needs the health. But for manual, using his immortality skill and extending it indefinitely with SoL Eddie, you definitely could go 2xassassins for maximum punch.

Coletrain
11-04-2016, 02:26 AM
I've got 2 assassin sets on mine which lets him hit pretty hard. Not a ton of HP but I usually try to annihilate everyone before that matters :D

Esquatcho
11-04-2016, 04:06 AM
I've got 2 assassin sets on mine which lets him hit pretty hard. Not a ton of HP but I usually try to annihilate everyone before that matters :D

Pair him with an Angel of Fear and you get 2 goes to destroy everyone too :)

PerthEddie
11-04-2016, 04:45 AM
Sorry to hijack the OP's thread. I pulled an Assassin Newborn of Light yesterday. I am guessing the talisman sets you have recommended for the Golden Son will be the same for the NoL?

Esquatcho
11-04-2016, 07:39 AM
Sorry to hijack the OP's thread. I pulled an Assassin Newborn of Light yesterday. I am guessing the talisman sets you have recommended for the Golden Son will be the same for the NoL?

Nice! Was that from your pile of halloween special souls? ... Hope you got FOTD!

Anyway, Assassin NoL is a bit different as he's not true damage and he's got the 1 red essential spot. For him, you've got a couple of options:
1 x assassin set, 2xstrength, 1 health (Survivability)
4 x strength, 2 random purples (Max damage)

PerthEddie
11-05-2016, 03:30 AM
Nice! Was that from your pile of halloween special souls? ... Hope you got FOTD!

Yeah it was. I was underwhelmed with what I got. All the Sentinel drops were dupes. Luckily I already had FotD Eddie.

I didn't know if the NoL was any good or not but sounds like he is? Thanks for the talisman suggestions - I will get to work on him and get him levelled up :)

aur0ra85
11-05-2016, 12:39 PM
I just got this guy, looks cool. Probably my next five star build. To start he's getting an assassin shield set, because I have two that I don't use lol. I think ideally id like to have an energy set for the 3 empty slots, but I don't have a spare energy set ATM, so I might throw on a three set of thief instead. Ideally I'd like a void set for my next purple set, and I feel like this character is a good candidate for it.
At the moment I'm trying to max all my eddies, I've got 21 talismans left to upgrade for them, but in the next couple weeks I should wrap up that project forever. Grim reaper, carriage rider, basic, samurai, soldier, are done. Wicker man, RTTH, Mummy, and rainmaker to go. I ran out of blue shards for SoL, so that project is shelved.

The Educated fool
11-05-2016, 03:53 PM
Put a set of Vampirics and a set of Voids on him and he's an instrument of death. :cool:

aur0ra85
11-05-2016, 05:37 PM
Put a set of Vampirics and a set of Voids on him and he's an instrument of death. :cool:

Have u tried this?

The Educated fool
11-05-2016, 05:41 PM
Have u tried this?

lol--Indeed I have! T'is my current build.

With the Vampirics working (finally), HP is less of an issue, and Voids are my favourite purple talismans otherwise. Lots of chances to trigger both with Golden Son. :cool:

FlyingV
11-07-2016, 10:21 AM
I need to level my 5* up to 100, so I just stuck him with a set of assassins and blindness meanwhile, but I have a 5* star set of death that I leveled as a noob. Seeing how enough people have no problem with six assassin talismans, this might be the best place to stick my death set

calizario
11-09-2016, 04:30 PM
lol--Indeed I have! T'is my current build.

With the Vampirics working (finally), HP is less of an issue, and Voids are my favourite purple talismans otherwise. Lots of chances to trigger both with Golden Son. :cool:

i use 3 void and 3 assasin ... perfect combination

Orc71
11-11-2016, 06:14 PM
I decided to go with maxed 5* Assassin (shield) set and a set of Vampirics and I couldn't be happier. I was concerned with his lack of health but he does just fine and dishes out nice damage.

Arcturus
11-11-2016, 08:53 PM
I decided to go with maxed 5* Assassin (shield) set and a set of Vampirics and I couldn't be happier. I was concerned with his lack of health but he does just fine and dishes out nice damage.

nice. this is what I'm working on. Currently got an assassin set, a health set & a random purple, but I'm working on upgrading the vampiric set. I'm worried about the health issue but have been hoping the lifesteal would be enough.

Esquatcho
11-11-2016, 10:01 PM

Im going to slowy work on some vampirics. I reckon the heal would definitely offset some of his squishyness.

But for now, I had a second set of assassin.... Double assassins plus red angels extra turn passive = most things dead in 1 round!

Still needs a bit more health for autofarming underworld madness though imo.

osiris0000
11-14-2016, 12:50 PM
I am trying to get him nowadays, its quite hard to spend 3750 trooper points to a gamble. Should i try regular gunner&assasin souls to obtain him? Because i tried for 5 days and most of the time the 3* i got was a gunner dog or another undead axis soldier. In this case i don't get anything with those regular gunner & assassin souls either. Any idea?

Esquatcho
11-14-2016, 01:28 PM
I am trying to get him nowadays, its quite hard to spend 3750 trooper points to a gamble. Should i try regular gunner&assasin souls to obtain him? Because i tried for 5 days and most of the time the 3* i got was a gunner dog or another undead axis soldier. In this case i don't get anything with those regular gunner & assassin souls either. Any idea?

To be honest I dont know how I got him... Does he drop as a 3*? Then potentially burn a few stacks of regular souls? Otherwise, if he lands as a 3*, regular gunner/assassin souls should work eventually & considering the cost difference, I reckon it'd be worth a try...

Witkacy
11-14-2016, 03:29 PM

osiris :)

Well, I got mine from G/A soul that was a reward from some achievements... So I guess I am lucky that I got him for ''free''... I plan to build him at once, cause I don't have any decent purple character at the moment and from this I've read here some wise people said he might be useful little fella... Back to your question - maybe it's worth to wait a bit and get some ''free'' assassin souls and then count on luck? Since you have no sure at all if you get him - it's not worth to waste 3750 tp to try, if you ask me...

Cheers,
W

osiris0000
11-14-2016, 03:36 PM
To be honest I dont know how I got him... Does he drop as a 3*? Then potentially burn a few stacks of regular souls? Otherwise, if he lands as a 3*, regular gunner/assassin souls should work eventually & considering the cost difference, I reckon it'd be worth a try...

Thats what i was thinking. But i have already spent around 10000 to regular ones to obtain him, most of the time i got 2* gunner and assasins.. Well, its much better than spending 37500 in the end of course. But i got nothing. I could have 2 skillshards instead.

Anyway, i am changing the strategy from today. I will just buy only 4 x regular ones each day, which make = 500 points. And i will save the rest for his skillshards. I already have one skillshard laying there, he need 4 skillshards to be maxed. In this case, i will be able to buy 3 more skillshards in this order - approximately within 1 week. If i still didn't get him, then i will only focus to spend my trooper points on rare-assassin souls. This is the best solution i come up with. So, i will see..

osiris0000
11-14-2016, 03:42 PM
osiris :)

Well, I got mine from G/A soul that was a reward from some achievements... So I guess I am lucky that I got him for ''free''... I plan to build him at once, cause I don't have any decent purple character at the moment and from this I've read here some wise people said he might be useful little fella... Back to your question - maybe it's worth to wait a bit and get some ''free'' assassin souls and then count on luck? Since you have no sure at all if you get him - it's not worth to waste 3750 tp to try, if you ask me...

Cheers,
W

He hits damn hard my friend and getting this character is my current goal in the game. I have tried a full-maxed one from one of my troopers, that damage output is crazy. I already got a lot of valuable red and blue chars. I am just collecting hardest hitters as much as possible, to finish building my heavy hitter dungeon-farming-dream team. I already have 3 of them : Fear of the dark eddie (I use him for his nasty debuffs-support character more than heavy-hitter), Angel of fear (maxed), Red troll (maxed). When i have this killer, this team will be unstoppable in any dungeon.

Arcturus
11-14-2016, 07:07 PM
He hits damn hard my friend and getting this character is my current goal in the game. I have tried a full-maxed one from one of my troopers, that damage output is crazy. I already got a lot of valuable red and blue chars. I am just collecting hardest hitters as much as possible, to finish building my heavy hitter dungeon-farming-dream team. I already have 3 of them : Fear of the dark eddie (I use him for his nasty debuffs-support character more than heavy-hitter), Angel of fear (maxed), Red troll (maxed). When i have this killer, this team will be unstoppable in any dungeon.

That'll be a good team. I've got an AoF & Assassin GS maxed (incl skill shards), along with Carriage Rider Eddie, and I don't even need my Allied General to walk through the LoL X dungeons on auto. Although it nice to use the General's power ability and then one-shot the Lord of Light w/the AoF (50-60k). I even (accidentally) discovered I can auto the Lvl 10 Gunner dungeon now, which I always felt was hardest.

I'd like another AOE character to replace the general just to speed things up a bit, but I obviously can't complain.

FlyingV
11-14-2016, 08:32 PM
I finally leveled my Assassin trio to 5, so it's time to commit to the other set that will be used. What say you, another Assassin trio, vamp or void?

Esquatcho
11-14-2016, 10:18 PM
I finally leveled my Assassin trio to 5, so it's time to commit to the other set that will be used. What say you, another Assassin trio, vamp or void?

All are nice.

Id skip vamp if you have another 'healer' in the team as standard

Void is also good as it covers the whole team, but relies in it triggering at a useful time.

I went the double assassins. He's definitely a little squishy, but that damage output!!!! So I roll with Grim Reaper as a backup all the time and if he dies, well he's just a fury away from life again :)

konstifik
11-25-2016, 08:19 AM
Not sure if it's a bug or supposed to work that way, but when vampiric talismans healing triggers, they heal for each hit dealt and since Assassin Golden Sons deals three hits of damage to all enemies, it's a loooot of healing.

Nifelheim
11-25-2016, 08:51 AM
I've tried the double assassins, and surprisingly enough, it did less damage than assassin and vampire sets.

Void shield is okay, but only lasts one round, and I try to finish the round without giving enemy a turn

Aristo4
11-25-2016, 11:59 AM
Not sure if it's a bug or supposed to work that way, but when vampiric talismans healing triggers, they heal for each hit dealt and since Assassin Golden Sons deals three hits of damage to all enemies, it's a loooot of healing.

Shhh :cool:

Ionswarm
11-26-2016, 03:43 AM
Void shield is okay, but only lasts one round, and I try to finish the round without giving enemy a turn

But they are kinda useful for ending the LoL Magus ghost when they reflect.

Esquatcho
11-26-2016, 05:00 AM
But they are kinda useful for ending the LoL Magus ghost when they reflect.

And handy against a swarm of warrior & assassin trolls! They are the only teams that are regularly able to survive past 1 round with my best team & then in madness they have a good chance of taking my eddie out if they all focus on him.

Nifelheim
11-26-2016, 07:22 AM
The strategy for the 4 trolls is CR Eddie fury on them. Followed by assassin golden son. Done in 2 moves.
There's some others that work but I don't remember the characters for those that don't have CR

For the ghost buff in lol X, I usually ride it out or outlast it with pharaoh Eddie fury. I guess you can use the siege passive or remove buff skills but hasn't tried or familiar with all that do that

Esquatcho
11-26-2016, 07:51 AM
The strategy for the 4 trolls is CR Eddie fury on them. Followed by assassin golden son. Done in 2 moves.
There's some others that work but I don't remember the characters for those that don't have CR

For the ghost buff in lol X, I usually ride it out or outlast it with pharaoh Eddie fury. I guess you can use the siege passive or remove buff skills but hasn't tried or familiar with all that do that

If youre lucky enough to have CR :) But you are right, that works nicely.

The other option for ghost buff is to use SoL or any other buff removing toon. Personally, I find I can ride out the blue LoL X boss with most team options anyway... Its just slower

hold
11-26-2016, 08:41 AM
If youre lucky enough to have CR :) But you are right, that works nicely.

The other option for ghost buff is to use SoL or any other buff removing toon. Personally, I find I can ride out the blue LoL X boss with most team options anyway... Its just slower

Golden Son Sentinel works rather nice as well. First round Heal Shield and you just try to survive the first round. After that you release the full wrath upon those trolls. Defensive strategy takes always more time but is a valid option if you don't have other toons.

With the Heal Shield you can easily also wait until the Ghost Mode of the LoL wears off ... it is time consuming but it does work.

konstifik
11-26-2016, 11:07 AM

Once you have unleashed CR Eddies fury on the 4 trolls, there are plenty of characters that can take them out in the same round. CR Eddies fury also prevent blue LoL ghosting, so he's a very handy character to have.

osiris0000
11-26-2016, 12:21 PM
Additional Note about Magus LOL Boss: If you play manual, you can kill the Magus LOL boss with one move of Fear Of The Dark Eddie :

"Spread Terror", which inflicts Perfect Corruption for 2 turns: "Perfect Corruption blocks all beneficial effects and cannot be cleansed or transferred". I have never seen this move triggered on autoplay.

Also "Purging Strike" move works in similar way: "Guarantees remove beneficial effects if enemy is below %50 HP" and it usually triggers on autoplay.

Nicko
11-26-2016, 04:06 PM

I love this guy - wanted one for the longest time - got one with my monthly Gunner/Assassin soul - then as fate would have it, another with a BNW soul!

And as much as he's a damage machine, I've taken him off the farm team when running on auto. His Immortality triggers exactly when you don't need it, similar to a Hellhound healing when everyone is at full strength

Nicko
11-26-2016, 04:08 PM

Or just bring along a Prisoner :D

konstifik
11-26-2016, 05:08 PM
Or just bring along a Prisoner :D

The description of The Prisoners passive says that it doesn't work against bosses, so that shouldn't work. If it does work it's a bug.